• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
so, to stop riding the bandwagon and all complaining about something completely unoriginal, lets talk something more important and easier to persuade the game's coder about: physics. do they feel OK on sonic? (hes the only character with high hitstun)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Sonic's physics seem better than the other characters, I'll say that. The physics are overall pretty good. I think the amount of maneuverability characters have, especially in the air, is too low. Increasing this acceleration in the air would help create advanced aerial play, making short hops, retreating aerials, and even air dodges much more effective.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Does SSF2 support USB game controllers without the aid of keyboard mapping/emulators?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Yay!
Finally Ness! His range is sooo good.
Wario side-b and dair looks like P:M Wario.
Cool secret character!

Does Luffy have any chance of appearing at all, not counting as an expansion?
One Piece needs more representation, it has so much potential with stages and characters.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Well, the secret character is our way of telling you that we will be mixing up the roster. Anything is possible at the moment.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you know that guy is soooooo EPIC! I was like WTF?! When I saw the "Challenger approaching" screen. When I saw who was I fighting, I was something like "Who the heck is he?!" Keep up the good work...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm not happy about the anime characters being in though....
I don't feel as though they fit having not making their debut in a video game not to mention making licensing messy... you guys are SO lucky this is a fan project cause the shonen jump characters would guarantee the game being Japan Only..

To those who disagree, name one Shonen Jump crossover game that came out over here.

/rant

Despite a few bugs, it's still a great game in progress.

I'm not spoiling it but the new character is kinda funny.
Especially the FS.

Anyway, every now and then there's a bug involving Mega Man's dash attack.

When he faces left on certain stages and tries to dash, his dash attack will make him slide to the right.

Can I suggest a feature for V0.8?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You can suggest a feature if you like, and if it's somewhat doable I can pass it on.

And yeah that momentum bug affects a lot of attacks, actually. There's also a projectile bug going on with some grounded projectiles that we're working on

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK.

Whenever you get to a state like say 1.0 or something late, can you guys make a stage builder type of thing?
Only Great?

Like being able to choose your own JPG or PNG and edit the collision ourselves?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
OK.

Whenever you get to a state like say 1.0 or something late, can you guys make a stage builder type of thing?
Only Great?

Like being able to choose your own JPG or PNG and edit the collision ourselves?
I dunno about choosing the images (I can ask), but we're planning on a stage builder, yes.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sometime in the next few demos, I assume. 1.0 would be the full game, and we're at 0.7.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Glitch on Sector Z. When you use Super Sayin Goku's Side Special on a certain part of the fin, the Dragon gets stuck and unable to go through the fin. If a player is caught in it, it deals an incredible amount of damage and gives enough knock back to KO a stock.

Problems I have with the game.

Naruto's Side Special out prioritizes Lloyd's fully charged Special.

Ichigo has a chain grab on everyone. The chain grab goes until high %'s. Grab > Pummel > Grab release > Jab once (or twice, but it's harder to re-grab.) > Grab

Sora's Side Special Blizzard, time between shots needs to be lengthened.

Sora's Side Special Thunder, Should have a hitbox all the way to the ground instead of going to Sora's feet. Kinda like Pikachu's Down Special in Smash.

Tail's Neutral Special needs a faster charge time.

This is all that I've gathered so far, I'll let you know if I have anymore suggestions.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'll pass the Sector Z thing on. Sounds like a width problem with the projectile
Naruto's side special has 6/7 priority. Lloyd's fully charged special is 5/7. It's intended to cancel.
Ichigo's CG.. >.< should've noticed that earlier. thanks.
Blizzard/Thundaga/Firaga is his neutral special. & if we make Thundaga work like that, then we'll have the same problem that we have with Kamehameha. It'll be boxy looking. Maybe next demo
Blizzard I'll see what I can do
Tails' neutral special ***** shield. Like, most of the time it'll break it singlehandedly. I don't think making it faster is a good idea.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'll pass the Sector Z thing on. Sounds like a width problem with the projectile
Naruto's side special has 6/7 priority. Lloyd's fully charged special is 5/7. It's intended to cancel.
Ichigo's CG.. >.< should've noticed that earlier. thanks.
Blizzard/Thundaga/Firaga is his neutral special. & if we make Thundaga work like that, then we'll have the same problem that we have with Kamehameha. It'll be boxy looking. Maybe next demo
Blizzard I'll see what I can do
Tails' neutral special ***** shield. Like, most of the time it'll break it singlehandedly. I don't think making it faster is a good idea.
Thanks for the feed back.

I never noticed Tails Special destroyed shields, I always dodged them or jumped over them.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, Sorry for interrupting and that, you know, they turn off my internet, and now finally I got it back.So, I wanted to ask: Can I insert expansion chars in SSF2? Y(why) do I ask?cus there are 2 chars already completed...Don't believe me? Check it out at the forum.Almost forgot, If the v.07 isn't compatible with expansions, will v.08 be? PLEASE SAY YES!!!!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You will be able to, but you can't yet. We want to finish all of the official characters before we let you download anyone else's.

Also, just because a character has all of its sprites, doesn't mean that they're done. Not at all.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's a "not officially, but after the game is out, you can download them as additional characters that aren't part of the included roster".

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Is there a significant reason why Ice Climbers, Olimar, PKMN Trainer and few others aren't there, except they aren't so popular...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Well, first off, those three (7?) specifically, because of coding limitations.
Secondly, our full roster is not public at this time. So anything is possible, really.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
There's a high possibility that he's in it because he was in SSF1 and has a completed SSF2 spritesheet.

Top Bottom