• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con Announced!

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
PM people, they're not excluding you because you're not a real community or even a big community. As VGBC already has stated: It's for legal reasons. It's really not hard to understand why they wouldn't host an official PM tournament given the potential for legal action against them.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I don't know if this has already been said, but in response to the 3ds not being represented in tournaments, all of the 3ds that will be there to begin with will cause communication lag, a problem the wii u does not expierence.

Blazin'

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blazin_Raisins
3DS FC
5429-7955-3271
AAAAA THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! I really hope I can attend, it seems like it'd be a lot of fun!

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Was super hyped when I heard "super smash bros as a whole" until I read that they left out pm. Then I just really dont care for it all, and I won't be attending for it either, nor supporting it

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
PM people, they're not excluding you because you're not a real community or even a big community. As VGBC already has stated: It's for legal reasons. It's really not hard to understand why they wouldn't host an official PM tournament given the potential for legal action against them.
People understand why they are doing it. Both for legs concerns (us and them) as well as the money. You can't just disregard that the money is an influence. What ticks most people off is when people say including "all smash games", essentially saying Project M isn't a real smash game.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
OMG... Im dying... Why... WHY I CAN'Y GO THERE!?
Imagine sakurai being there...

Mexicanguy7

Smash Rookie
Wow what sell outs, so afraid of big bad Nintendo. Hopefully Pm can at least have a side tournament or something.

And #oneunit while everyone continues to **** on brawl, buncha hypocrites
Not everyone believes in #oneunit I don't think that it will ever happen anyway. It seems like everyone has their own game they like and don't like the other games. Personally I prefer Melee over the other smash games.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I really dont understand why certain PM people is so angry at VGBC and others. Most of these Streamers people are trying to move forward for Smash as a series. As great as PM is, it is a mod. Does that mean you guys dont matter? No of course not. It has nothing to do with that. Nintendo isnt backing the mod because it isnt official those are the stipulations. Should other Smash titles fall because of PM? Thats just selfish man. What we all should be doing is approaching Nintendo about this; maybe get PM to be an official mod or something.

Thats something we can do as a community. Honestly though Im damn tired of hearing PM people stating they wont support this or any event due to the lack of PM, then whining no one is #oneunit. Thats stupid cus
A) Ghandi + I
B) you have to look at the large picture

As I said, make a petition to send to Nintendo and get the ball rolling. its alot better then you guys leveling up your keyboard warrior game.
You're under the impression that PM has a reason to care about other Smash games. The idea of the Smash community as a whole is just silly. The PM community has plenty of reasons to not just ignore Smash 4 but outright hate it, as it's harmed the PM community despite how little it's done to earn it's popularity in relation to Melee and PM. People aren't going to support other Smash games at the expense of their own. In fact, they have plenty of reason to do the opposite.
The problem with actually involving Nintendo with PM is that they really don't want to acknowledge it. Officially endorsing it could establish a legal precedent that would be very bad for Nintendo as a company. Plus, forcing Nintendo to acknowledge PM could just lead to them shutting it down. They've actively tried to kill the Melee scene before, and while they're content to passive-aggressively harm the PM scene, if the issue is pushed to the point where they're forced to make a decision, they could very well shut it down. Although honestly, the most likely outcome is Nintendo simply ignoring the petition. Regardless, the odds of the petition backfiring are about as high as the odds of it working.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Let's just walk in and set up PM anyways. Let VGBC and Nintendo ***** at us about it later.

I wonder what famous smasher will preach #oneunit now and tell us to relax. Bull****, it didn't work during the Brawl years and it sure as hell won't work now.

There's no justifiable reason to defend them at this point.

Jbvolpi24

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volpi30
The event is probably sponsored by nintendo, so theres no way they would let PM be played because it is a MOD not a direct creation of nintendo. As to why there is no 3DS exclusive tournament, im not exactly sure but its probably because you can just link your 3DS to the Wii U and play there.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Awseome! We're getting our first major convention! I wonder how the others are taking it..?

*Sees PM comments*

-_-

Keman

Smash Apprentice
If Nintendo winds up officially sponsoring this, I will construct a catapult from random kitchen utensils just to get myself there.
I can't help but wonder why Nintendo's name on it would make you want to go that much more? Is that somehow going to make it twice as good of an event or something?

