• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
CPUs are not difficult, and there difficulty should never be used to prove which character is better, the best brawl CPU is luigi, yet he is MUCH worse then metaknight.

:phone:

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Errrrrr hai gaiz1111111!!!!!!

Um. About this Crusade thing.

Okay. I downloaded the stuff.

I don't know how to get it to run.

I was like all over the Crusade forums yesterday looking for a solution or HALP.

Nothing.

Yeah.

I just have a folder with a bunch of random stage, music, and character folders. There's no like GAME START thingie ANYWHERE.

Yeah. What to do. It is too bad, really. It looks kinda super d00per.

I SOOOOO wanted to get down some Metaknight or Fox Crusade games while listening to Blondie or Fleetwood Mac.

HALP.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Looks like you missed the one place that would've answered all your questions.
This download should contain the EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/?7e7w92esjvizd7r
The link in the OP is missing it for some idiot reason, and has been for a while.

@Felipe:
(since we play melee/brawl before everyone in Crusade forums)
I still don't get how playing Melee and Brawl have any relevance whatsoever to what we're talking about. You don't even seem to be wording this part of the sentence right.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Whoops my bad. I think I mighta been confused because there were like a few places the download was at. Thanks dudemanbro. Hopefully this should be cool as ice.

An hour from now I should be rockin' to some Crusade while listening to some Heart of Glass. Sick.

Hopefully I can get the d00ds up here interested in Crusade then we can have TOURNAMENTS and I'll record everything and then put the videos on youtube so everyone can trash talk Alaska and how we're so BAD at EVERYTHING.

<3<3<3

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Whoops my bad. I think I mighta been confused because there were like a few places the download was at. Thanks dudemanbro. Hopefully this should be cool as ice.

An hour from now I should be rockin' to some Crusade while listening to some Heart of Glass. Sick.

Hopefully I can get the d00ds up here interested in Crusade then we can have TOURNAMENTS and I'll record everything and then put the videos on youtube so everyone can trash talk Alaska and how we're so BAD at EVERYTHING.

<3<3<3
that would be AMAZING

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@det: Give me a sign that Dark Link and/or Metal Mario (personally Dark Link if you must). Maybe a picture, sprites, or a video would be helpful.

@devs (or det)
Character Remodels:
Mario and Luigi need to be where there are NO same sprites.
Toon (Young) Link needs FS change. Maybe Rapid Thrust Limit or Light Arrow.
Link needs a new range for his FS.
Fox's FS needs to explode after he gets out.
Knuckles needs an entirely new makeover. Rock Throw as Down Special, Spin Rush as Side.
Krystal needs to be lowered slightly.
Goku should be less MUGEN, more thin. Also with Mega Man.
Peach needs Paper Mario 64's Star Beam. The Beam to use against Bowser's Star Rod invincibility in Paper Mario 64.

These are my opinions.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Have anybody sayd anything agains my arguments??? No because they are true. Fox is top tier and so far nobody have sayd anything to say that is false. Lucas have an infinite no?? it hink you sayd something about it.

And as i sayd before, metaknight is better thank Krystal (As vex sayd) and goku is not top tier (As vex sayd) so if you think we are wrong (since we play melee/brawl before everyone in Crusade forums) then say why we are wrong.
That no one has said they disagree with you is completely false, as I've said that numerous times. :glare:

I main MK and even I don't think he should be higher than Krystal. MK still has to approach everyone, but his matchups seem to be like Marth. He's better than or crushes most characters, but falls behind on characters higher up. Krystal's projectile game is just more effective in most cases, imo.

I still believe Goku is #1. His comparison to most of the cast is like comparing MK to Pit in Brawl. "I'm better than you at what you do". Most projectile characters can't keep up with his projectile spam, and most without a projectile both can't approach well nor can they handle themselves well even if they do approach. Being gimpable alone isn't enough reason to lower him. And that's besides the fact that he isn't that gimpable anyway, i.e. Bomberman.

