• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Marcus said that b/c of her actions in the game, such as flipping to take herself further in the game (it's obvious this is what he was bitter about). Ken was bitter about Bob claiming to be a man of his words when he wasn't.
It's VERY different.
Im not going to argue with you anymore. It's not like you're going to stop denying it and you don't even have a serious opinion to begin with.
EDIT: I just realized you're a troll, rofl. I feel stupid now :laugh:

infomon

Smash Scientist
"Suzie didn't deserve votes": but there's no stipulation that votes are given to those "most deserving" in the game. They could vote based on sexiness if they want to (and Bob still woulda won :laugh:). The point is, Sugar was quite aware that she was throwing away jury votes with many of her choices; indeed ones which helped her get to the F3. So I can't say that Sugar deserved any jury votes, although IMO she did play an excellent game.

Suzie wasn't given a lot of editing time, but I think she did quite alright for herself. She intentionally stayed under-the-radar and tried not to piss anyone off, she won some key immunity challenges, she flipflopped on alliances which gave her power that totally upset the balance of the game. But most importantly, she made it to F3 and convinced the jurors to give her 3 votes. If she did that, how can you say she didn't deserve them?

I guess the problem is that there's a huuuuge luck component in BrawlSurvivor, and Suzie really benefit from it. Oh well, so did Sugar tbh.

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
Ken was just too bitter in the questioning. I have respect for the game he played and I would not have minded him winning, at all, but at the final Tribal, he was just so bitter at Bob.

He'd already tried to paint bob as some kind of evil man of no honor at his own losing Tribal, to his own detriment. Yeah, don't dig up dirt on people if they have better dirt to counter with ("O RLY? You were gonna vote me out as soon as you'd weaseled Immunity from me!").

Then, at the final questioning, he was all: "That was not what I wanted to hear from you!". Like what, you want him to say "I'm sorry, Almighty Ken, for 'betraying' you!"? Ken tried to guilt Bob into giving him immunity. It's all good. Bob almost gave him immunity, that was also all good, despite Bob being a big sop if he'd actually gone through with he (he would have, IMO).

But then Ken tried to take it a step further by exploiting that to try to blindside Bob. At this point, Bob was fully justified to "go back on his word". If you know that if you help someone, that one someone will use that to kill you, would it not be justified to not help them? I mean, where's the sleaze here? Sometimes, it's fully OK to not keep a promise. It seemed as if Ken had already made up his mind and just wanted to make Bob look like a bad guy to wrestle more votes away from him.

Susie only got 3 votes because of bitterness. Ken's bitterness rubbed off on Crystal, no doubt, so they were never ever going to vote for Sugar and Bob, thus, 2 votes to Susie. Matty was bitter, kinda in his own right, for Sugar helping Bob get a final chance at the million and I guess he was bitter at Bob for winning against him, so there went another vote for Susie.

This, or, Ken's indecisiveness might indicate he actually voted for Bob or something. I don't know how Randy voted. He liked none of the people in the Final 3, so either he voted for Bob or Ken did. If Ken did, then I commend him (and I'm also WTF:ed). If Randy did, then he cast the deciding vote, and that's scary in itself.

I just think that Susie so didn't deserve to almost win 1 mill by just 1 vote. Sugar deserved at least one vote. She played a weird game, but, at least she played it. Susie did almost nothing. All she really did was flip and inadvertently bring down the entire Onion Alliance. She didn't really play the game (much), was didn't do much in challenges except for individual immunity challenges and she didn't really do much around camp from what I saw.

Classic coat-tail rider, which is fine. But 3 out of 7 votes? Come on!

People whine about the Onion Alliance being bitter, but come on! Ken, Crystal and Matty voting for Susie?! That's bitterness right there. Sugar deserved some of that, no doubt. Say what you want about Sugar, but she was way better than Susie!

You criticize Marcus for this, yet nothing Ken's way? None of that super-bias showing, no siree!

The same thing can be said about Ken.