After how they treated the Competitive scene for so many years, why are we all nut riding them?

I LOVE the thought of a SmashCon and hope it becomes a yearly thing, but having Nintendo's name attached to it is seriously not that big of a deal to me. Maybe I am just weird though

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
I'm just going to assume that PM and other mods will have tables there.

If not including PM means it's not the whole Smash community, then including it still won't be because then you'd also have to count SSF(2) and Brawl- and other fan games and mods IMO.
Seriously, Project M isn't the only Smash mod out there. Would we have to include SD Remix to include "the whole Smash community", as well?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't help but wonder why Nintendo's name on it would make you want to go that much more? Is that somehow going to make it twice as good of an event or something?

After how they treated the Competitive scene for so many years, why are we all nut riding them?

I LOVE the thought of a SmashCon and hope it becomes a yearly thing, but having Nintendo's name attached to it is seriously not that big of a deal to me. Maybe I am just weird though
It would make it more likely that they'd make announcements for things like DLC or even new Nintendo games as well as possibly have developer panels.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hmm? Brawl? But I thought it's worse than Smash-4, so why even allow a mal-feasted game to be able to bestow upon Smas... lol! Couldn't even joke, I was literally laughing. Soon Brawl will be back and we can continue to experiment towards her greatness. #Thequeenreturns
Well if it can be in Apex 2015 it might as well be here.
PM isn't a real smash game, it's a mod. This is celebrating smash, so it makes sense to only include actual licensed smash games. I'm okay with the way this is being taken, even though PM is a lot of fun, and interesting to watch.

#BrawlMinusPlzForSSC
Wait, wait, wait.
You're reminding everyone that PM is a mod, not a game.
And then you put a hashtag supporting Brawl Minus, which in itself is a mod, not an actual game?
Contradictory post is contradictory if i'm not mistaken.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't think that's what he's saying. i think what he's trying to say is that don't turn this thread into a PM argument. This has happened before in previous threads.
This. Didn't mean to say you can't say anything regarding the matter, just don't have it become a huge argument where everybody wants to go and burn down GimR's house and threatens to kill somebody. A bit sad we have to go there, but it happens.

I'd be playing Project M if it wasn't for Smash 4 being more accessible, though.

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace

Watching the smash community quarrel internally is fast becoming my favorite pastime

Last edited:

Falm

Smash Rookie
gonna be hype as **** but my money is on the tournament running late as ****. C'mon, 4 different games and an entire convention, we'll need masterful performance by the TOs for it to run smoothly

Supa J64

Smash Rookie
NNID
SupaJ64
3DS FC
5198-2753-9795
Just be happy that official Smash games are being celebrated and a Con for it is finally here. PM is awesome but it's just a MOD! Kill the saltiness.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
imagine the situation where Nintendo didn't want Melee at events because it took away from its new game. Tournament organizers started not allowing melee at their events.
People are saying that project m fans are overreacting. But if you look at this scenario it is exactly the same and people would be freaking out.
Melee would man the **** up and hold its own tournament

Last edited:

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
"Smash Bros as a whole" forgets to invite one of the biggest smash communities...
I'm sorry but ppl need to stop with this. This is a convention, so good chance they will try to get Nintendo approval and if not they aren't gonna risk an entire event for a mod. Very possible it'll be there on some forms like the flash games, but it won't be in the title

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Wait, wait, wait.
You're reminding everyone that PM is a mod, not a game.
And then you put a hashtag supporting Brawl Minus, which in itself is a mod, not an actual game?
Contradictory post is contradictory if i'm not mistaken.
It's a joke, Brawl minus is known as being one of the most hectic and unblanced mods. I'm just saying that just because a mod is well known, doesn't mean it should be represented due to it not being an official smash game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's a joke, Brawl minus is known as being one of the most hectic and unblanced mods. I'm just saying that just because a mod is well known, doesn't mean it should be represented due to it not being an official smash game.
Brawl- is not unbalanced, but you are damn right it's the most hectic mod out there.

Top Bottom