• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Smart strategy. Uploading it in the wee hours of the morning guarantees that a lot fewer people will be constantly refreshing and crashing the servers and forcing them to start all over again.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Im sthill awayke. Ive already loost mey sleep. Nothing can stahp mey naow................

*Bangs head on wall
Sghxkjd? Oh. Man, I didn't sleep that long. What happened?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computer programming, so how hard would it be to "file off the serial numbers" by replacing the characters wiith parodies and releasing this as an indie game? Again, not sure about game engines and platforms but with Nintendo's Web Framework Project, can you imagine playing this essentially on wii u???

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
The game is fan-flipping-tastic! The sprites look unbelievably good and the gameplay is as smooth as a real Smash game. Very well done.

Looking back at the first Smash Flash, this series has come so far.

The only thing that could use work is Silph Co, cause the AI always performs terribly on that stage.:c:chuckle:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computer programming, so how hard would it be to "file off the serial numbers" by replacing the characters wiith parodies and releasing this as an indie game? Again, not sure about game engines and platforms but with Nintendo's Web Framework Project, can you imagine playing this essentially on wii u???
I don't think that's possible, at least not without ripping out the heart and soul of the game.

This isn't the only game McLeodGaming's ever going to make, you know.

...Anyway, the game looks amazing. I'm loving the resprites on the stages, especially Pokémon Stadium 3 (which no longer looks MS Painted, yay!) and the edited effects on the attacks. Goku finally has a proper battle aura.

Last edited:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Well, it looks like I have to find my USB controller now, because I love this update!
Also, I think black mage is OP, a level 5 4 stocked me. :( He has a weird spike that has a delay...
that sucked the first time around.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really like what I've played so far. Marth & ZSS play just like their Brawl incarnations (as expected) and Chibi-Robo is actually an adorable yet very fun/clever character to play as. Great job!

Turbo mode's interesting but I'm still not in full swing of it yet (I haven't played Project M's version).

Also noticed my main Naruto got a new voice actor. Surprising but I'll get use to it eventually.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm wide awake (awake awake awake....)
Anyway, I'm trying it out today. Sora's combos feel a bit more connected now, but will have to get used to flowmotion as it can be used as both a combo extender AND a finisher. Link feels AMAZING. His combos connect better and nair is still the most op nair ever. However, his Dash Attack seems a bit iify as it doesn't go as far as it should. Other than that, I'm very happy with this update so far.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Double Post. And guess what? DOUBLE FAIL!
upload_2014-7-25_12-22-51.png
It's a glitch only Link can do when he holds a bomb while dieing at Target Test. Basically, he dies twice. :rolleyes: I was too lazy to crop. Sorry.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I finally downloaded it.
And holy mother of God I have to catch up. I've gotten so used to 9.a and now I have to change my mindset.
Ah well, there's more important things to do. Like finding out if Isaac is in.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Marth is a bit iffy. Dolphin Dance and Counter are too strict on timing to be any use. I still can't figure out the timing for either of them or rather get the FEEL for the timing. I nominate Chibi Robo for having the weakest dash attack in the game.
What else, I can't remember.....

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Marth is a bit iffy. Dolphin Dance and Counter are too strict on timing to be any use. I still can't figure out the timing for either of them or rather get the FEEL for the timing. I nominate Chibi Robo for having the weakest dash attack in the game.
What else, I can't remember.....
Everyone's complaining about Marth, so he's probably going to be fixed in the patch.

Chibi-Robo, though, is amazing in anywhere that's not his dash attack.

(Reminder to threadgoers: If you find any problems, let the devs know at the McLeodGaming Forums.)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Found this magical photo.
New SSF2 Screenshot.png

You don't see this from the still image, but what happened is DK was stuck in this animation while gaining faster speed from grabbing the opponent (I'm Mario BTW).

Edit: And yes, it's possible to do it yourself. Simply grab an opponent and use the forward throw. Then jump.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I do love that the level 9 computers are much more aggressive than the previous demo.

Also, I'm glad I can finally go full screen without sacrificing game speed.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Ok, I've done some LvL 1 target testing and I've come to the conclusion that (based on times):
Mario is a little bit faster (possibly due to sprite size)
Link is faster
Sora is slower (I miss u strike raid)
Ichigo [might be] faster due to le Flash Step

Haven't done any1 else. As far as I can tell, no one else has gotten increased hitbox on attacks or sprite size or reduced lag, so :p Idk.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Man, I do love that the level 9 computers are much more aggressive than the previous demo.

Also, I'm glad I can finally go full screen without sacrificing game speed.
Yeah, I was totally caught off-guard when a CPU Kirby put me into a 9-hit combo. o_o

kylexv

Smash Master
Downloaded the patch and tried to activate my MGN account, but it says it can't communicate to the server. Please help.

mariodk

Smash Ace
i got a problem with the game:
then the loadin is at 100% it stops and just stay at the loading screen
happens on the newest version but also tried with some olders too same result+web browser version
and flash player is 100% updated

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I received the activation E-mail. But I can't seem to get into the website. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

qpMONKEYMIKEqp

Smash Cadet
When i play super smash flash 2 it lags ALOT! it doesnt make sense because i can play games that pull a lot more resources than SSF2. I can play minecraft on the highest quality and record it in HD with no lag at all. But when i almost get through one match on here it starts laggling like no other and get even worse the more i play it. Anyone have suggestions on what i might do to fix this?

kylexv

Smash Master
When i play super smash flash 2 it lags ALOT! it doesnt make sense because i can play games that pull a lot more resources than SSF2. I can play minecraft on the highest quality and record it in HD with no lag at all. But when i almost get through one match on here it starts laggling like no other and get even worse the more i play it. Anyone have suggestions on what i might do to fix this?
Try going out of fullscreen and changing the settings to "Hardware" and "Low Quality". It should make it less laggy.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Flash is a notorious resource hog in general. Do what Kylexv said, then blame Adobe.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ah, Sora feels so fresh and new! Between this, Marth, and Chibi-Robo, this is the most awesome update yet! That and all those improved sprites. Much greatness. Much greatness indeed.

Top Bottom