What the hell? Him criticizing Susie might have been a bit off, but he threw stuff in there himself here. He'd also lost a family member. They had something in common. He asked her a legit question about if she was going to use any of that 1 mill to honor her dad. It's a perfectly legit question.

Was Ken the deciding vote to give Bob the victory? If so, good show. I was still totally disappointed in his bitterness there. You played the game, Bob decided to play it against you, too. Why the bitterness?
Anyone else feel like Yuna is part of the Onion Alliance or something?

Anyway, Susie did play the game, no matter how gullible you are to the editing of the show. You know how Bob mentioned that part of his game was that he tried to remain "necessary"? That was Susie. Her vote mattered every single TC. It doesn't hurt that she was the second winningest challenge player this season either. Riding on coattails is a legitimate strategy, even if it doesn't warrant the respect that it deserves.

So, no, Bob didn't play the game any more than Susie did, even if I do like the guy a lot.

By the way, disproportionally criticizing Ken doesn't make you any cooler than the other people disproportionally criticizing anyone else. I mean, it's very pot, kettle, black the way you're calling people out here on the forums.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Marcus said that b/c of her actions in the game, such as flipping to take herself further in the game (it's obvious this is what he was bitter about). Ken was bitter about Bob claiming to be a man of his words when he wasn't.
It's VERY different.
Im not going to argue with you anymore. It's not like you're going to stop denying it and you don't even have a serious opinion to begin with.
EDIT: I just realized you're a troll, rofl. I feel stupid now :laugh:
But.... don't you guys know each other? I mean, you're both swedish, don't you go to tourneys together? How could it take you this long to realize that Yuna argues with everything and everyone just for the sake of arguing?

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
This show teaches me one thing and one thing only: you can't win against the tyranny(stupidity and incompetence) of the mass.
Ken receives about over 90% of general gamers' vote...I presume. But in the end, he is not even close to that 100k. It demonstrate three things: 1) Young people don't vote 2)gamers are the extreme minority 3)don't participate any activity around Sugar.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
But.... don't you guys know each other? I mean, you're both swedish, don't you go to tourneys together? How could it take you this long to realize that Yuna argues with everything and everyone just for the sake of arguing?
No, because I am currently a hermit because I am (long-term) sick.
I should've known better, though.... After all, the swedish version of "no johns" is named after him

That was off-topic... now, on topic:
Was I the only one who rooted for Suzie just because of the sheer hilariousness of her winning? (if she would've won)
In all honesty though, I sort of think Sugar deserved it because she was the only one in the F3 who really made major strategic moves. What she based her decisions on where..... questionable to say at the least, but atleast she did something during the game.

btw, who was the least bitter jury-member? It's either Ken or Crystal, I mean they admit losing and getting outplayed. Watching Ken say "they sure got me!" was the most refreshing thing ever and made me love him even more.
But I think Crystal takes it.... Ken was bitter, he was bitter at the f3 for not admitting they screwed him over just to play the game (according to interviews this is what he wanted out of it). Also he said that the game was alot about luck in the red carpet interview. >.>
They're all bitter for not voting Sugar.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
Well, it was fun sharing gabon with all of you here on swf! too bad ken didn't win, but life goes on. Hope you enjoyed my smash-survivor anecdotes!

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Yuna, if you listen to any of the ken interviews, you will find that Ken didn't care that he didn't get the necklace. Ken didn't think he would get it in the first place. Ken had concerns even during the show. All Ken wanted was Bob to say, "Yes, I never would have given you the necklace. It was a strategic move and I played you." Bob would have then gotten his vote. All Ken wanted from Sugar was, "Yes Ken, I played the game. I used you as long as you were useful and then decided to get rid of you." Didn't anyone wonder why she didn't even get Ken's vote for here mushy statement for how she broke his heart. Ken didn't want to hear that. He wanted to know he was beat by a legitimate competitor who did better than him. Neither Sugar or Bob were willing to admit that. So Susie got his vote.

