• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Supposed New Info (Believe What You Want)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I liked Pikmin and all but.... Captain Falcon is the only captain I need.... Just no way Pikmin are gona be playable...

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I hope the first one is true but I doubt it.
Cause I love Port town, and the black skinnier dragon I'm assuming is a color change for Ridley.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Both of them had the grammatical and spelling capabilities of a mentally ******** peacock.

That is all I need to dismiss them being "official".

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I call BS on most of these. It just seems like they're taking common rumors that people are already predisposed to believing is true (like Ness returns or that Star Wolf is playable) and then throwing other random stuff in there. I feel like if the guy saw "some skinny black dragon" he'd at least find the name of it before he posted. I dunno, it just sounds too fishy to me, but then again, what do I know?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think that it's safe to debunk Nintendomaster. He didn't know Ridley or the Mario Kart Lightning? It's just too hard to believe. :ohwell:

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
As much Hype and Rumor going around they could atleast have some common sense.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
it's unbelievable how no one knows whos who (pikmin guy?) (skinny dragon? comoon.) or how to spell anything (lucario) especailly if you supposidly work in the gamer biz. this is a textbook fake leak (check the giude on how to become a prophet thread)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dd a victory dance when Olimar when he said Olimar, BUT, I dont think he works like he sai, they owuldnt throw in another person like the pokemon trainer, and it would be ridiculous if they did, it just wouldnt work.

He most likely fights on the field, I dont care what that guy says.

Then again, he did say lol "skinny dragon?" and "I dont know what game the lightning is from" so i dont know if it's believable.

Then again, we have to be prepared for spoilers any day now, the characters sound fine, (at least the first guy's) I belive those particular characters are in, but not the way he said it, hes BSing.

pirkid

Smash Lord
That's a lot of stuff he gave us if it's supposed to be on the DL. Seriously, is it worth believing him and then getting let down, or it actually being true and your not surprised?

I'd rather keep my reason, thanks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I liked Pikmin and all but.... Captain Falcon is the only captain I need.... Just no way Pikmin are gona be playable...
Pikmin, no, Captain Olimar, yes.

and I dont agree that CF is the ONLY captain we need....

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
2nd guy: is for sure bs.

1st guy: as much as I'd like to believe him, I get the feeling that he's 'buttering the toast' a little too much, especially with the whole 'playing dumb' antics, and catering to current rumors. One would think the description of a stage would win him a few credibility points, but pretty much all F-Zero stages are like that, anyone who knows a little about F-Zero could whip that up. He's really sneaky, but I'm pretty sure he's just pulling you leg.

I give it a 60% false. 40% true. If only for pure dumb luck

plshrk729

Smash Cadet
A guy who works for localization at NOA would know who Ridley is...so yeah. I can't believe the first one. And the second one just sounds BS too.
ya, i mean if he works at nintendo and doesn't have a clue who ridley is, he's in the wrong place

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
"I CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING SINCE I DON'T WANT TO GET FIRED. ANYWAYS OLIMAR IS IN THE GAME SO IS NESS SHIEK FALCON AND LUCARIO AND RIDLEY IS ALSO IN AND OH YEAH KRYSTAL AN FALCO ARE IN AND THERES THIS STAGE FROM F-ZERO CALLED PORT TOWN"

What BS

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
My gods...if Ridley is a jet black tone I would kiss that guy's feet. I just wish Rapscouter & thealmightygoat (who I believe are either working together or are both true) would mention SOMETHING about Ridley being playable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My gods...if Ridley is a jet black tone I would kiss that guy's feet. I just wish Rapscouter & thealmightygoat (who I believe are either working together or are both true) would mention SOMETHING about Ridley being playable.
\

Of course one of the reasons I belive thealmightygoat is telling the truth is he HASNT made any claims of hearing about ridleyl krystal, olimar, or any of the characters we KNOW are going to be in,

This is what made the first guy unbelievable, especially in the way he said it.

