• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWAGG1 - Waterbury, CT - Nov 12th

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Props to HAB for a super fun tournament!

Doubles bracket:
1: FleshWang (Th0rn&Banks) ($53.44)
2: Chicks That Look Like Dudes (Mafia & MattDotCan'tEdgeguard) ($17.81)
3: I Just Won A Math Debate (Diesel & Tom)
4: Eat Fresh (SOLAR & Jinjo)
5: Two Noobs (MoonDoggie & Nintendork)

Singles Bracket:
1: Th0rn ($77) :foxmelee::falcomelee:
2: Banks ($77) :sheikmelee::foxmelee:
3: SwagDotZeb ($31) :falcomelee::mariomelee:
4: SOLAR ($18) :peachmelee::foxmelee:
5: Bolt ($8.80) :falcomelee::yoshimelee:
5: Mafia ($8.80) :peachmelee::falconmelee::foxmelee:
7: Jinjo :marthmelee:
7: Swift :foxmelee::marthmelee:
9: The CAM Factor :marthmelee::drmario::peachmelee:
9: Diesel the Train :ganonmelee:
9: PYN :falconmelee:
9: Aber :marthmelee:
13: CPU :sheikmelee:
13: The Blackest Steve That CT Ever Saw :marthmelee:
13: Slox :falconmelee:
13: OPX Inferno :falcomelee:
17: Colin (NOT BOLT) :marthmelee:
17: Mawk :foxmelee:
17: BoomRested :jigglypuffmelee:
17: CK :falcomelee:
17: Big Juice :ganonmelee:
17: Proskater :foxmelee:

Draft Crews;
Th0rn, MDZ, SOLAR, Jinjo, Bolt, Cam, Pyn, Cpu
VS
Banks, Mafia, Diesel, Slox, Aber, strawhats, CK, HAB -- WINNERS

Hope to see you guys at the next one. This venue is mad legit.

Next up ROM (Next weekend, let me know if you wanna room together in the hotel by the venue), then we got Grab the Coins on December 17th -- Click my sig for link to thread.
See you guys there

$mike

Smash Ace
uhhhh

matt, please correctly edit "$M" to "Mafia" so people don't think it's me. thanx

also, nice tag dan.

also, lol swift wtf happened here... ?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
bolt placed in da money???? bolt out placed swift????? wtf happened at this tourney?????

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Matt I hate to be that dude but could you change the title to SWAGG1?

SWAGG2 will be happening... in due time. Planning starts tomorrow.

As does shoutouts.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I feel like bolt is going to become really good based off what I saw of him at this.

In other news, HAB is "that guy."

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Ggs all. Dude, I love commentating... I might make a habit out of it. For a relatively small turnout, it was compensated with hype and competition. I might do shoutouts tomorrow if I feel inspired.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
First of all I wanna give the biggest shoutout to everyone who decided to show up. I know I was visibly salty for most of the tournament because of the sudden disappearance of many previously-confirmed attendees but it was quickly apparent when people did show up that we were gonna have a ****-*** time. Thank you everyone that showed up for making my first tournament a great experience.

Another special shout goes to Chavo, Deuce, Gweedo, Diero, Scrambler, Lil G, Alyssa and all the other staff at Vortex Gaming for making this event as good as it was. The Smash Community had nothing but great things to say about the venue and I sincerely hope that when there isn't a YuGiOh tournament competing for attention and space, SWAGG2 or whatever the next one is will be even better. We just may need some bigger CRTs at some point in the future!

And a special Shoutout to Scrambler in particular who basically made the recording/livestreaming possible in the first place. <3 you broooooooo.

SDZ - Thanks for all the TOing support, bro, as I do appreciate it. It was nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be (well, kinda), and once payment was done it was relatively easy to get everyone going. Also way to go making me drive all the way out to Wendy's and OFFERING YOU A COUPON when you had that Horsechoker Status of money in your pocket. What a cock. Also, I'm gonna work a little on a Grab the Coins banner.

Swift - Also thank you for the tremendous TO support. I'm so glad you decided to show up. Keep up the ****, homie!