Susie didn't make any unnecessary moves. She did what she had to. Sugar and Ken made unnecessary moves which put them in bad positions. Ken bringing about his downfall and Sugar making it to the final three and then not getting a single vote. Riding coattails and playing under the radar is a legitimate strategy. It was better than Sugar's strategy at least Susie also came up big when it counted; Ousting Marcus, winning first and last immunity challenge, and having better answers at final tribal.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marcus said that b/c of her actions in the game, such as flipping to take herself further in the game (it's obvious this is what he was bitter about).
They were both criticizing the others for not keeping their promises.

Ken was bitter about Bob claiming to be a man of his words when he wasn't.
Bob had a perfectly good reason not to keep that word. If Ken had thought about it, he'd know that.

Anyway, Susie did play the game, no matter how gullible you are to the editing of the show. You know how Bob mentioned that part of his game was that he tried to remain "necessary"? That was Susie. Her vote mattered every single TC. It doesn't hurt that she was the second winningest challenge player this season either. Riding on coattails is a legitimate strategy, even if it doesn't warrant the respect that it deserves.
Susie played a very subdued game. My point is that the game she played got her top Final 3, sure. There is nothing wrong with that. But getting her 3 out of 4 votes? That was just weird (well, not so weird considering the circumstances).

She was pretty much a wall-flower for quite a while there and did very little to stand out. She won two immunity challenges, but I don't think anyone's ever won Survivor based on how many of those they won, but other than that, she was pretty anonymous.

Her vote counted a lot of the time and she got to cast the deciding vote several times, but that's not really reason enough to win 1 mill either. I'm sure she's a good person and that she played an OK game. Just not, IMO, a game worth 1 mill.

So, no, Bob didn't play the game any more than Susie did, even if I do like the guy a lot.
I never said this. Bob's game was much different. The Onion Alliance (Randy was not a part of that original Onion) was going to Bob, we knew this. In fact, I said this this already before the Final Tribal. My point is that there were 4 (kinda) free agents left. And in the choice between Susie and Sugar, I feel that Susie only got 3 out of those votes due to pure bitterness and not because of the game she played.

By the way, disproportionally criticizing Ken doesn't make you any cooler than the other people disproportionally criticizing anyone else.
I'm not disproportionally criticizing Ken at all. I'm bringing in some much needed Ken criticism into this thread since it's almost non-existent.

Notice how I let a lot of criticism of others stand. I would never argue against Corinne being a ***** at Final Tribal, for instance. I would never argue against Randy being a troll, etc., etc., etc. But the people in this thread just let so much of the stuff Ken does slide while jumping on every little thing anyone else does, I feel like I have to step in and bring in some perspective.

Maybe the things people think were bad (when committed by people other than Ken) wasn't really that bad when you think about it. And maybe Ken's done more "bad" things than the people in this thread are willing to admit.

If this thread had been a thread full of criticism going all ways, including Ken's, I wouldn't have to step in and say "What about when Ken did this?" all the time.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
BTW, Mike Haggar, you don't even know why it's called "No Yunas". I don't really even know, but I think Helios started it. Helios doesn't like me much. We've never liked each other.

Anyway, people who actually play me knows that my "Yunas" aren't even "Johns". I readily admit that my results are inconsistent and that I very often just plays randomly badly. My "Johns" are admitting to my weaknesses. My "Johns" are saying, after a failure of a set, "Wow. I played really badly there." and which people will respond "No Yuna's" as if it means anything. I never claim to have lost due to outside interference except for when it's readily obvious (like super-laggy TVs or a lack of sleep) and that happens were rarely. When I "complain", it's about how my inability to play better at the time.

Wow, what a horrible person I am, to have that much insight into my own limits!

I'm inconsistent, I play badly sometimes. I play worse the longer a tournament goes on. I readily admit this. It's not Johning, it knowing your weaknesses and owning up to them.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
You know what I still don't understand?

