• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I'm confused are expansion Characters available now or not? If so has anyone made one for Lucas,Mewtwo, and Ike?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm confused are expansion Characters available now or not? If so has anyone made one for Lucas,Mewtwo, and Ike?
Expansion characters are not available as of yet. They will be allowed to be officially worked on following the release of the final 1.0 version of SSF2, which will contain all the game modes, the SSE-like story mode, and all the unlockable characters and stages and etc.. With the upcoming version, 0.9b, we will have all the starting characters, as well as all the starting stages (IIRC).

As to your question, it is likely that Mewtwo is on the dev's unlockable roster (though that is simply speculation on my part), but I am unsure about Lucas and Ike as far as their chances for the game. Regardless, though, even when the Expansion Forums were open nobody made characters that were already in the official Smash games, because the devs wanted to keep tabs on the official characters to use for Official Expansions to make sure they were of high quality equal to that of the rest of the Smash Flash cast.

So yeah, that was basically a really long explanation to tell you "not yet", haha.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm super-psyched for the tournament on July 27. Maybe the game'll finally get taken seriously for once.

I'm just upset I can't be there in person.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Thankyou for adding Chibi-Robo. I am forever in your debt.
I still remember what a total surprise it was when he was announced. I bought CR: Photo Finder right away to get familiar with the character.

In the meantime, everyone else was calling for Cleod's head because he's not Luffy or Neku Sakagawa :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I still remember what a total surprise it was when he was announced. I bought CR: Photo Finder right away to get familiar with the character.
Photo finder!?! Nah dude ya gotta play the original chibi-robo on the gamecube!
Shigeru Miyamoto made it into an awesome adventure game. It's a way more fleshed out game than that eshop download.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Photo finder!?! Nah dude ya gotta play the original chibi-robo on the gamecube!
Shigeru Miyamoto made it into an awesome adventure game. It's a way more fleshed out game than that eshop download.
I don't doubt it. But it's too dang expensive. It's old, it's high demand, and I can't get it. :p

(Trivia: Though Chibi-Robo was planned to be in the new roster ever since the v0.7 retool, Photo Finder being newly-released is why he was revealed at APEX.)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
In the meantime, everyone else was calling for Cleod's head because he's not Luffy or Neku Sakagawa :p
I remember waking up from my sleep-deprived coma after programming for like 19 hours straight, stumbling into the APEX Indie Room, and hearing someone go "Okay, so like basically everyone's mad" >_>

I think once the demo's out they'll realize there's nothing to complain about tho :p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I remember waking up from my sleep-deprived coma after programming for like 19 hours straight, stumbling into the APEX Indie Room, and hearing someone go "Okay, so like basically everyone's mad" >_>

I think once the demo's out they'll realize there's nothing to complain about tho :p
Now you have a taste of what it's like to be Sakurai. Everyone hates you for the entire development period, but come release, they're groveling at your feet. And then you'll laugh.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Are Final Form battles still a thing? I heard somewhere that there was gonna be a mode where you could have Super Sonic fight Super Saiyan Goku and stuff of that ilk.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Are Final Form battles still a thing? I heard somewhere that there was gonna be a mode where you could have Super Sonic fight Super Saiyan Goku and stuff of that ilk.
From the official FAQ:
Q: Will there be a Final Form mode?
A: No.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the reasoning is the removal of Vegeta, Sasuke, and Fire Mario, leaving not enough characters for the mode.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh boy! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!

I wonder what's getting revealed? I'm guessing more than just the last Special Brawl modes if there's a Direct for it.
I'd say some gameplay changes and maybe a character if we're lucky.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While a fourth character would be a nice surprise, I'm not holding my breath for such. Regardless of what gets shown, I'm sure it'll be worth all the hype!

Almost there!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a friendly reminder: McLeodGaming LOVES to hide details in their trailers and they confirm stuff not implied by word.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
MAJOR DIRECT ANNOUNCEMENTS SUMMARY:

RELEASE DATE:
July 24

NEW CHARACTER FOR V0.9c:
Isaac

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
So Isaac is confirmed? Can't say I'm ecstatic, as I've never played golden sun, but I'm sure he'll be fun to play as.

I'm not too impressed with the changes you guys made to Sora though. I thought you guys would remove a boring move like his old down or up special, but you instead changed the two moves I liked using best!

Wow... I'm actually complaining about a game... I think I need to lie down.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
First I was like:

But then I was like:

Words can't describe how beautiful that direct was.

TTHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I had myself saying I don't care about the extra modes this directs gonna suck no new characters or a release date.

Then it came

and I died

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So Isaac is confirmed? Can't say I'm ecstatic, as I've never played golden sun, but I'm sure he'll be fun to play as.

I'm not too impressed with the changes you guys made to Sora though. I thought you guys would remove a boring move like his old down or up special, but you instead changed the two moves I liked using best!

Wow... I'm actually complaining about a game... I think I need to lie down.
My only complaint about Sora is that now he has no more reliable kill moves. I'm fine with FloMotion.

And pick GS up on the Wii U VC. There's a reason people love it so much.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Really though, I always found Firaga to be way too laggy. And that's not getting into sweet-spotting.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
My only complaint about Sora is that now he has no more reliable kill moves. I'm fine with FloMotion.

And pick GS up on the Wii U VC. There's a reason people love it so much.
What is GS? Also Sora still has his Down special which can be used after edge hogging.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Guys. You don't understand that Sora's up-b can hitconfirm into firaga on most characters at virtually any percent.

What is GS? Also Sora still has his Down special which can be used after edge hogging.
Golden Sun

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also, I'm psyched that Turbo Mode's here. And playable online along with any Special Brawl. Hype. Hype hype.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
One reason I'm happy about Flowmotion: He gets his glide back. Sora's glide is one of his signature abilities and I'm glad it's back in some form.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Do you think it's possible that he could even use it as a recovery? Not in the sense that he uses it for horizontal recovery, but perhaps like Mario in Melee/Project M where he can bounce off the wall to follow it up with a recovery?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Do you think it's possible that he could even use it as a recovery? Not in the sense that he uses it for horizontal recovery, but perhaps like Mario in Melee/Project M where he can bounce off the wall to follow it up with a recovery?
I wasn't aware that Sora could bounce off walls at all.

D

Deleted member

Interesting. I've played SSF2 and the original game before, but ain't competitive in it. The idea of an online mode is simply flat out amazing, though.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Interesting. I've played SSF2 and the original game before, but ain't competitive in it. The idea of an online mode is simply flat out amazing, though.
I've already set up an online lobby thread for people looking for matches.

Also SSBC and Brawl mod matches, but I think we'll be using it a lot for SSF2.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Dang it, I missed the direct. #sadface
Heard some characters got tweaked moves. Any tweaks on Sora?

Top Bottom