We aren't saying Fox isn't high tier, but we're saying he isn't as high as you think.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lucas' infinite is practically the same as Krystal, right? The only difference is a lower range? Either way, I agree he should be higher than ZS has him, but only to low mid-tier, not top tier.

If you're saying you're better than everyone on the forums because you've played Melee/Brawl for a while, you're mistaken. Not to mention the fact that I've played 64/Melee/Brawl, as soon as each game came out. :/

I hope that answers your question as to why I think you're wrong. (on some things, I actually agree with you on a lot of other things).

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
That no one has said they disagree with you is completely false, as I've said that numerous times. :glare:

I main MK and even I don't think he should be higher than Krystal. MK still has to approach everyone, but his matchups seem to be like Marth. He's better than or crushes most characters, but falls behind on characters higher up. Krystal's projectile game is just more effective in most cases, imo.

I still believe Goku is #1. His comparison to most of the cast is like comparing MK to Pit in Brawl. "I'm better than you at what you do". Most projectile characters can't keep up with his projectile spam, and most without a projectile both can't approach well nor can they handle themselves well even if they do approach. Being gimpable alone isn't enough reason to lower him. And that's besides the fact that he isn't that gimpable anyway, i.e. Bomberman.

We aren't saying Fox isn't high tier, but we're saying he isn't as high as you think.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lucas' infinite is practically the same as Krystal, right? The only difference is a lower range? Either way, I agree he should be higher than ZS has him, but only to low mid-tier, not top tier.

If you're saying you're better than everyone on the forums because you've played Melee/Brawl for a while, you're mistaken. Not to mention the fact that I've played 64/Melee/Brawl, as soon as each game came out. :/

I hope that answers your question as to why I think you're wrong. (on some things, I actually agree with you on a lot of other things).
Mk is better than krystal because:

Better recovery
- Better Recovery
- Good Combos
- Attacks with low lag and attacks with comes out at the first frame (Dsmash)
- Good Gimp power.

Goku is gimpable, his recovery is bad (not as bad as bobmerman or link, but is bad anyways). Goku haves powerful moves, but he cant combo, he can hit you for 19-25 but after that ....???? If fox gets a grab or A dair you can FFUUUU All you want because is , at least, a 40% combo (If not a 0 to death)

Fox has overall better moves, the best combo potential of the game, kills moves that comes out fast (Usmash, Dsmash, Fsmash. And this tree mvoes can be performed after a shine), a good recovery, can kill virtually any character before 30% (dair is a drill, shine have set knockback, dair> shine is a kill combo, or even shine to shine) . A good edgeguard (Again, dair shine) and high priority on his attacks.

I am not saying lucas is top tier, look at my tier list:

I putted him 11#. (because his infinite, his zair than can grab on MIDAIR XD (thats broken))

if you compare zelda with mines, there is a big diference in certain points:

- He haves Bomberman and Link as as high tiers. They recoverys are the WORST of the entire game, they moves are laggy, have low priority and cant combo too well. Thtas why i have them as bottom tier.

- Ristar lacks from kill moves. his uair Kills at 22% (tested ona fox at the center of FD). i have him as low tier. he as Mid high

- he haves snake as Low tier (w.t.f). he haves the best satge control in the entire game. Residual C4 ( I have to upload a video of that) can pretty much **** all the options of your oponent.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@det: Give me a sign that Dark Link and/or Metal Mario (personally Dark Link if you must). Maybe a picture, sprites, or a video would be helpful.

@devs (or det)
Character Remodels:
Mario and Luigi need to be where there are NO same sprites.
Toon (Young) Link needs FS change. Maybe Rapid Thrust Limit or Light Arrow.
Link needs a new range for his FS.
Fox's FS needs to explode after he gets out.
Knuckles needs an entirely new makeover. Rock Throw as Down Special, Spin Rush as Side.
Krystal needs to be lowered slightly.
Goku should be less MUGEN, more thin. Also with Mega Man.
Peach needs Paper Mario 64's Star Beam. The Beam to use against Bowser's Star Rod invincibility in Paper Mario 64.