Mafia - Thanks again for showing up and making the drive. It was really good to have you be a level-headed voice of reason during my hours of saltiness. I know you were disappointed with your placing but you were playing like a madman yesterday, so I'd be proud if I were you.

Black Santa - Doing that **** commentary during Draft Crews. We didn't get to play any friendlies, though. :( That's okay, we could team at the next one and run train through everyone.

Slox - THE STOCK SLAYER. My dude says he's gonna quit Smash and then takes like 8 stocks in crews. Too good. Too much **** for one man.

Th0rn - You took so much money. Also, you're welcome.

Banks - You also took so much money, and didn't even need to play in Draft Crews. ****.

Angelo (OPX Inferno) - Thanks again for the setup and the recording equipment. Very nice and necessary for making yesterday as amazing as it was.

Camillo (Nintendork) - I heard plenty of people go "Yo, who is that Peach over there?" You got some peoples' attention, homie. Should have entered singles, bro!

Moondoggie - Thanks for showing up, repping that Waterbury massive. You should come down with Camillo to Vortex more often so we can train up.

Justin (Big Juice) - Get at that Ganon, homie! Also, MOTHER **** DEEP FREEZE! What a worthless program!

SOLAR - Had to pull my dude off commentary for a bit. That **** cray. I guess you really did enjoy doing it. Also, good stuff knocking mad peoples out of bracket contention.

Jinjo - My dude also put in work in brackets, and was pretty impressive during crews. Maine raise up!

BIG HOMIE DADDY DANNY DIESEL - Possibly the hypest dude in the world. So much **** talk, so much fun. So much Watch the Throne. You should be a fixture at all tournaments.

Tommy CK - We really need to play more. I only got to play you at HOG in pools and would rather do it again some time. Also, were you the one who got two XXL Grilled Stuft Burritos or was that...

Colin (NOT BOLT) - Either way, I appreciate the company on the way to getting food. Good stuff!

AxelSlam - ****. Need you doing more commentary / entering the tournament.

Joe - Good seeing you as always. Probably gonna see you at Spencers sometime in the near future.

Alex - So fake for not entering anything. Also, stop jumping over couches.

BOOOOOOOOOOLT - Everybody at this tournament made like India and got COLINIZED. Good shizz, dude. You're getting up there in the world.

The Mother Funking CAM Factor - Obviously nothing can replace Never Gonna Give You Up Kingdom, but Pokefloats is kinda good too. You need to be on commentary all the time.

CPU (Not ChickenHorse or whatever the ****) - Good stuff, bro! Hope you come out more!

PYN - You also need to show up more.

Tommy - You the man. Good stuff in crews. I believe, however, that like Cam, you are SO MUCH BETTER when you're drunk.

Mawk & BoomRested - Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye / take advantage of your youth to get into Chuck E Cheese, but it was still good of you to show up nonetheless. This was a pretty stacked bracket, so you guys got a good taste of some seriously high-level competition yesterday.

Finally, special shoutout to Arthur:

Thanks, Arthur.

See everyone at ROM4, Grab the Coins and... SWAGG2. :)

Get *****. Gunfingers.

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
This was a pretty good tournament considering the turnout. I had a lot of fun, wish I wasn't so hung over though haha. No johns though. On a side note, I left my cube at the venue. HAB, did you happen to have an extra cube lying around (black with a black memory card)? If you did, I'll be at ROM next weekend, are you going as well?

Shoutouts to my fellow Mainers for ****** :) And everyone else I played, ggs. I'm coming to more tournaments now that I'm not working overtime so I'll see everyone around.

