• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Supposed New Info (Believe What You Want)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STVJ_IGN

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash Boards I come from the far away land of the IGN Boards in which we are being absolutely bombarded with LEAKED INFO AND EXCLUSIVE INFO TOPICS

Which is fine because we got those since July

But anyways over the past couple days two new users have posted some interesting stuff about Brawl their names are Nintendoman2.0 and ChaoticImplosions

Here are some posts

Nintendomaster 2.0

"Hi everyone! I'm really excited to say that the new Smash Bros has gone into print in Japan! However, the US version is still having some finishing touches done. I spent a day working with the localization team to fix any issues before it goes into print. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything more than that. I don't want to be fired. I also can't tell you everything that is in the game because I don't know. They only had me in helping out for an afternoon so I can only tell you what I glimpsed while working on my specific assignment. Here are some of the things I noticed.

I spent nearly all of my time working on a level called "port town" from the F Zero series. It's absolutely massive. It starts with you fighting on the top of some massive ships and then drops down to the the race tracks where you will start fighting on top of the cars. Then the perspective will shift and they cars will start coming towards you as stage hazards. It's supposed to represent a futuristic sporting event. As a result, the backgrounds and ships are covered in fake advertisements for futuristic products and services ("Bounty Hunter Needed?" "R.O.B.s auto body".) I spent most of the time implementing the english versions of those ads.

I also briefly worked on an aspect of another level. It featured a battery that resembled Duracell that I had to make more generic for copyright reasons. I don't know what it was used for. Sadly, I didn't see any of the actual level.

There was a new playable Pokemon called Lucario (sp?) that may be my favorite new character. He was the one I picked during my only play session on port town.

I saw a short cut scene of Krystal and Falco (from the star fox series) in adventure mode. Krystal was on the ground using her staff thing while Falco was flying around just above her in a plane. I don't know if it means they are playable or not.

Star Wolf (also from star fox) was playable! I saw some footage of him fighting fox. He looked slightly bigger then fox and pulled out a big bomb. I also saw a quick clip of him carrying some big magnet thing.

There was a big playable black dragon (not the one with the Pokemon Trainer.) It's much skinnier but cooler looking I don't remember what it's called though or what series its from. It attacks using fire breath and a sharp tail.

Ness is in the game but I don't know if he is playable or not. I only saw him use one move so he could be an assist character.

King Deedee from Kirby is playable! He floats around and uses his hammer.

Jigglypuff is back. It's just the same as it always was. Useless and annoying.

There is a cool new item in multiplayer. It resembles a lightning bolt and if you touch it, it causes all your opponents to shrink. I don't know what game it's from.

Mario can now use his water pack.

The guy from Pikmin is playable. A woman showed him to me. He looks really complicated to use as he stands in the background and throws random colored Pikmin out to fight for him. I don't really get how he works.

I wish could tell you more but they were very secretive and tried to keep me in a specific area. I can't wait to get this game! "

The guy sounds so-so to me

and we got Chaotic Implosion

"Well, for starters I'd like to say that the reason I haven't posted in a day or so is the NFL playoffs. But since the Titans have little to no chance of victory, I've decided to post now

Also, there was a great deal of questioning about Ness' moveset, which is obviously my fault for not proofreading. csaskater figured it out, though:

"EDIT: I just read back over what he said on Ness. He said he still has PK Thunder and that his ^B,<>B, and vB have changed. Note he said nothing of his standard B. PK Thunder could be moved to Ness' standard B."

Well, almost. PK Thunder is still Up+B, and the pillar of fire attack is regular B. I really don't know what I was thinking when I posted it; all I can guess is that I thought about the fire going up, and thus I absent-mindedly said it was Up+B. Sorry about the confusion.

Also, in regards to that moveset and any OTHER future moveset, I have not seen or played Brawl. As I said before, I simply have a source, so blame him/her for any lack of detail you may find.