These are my opinions.
I can't reveal anything about Dark Link and Metal Mario without permission from Falcon, who's rather busy at the moment dealing with classes and, ya know, finishing 0.7. That Gooey trailer I made was only after I got permission from him. Also, finish your sentences.

And lol, addressing a question to the devs or me. I don't think I'm quite that important, I just know a lot about the game's development because I keep in contact with the devs.
Anyways, in order:
Mario and Luigi are probably going to get new sprites, but they will likely be the same style, probably by the same spriter as well.
Toon Link isn't getting an FS change. It's perfectly fine as a Four Swords reference. And lol, Light Arrow? You want 3 characters to have the exact same Final Smash? Not happening.
Link's FS probably does need a buff.
It doesn't explode in Brawl. Therefore it doesn't have to in Crusade.
Knuckles is perfectly fine as he is. He's been finished since the really early demos.
Lowered meaning what? Krystal is fine as she is, and she may even be getting a new Neutral Special since her current one is 1. Crappy, 2. Useless, and 3. Not canonically correct. It's either going to be a Star Fox Assault-style blaster (chargeable, you can move while charging) or something from Adventures.
Goku is being changed to his JUS sprites.
Why the CRAP would we change Peach? She's the same as she has been the last two games, save for her Neutral Special being Toadsworth instead of Toad due to him being playable.

@Felipe: Residual C4? Pics or it didn't happen. Get on that video with an unmodded stage and Falcon'll get on fixing it.
And Ristar's U-Air kills at 22 percent? Holy crap that's the most powerful U-Air in the game. That alone should be enough to constitute his high placement.
In other words, like I said before, proofread your posts. The 20 seconds it takes is usually worth it.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Lulz i fail, 220% xDDDDDDD

Yeah , wait me a moment. What si the reasoning to remove all the techniques that requeris skill and not the infinites that requires pressing side-b / dowb b????

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Because the ones that "requeris skill", as you put it, are broken. Crusade Cancel, namely. It's also being removed in the next version, so there's no point in learning it in the first place. I haven't even said anything about your little "Residual C4" thing yet since you haven't shown what it does.
Stun Locks aren't banned because they require careful timing and attack placement to pull off, and can be escaped. They're similar to Chain Grabs. Not banned, but usually frowned upon and are very difficult to pull off.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Because the ones that "requeris skill", as you put it, are broken. Crusade Cancel, namely. It's also being removed in the next version, so there's no point in learning it in the first place. I haven't even said anything about your little "Residual C4" thing yet since you haven't shown what it does.
Stun Locks aren't banned because they require careful timing and attack placement to pull off, and can be escaped. They're similar to Chain Grabs. Not banned, but usually frowned upon and are very difficult to pull off.
Your "careful timing" is banned from msot melee torunament ( Wobbling, anyone???)
Is an infinite, same for waluigi, same for lucas, they msut be removed.

And crusade cancel doesnt require ability??? yeah, a 5 frames windows is way to easy to master [/sarcasm]

Residual C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7IangmXZA

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Kay-O. Wow.

Hey. Dev guys.

You guys are god. Seriously.

This is just like, awesome.

T-t-totally dude!

I've GOT to get down a tourney for this. This is too good.

Like, really. One thing I was scared of was the Final Smash. It was like, well, this could be like the best thing ever, but if you always had to play with Final Smashes.......
Thank goodness you can turn them off.

I'm usually skeptical about fan games and stuff but woa ho HO! You guys rock.

Like, really. I only heard about this game around yesterday. I was like "hmm." Fan Smash.

But man. It's really din-danged fun. Yeah.

Time to party like a rockstar.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
When did I say that Crusade Cancel didn't require ability?
Because the ones that "requeris skill", as you put it, are broken. Crusade Cancel, namely.
Read before posting, please. >_>

It's not infinite in the same terms as Waluigi's infinite. That's inescapable. You have to die or escape eventually with Krystal's, escape being the easier option. Not to mention that Falcon's constantly trying to figure out how to make it so you can't chain them together.

And that's not at all how you described the glitch to work. The C4 seems to go off at random after placing it.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I was thinking Lucas at more bottom to mid C at best.

Fox has good priority but low range. Kind of like Luigi, it's good sometimes, and bad other times.

Goku indeed doesn't combo well. He doesn't need to. It's like Snake in Brawl. He doesn't combo, but he can pressure and is fairly hard to kill. He doesn't have the stage control Snake has, but he can keep others away, which fits in well. Goku can afford to not combo because he can do more damage in the long run. I don't know why everything always has to be about combo this and combo that. :/

On the subject of infinites/hard to do things: It doesn't matter how hard something is to do. You have to assume that anyone who does it will do it perfectly. The only things that keep them from being banned is a) It being too situational, i.e. Ice Climbers chaingrab, laser lock or b) They are escapable anyway.

Det mentioned Krystal's lock being escapable. Is Lucas' lock escapable?

Also, 5 frames is too tight? I've seen people powershield MK's Dsmash plenty of times, and that's way harder.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Lucas's was a different situation from Krystal's. The stun isn't canceled if the next hit occurs before the previous wears off, so it technically can be truly infinite. Falcon made it really difficult to make Krystal's stun lock work by making it so the stun would cancel if the opponent was hit with the attack again during the hitstun, so you really just have to time the shots and aim right. The main issue is that a character can DI when the hitstun wears off. In the new version, I think characters are be just plain immune to the Demon Sniper while in any part of its hitstun, maybe even invincible during the knockback phase. Something like that; I don't remember specifically.

NeronZ

Smash Cadet
So since when did Felipe become a developer of this game and also get the goahead to post the game on Rpgmaker.net? its my most visited site next thing i know i see SSBC there....
next thing i know ill find him posting it on another one of my most visited.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Melee airdodges as an option won't be included until the next demo, so it's untestable atm. However, I would assume no, since you can't jump out of most specials. Someone else can test that for sure, though.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Meaning me but I don't have my test demo yet so I can't until later.

@NeronZ: Felipe said he put a note in saying he wasn't actually the developer. If he didn't then there's a problem.
DMX wanted people to post Crusade all over the place, which is why I didn't yell at him for it. So long as you include the OP of this thread somewhere on the page (save for Youtube pages) then it's supposed to be all good.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Nop, youy have to:

Put a c4 > trow a grenade to the c4 > dentonate the c4

And a black, bigger c4 is going to be where the c4 was

EDIT: ninjaed by everyone XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hey neron, go cry to another place. i pasteed the SWF topic.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@det: Where is proof of Crusade having Metal Mario and Dark Link? Send me a PM with two screenshots of Dark Link and Metal Mario. No fakes.

NeronZ

Smash Cadet
Just asking ...
But its nice how you like to be an jerk about everything mr Fellep

dettadeus

Smash Lord
NeronZ and Felipe: Stop flaming each other. >_>
ZFU: Here's a screen that Falcon posted a few months ago with Dark Link:

Happy now? Good. Not happy?
Well guess what?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Easy way to fix the waluigi infinite, Make it so it has a longer start up, or make it so after the move is over, you only have like less then 4 frames of advantage afterwards.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Hey guys, i am extracting the framed data of crusade, thats what i have for now:

damage argument0 the percent damage caused by an attack
bkb argument2 the base knockback dealt regardless of damage percentage
kbg argument3 the knockback growth relative to the foe's precentage
shield_damage argument4 the amount of shield-breaking power a move has
hitlag_frames argument5 the amount of hitlag caused by an attack, in frames (the game runs at 60 fps)
time argument13 the amount of time the hitbox remains
priority argument14 the power an attack has to overcome other attacks, on a scale of 0 to 4

Well, messing with the code iw as able to see the data of each attack, so, i will post it here for future analysis:

Mario

Jab:

Damage: 4
base knockback: 1.45
Knockback growth: 0 (Fixed knockback)
Shield Damage: 3
hitlag frames: 4
Time: 4
Priority: 1

Ftilt

Damage: 9
base knockback: 5
Knockback growth: 5
Shield Damage: 10
hitlag frames: 6
Time: 6
Priority: 2

Dtilt

Damage: 7
base knockback: 5.5
Knockback growth: 3.3
Shield Damage: 9
hitlag frames: 5
Time: 5

Utilt:

Damage: 8 (*2nd hitbox = 6)
base knockback: 3.5 ( * = 3.8)
Knockback growth: 5 (* = 3.5)
Shield Damage: 10 (* = 8)
hitlag frames: 5 (+ = 5)

Usmash

the attack comes 10 frames after is performed.

from frame 10 to 14 the hitbox is the next:

Damage: 15
base knockback: 6.1
Knockback growth: 7.5
Shield Damage: 19
hitlag frames: 9
Time: 8

After 14 the hitbox data changes to:

Damage: 16
base knockback: 6.3
Knockback growth: 7.5
Shield Damage: 20
hitlag frames: 9
Time: ???

And the attack finishs at frame 39

Dsmash

Comes out frame 7

Damage: 15
base knockback: 6.1
Knockback growth: 6.7
Shield Damage: 18
hitlag frames: 10

At frame 15 it changes to

Damage: 14
base knockback: 6
Knockback growth: 6.4
Shield Damage: 18
hitlag frames: 8

And last until frame 32

Fsmash

Comes out frame 13 (in 7 the spark animations appear) And it haves 2 hitbox (* = weak)

Damage: 17 (*=12)
base knockback: 6.5 (*=6.75)
Knockback growth: 7.9 (*=6.25)
Shield Damage: 23 (*=17)
hitlag frames: 11 (*=9)
Time: 3 (*=9)
Priority: 4 (*=2)

And it last until frame 43

This for now....

EDIT: LOL Fox upb is broken xDDD at frame 7 his up b haves superarmor until frame 24 and it comes out at frame 42 with a priority of 3 xcD

Lol Down b is broken aswell XDDD It comes out frame 2, it haves a fixed knockback of 5.1 with a fixed direction of 362 degrees :3

EDIT ": LOLOLOLOL GOKU IS NOT BROKEN XD!!!!!!!! Fsmash have a priority of 1 XDDDD Fox down b have a prioity of 2 XD!!!!!!!!!

All of his smashs have a priority of 2, uair have a prioity of 3 XP

Mmmm wanna hear something interesting??? Kamehameha Knockback, base nkockback and damage are determinated by the size of the attacker.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Lol I want to see you consistently shine Goku's Fsmash. XD

That data isn't taking into account hitbox size and location, you know. It also doesn't take disjoints into consideration.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
in fact, it takes in count, i didnt post it, each hitbox have a x and y position.

xD

EDIT: yeah, i can do it consistently xD

Btw, all of Link attacks have a a lag supperior to 32 frames Dx Dair is 68, uair is 54.

An, guess how long is needed to charge Toad neutral b? 264 frames. 4 seconds XD

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Lulz. yeah i know Frame data doesnt mean all (And yes, i saw the last post on forums, infract them please XDDD) but link doesnt have reedeming points. All of his attacks have a considerable landing lag. And he have a bad approach. the only thing that he haves is priority (Dair haves the biggest priority of the game)

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Lulz. yeah i know Frame data doesnt mean all (And yes, i saw the last post on forums, infract them please XDDD) but link doesnt have reedeming points. All of his attacks have a considerable landing lag. And he have a bad approach. the only thing that he haves is priority (Dair haves the biggest priority of the game)
I'm actually working with Link a bit more, and I think he does have some potential if he's played right. More spacing than combos. I might post on Crusade forums later.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I am not saying Link cannot be played good, but it requires a lot of more dedication to play it good. If you commit an error with Link, you are ****ed xD but if you, for example, fail a dair with metaknight, nothing happens, because he doesnt have the lag link haves.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying he's not subpar, I just think he's better than you do. Not much difference in opinion, honestly. XD

Top Bottom