Banks

Smash Hero
HAB - good stuff for running this, it was a good time for sure

1: Th0rn - thanks for the splitsies bro
2: Banks - swag
3: MattDotZeb - good stuff in winners, close stuff in losers. lolmario
4: SOLAR - holy crap you did good. maine train
5: Bolt - you are a million times better than when we first played
5: Mafia - we met yet again, gg's as always
7: Jinjo - maine train swag, the marth is a beast and getting beaster
7: Swift - i thought that was a really cool set until the very end >_>
9: The CAM Factor - didn't play i don't think, but props for going shirtless in crews
9: Diesel - yo my bro, good times as per usual. the ganon stays cree
9: PYN - didn't play but nice falcon
9: Aber - gg'z, marth vs sheik is a pain in the butt but it can be done. or just go fox more
13: CPU - good games man, sheik bros 4 lyfe
13: Strawhats - didn't play but nice to see you
13: Slox - i don't think we played either, what the heck. nice seeing you
13: OPX Inferno - not sure if we've met
17: Colin - not sure if we've met
17: Mawk - ^
17: BoomRested - ^
17: CK - Yo tom aka clone king aka bowl of chili, nice to see you and get some games
17: Big Juice - not sure if we've met
17: Proskater - didn't play, but keep the tony hawk alive

if i missed anyone, it's because you didn't enter singles lol. Shoutouts to anyone who was watching the stream too. GG'z to everyone, see people at RoM 4

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
HAB - Thanks for hosting man. I'm really excited for the next one.

Th0rn - Sorry for such a disappointing set in winners. I'll do better next time! Your pressure destroyed me.

Banks - I learned mario can chaingrab sheik. I have a new goal.

SOLAR - Good stuff placing so well. Can't wait to see our set :awesome:

Bolt - You ****.

Mafia - Thanks for letting me piggyback in teams.

Jinjo - Duuuude thanks so much for driving down. I didn't thank you at the venue. Can't wait for december!

Swift - Y U NO GET FIRST

The CAM Factor - Mario'd

Diesel the Train - MM my mario? <3

PYN - Mario'd

Aber - Soon-to-be-Mario'd

CPU - Keep playin and get better!

Strawhats - You got better. WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY

Slox - Don't quit

OPX Inferno - Didn't play, didn't meet. Fix next time :D

Colin (NOT BOLT) - See above

Mawk - See above

BoomRested - See above

CK - Tommyyy. You're improving so much man keep at it.

Big Juice - See above above.

Proskater - Good seeing and playing you. I think once you get warmed up you get into a really good groove. Just keep playing more man.

bolt.

Smash Ace
1: Th0rn - It was nice to play for the first time ever. Good job as always.
2: Banks - Great work at this. Too good.
3: MattDotZeb - Nice mm! I wish we got to play at this in tournament.
4: SOLAR - Great 2nd set man. I enjoyed playing, next time we should play 134345565432 friendlies.
5: Bolt - =)
5: Mafia - yoooooooooo, you're a beast.
7: Jinjo - Good set Jinjo, I'm looking forward to playing you again.
7: Swift - WE NEED TO PLAY!!!!!
9: The CAM Factor - <3 dat doc!
9: Diesel - GGs, can't wait for the rematch.
9: PYN - YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU ****ED SLOX UP!!!!! LOL! ;)
9: Aber - Man you're getting so much better. Way to represent for us. I'm picking up shiek to give you practice... its official.
13: CPU - Yeah david! way to win a set at your first tournament!
13: Strawhats - Black sleeve =) My falcon is gonna **** you up. GRRRRRR. Good set though.
13: Slox - Get ***** by Jeff. For serious though you should have done so much better. Bridgeport had an off day.
13: OPX Inferno - Sup
17: Colin - MM for the name Colin? Lol. =)
17: Mawk - GGs it was good to have new players here. If you ever want to play send me a pm.
17: BoomRested - Yo we should have played friendlies. Oh man. Cam sucks though you'll **** him next time. =)
17: CK - YOOOOOOO aber in 1st round is rough. ughhh =( Keep putting in work though! Can't wait for the mass trip.
17: Big Juice - How big is the juice really?
17: Gary - Sup! we should have played at your house after, but cpu needed to get home and I was his ride. Soon we need to play though. See you at rom?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
17: Mawk - GGs it was good to have new players here. If you ever want to play send me a pm.
17: BoomRested - Yo we should have played friendlies. Oh man. Cam sucks though you'll **** him next time. =)
Good point, guys. Glastonbury is pretty close to New Britain, where ALOT of CT's Smash community is, and its even closer to East Hartford, so you could also try getting together with AxelSlam.