Now, to answer a few questions/complaints:

"Interesting... So what does this mean for Captain Falcon, then? Has he been reduced to a mere AT, seeing as you said the returning veteran was Ness? And doesn't this make Sakurai a bit biased toward his own games?

What about G-dorf and Sheik as well?"

I simply meant that Ness was the returning veteran. I didn't mean he was the only one returning. As for Sheik, she's basically already been confirmed so I'll go ahead and reveal that one. Sheik is, indeed, back.

"Can your insider source tell us what will be updated on the dojo on monday?"

Nope. Doesn't Sakurai himself post the updates? If not him, surely it's someone close to him in Japan, whereas my source is here in America. "

again so-so

I'm from IGN Smash Boards and whatever you people believe I think I am in Brawl

amost

Smash Apprentice
The first guy's message sounds like he's trying too hard to make it sound authentic... I'm gonna give that one a thumb's down.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
This rumor is substandard, the tone of the writer is conflicted, and things are phrased in a way to obviously imply the inclusion of more wanted characters (ridley) in a manner that seems more 'mysterious'. It also mixes information that we all already know to make it seem more credible.

I don't doubt the info in this is true (aside from c-falcon being removed, he's way too popular to not make the cut), but the source is totally invalid.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Another one of these...? I kinda wonder why I even read this, fully knowing that it's the same thing over and over again...

Pseudo_Sam

Smash Cadet
Dang, that first one really knows how to get on my good side.

Pikmin stage + Olimar playable = win.

Alas, my inner being tells me this is yet another "prophet".

Revven

FrankerZ
I've seen nothing of the first guy and is it just me, or is Wolf coming in as playable a lot more in a lot of these "leakers"? Oh and you should've posted the first guy in this thread. We've known about ChaoticImplosion though and we think he isn't that credible at all.

Only time will tell though.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
you know, if i really did have an inside source, i would cite the source and sell my information to a gaming magazine or something, instead of posting it for free to impress a bunch of gullilbe fans on the internet

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
The second guy I saw posting at GameFAQS so I'm going to go ahead and ignore him for now.

The first guy sounds slightly more legit, but what are the chances of someone who works for Nintendo not recognizing the lightning bolt from Mario Kart, Lucario, or Ridley? (whom I assume was the "black dragon" he refered to - Ridley isn't black, but I can't really think of a better fit for the description.)

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
Well he said mario could use the water pack thing

If he said that before the update then that means... hes probaly right about all those things

amost

Smash Apprentice
although the battery the first guy's talking about is something that the Pikmin moved around, I still think he's trying too hard to make himself sound legit when it's actually not.

STVJ_IGN

Smash Rookie
Over at IGN we feel the same way, its basically 20 of these leaked things each day with a couple having the same thing. Could they be true... Possible...Likely not

But we're bound to get some truth soon

Igneous42

Smash Ace
A guy who works for localization at NOA would know who Ridley is...so yeah. I can't believe the first one. And the second one just sounds BS too.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'm gonna remain skeptical and not believe either of these accounts, though I wouldn't mind them being true.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
The Port Town rumor is pretty specific - I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true. The rest of the first rumor sounds pretty vague/known info trying to give the poster creds, which I don't believe.

The second rumor? Bah. ChaoticImplosion might have got his hands on that Dragoon leak from a friend of a friend of a friend, and he's riding that and making himself out to be a true prophet.

All in all, I don't believe either, but we'll see.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Second guy saying Wolf is playable, second guy mentioning port town, like millionth guy mentioning Ridley.

I only know 1 thing.

I like the first "leak".

Luigi player

Smash Master
This was funny, but I don't believe it >_> The first guy is really trying too hard. He should know who Ridley is. And the second guy... well, Sheik playable? Well, DUH! She has a very good chance at returning. And that Ness moveset change might be possible, but it would be REALLY strange if they do that, because it doesn't make any sense.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
you know, if i really did have an inside source, i would cite the source and sell my information to a gaming magazine or something, instead of posting it for free to impress a bunch of gullilbe fans on the internet
If you get tracked down, then your behind would be destroyed by Nintendo's legal team.

