• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor - Smash Boards Edition!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Figured I'd PM this instead.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The final two are both great!

One is a Bowser main, which I both respect and support!

The other is Canadian and supporting my birthplace is indeed important...

WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE?! :crazy:

. . .

Oh wait! I'm not part of the Tribal Council, so I don't need to think :lol:

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
The final two are both great!

One is a Bowser main, which I both respect and support!

The other is Canadian and supporting my birthplace is indeed important...

WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE?! :crazy:

. . .

Oh wait! I'm not part of the Tribal Council, so I don't need to think :lol:
You mean I AM Bowser, right? Just look at this glistening smile. :4bowser:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
At least I got the perfect song to post now when the time comes

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Oh my God...

How long did this take?

Ok... I'm good, now. I'm excited to find out who will win it all.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
First of all: Congratulations goes to @NheroArconix !
You're officially the first member of the "Third Place Club", which is an honorable mention and definitely something to be proud about!

TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas , Y Yonder , only one of you will win won an amazing banner/avatar to place under your profile picture/username! AND become the very first sole survivor!

And for the fight towards the 1 month freemium and title of Sole Survivor (Hall of Fame coming soon!)...

We're officially at the first stage of the final 2.
Both of you will now post a speech regarding your gameplay/experience with other players and explain to the Jury why you deserve to be the next (First!) Sole Survivor. Only one of will win this, so gloves off now. Speeches will be posted on the thread.
This also calls all of the Jury to be reading these speeches, so that includes;

Spak Spak
Adonis Adonis
@LuigiMastər0

@dimensionsword64
@BI L. Lawliet
@NheroArconix

Normally, there'd be one less juror but a few complications were made so we'll rest with 5 for this season. As for clarification, 2nd place will not become a juror, but merely a Runner-up. Which is still a greater achievement! Don't feel belittled! Hopefully next season won't have as many Medical Evacuations as this one and we won't have to complicate simple things like this.

After the speeches are posted, I'll make an announcement that'll allow our Jury to ask questions to our Finalists. Questions are unlimited / person, but note that once every jury asks and each is answered, we'll move on to the vote. So if you've got any late-thought questions, be sure to alert the next juror to ask them!

We wait on your finalist speeches Yonder and TheKingOfKoopas. All the best folks!

P.S. Speeches WILL be archived for further reference in future seasons. Be smart about what you say.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Let's start this off with the mood setting song...Luigi vs Bowser style. Ready? Ready for the most epic, most fitting song ever for this clash of lifelong enemies?

Now imagine that playing throught my speech as I [Luigi] go head to head with the TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas [Bowser]

And before I start, anyone else find it funny the only two non regulars of the forums game made top two?

Now I am going to sprinkle Dragon Ball Z character comparisons throughout this speech cause why not?

Anyways...

So, first off, not bad for being kept by posting a mere 2 extra post in challenge 1 over mistervideogaming. Seriously, I was only the first eliminated and I was saved by a mere 2 extra posts because let's face it. Challenge prowess is the quintessential determinant in the preliminary stages of the game, no? And that challenge showed me as a weak link, and there I started, at the bottom.

But I made my ascent from there, with a rocky road before me. Many pebbles I have tripped over but gotten back up. Many mistake I made, remember challenge 3? I began to strategize, too much to be exact. From the beginning I thought @Unikornukopium [Sorry your name is a pain to tag I tried] was my biggest adversary, having every person in this added added basically. So I feigned an alliance with him to keep my name safe. I had no intention of keeping him long, but enough so that my apparent status on the tribe was kept intact due to my hypothetical power I perceived him having.

He was voted out in challenge 3. [I didn't vote for Uni that tribal...I think I did Zalek] Looks like he had no allies or the power I thought.. The Nappa to the Vegeta in the wings. But, this first temporary alliance played a key integral part into the game that allowed me to prosper.

But before he was voted out, I made possibly the best move in the game that got me here. By scrolling everyone's profiles, I found that KingofKoopas was the only person without anyone added in this game on my team. So naturally, I asked for an alliance. What appeared to be a standard 2 person alliance blossomed into something much greater as I will explain. Let's just say though that unbeknownst to be, the dynamic duo was born.