"Some skinny black dragon who's name coincidentally escapes me" :laugh:

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Notice how they all seem to follow ChaosZero. Prophets don't seem to dare defy his word.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i didnt know who ridly was. i know alot about nintendo too. i think the only reason i dont know who ridley is because i never beat any samus game. dont get the wrong impression but for every metroid game i played i played to the last boss but never finished. i just didnt want to fight him. never even tried to fight it. i dont know why. -_- i didnt find out who ridley was until his name kept popping up on the forums a few month ago. so i googled him. lol. anyway the first one sounds 50/50. 2nd didnt really understand him. might be too tired.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I don't buy it. Olimar in the background like Pokemon trainer?
Is that all that made you suspicious?
A.) Who helps out in localizing a game for ONE DAY, and if so, why would they show him that much secret information?
B.) If he only got a "short glimpse" of everything, why are some of his explanations so detailed?

I call fake.

finalark

SNORLAX
"I CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING SINCE I DON'T WANT TO GET FIRED. ANYWAYS OLIMAR IS IN THE GAME SO IS NESS SHIEK FALCON AND LUCARIO AND RIDLEY IS ALSO IN AND OH YEAH KRYSTAL AN FALCO ARE IN AND THERES THIS STAGE FROM F-ZERO CALLED PORT TOWN"

What BS
Putting the moron into oxymoron.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Those two guys sound the most pathetic of all the so called "leakers".

Thie first guy was the worst, seeing as how he pretended to not know a single thing about any Nintendo characters in any games.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I like how the first guy, who was working at Nintendo, pretended not to know anything about Nintendo. You are not going to work there if you don't know who they are. Also a guy who would actually go and leak all this info to people on a forum is not just going be like "Smash is a fine game I've heard of before and maybe played a few times but I don't care about it that much. But I am going to go and tell a bunch of Smash fans about it now even though I don't care."

Yea this is BS like all prophets. They just guess **** and if they are right then they were just right at guessing, not cause they are somehow all-knowing or that they actually worked there and told real info.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Ok whoevers posting this on IGN is a liar. I usually dont scream fake but this guy is def. false. Just look how he "tries" to act oblivious to games yet in other places he makes off-hand remarks like a vet would.

"Hi everyone! I'm really excited to say that the new Smash Bros has gone into print in Japan! However, the US version is still having some finishing touches done. I spent a day working with the localization team to fix any issues before it goes into print. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything more than that. I don't want to be fired. I also can't tell you everything that is in the game because I don't know. They only had me in helping out for an afternoon so I can only tell you what I glimpsed while working on my specific assignment. Here are some of the things I noticed.
OK fair info. Not good but not bad enough to scream fake.

I spent nearly all of my time working on a level called "port town" from the F Zero series. It's absolutely massive. It starts with you fighting on the top of some massive ships and then drops down to the the race tracks where you will start fighting on top of the cars. Then the perspective will shift and they cars will start coming towards you as stage hazards. It's supposed to represent a futuristic sporting event. As a result, the backgrounds and ships are covered in fake advertisements for futuristic products and services ("Bounty Hunter Needed?" "R.O.B.s auto body".) I spent most of the time implementing the english versions of those ads.
Its funny how he goes into detail of the ads. This guy seems like he wants us NOT to think he knows about games yet he manages to post obscure references to nintendos other games on the IGN boards. Lame.

I also briefly worked on an aspect of another level. It featured a battery that resembled Duracell that I had to make more generic for copyright reasons. I don't know what it was used for. Sadly, I didn't see any of the actual level.
Dont know what hes trying to push here...maybe chibi robo. Still seems REALLY lame. And unbelievable.
There was a new playable Pokemon called Lucario (sp?) that may be my favorite new character. He was the one I picked during my only play session on port town.
Seems like hes riding off the gamefaqs "prophet" to sound more credible.
I saw a short cut scene of Krystal and Falco (from the star fox series) in adventure mode. Krystal was on the ground using her staff thing while Falco was flying around just above her in a plane. I don't know if it means they are playable or not.
And now the other guy.
Star Wolf (also from star fox) was playable! I saw some footage of him fighting fox. He looked slightly bigger then fox and pulled out a big bomb. I also saw a quick clip of him carrying some big magnet thing.
Some big magnet thing....riiiight. ok. What grown man writes THAT instead of "I also saw a quick clip of him carrying a large magnet weapon/apparatus/ect" I have a hard time believing a guy whos in that position and is used to localizing would right "some big magnet thing". That screams fake.