Also Colin you're mad fake for not shouting out the most important person of all.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Yo, you weren't on the results. lol =)

Thanks so much for running this HAB! It went really really well even with all the uncontrollable things that went "wrong".

On a side note, if you want help at swagg 2 I will be happy to help.

Swagg 2 hype!

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Ok so for my first tournament, this was pretty freaking awesome. Despite getting owned in almost every match, I met some great people and got advice for my puff which I'm looking forward to using the next time I see you all at a tournament. Great job HAB for organizing the whole thing, thanks to Irish mafia for the advice which was 100% accurate, and thanks to anyone I played friendlies with. Looking forward to seeing you all at another tournament, maybe Grab the Coins or some other one.
P.S. To all fox mains, a.k.a. my worst matchup, don't think I won't go for the uthrow->rest next time :) I didn't want to look like a cheap scrub haha, but apparently I need to abuse everything cheap about puff if I'm ever gonna win at these things. Boom. Rested.

:phone:

the_CAM_factor

Smash Journeyman
the ct smash ludus... or ecsu when im at school
HAB-thanks for hosting a great tourney! had a great time and gj bodying me in crews. Cant wait for the next swag! (cant wait to get blasted and commentate)

1: Th0rn - goodjob brah, ive always enjoyed watching you play.
2: Banks - lol i knew i had no chance of taking you out in crews, lets play next time though!
3: MattDotZeb - thanks for the mario experience, you and ur fat wallet.
4: SOLAR - i thought u played amazing dude, i want some freindlys next time and good job on the mic.
5: Bolt - prolly the fakest kid here.
5: Mafia - loooook at this guy, gj dude.
7: Jinjo - thanks for butchering my peach, i think our first game was the most intense game i had all day.
7: Swift - swift, dont worry about it, i know you will fsu next time.
9: The CAM Factor - i heard this kid is very attractive.
9: Diesel - diesel the train, what a beast. your hype is awesome. hopefully i keep being your favorite rapper.
9: PYN - highest ranking ct falcon scrub
9: Aber - the warlock
13: CPU - come to apex for a day!
13: Strawhats - i heard you love FoD =]
13: Slox - okay dude, can you please do some team freindlys with me? i think we need to mess up colin and alex.
13: OPX Inferno - didn't get to play ya!
17: Colin - lol gj bro, get some practice in and ill see you at the next swagg.
17: Mawk - good to see some freshblood in ct, keep trying.
17: BoomRested - You did pretty good, hit me up for some freindlys and jiggs advice. keep trying and u will be beating me in no time. i also loved that peach combo i did on you alittle bit.
17: CK - i think you made some really good decisions in the games i saw you play.
17: Big Juice - what type of juice?
17: Proskater- dude why didn't we play? also ik u will **** the next tourney, it will prolly be me.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Boomrested.......ALWAYS go for the up throw-rest
Ok I will. I've been completely avoiding it because I think it's cheap, but I need all the help I can get in that fox-jiggs matchup so yeah I'll be doing it at the next tournament.

:phone:

S l o X

Smash Champion
Singles Bracket:
1: Th0rn - i can't say you should have went falco. i might have taken all four of your stocks. ;)
2: Banks - not 5th?
3: SwagDotZeb - i'll MM your falco next time.
4: SOLAR - close money match and stuff. sorry i play sheik. (;
5: Bolt - you suck. (100$ MM whoever places higher at apex?)
5: Mafia - don't worry, rom 4 + apex is ours. also, house me for that brookline tourney.
7: Jinjo - D:
7: Swift - don't worry, i'll get my own controller before rom.
9: The CAM Factor - how about we both bring our controllers to tournaments? oh and team with me at rom.
9: Diesel the Train - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b_zT6mdN3c
9: PYN - **** you *****.
9: Aber - you suck *****.
13: CPU - good **** placing better than proskater.
13: The Blackest Steve That CT Ever Saw - pretty black imo.
13: Slox - you're amazing.
17: CK - more lasers, good full hop dair reads, more utilt when you think im gonna jump oos, etc . . .
17: Proskater - really wanted to play you.