But then, when Uni got the trip swap item in the auction...he created the ultimate opportunity. He swapped KingofKoopas over. Now I was mortified at first because I was scared for the safety of my ally. Turns out this was the 2nd best thing that happened to me in the game, before choosing him as a partner, of course.

After the Uni saga, we transfer to the Zalek Saga. Our Vegeta of challenges. Powerful, the first challenge showed he was not to be messed with. Uni used the swap to gained him to help our tribe...which didn't help though. But his power was actually evident unlike Uni's. The tribe would not get rid of him for a while, despite my best efforts to eliminate him asap. I voted for Zalek every.Single.Tribal. Only until the 2nd before the merge did I get my way by gathering the tribe to vote him out. Finally, my first taste of power, the first decision that was mine.

Back to KingofKoopas. I thought he was a goner as soon as Melee lost a challenge. But they didn't. Koopa was safe. Better yet, he cultivated himself in the Melee tribe, gained their trust. Perfect. From Koopa, I was able to get intel on team Melee at every moment. Not only that, but no one from team Brawl talked to him prior, so he was my closest ally, exclusively. It helped me survive.

Now how good was this man on the inside? It single handily helped turn the numbers around for the tribes. Melee had an outstanding lead of members on Brawl, it almost looked hopeless. But, thanks to KingofKoopas vote, we got out Spak Spak . He was your traitor Spak, but my ally. KingofKoopas helped me eliminate every single Melee member from the inside through the game. He saved me when the Melee tribe wanted me out. I wouldn't be here without him.

We come to another essential and brave ally, the Piccolo of this game, Adonis Adonis . Swapped from Melee, he also was able to at least convince @Kitt and @BI L. Lawliet to keep me safe. But sadly, Kitt didn't help us vote for the selected members at the time. I think BI L did once, could be wrong. Poor Adonis, he decided to betray his old alliance for us and received massive flaming for it. I stuck my neck out to defend him when I could. I definitely put me on the radar, net to be eliminated. But when the hot potato challenge came by, Adonis hopped in front of the ki blast, sacrificing himself, saving me, Gohan, and became eliminated. Maybe I would have won the challenge, maybe I wouldn't have. But I thank him anyways.

Then we come to our Babidi, Kitt Geekazaru Kitt Geekazaru . Mind controlling. He began a merciless attack on me after I assisted in eliminating him. I got in my mind, I fell for it hook line and sinker. I imploded with rage, being bullied in high school and having my intellect sullied did not fly for me. A moment of weakness for me again, I had no ill will for him now. You may ask "Why did you take him off the jury?" Originally I was just going to pick at random because I didn't know anyone I rubbed the wrong way, but I set up a decoy message to ask Kitt about what he thought of me and my chances of winning. I told him to be honest. He was and said maybe, but I had no chance of winning due to being a Brawl member. Fair enough. Then he said this "Vote out BI L and you don't get my vote." So keep BI L and lose Kitt's vote or vote out BI L and lose Kitt's vote? That is why I took him out. I was never going to get it and he said it himself. My planned worked.

I also thank @NheroArconix for being a close ally in the game, and was going to sacrifice her idol for me at one point, but didn't need to. She was always so lax. Thank you for your assistance.

So, it winded down near the end, and thanks to KingofKoopas help eliminating team Melee members, Brawl became the prevailing tribe after being in the bottom the whole game! Wow!

I think I played a wonderful game. I was always thinking, always plotting. From putting in false facts about my self using the status bar to win a challenge, to weeding out Kitt's true intentions, amonsgst other accomplishments I made. I won 3, maybe 4 challenges depending on how you view this one. The most out of anyone. I did little betrayals, if any. I never voted out an alliance member. I voted Zalek every single time he was on my tribe, sticking to my core. I never voted out KingofKoopas, even at the end. I promised him finals, we got here. I came from the bottom, now I arise at the top. Even now, I fight with a crutch, being a Brawl member and going against a former Brawl/Melee member. Maybe it matters, maybe it doesn't about original tribes. We shall see. Look past the color of my name also, look to the true survivor. The sole survivor. I studied this game well, I even made a 100+k fanfic around survivor!