Anyway, prophets need to use the technology of video recording camera phones. If not, poor quality screen shots that prove "everything".

TMS

Smash Journeyman
One thing I've considered is that when actual game info is leaked, no one will believe it. We will only believe it of we actually see it on the Dojo or some kinda of official screenshot. Does this mean that I believe this guy? Well... no. The true info could be with any of the other Prophets.

So yeah people, keep this in mind.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
One thing I've considered is that when actual game info is leaked, no one will believe it. We will only believe it of we actually see it on the Dojo or some kinda of official screenshot. Does this mean that I believe this guy? Well... no. The true info could be with any of the other Prophets.
Well, that's the thing - we're so jaded from reading all of these "leaks", we won't accept any "leaked" info as true until we see proof. They say that a picture is worth a 1000 words, so it speaks for itself - with just words, you have to explain yourself and make yourself seem credible, which is nearly impossible considering all of the "leaks" we've had.

Chepe

Smash Lord
As long as we try to document them so we know who was telling the truth and who was BSing... But while the first guy's leaks sound cool, he has no credibility which means I cant fully believe him...

amost

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's the thing - we're so jaded from reading all of these "leaks", we won't accept any "leaked" info as true until we see proof. They say that a picture is worth a 1000 words, so it speaks for itself - with just words, you have to explain yourself and make yourself seem credible, which is nearly impossible considering all of the "leaks" we've had.
The supposed leakers do try to make themselves credible by their words though. They use techniques like

1) not reavealing all of what they have to say, leaving us to deduce something
or
2) pretending to not be familiar with a character to make us think "oh! they're saying this character's in even when they don't know who it is!! it must be true!!!!11one"

*cough*firstguy*cough*

hjihjihjihji

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-3014-8369
im fairly new on these boards and im fed up of these supposed leaks already...

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"There was a big playable black dragon (not the one with the Pokemon Trainer.) It's much skinnier but cooler looking I don't remember what it's called though or what series its from. It attacks using fire breath and a sharp tail."

That's probably the most ******** thing I've read in a while. There's NO way he wouldn't know who Ridley was. Terrible attempt at ignorance. While I highly doubt Chaotic's is real, it's a heck of a lot more credible than this garbage,

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie

So yeah people, keep this in mind.
QFT. Anyone could be telling the truth.

Back on topic, the first guy sounded truthful for a while...then it sounded forced and busted him. The second guy sounds truthful to a certain point...I don't know, I just don't like how he sounds.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
I see two main problems with the first guy's claims:
1. Wolf
2. Captain Olimar

Yes, these prophets always draw me in to read their claims, somehow. I mean, the game's coming out next month, so why are we so addicted to this kind of thread? I guess it's mainly because some of the information is probably true.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
the first guy is trying too hard to sound like a total noob. uh some black dragon thing? some lightning bolt? if he worked for nintendo, theres no way he would have no idea what these are.

both sound fake to me

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
hahaha. "i dont want to be fired..... i was the guy working on translating the background on port town" hmm, did this guy just give himself up to his boss? hahaha, either he's fake (most likely) or is about to get his *** fired. oh and another thing he said "i got to pick lucario on the only game i played.. i dont know if falco or krystal are playable (didnt he see the roster when he picked lucario), oh and wolf and ridley are playable"... epic fail....

M.K

Level 55
I wouldn't believe that Captain Olimar would be in the background, that's really only "Pokemon Trainer" -esque, since Olimar ACTUALLY fights alongside the Pikmin.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
The first one is so stupid. I think someone that works in the localization would know about the site, and it's updates.

He says "Mario can use his water pack", but he also says: "the japanese version is in print". SO, he made this up now, because Mario's Fluud was revealed in EARLY SEPTEMBER. The second one is stupid I barely read anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom