• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@det: I really never even thought of playing Classic on the game, so I never seen him til now.

@everyone: Say I, if you have ever been killed by Metal Mario or Dark Link on Hard or Higher. If you been beaten by one on Easy or lower, guess what you are:

Donkey Penis

ensane

Smash Apprentice
That's a joke right? You realize that's censor dodging, off topic, and inflammatory, right? You know that if a mod sees it, you'll get infracted or a temp ban, right?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, you just made it worse instead. GG

By the way writing stuff on Link right now.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I have an announcement to make about 0.7!

We've decided to focus our last few days of development on poishing stags, and after that, you guys will be able to play the latest version of the game.

However, unfortunately in order to get the demo out to you faster, we're going to postpone Donkey Kong's inclusion to an update which should be available in the near future. On the other hand, expect to have something to make up for this in the 0.7 demo!

It should be available by August 2 for you to download. :)
Get hype. Only 3 days left.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@Devs: If Ganondorf is in the game, use this sprite sheet:
http://spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/zelda/sheet/17354
And if you want Ghirahim, talk to me, and we will work things out with him.

Man, how long do we have to wait for DK's inclusion? Maybe you should cut him out of the roster to make things faster. Replace him with...Lloyd Irving or Ryan Dunn* (*=Jack*** Movies). Btw, if it is a title of something, it doesn't count as swearing, or swear dodging 'w'.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
1. We already have a spritesheet of Ganondorf in the works.
2. I don't even know what you're talking about with Ghirahim.
3. Are you stupid? Donkey Kong is one of the Original 12, and he's a Brawl veteran. Those two factors alone make him have a higher priority for being on the roster than any newcomer. Especially the ones you suggested.

Anyways, DMX sort of spoiled the surprise. It's a newcomer that hasn't been announced yet.

DaviD DaW15

Smash Cadet
3. Are you stupid? Donkey Kong is one of the Original 12, and he's a Brawl veteran. Those two factors alone make him have a higher priority for being on the roster than any newcomer. Especially the ones you suggested.

Anyways, DMX sort of spoiled the surprise. It's a newcomer that hasn't been announced yet.
He said ,He could help us whit Ghirahim,sprite vise.
And the newcomer is either Chun Li or Shadow.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice

1. Thanks for telling me this.
2. Go search Demon Lord Ghirahim, then you will know who I am talking about.
3. DK is not the MAIN CHARACTER of Super Smash Bros. Series, and guess who is? Not Mario. Not Kirby. Not Pikachu. Well guess what, It is Link. Happy? No, well guess what else?

GAME OVER. YOU JUST GOT PWNED.
Sakurai Made Link the Main because he said Link looked cool.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
3. Ok, now you're just trolling and generally being annoying. DK is going to be in the game and that's final.
3. There isn't a main character of Smash Bros. It's a crossover game. If there was, it would be Master Hand.
2. I knew who you were talking about, you just worded the sentence horribly.

ANYWAYS.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Since Phantom appears to be lazy and all that, I'll post the download here:
It is here and playable. You will need to download Nakido Flag (link is on the download page).

Go here to find the download to 0.7:
http://www.nakido.com/DB47ED3C1A7CA287A6B1CF70455EBB84A5064BD3?uid=Falcon8r

Go here for Nakido Flag:
http://www.nakido.com/flag

Once Nakido Flag has been downloaded and Installed, the download will start on the download page. When it is complete, click save and the file will download to your computer. SSBC will extract itself when you run the file.
New Characters: Gooey, Mr. Game&Watch, Chun-Li
New Stages: Shadow Moses Island, Fourside (Melee)
New Modes: Classic.
New other stuff: General physics changes, Melee-style air dodges are optional but set as the default. Wavedashing doesn't work in the least, so for the time being the same action producing crappier results is called Crusadashing.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
"Optional, but set as the default" fehn. I should have known there couldn't be a more Brawl based fangame, even when it was explicitly stated. :mad:

pennylessz

Smash Cadet
I found a bunch of bugs and Falcon fixed most of them. Here's the patch he uploaded:
http://www.nakido.com/dl?filekey=DBFCC431D15132154F41BFFB35C4C8212AC5FE4B&uid=Falcon8r&action=add
Thanks so much there's just so many! I'm in the middle of playing Goku on intense mode. It says Vs Lucas. The match starts. There's one color on the screen, with no characters, I cannot pause but the time is working. There's what appears to be stars, Items still spawn but they just fall endlessly. Does the patch perhaps cover this?

Edit: The curry! The curry stuck it's a miracle!

Edit Edit: Time ran out which somehow made it where I won. Now I'm fighting giant Ryu but Goku's Kamehameha doesn't work. He uses it but no beam comes out.

Edit Edit Edit: OMG the next stage has no platform I'm falling continually, losing all my lives here.

Edit Edit Edit Edit: I'm on the platform stage Kamehameha is still dead, I fell off the cliff and for some reason could still use attacks. It then deducted a life spawned me in the middle of spikes and is lagging. I already have the patch downloaded I just want to finish this because it's fun. OMG smashed Goku reflection on the ground! The timer clock stopped at 1:30.
I lost all my lives it said failure but nothings happening it remains in the spot I died...yeah I'm using that patch now.