BAWWWWWWWWWWW ONE'S LIKE A BROTHER AND ONE'S LIKE A DAD BAWWWWW

How about you sacrifice yourself and let Matty and Bob go to the finals? I mean, do you seriously think that you will get more votes from the jury then Bob? You even admitted yourself that it's not a strategic move to have Bob going to the finals, but "he deserves it"or whatever.

Then, you make the final three, and make an idiot of yourself to the jury. If I was Matty I'd be thinking "WTF are you doing I could have had a legitimate chance of winning the million, meanwhile you're up here making a fool out of yourself. You're not even trying to make the judges like you."

Also, most of the girls were hot this year. I'm not sure how people don't think Michelle from the reunion show and Corinne are attractive. Meh. Whatever floats your boat.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I sorta got the impression that Suzie/Bob/Sugar basically considered the game "over" when the Jury was asking them questions, like they weren't thinking strategy at all at that point but were just answering as plainly as if it was the reunion and nothing mattered.

But then, I also got the impression that none of them really cared about the outcome anyway....... or maybe it's just that none of them really had much mindgamey, lying/manipulative strategy, ever. Which is fine, just kinda.... lol, for a game like Survivor.

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
Whether or not Susie's "subdued" game is worthy of a million dollars is up to opinion though. I think that's the only way that she could've made it to the Final 3 and that's why I think she deserves some respect for the game she played. She played the best game possible for her and that's why she deserves the votes. It's not weird. If "nothing is wrong with that", why do you feel she doesn't deserve the million?

We like Ken for the opposite reasons that you dislike Susie.

And by the way, I hope you watched a couple of the Survivor: Ponderosa videos online. They illustrate pretty clearly how Marcus & Corrine are terrible people.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
But the people in this thread just let so much of the stuff Ken does slide while jumping on every little thing anyone else does, I feel like I have to step in and bring in some perspective.

If this thread had been a thread full of criticism going all ways, including Ken's, I wouldn't have to step in and say "What about when Ken did this?" all the time.
Who died and made you the 'Ken is on Survivor' Thread-Police? Or is it self-appointed? How noble of you. >_>
You're blatantly trolling.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know what I still don't understand?

BAWWWWWWWWWWW ONE'S LIKE A BROTHER AND ONE'S LIKE A DAD BAWWWWW

How about you sacrifice yourself and let Matty and Bob go to the finals? I mean, do you seriously think that you will get more votes from the jury then Bob? You even admitted yourself that it's not a strategic move to have Bob going to the finals, but "he deserves it"or whatever.
This is actually true. But she had a right to want to make it to the Final 3. It was a matter of having made it that far to her, I think.

Then, you make the final three, and make an idiot of yourself to the jury. If I was Matty I'd be thinking "WTF are you doing I could have had a legitimate chance of winning the million, meanwhile you're up here making a fool out of yourself. You're not even trying to make the judges like you."
Only Matty would not have had a legitimate chance at winning the million. Ken and Crystal were mad at him. So it'd be Ken, Crystal for Susie, the Onion Alliance for Bob and Sugar for Matty. Assuming Randy's vote still went to Bob, Bob would've won. If it went to Matty, Bob would still have won.

Then we have if Ken and Crystal had gone for Matty. Then it'd still be 4-3 for Bob. Matty would've stood a legitimate chance of making it to #2, not #1.

Also, most of the girls were hot this year. I'm not sure how people don't think Michelle from the reunion show and Corinne are attractive. Meh. Whatever floats your boat.[/quote]

I sorta got the impression that Suzie/Bob/Sugar basically considered the game "over" when the Jury was asking them questions, like they weren't thinking strategy at all at that point but were just answering as plainly as if it was the reunion and nothing mattered.

But then, I also got the impression that none of them really cared about the outcome anyway....... or maybe it's just that none of them really had much mindgamey, lying/manipulative strategy, ever. Which is fine, just kinda.... lol, for a game like Survivor.
As you said, they're just good at lying and manipulating. That or they just don't want to. It's just not something they do and/or are very good at.