So I, Gohan will now take on KingofKoopas, Cell. I, Luigi will stand up to KingofKoopas, Bowser.

Let's a go.

Hyahhhhhhhh!

Last edited:

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Thank you for that wonderful, absolutely tear jerking speech, but why don't you Wander over Yonder and let me have my talk.

Coming tonight when I have access to a laptop. :4bowser:

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Well well well, now the time has come. The ultimate showdown. TheKingofKoopas v Yonder, Cell v Gohan, Bowser v Luigi, whatever you wanna call it. I prefer to use MY likeness, so Bowser v Luigi. :4bowser:

Yonder already mentioned some things I wouldn't have, so I'm going to lay ALL of my cards on the table.

I had very recently joined the forum around the time this game was being made. My friend was an active user on Smashboards, I had lurked for a while before, and I started becoming interested in the competitive Smash scene, so I made an account. As soon as I did, I made my way over to Decisive Games after seeing the word "Mafia" thinking "OH I HAVEN'T PLAYED THAT GAME IN FOREVER!" Went to the Mini Queue to join a game, when I realized people were joining this rather than a Mafia game. I figured that it seemed fun, so I went ahead and signed up, in the last spot.

Would you look at that. A newbie to the forum, not even that interested at first, managed to get the last sign up spot, and I'm here at the finals writing an essay as to why I should win. I think the stars are aligning. :4bowser:

I started to realize how competitive this game was going to get based on how people were reacting in the beginning, and how long this game was going to last, considering we'd need 15+ events to knock people out one by one. Ever since the first round, I've been strategizing how I played my cards. A lot of psychology went into this game and the way I played. For example, in a team effort, if you had to eliminate at least one person, you'd want to get rid of the weakest link, right? And if you had the chance to get rid of one of your strongest opponents, you'd take it in a heartbeat, right? That's why for the entirety of the team challenges and for the first half of the merge, I never did the best, nor did the worst. I knew that winning each challenge meant you were immune from being voted out, but the moment you ever got second on a challenge, everyone would jump the gun to get you out of the game. Simply not doing anything meant you were going to be cut off so you don't drag the rest of the team down. I never brought attention to myself, thus nobody ever felt obligated to vote me. Such a simple idea, right? Well that was hard to execute. A lot of calculating and guesswork was involved there so that I didn't overachieve and go nuts (Zalak's 700+ posts in the beginning, my god man) or fall down flat (Substitute's 6 posts). In the middle of the game, someone had said that nobody ever pays attention to me because I had never been voted even though I've always been on the losing team/never won any challenges. I replied with something along the lines of "maybe it's intentional, maybe not."

On the second round, while I busy patting myself on the back, an unexpected PM had arrived. An alliance request from Yonder. Completely ignorant to the show (I had only watched it when I was really young), I never realized how big alliances were to Survivor, or how important they were going to be in this game. I accepted the alliance regardless because, so far, he was the only one. Nobody else had asked me, and obviously I had never asked anyone else. This was probably the best thing to happen to me, because right after, Unikorn switched me onto Team Melee. Not only did I have access to Melee's team chat, I also knew what Brawl was doing through Yonder. Uni, I told you, you'd regret switching me.

Yonder had told me how he felt about the other players, and how Uni was going to be the biggest threat because of his friendship with most of the people in the game. The next round, Uni was voted out. For some reason, I thought nothing of it at the time. The next few rounds played out normally, with Yonder and I occasionally communicating and me trying my best not to get into the spotlight. The merge had already occurred, yet everyone was still using the teams as their alliances. All of Melee were gathering in the team chat so they could all decide to vote on one specific Brawl member, and supposedly so was Brawl to Melee, but they were short too many people for that to matter. One of those times, everyone had decided they were going to vote Yonder. Thinking that Team Melee was getting to powerful for its own (and my own) good, I told Yonder. He told me that Team Brawl voted on Spak, so I simply joined in with them.

Yes, Spak, I was your traitor.