strawhats

Smash Master
1: Th0rn - thanks for the friendlies bro
2: Banks - Dat sheik, so pure
3: MattDotZeb - fun times in crews, also mario dittos next time. :)
4: SOLAR - holy crap you put in hella work at this tournament. Good ****
5: Bolt - you are a monster <3
5: Mafia - thanks for the advice in crews and in general
7: Jinjo - dude, your marth is pretty sick whenits on point. Fun marth dittos.
7: Swift - Bring it back Tim, you got this next time
9: The CAM Factor - the shirtless hero of time, fun times at Jeff's place. **** FoD
9: Diesel - purple mountain aka magic school bus ganon.
9: PYN - good **** beating slox, also LOOK AT DA GREUTY ON THE FALCON
9: Aber - gg'z, marth dittos with you are always educational.
13: CPU - good games man,glad you made SWAGG your firs tournament and it was nice to meet you
13: Strawhats - We got this next time
13: Slox - We gotta practice for RoM and Apex
13: OPX Inferno - not sure if we've met
17: Colin - I know 2 many colins.
17: Mawk - not sure if we met
17: BoomRested - good **** man. You'll get better in no time
17: CK - Yo tom gg's and I'll hit you up on fb
17: Big Juice - what kind of juice?
17: Proskater - we'll play more next time, and you are way better than your placing.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
umm we can play if you come to my house like tuesday for a bit anthony. Yeah Im need that controller for ROM4. its too good. I can't do aerial turn arounds in the white one which is a prob.

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
1: Th0rn ($77) - Deep in that money as always. Avoiding me on League is mad fake.
2: Banks ($77) - What better place to put money than a Bank? That Boston hat is really good.
3: SwagDotZeb ($31) - **** Mario. **** you.
4: SOLAR ($18) - Really impressive stuff, Boudreau. Glad you came out of retirement strong.
5: Bolt ($8.80) - You're a genuinely nice guy, but I will annihilate you next tournament.
5: Mafia ($8.80) - Yo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZKrctSDaw is really all that needs to be said.
7: Jinjo - Marc, I'm glad you chose to drink. Drinking is fun and important.
7: Swift - Didn't play you, but I bet you're pretty... swift?
9: The CAM Factor - My favorite rapper. Good work, friend.
9: Diesel the Train - Not bad. Lift more weights next time. We can win this!
9: PYN - Mafia thought he was going to body you. He didn't. Good work being unbodyable.
9: Aber - Real impressive stuff in crews. Glad we could count on you to take out B-Rock.
13: CPU - Saw very little of your play. Sad :(
13: The Blackest Steve That CT Ever Saw - Darkness, Black Magic, EVIL MOTHA****A! All of you guys are getting so much better!
13: Slox - That Redman song is real. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME! HAW HAW HAW.
13: OPX Inferno - Didn't get to see you play. :(
17: Colin (NOT BOLT) - Didn't see you play. :(
17: Mawk - Yo, good stuff. Definitely come to Grab the Coins and the next Hall of Gaming.
17: BoomRested - Ayyyy. Get on that u-throw rest status.
17: CK - Wow. Tom. It was a rollercoaster ride but we finally did it. We finally got 3rd in teams at a 5(hundred) team tournament.
17: Big Juice - Didn't get to meet you or see you play. I like your name. It's BIIIIIIG!
17: Proskater - Joe. A true homie of Dream-Magic proportions. Next time we won't be on a jank-*** stretched TV.

HAB- My boy, HAB. Good work. You did all you could with what was given to you. Any deficiencies in this tournament are a result of people bailing or unavoidable obstacles. Don't let it get you down, dood. Looking forward to SWAGG2. Good luck uploading. It's not fun.

AND THAT'S IT FOR NOW. GET ON MY LEVEL.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Guys, I have some rather unfortunate news.

Remember that program that locked me out of the computer that had all our livestreaming stuff on it, since it basically prevents things from staying permanently installed on the harddrive once it restarts? Guess what happened between our six hours of recording and the next time I got to the computer?

Someone restarted it.

Our recordings are lost.

The only records we have are on twitch.tv.

I'm pretty effing salty right now.

Top Bottom