Besides, what could they really lie about that would've made their chances any better (if you look at the questions that were given to them)?

Whether or not Susie's "subdued" game is worthy of a million dollars is up to opinion though.
Of course. I believe I used the term "IMO". If not, then it's still clear that it's just my opinion.

I think that's the only way that she could've made it to the Final 3 and that's why I think she deserves some respect for the game she played. She played the best game possible for her and that's why she deserves the votes. It's not weird. If "nothing is wrong with that", why do you feel she doesn't deserve the million?
I just feel like Sugar deserved it more based on the game she played. Susie's game was almost no game at all. She played the game of not doing much. At the very least vote for Bob over her if you're gonna for the "subdued" player.

Bob was also subdued and did very little to stand out at the beginning (they both kinda picked it up by the end), only he did other things, too. Susie was just... there. You almost forgot about her sometimes.

We like Ken for the opposite reasons that you dislike Susie.
I like the way Ken played the game. I've said this many times. Ken played a good and interesting game that made the season interesting.

And by the way, I hope you watched a couple of the Survivor: Ponderosa videos online. They illustrate pretty clearly how Marcus & Corrine are terrible people.
Not yet. I might later today.

At least Charlie's still a great guy, right?

Who died and made you the 'Ken is on Survivor' Thread-Police? Or is it self-appointed? How noble of you. >_>
You're blatantly trolling.
Who died and gave you the right to question my right to bring in some objectivity or at least outside perspective into this thread? Of course, what do I know. Maybe everyone just wanted a thread where they can gush about every single thing Ken does and spew hatred over every little thing anyone else does, whether or not it has any effect on Ken whatsoever.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
"objectivity" and "outside perspective" huh?
Why do you continue to lump every single person who posts in this thread (except for you) together in some ignorant, ken-worshipping heap?

I could go back over the past 200 pages to multiquote you the enormous amount of times people have criticized Ken but you're not worth the effort.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Ken put in an application, I believe. They showed it during the recap episode. He brags about his tournament winnings.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
"objectivity" and "outside perspective" huh?
Why do you continue to lump every single person who posts in this thread (except for you) together in some ignorant, ken-worshipping heap?
No. I have never done that. But you cannot deny that the things I say run high in this thread have indeed run high.

I never ever said everyone in this thead did it. I merely said "many".

I could go back over the past 200 pages to multiquote you the enormous amount of times people have criticized Ken but you're not worth the effort.
The amount of people who criticized Ken, especially at the end, were far dwarfed by those who did not, who either ignored the "bad" stuff he did or who just worshipped the ground he walked on.

Also, I have not been a part of this thread for the entirety for the past 200 pages. I was a part of it at the very beginning and then I lost interest for a while (I kept watching, though) and only came back last week.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Guys, leave Yuna alone. Some of you are just being trolls. He's legitimately talking about Survivor and offering his own opinions. Aside from yourselves, wanna see some other trolls? A few pages back there was some guy yelling at people for not liking Ken in the game because we all have something "in common" with him because we play Smash.

Anywho,

As you said, they're just good at lying and manipulating. That or they just don't want to. It's just not something they do and/or are very good at.

Besides, what could they really lie about that would've made their chances any better (if you look at the questions that were given to them)?
I also felt like the Final 3 seemed worn out and forgot that the game was still on at the end. Sugar said some dumb things to Ken, Matty, and Randy at the end. She shouldn't have gotten all emotional to Ken, that's not what he wanted. Matty didn't want to hear about Ken at the end, he wanted to know why he got backstabbed. Randy might have even considered Sugar if she wasn't a jerk right back at the end. Sugar could've said the right things to them to earn their votes. She didn't have to really mean it. I think that she caused people to vote for Suzie or Bob just out of bitterness, and I think she could've prevented it, you know?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Who died and gave you the right to question my right to bring in some objectivity or at least outside perspective into this thread?
this literally made me lmfao :laugh:. wow you sure are cool and rebellious, coming here with "some objectivity and outside perspective" LOL
i guess this explains why you're defending mar****... you can relate to his high and mighty attitude :bee:

billygoten

Smash Rookie
New to the thread, so I'm volumes behind on the discussion, which is why I'm not quoting.