All of the votes together should've added up to Yonder still being voted off or matched up in a tie, I forgot which it was. Supposedly, another person on Team Brawl had also voted Spak, as that round, Spak was voted off the island rather than Yonder. I'm not sure who it was, but I found it fishy nonetheless. Team Melee was in shambles. Nobody trusted each other, and nobody used the team chat anymore. Admittedly, the chaos that ensued simply because of something I caused felt great. :4bowser:

That same round, alliances were already starting to turn on each other. Y'know, the whole "Black Ice" situation where Adonis, Lawliet, and Yonder got called out for voting out Kitt, and then eventually Nhero got called out too? Yeah, that was the big turning point. I stopped trusting Yonder, especially after he mentioned the fake alliance he had with Uni. He had an alliance with everybody.

I kept up the act, though, but only because this was still the only alliance I've had the entire game (if you don't count the team alliances that I royally screwed over). The rounds kept going until there were only five people in the game left. Me, Yonder, Nhero, Dimension, and Lawliet. I was still iffy on the alliance, but I kept it. Eventually, Dimension got voted off, and Yonder kept his word; we made it to the final three.

Unsure of what the next challenge was going to be, I was pretty anxious about it. I ended up beating Nhero in a game of Smash Bros (nice :4myfriends: btw), and here I am now. Even though I had to go against Yonder and Nhero, I'd say I'm still doing pretty well.

In conclusion: I came up with a good strategy at the beginning, I stuck through with it, and pretty much any "backstabbing" I did was to help my alliance. I believe I deserve to win simply because of these factors.

GWAHAHAHA!
YOU REALLY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO END IT LIKE THAT?

Remember when he wanted to guarantee the spot in final three with his two allies?

That's when I made a new one. I talked with Dimension and Lawliet about what the "allies" were doing, all of the antics Yonder was pulling, and how we should try our best that round to make sure one of them gets knocked out. I didn't want to be stuck with the other two in the finals. Yonder was way too good for his own good.

I thought I was going to win. I thought the plan was going to work. I was going to strike Yonder when he was least expecting it, he was going to be voted out, then Nhero, and then I was golden! I would shoot straight past Dimension and Lawliet and become the winner!

Until the game screwed me over.

The voting wasn't in our power that round. It was in the eliminateds' hands. And they voted out Dimension instead. There was nothing left for me to do then but follow through with Yonder's plans and go into the final three with them.

I SAVED YONDER'S BUTT MULTIPLE TIMES, AND THE ONE TIME I GO AGAINST HIM, HE GETS LUCKY!

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY I SHOULD WIN? BECAUSE OF MY TENACITY! BECAUSE OF MY ENDURANCE! MY WILL, MY BRAINS, AND MY SKILL FOR THIS GAME!

LET THE VILLAIN WIN FOR ONCE!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't regret the switch, Koopa!

Knowing that my small action did such a huge impact just make it even more worth it...

You two gave us one heck of a show while staying under the shadows and honestly, I think Yonder's the bad guy in this game...

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I don't regret the switch, Koopa!

Knowing that my small action did such a huge impact just make it even more worth it...

You two gave us one heck of a show while staying under the shadows and honestly, I think Yonder's the bad guy in this game...
Oh? I betrayed no one technically, not once. I didn't even vote for you the round you were eliminated. I was the only person who didn't. And I saved Koopa multiple times too, I told everyone to never vote for him. We both carried the burden at times, Koopa.

And yet Koopa betrayed his whole Melee team, how am I the bad guy? Yeah the alliance I made with you was false, but you had too much hypothetical power cfor your own good. And again, never voted for ya. Even my temporary alliance was in hindsight, hypothetical.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
And I was always straight up with my intentions. Go for it, find one time I straight up lied to someone (not including the facts challenge for pure strategy)

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Me? Powerful? :laugh:

I'm basically a fan, Yonder; I make nothing but wind!
Like on Tengaged, lots of added friends equals lots of perceived power. Not like there was any other way to judge it so...keep on blowing wind, I guess lol

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Oh? I betrayed no one technically, not once. I didn't even vote for you the round you were eliminated. I was the only person who didn't. And I saved Koopa multiple times too, I told everyone to never vote for him. We both carried the burden at times, Koopa.