How many testers do you have? These glitches should have been apparent before release.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
No one else is reporting any glitches like this. I'm sorta the main tester and I haven't found anything like that. Although I didn't get to test it recently (like in the last few months) which was why a patch was made so quickly after I got a crack at the new demo.

pennylessz

Smash Cadet
Well I'm playing the patched version, it seems to have cleared up the glitches I reported. Although Goku did get stuck in the floor for a brief second once. But you should seriously get some testers.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Like I said, I'm a tester. It's just that Falcon never got around to giving me a recent test version.
I think there's one or two other testers that I know of besides the devs...

pennylessz

Smash Cadet
Fine with me, do you mind if I report some more glitches though? I'm finding these things in piles.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I've run into an odd problem, Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't uptilt or dtilt for some reason. I can uptilt and dtilt if I press jump RIGHT before hitting the attack button along with the direction, but besides that, only upsmashes or downsmashes will come out, A-smashing is off. I mapped my attack button to a different key and still have the same problem.

Ftilt works correctly though.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Ah. A lot of people have been running into this problem.
You need to copy the configuration file from version 0.6 and replace the 0.7 config file with it. It sets the A-Smash setting to a neutral position that works like it being off in the previous demo.

Also, just so people know, I finished updating the SSBC Dojo Thread to be for version 0.8 (slated for release this holiday season), as well as the Everything You Need to Know About SSBC Demo v0.6 thread so it's for 0.7 now, as well as including the most recent information that I forgot to add in or fix. Check them out if you're interested.

SuperBlackMan

Smash Rookie
Hey I have a questions

- How do u unlock Chun-Li, Mr. Game & Watch, and Gooey?
- How come Mewtwo is no longer on the selection? i see his pics and stuff in the folders but he's not
in the game.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Chun-Li is unlocked by beating Classic mode on Normal or harder.
Mr. Game&Watch and Gooey are starters, meaning they're on the CSS from the very start.
Q: Why isn't Mewtwo on the Character Select Screen?
A: The Mewtwo sprites we were using were originally made for Super Smash Flash 2 (SSF2 for short). We started using them, but someone from the SSF2 dev team (Geno) came over and requested we remove Cheddar-X's sprites from the game. So, Mewtwo is no longer on the CSS.
The usual follow up question:
Q: Why are his files still in the folders, and why have I gotten him in random?
A: His sprites, sound files and etc. are still in the game folders, along with his code in the game, so that once his sprites are done (Slissith is currently working on them, last time I checked) we can add him back in simply by replacing the images and tweaking the code a bit.
From the Everything You Need to Know thread.
Phantom, can you just add this to the OP? It's even in FAQ format.

Also, if anyone's interested, there's a Combo King Contest happening on the forum.

SuperBlackMan

Smash Rookie
Chun-Li is unlocked by beating Classic mode on Normal or harder.
Mr. Game&Watch and Gooey are starters, meaning they're on the CSS from the very start.

From the Everything You Need to Know thread.
Phantom, can you just add this to the OP? It's even in FAQ format.

Also, if anyone's interested, there's a Combo King Contest happening on the forum.
Thats weird cuz I cant play as them. i was assuming u had to unlock them.

is it a 7.0 glitch or error?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
No, G&W and Gooey should be on the CSS from the very beginning.
Did you try the Mewtwo data glitch or something? I've heard that removes G&W and Gooey from the CSS.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
They are on the CSS if you use the patched .exe file.
I unlocked Chun-Li a few days back and was wondering if there was a stage to unlock. There seems to be an missing stage slot.....

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Heeeelllllllllllooooooooooo yyyyyyyeeeeeeellllllllllooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

So yeah dudes. Hella. I was tinkering around with some stuff trying to solve that no down or up tilt issue and then BAM. Right in the kisser. I can't use the controller.

I'm using a wired 360 controller, see.

And now it does not work. Nope. Not one bit. The controls are alllllllll the same and everything. Just......I don't get any RESPONSE, man. No RESPONSE.

Yeah yeah. I realize a keyboard would be superior, but I am used to controllers. And especially if I'm going to hold a tournament. Controller would be the way to go.

Oh well. Besides that. Sick stuff. T-t-totallers, dude. The melee airdodge is probably the big one. None of this "HORF HORF HORF. I'LL JUST JUMP AROUND AND SPAM AIRDODGE AND BE NIGH-INVULNERABLE TO ANYTHING BUT ATTACKS WTH LIKE 12 BILLION ACTIVE FRAMES SINCE I'M A COMPUTER AND DON'T NEED TO REACT TO ANYTHING. YES!"

Now, I can actually get someone in the air and they should be scared! Yay!

Anyway. Yeah. Good stuff and all but with a side dish of HALP as you saw.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
GnW is an amazing character, and I could say arguably the best with Melee Air-Dodge on.

I noticed the fox nerf's, well, just one nerf was noticable, higher cooldown on shine which I think was a good change.

Top Bottom