Survivor's my guilty pleasure because I love the strategy while hating reality TV. I actually didn't know Ken played Smash until he said it (although once he said it, I realized he looked it, heh).

Does anyone know if he plays Brawl nowadays? I find it to be a diluted experience. More details, but this is about Survivor.

You can make a case for everyone "deserving" to be in the final three, to some degree, including Matty and Ken, based on their strategies and how they played the game. What confused me is how not one of the three that were up there took that angle at all. In Survivor, sometimes people are bitter and hold grudges (seemed to be a lot of that here) and other times, people put the back-stabbin' behind them and give someone a vote because it's a game and they can respect how someone else played it if they remind everyone of the good moves they made.

Like with Susie. She didn't orchestrate anything, she wasn't proactive, so sure she went with the flow, but one of the best plays of the game was when they came to her and told her that she would make it to the end with only her alliance left and she'd be the first to go (which was almost assuredly going to be the case) and she realized it was true and flipped. I've seen people present the same argument and they didn't listen, and sure enough, barring someone flipping out and making everyone hate them, they get voted out just like that. She may not have ended up in a much better situation in the new final 5, but it was a better one in multiple ways and it enabled her to get to 4 and at that point, whether she won or not, the best strategic move would have been to get rid of Bob unless he won, putting her in final three where she could remind everyone that she made a table turning decision that got her further. But she didn't mention it at all.

I don't really think Sugar deserves it more based on her game. Sugar was more proactive, but only in that when there was a power vacuum, she filled it. I like Sugar, but she was in between sides for a lot of the game, and it's easy to make it seem like you're doing a lot when you're just a free agent swing vote. Her wanting to keep Bob in the final three, cutting Crystal for Matty, and her answers at the end (to me) show that she wasn't thinking things through, gamewise. I respect her knowing that Corrine was a lying .... something..., but who wouldn't know that? I respect her for seeing that Ace was using her, but I think she did something about it too early. He would have carried her further than that. One thing I should note is that the idol play for Matty may have been a good move by cutting off Ken's numbers, but only if there was a good chance of Crystal + Ken + Susie voting out Sugar over Bob and I see Susie going before Sugar if Bob's immune.

Matty was a second-Sugar in a lot of ways, with a sprinkling of Bob. I like him, but I question some of the decisions.

I wasn't always on Ken's side - I like underdogs and although I liked him for being a gamer, I didn't like it when he got cocky. I didn't like the angle he took when his contingency inside vote backfired. I liked the rest of his game a lot. For some reason, I imagine that if Ken was up there in the final 3 that he would be talking about how he played the game and what strategic moves he made instead of "I played a game of me". Overall, I think he played the best game, especially of those 5. He had most of the best moves that had strategy behind them, other than Susie's which I think might have been the best.

Bob was alright, I suppose. You can't help but like the guy, which is normally a HUGE disadvantage late game, but Sugar and Matty didn't seem to care that he was going to win if he made it to the final 3. I don't view that to the merit of his game though, as much as the detriment of the other two. He really didn't do much other than stay alive when his alliance crumbled. That's worthy of respect, but I'm not sure if it was due to much anything else other than just being a great person.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Only Matty would not have had a legitimate chance at winning the million. Ken and Crystal were mad at him. So it'd be Ken, Crystal for Susie, the Onion Alliance for Bob and Sugar for Matty. Assuming Randy's vote still went to Bob, Bob would've won. If it went to Matty, Bob would still have won.