And yet Koopa betrayed his whole Melee team, how am I the bad guy? Yeah the alliance I made with you was false, but you had too much hypothetical power cfor your own good. And again, never voted for ya. Even my temporary alliance was in hindsight, hypothetical.
Anyone can exaggerate, green 'stache. If you wanna be technical, I only betrayed Spak to keep you in, and if you betrayed no one because you didn't get the chance to, then I never betrayed you either.

And why is he the bad guy? I'm the bad guy in these parts! :bowser:

who will win... the pesky plumber... or the glorious king koopa?
Oh look, it's the brother! And he's calling me glorious! :4bowser:

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
Man Yonder, without you tagging me I would have never seen this post and that it was time to convince the other members of the jury.
Yonder is a lying snake who cheated and bullied his way to the top. Even after I was eliminated (I will admit, I was salty), he went after me once because I wanted my friend to win (which I hope is what you meant by "weeding out Kitt's true intentions") and he reported me to moderators for something that had happened days before and no one cared about.
But sadly, Kitt didn't help us vote for the selected members at the time. I think BI L did once, could be wrong.

I had a vote with your name on it that I changed because we had an alliance through adonis. LIES. Does a person like you deserve to win? No. Even as much as King would like to be the villain, Yonder was the snake the whole time, and it's in your hands to stop the person who's already a mod from getting something they don't even need.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Man Yonder, without you tagging me I would have never seen this post and that it was time to convince the other members of the jury.
Yonder is a lying snake who cheated and bullied his way to the top. Even after I was eliminated (I will admit, I was salty), he went after me once because I wanted my friend to win (which I hope is what you meant by "weeding out Kitt's true intentions") and he reported me to moderators for something that had happened days before and no one cared about.

I had a vote with your name on it that I changed because we had an alliance through adonis. LIES. Does a person like you deserve to win? No. Even as much as King would like to be the villain, Yonder was the snake the whole time, and it's in your hands to stop the person who's already a mod from getting something they don't even need.
I will apologize for saying you never helped vote because I don't know how everyone votes. I reported you because I was angered by you for " attacking me for no reason" as you said in one post.

But the rest I think you're just acting malicious/ salty for me voting out Bi L and I will not continue this matter. Looks like my choice to take you off the jury was well worth it if you still hold such distain towards me.

And I don't care about premium...I want the picture

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wait, I'm not the vil-... *AHEM* I'M NOT THE VILLAIN?
Does ANYONE else got any secrets to spill as to Yonder's evil deeds?
Meh, I just gain unwarrented labels for whatever reason. I can gladly explain anyone presented, except for Kitt who I'm not going to get this place banned for blowing my top at. I've matured past it.

But if everyone requests I be the villain...it would be fun to dethrone the King of evil, right?

*Dons black suit and mask* have at you! I am Mr. L!

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
I will apologize for saying you never helped vote because I don't know how everyone votes. I reported you because I was angered by you for " attacking me for no reason" as you said in one post.

But the rest I think you're just acting malicious/ salty for me voting out Bi L and I will not continue this matter. Looks like my choice to take you off the jury was well worth it if you still hold such distain towards me.

And I don't care about premium...I want the picture
Seems fair to report simply out of malice.
Also, when you took me off the jury, I stopped following the thread. By logic I knew L was out, but with you taking me off the jury, that was predictable anyway. My acting malicious/salty is because you took advantage of Adonis and, through him, me, in order to win, and you continue to claim that you did things yourself.
It's nice that you want the picture, but Koopa would get more usage of the prizes, given premium is in the mix.

...and thanks for that apology. It does mean something. Even still, I'd rather have King win, which is why I'm campaigning against you. Surely you'd understand, given you caused me to get voted off, took my work as your own (even if you and adonis still refuse to admit it), and kicked me off of the jury after I actually thought we could put all of this past us.

There are going to be more versions of Survivor on Smashboards Kursed Kursed , right? I honestly hope by then we can put this in the past, where it belongs.

Now, unless someone says something to continue this conversation with no point to it, I'd really just like to see who wins so we can get another game started. (So if someone could tag me for these important posts that'd be great)

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
I don't remember if double posting is a thing here, but it'll probably be okay (see: spamming challenges)
Why are you guys awake at 4:20 and 3:36? What time zones are you in that make that remotely reasonable?

Top Bottom