• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I hope you balance Fox well. That shine-spike looks ridiculously unfair.
Other than that his sprites are very impressive, although I can't say I wasn't expecting great sprites from SSF2.
It looks like you might have to do some tweaking on the knockback of a few of his throws. The lasers seem to miss a lot.
And goddang, you set the release for Christmas? I planned for Crusade's 0.8 release to be right around then as well. This could get interesting. (not implying it's a competition because it still isn't)

And how frequently are there going to be news updates? Cleod9 hinted at there being more information later on but didn't specify anything.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've heard of this. Is character suggestion vaild? Cause Victini's awesome... :awesome: I also have a mvoeset alrdy made with SSB4. Maybe u can use it..?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I hope you balance Fox well. That shine-spike looks ridiculously unfair.
We were actually pressed on time and had to make the video in the middle of the balancing phase.
:s

Other than that his sprites are very impressive, although I can't say I wasn't expecting great sprites from SSF2.
Aw thanks, I'll be sure to let Damian know you liked them.

It looks like you might have to do some tweaking on the knockback of a few of his throws. The lasers seem to miss a lot.
Haha, yeah. We changed the size of them right before the video so they're a little off still.

And goddang, you set the release for Christmas? I planned for Crusade's 0.8 release to be right around then as well. This could get interesting. (not implying it's a competition because it still isn't)
Yeah, I know. Our spies informed us and we planned accordingly. :woman:
I'm sure you guys will do just fine. People don't expect much gameplaywise from SSF2 yet, so hopefully this update will bring us up to par with you guys.

And how frequently are there going to be news updates? Cleod9 hinted at there being more information later on but didn't specify anything.
There won't be any for a couple of weeks, and we don't exactly have a plan or timeline or anything like that setup yet, so I don't really know. I'll probably post in here and let you guys know.
I've heard of this. Is character suggestion vaild? Cause Victini's awesome... :awesome: I also have a mvoeset alrdy made with SSB4. Maybe u can use it..?
Well, we have our (super secret) roster already set in stone. But I believe Crusade's taking roster suggestions. And if that falls through, you can always team up with someone and make a Victini expansion for SSF2.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, we have our (super secret) roster already set in stone. But I believe Crusade's taking roster suggestions. And if that falls through, you can always team up with someone and make a Victini expansion for SSF2.
Who is Crusade? Can I have a contact for him or something similar?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I forgot about SSF2. :laugh:

It's been in development for so long I've lost track of time.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Fox in SSF 2, with Fixed and a Better engine, with gravity, and visually more impresive.

Finally i will have a reason to play SSF 2 over Crusade :D

EDIT: LoL Dat Fourside looks like a Sprited version of my model version of fourside xDDD

EDIT 2: Are you going to fix that shine? It looks pretty broken (In melee the shine didnt send only Down, it sended you first up, the down, like an arc).

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
EDIT 2: Are you going to fix that shine? It looks pretty broken (In melee the shine didnt send only Down, it sended you first up, the down, like an arc).
Shine's angle in Melee was 0, shine's angle in SSF2 isn't far from it right now. Gonna try setting it to 0 in a few

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Done with the OP. Should be much, MUCH more informative than that old one from late '08.
@_@

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If anything the hitbox seems a bit too large on Shine, but that could just be me.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
And I should figure out how to get pummeling and teching to work.

In the OP it states that SSF2 is meant to resemble Brawl more than Melee, so I would assume they're sticking with Brawl air-dodges.

drwill439

Smash Rookie
Fox in SSF 2, with Fixed and a Better engine, with gravity, and visually more impresive.

Finally i will have a reason to play SSF 2 over Crusade :D

EDIT: LoL Dat Fourside looks like a Sprited version of my model version of fourside xDDD

It was better than Crusade from the start. The only thing Crusade has on SSF2 is the fact that it's complete.
Also, Brawl's dynamic air dodges always suited me better, so that really works for me as a pc gamer to have that in this game.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
It was better than Crusade from the start. The only thing Crusade has on SSF2 is the fact that it's complete.
Crusade isn't anywhere near complete yet. Half the characters aren't in, a ton of stages have yet to be added, and Online and Adventure Mode are still on the list. Among other things.

And in case you didn't notice, even TSON admitted that the current version of Crusade has better gameplay than the current (public) version of SSF2. And I never said that SSF2 doesn't have much better graphics than Crusade (in fact I've openly admitted SSF2 kicks Crusade's butt graphically), and it might stay that way for a while (if I ever get my spriting team to start redoing characters, although new ones are the main priority right now).

I don't understand why it's difficult to look at both games and simply see that they offer different things. SSF2 has far superior graphics, a large and dedicated dev team, and a more diverse roster (going by first to fourth party and such). Crusade has (at the moment) gameplay and physics that feel closer to an official Smash game and a much larger roster.

Again, I'm going to be quiet now because I'm starting to ramble and I don't want to spark a SSF2 vs Crusade discussion here.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
You guys have +500 users and at least 25 people working on it. We have, 50 members on the forums?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We have like 2,000 members and like 5 people actively working, the rest are just names on a list.

Tid

Smash Cadet
Yeah, don't mistake the forums size for a large team. We have a ton of fans, but that's it.
It's been a long time since we relied on the community to get sprites, we make them ourselves now. Not to mention that more than half of the dev team is missing in action. There're about 8 active devs, and 10 or so active balancers.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Still better than our two coders, two spriters actually doing constant work on their characters and maybe 5 who should be working on their characters but aren't ATM, and maybe 7 balancers who can't balance anything more than the current demo because we have nothing new to code besides stages.
And I bet you could recruit some people from the EF to help with spriting work. There're a lot of good spriters over there who would be more than happy to work on the actual game.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Still better than our two coders, two spriters actually doing constant work on their characters and maybe 5 who should be working on their characters but aren't ATM, and maybe 7 balancers who can't balance anything more than the current demo because we have nothing new to code besides stages.
And I bet you could recruit some people from the EF to help with spriting work. There're a lot of good spriters over there who would be more than happy to work on the actual game.
If there's someone who's good enough over there I'm sure they'll be picked up. Standards are pretty high at this point, though.

Top Bottom