Then we have if Ken and Crystal had gone for Matty. Then it'd still be 4-3 for Bob. Matty would've stood a legitimate chance of making it to #2, not #1.
yes, if bob and matty were both in the same finale, matty would not have won.

i think this is a dumb argument to make anyway, because it was obvious that sugar was going to manipulate the f3 into the way she saw fit, which was her, immunity winner, and whoever she felt was "more deserving". therefore both sugar and susie were locks to the f3 as soon as susie won final immunity (who, had anyone else won the challenge, would have easily been voted out). Matty and Bob were the only two possible winners once Ken was voted out, who needed both Matty AND Bob to be eliminated to even stand a chance.

I thought it was rotten of Sugar to pretty much say that Bob is more deserving than Matty...Matty played a solid game. And come on, you'd think that the fact that Matty is now ENGAGED would have given Sugar enough reason to let him make the top 3. :\

also lol at bob somehow sucking at card house building. i was so sure he would win that...

also anyone else feel a real PANG in their heart when ken said sugar broke his heart, and when sugar told matty that the most evil thing she did was break ken's heart? :(

made me sad and go "aww...:("

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
@billygoten
In regards to your last statement, i think you're totally right. This season alot of "good guys and bad guys" and "deserving to win" was shoved down our throats with very little strategy, and sugar really epitomizes this.
The fact that people like her irritaets me since alot of that is just because shes hot, despite the fact she played a terrible game and was incredibly hypocritical and annoying at times.

Really I don't think bob was that great, sure he was nice and he dominated the challenges, but he didn't do anything on his own, riding sugars ridiculous strategies into the finals and only winning because his opponents were terrible (he did pretty badly at the final tribal) although i think susie did an okay job at the final tribal considering her standing in the game, and bobs. Bob also annoyed me because he seemed kinda emotionless, hardly speaking when he won $1,100000..but also he said the same kind of things alot. on the same note i really like corinne and sorta randy for the exact opposite reason

I really think Ken deserved to go further, though i dont really have many complaints since he went way further than most people thought he would, but when compared to everyone else, his strategy was actually somewhat coherent and he was thinking for himself.

edit: lol steeler
i was thinking before the finale that ken needed to pull in susie and then convince sugar she couldn't win against matty or bob but it quickly became clear she wouldn't flip, god she's stupid

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Sugar played a better game then anyone else in the f3, lol
or well, she played a good game in the way that she made major, game-breaking moves....
but on the other hand she wasn't even trying to win herself, so idk what to say :|

Anyway, I think we should talk about how much of a massive failure Corrine is.
First she hypes herself up as a fierce ***** that is never afraid to speak her mind and always speaks her mind.
In the show, she doesn't do anything remotely fierce, in your face, and/or *****y. She just talks thrash behind peoples backs and in confessionals like a wuss.
Then, to try to live up to her failed ***** persona she goes waaay of limits and makes fun of Sugar's fathers death. That's not dry/sarcastic/cynic humor. That can't be funny now matter how you put it. That's horrible.
And THEN at the reunion, she says she just had a lot of anger and she exaggerated. WTF? :|
Biggest fail ever?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I don't know, I think Ken, Crystal, Sugar and possibly Randy voting for Matty would be feasible. Matty was on much better terms with Randy than Bob was. If you check Matty's Ponderosa clip, he seemed to be ok with Ken and Crystal and vice versa in the end.

I want to go on this show now, but losing 20lbs would suck, i'm already thin.

Man, if only Ken had voted Corrine instead of Matty, and they had voted out Bob instead of Randy like Matty/myself called.

Sugar did not play well, for herself at least. She had 0% chance of winning the million. I also don't see her as a good guy at all.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Ken played the best game, IMO, but made errors in every one of the last 3 episodes. He should have especially done more to convince Susie and Sugar to vote Matty off.