There was a big playable black dragon (not the one with the Pokemon Trainer.) It's much skinnier but cooler looking I don't remember what it's called though or what series its from. It attacks using fire breath and a sharp tail.
Again he KNOWS that Krystal, WOLF, and FALCO are from the SF series yet he manages to sound like a complete idiot in regards to this "big playable dragon". This fake is probably hinting (badly at that) to Ridley. Like I said his grammar seems to be that of an adolescent child. I don't really care about spelling, apostrophes or the likes. BUT AT LEAST LET THE SENTENCE FLOW and sound smart. It sounds as if a child off of the Barney television show were writing this. And note his familiarity with the pokemon trainer. I will bring that point up later.
Ness is in the game but I don't know if he is playable or not. I only saw him use one move so he could be an assist character.

King Deedee from Kirby is playable! He floats around and uses his hammer.

Jigglypuff is back. It's just the same as it always was. Useless and annoying.
So he sounds like hes not familiar with games. Yet he knows/thinks he knows about Jiggly Puff being useless "as ever". Which implies that hed be familiar with the past Smash Bros games. Which begs the question, how is he so dumb yet so knowledgeable.... DDD news just taken from the DOJO and the commercials. The Ness part sounds like hes riding off the Gfaqs prophet.

There is a cool new item in multiplayer. It resembles a lightning bolt and if you touch it, it causes all your opponents to shrink. I don't know what game it's from.

Mario can now use his water pack.

The guy from Pikmin is playable. A woman showed him to me. He looks really complicated to use as he stands in the background and throws random colored Pikmin out to fight for him. I don't really get how he works.
This is really a disgrace. He shows us that he knows the name of Kystal, FOX, and Falco and he knows that SOME people consider jiggly to be useless but then again he tries to show us his out-of-the-loop gamer side by saying "the guy from pikmin". You can remember all those other characters names(krystal ect)...the exact words from signs in "port town" but you CANT remember captain olimar, Ridley or anything else. LOL. FAKE.

And now Ill bring up that point I talked about earlier. He says he doesnt understand how "the guy from pikmin" fights yet he makes it sound as if he fights JUST LIKE the POKEMON TRAINER. So your telling me you dont understand how one character fights using other characters...which you said yourself.....and this character that you cannot possibly understand happens to fight just like another character who you seem to be familiar with. Sounds fishy. Also he says hes not sure where the bolt comes from. lawl. I could show that to a SONY FANBOY and hed know. Mario info also taken from the DOJO and said like he doesnt know that we know:laugh: which he does.....

If hes really worked on the game then he should know this is old news. Its on the DOJO so he should be aware to some extent what that site is doing if hes in localization. So all the "OLD NEWS" hes posting just shows how fake he is. And not to mention he wants to get the game, its seems by his statement about jiggly that he knows about the other games and their respective characters AND traits, yet he manages to completely NOT know about the DOJO.
I can't wait to get this game! "
The only bit where he wasnt being misleading.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The problems with these rumors is that they probably contain at least part of the truth. I would not be surprised if Krystal and Falco made it in, but that does not suddenly credit the rumor. >_>

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Go read the "how to be a prohet" thread, the similarities to both of these is astonishing.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
The first guy was a total n00b (and the battery level sounded like pikmin), but MY GAWD I HOPE HE'S RIGHT ABOUT RIDLEY!

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't he have seen Ridley's name if this was true? Or at the very least wouldn't he say Ridley looks like a Pteradoctyl? Cause he sure doesn't resemble a dragon anymore than Bowser does. (Turtle Dragon)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Okay. How does the guy not know the black dragon, yet knows of a black Charizard. Obviously a fraud. Jeez. Some leaks are so predictable. At least throw in something new for these people with too much time on their hands.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Shishou:

The Ridley of the Metroid Prime series is more dragon looking.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Second time someone said Port Town was in. Yes, I know the first one was fake, and this one probably is too, but I really hope it is a stage for the simple reason that Port Town's music (from the original SNES F-Zero) is awesome. A remix of that song in Brawl would probably make me weep tears of joy.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
The things the first one says could be true (Not saying he knows anything though) apart from Olimar being in the Background.... I cant see that happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom