• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swallow vacuum

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
lol good stuff.

Swallow vacuum ***** Snake's offline who are trying to recover off stage. Lain taught me this.

It has its uses.

Coney

Smash Master
swallow is like, the best thing to do to a snake at the ledge, but only when he's hanging on it, footstooling his c4 is so good

does anyone know how to get that weird stage-spike property off inhale? it's happened a few times, specifically against wario and snake, where i'll inhale near the ledge and they'll get stage-spiked by the windbox...what the hell causes that?

Splice

Smash Hero
does anyone know how to get that weird stage-spike property off inhale? it's happened a few times, specifically against wario and snake, where i'll inhale near the ledge and they'll get stage-spiked by the windbox...what the hell causes that?
Well Im pretty sure with GaWs windbox from UpB, if you use it and it hits them into the stage they get spiked.

So perhaps it doesnt matter if they are being blown towards or away, if they are in effect of a windbox and they hit the bottom of the stage?

I was just lurking and I dont really know much about this but id like to know myself, and that's just a guess.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Its better try to footstool snake when he uses the c4 to recover .ill upload a video showing how, just wait.
Oh yes I know about this also. Its incredibly rewarding.

swallow is like, the best thing to do to a snake at the ledge, but only when he's hanging on it, footstooling his c4 is so good
Yeah I was referring more to this when he is at the ledge. Occasionally when I use Swallow at the ledge on certain stages it will drag Snake under the ledge and force him in C4 recover also. Its hella stupid. In a good way lol

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
rofl that was pretty funny.

I'm not sure if i were to use that since its usually better to just keep the bike on the stage so wario loses like half of its recovery w/o it once u c-g him off it, tho it may be useful for a stall out game if times got tough.

Tmacc

Smash Lord

I think you just have to space it so the windbox catches them right when they are below/near the ledge? Not sure.

And if you condition him to roll behind you while swallowing at the ledge (which seems to be one of his few options when we are swallowing when he's on the ledge) you can stop the inhale early and get a free CG. *coney thought of that and told me awhile back, I'm just sharing it*

Footstooling snake's C4 recovery is one of my favorite things...so rewarding. I love gimping snake in any way, actually.

About the bike...are there any other in game items that have this effect too?

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
My favorite way to gimp Snake's C4 recovery is to let him stick it on me and then I jump back to safety airdodging the explosion while I watch him die hopeless lol.

Btw, nice trolling Addy.

lain

Smash Master

I don't think it works against everyone.

It depends on how close the person is to the wind when they're ledgedropping and such.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think the person has to double jump for the stage spike to work

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I thought it only stagespiked if their body was already through the wall as they got hit by the wind, usually by a double jump or something of the like.

Coney

Smash Master
hm

neat

i wonder if it's possible, if you space it correctly, to inhale a snake's second jump much like you put out the ftilt to take it from them

like you dthrow, space it so they're right at the ledge but not quite there, and then just inhale as they're jumping up

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Laem

Smash Champion
hm

neat

i wonder if it's possible, if you space it correctly, to inhale a snake's second jump much like you put out the ftilt to take it from them

like you dthrow, space it so they're right at the ledge but not quite there, and then just inhale as they're jumping up

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
HHHHHHHHHmmMMMmmmm?!

this would only work at a specific timing for when snake doublejumps
if at all
BUT I APPROVE

Top Bottom