Who won the $100,000? I stopped caring after Ken was voted off.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
Sugar played a better game then anyone else in the f3, lol
or well, she played a good game in the way that she made major, game-breaking moves....
but on the other hand she wasn't even trying to win herself, so idk what to say :|
she played a terrible game any way you look at it, and the fact she got 0 votes and was hated by almost everyone goes to prove this.
she did lie to a few people and convince them, but she was incredibly transparent and it was mostly their fault for believing it
I mean, she flipped every time someone approached her and asked her to =/
edit: above post is right, he did screw himself over tbh
also bob won the 100,000 e_e

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Anyway, I think we should talk about how much of a massive failure Corrine is.
First she hypes herself up as a fierce ***** that is never afraid to speak her mind and always speaks her mind.
In the show, she doesn't do anything remotely fierce, in your face, and/or *****y. She just talks thrash behind peoples backs and in confessionals like a wuss.
Then, to try to live up to her failed ***** persona she goes waaay of limits and makes fun of Sugar's fathers death. That's not dry/sarcastic/cynic humor. That can't be funny now matter how you put it. That's horrible.
And THEN at the reunion, she says she just had a lot of anger and she exaggerated. WTF? :|
Biggest fail ever?
The worst part is, I don't think she ever apologized to Sugar about it, nor would she ever want to. Based on the personality she's trying to portray, it'd probably mess up her "character". She's terribly fake; I don't think she's been through anything in her life that would cause her to be that way other than pure vanity. At least in Randy's case, it seems like something happened to him. And he's not even that bad. Corinne just wants attention and approval from others apparently, and it's disgusting how low she'll go.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
The fact that Sugar wasn't playing to WIN, but playing for 3rd place, kind of invalidates her being a good player, since the point of playing is.... to win.
Or maybe she really did think keeping Bob & Matty around would give her a better chance to win? She couldn't really have thought that could she??

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The worst part is, I don't think she ever apologized to Sugar about it, nor would she ever want to. Based on the personality she's trying to portray, it'd probably mess up her "character". She's terribly fake; I don't think she's been through anything in her life that would cause her to be that way other than pure vanity. At least in Randy's case, it seems like something happened to him. And he's not even that bad. Corinne just wants attention and approval from others apparently, and it's disgusting how low she'll go.
Yhea. I actually think Randy and Corrine are very different. Randy hates people because they hate him. Corrine just talks thrash about others to feel like a bad-***.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
edit: above post is right, he did screw himself over tbh
also bob won the 100,000 e_e
Really? SWF failed!? :( Ken deserved the $100,000, and I'm disappointed but not surprised that Survivor fans can't appreciate the skill Ken demonstrated and his general awesomeness... It's a load of **** that Bob won $1,100,000, especially after going back on his word.

Yhea. I actually think Randy and Corrine are very different. Randy hates people because they hate him. Corrine just talks thrash about others to feel like a bad-***.
Randy hates people because they're hypocritical, ********, and/or sacrifice their values for a chance at $1,000,000.

billygoten

Smash Rookie
I love Randy and I despise Corrine. Occassionally, Randy will say something mean that makes me cringe, but most of the time he's very amusing. In stark contrast, every time Corrine speaks, her stupid shallow crap infuriates me. She's not clever, or funny; she's not a more interesting person that you have to "get" in order to appreciate, she's just a horrible person to be around or listen to.

I see a difference, although the fact that Randy reminds me of Jim Gaffigan a little might make me like him more than I should. I was actually shocked when Jeff said that a lot of people view Randy as unintelligent. I could tell from day one that he was one of the most intelligent.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
In regards to whoever said corinne only ever talked to people behind their backs, in the reunion show jeff said how she complained they didn't portray her as "evil" enough, and that she was edited alot.
really, i liked corinne and randy since they were so different and a breath of fresh air. Not to mention they were smart
but they were the bad guys so of course everyone hates them

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Am I the only one who thinks that Paloma girl is attractive? I mean, I only watched 2 episodes of Survivor, and she wasn't on them so I assume she didn't get far, and I know nothing about her, but still, I thought she was the cutest XD

By the way, what's the difference between a "pinup model" and just a regular "model?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom