• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
:p wonder if hes going to make Masterhand any harder. He seems like the most easiest thing to fight in intense mode after getting bashed around by the AIs.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
So guys. Roster update time.

Rival was recently replaced by Zoroark.
BUT OH WAIT THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED.
Zoroark replaced Pokemon Trainer (Brawl), and Rival Trainer (who's now called Pokemon Trainer) has Charizard, Gengar, and Scizor.
What are your opinions on this? Pretty much everyone over on the forum is in a frenzy because we THOUGHT we had fixed the Pokemon rep issue when in reality we just went from one issue to another.

THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.
Pokemon Trainer is now Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Gengar, Scizor, and an undecided pokemon. Switching out mid-battle will bring up a small select screen and you choose which pokemon to switch to out of the other five. DMX also had the idea of being able to select which trainer you're playing as, but Phantom didn't comment on the idea.
The undecided pokemon MAY be Absol.
None of this is confirmed yet.

(this is though)
Also, just letting you guys know that DLC isn't completely out of the picture yet. :3

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Whoa, that's a lot of characters for Pokemon Trainer, and Scizor <3
Are you guys going to have different character colors? Because that would be a really great opportunity to put in different trainers and shiny pokemon. Pokemon games should have more than two palletes for each Pokemon inside the game for you guys to use if you need something to base more colors off too.

LOL Silly Brawl players (just kidding), wavedashing was found in the development phase AND tweaked hence the 10 frames of landing lag. Sakurai said it himself in a Nintendo Power magazine interview. About 4 years ago.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I lol'd at the comment about how using glitches or even just physics exploits (even though wavedashing was intentional) "isn't the way to play". If it hasn't become obvious from looking at any of the Smash tourney scenes, as long as it doesn't provide characters with particularly broken or detrimental options (Meta Knight's IDC or D3's/Falco's CG on any stage with walls), it's fair game. And claims about wavedashing as a glitch are kind of ridiculous when DACUS exists.

I don't want to start a huge argument here, but "playing as it was intended" is basically saying "I'm going to limit my capabilities because the developer said so".

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wavedashing was not coded with wavedashing in mind, though. It was coded as "okay let's not stop momentum on landing that'd be weird and clanky" and "let's make airdodges put you into helpless but i think it's better if we make them move so that they aren't useless"

DACUS however is legitimately inside of the code on purpose as cancelling dash attack with up smash.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Wavedashing was not coded with wavedashing in mind, though. It was coded as "okay let's not stop momentum on landing that'd be weird and clanky" and "let's make airdodges put you into helpless but i think it's better if we make them move so that they aren't useless"

DACUS however is legitimately inside of the code on purpose as cancelling dash attack with up smash.
Wut

Are you saying the developers created on purpose DACUS, but not wavedash??? Sorry, something is wrong in that statement.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The results of a wavedash were created on purpose though. They did not anticipate an air dodge code fix to be used the way it was.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You just contradicted yourself.
Wavedashing was not coded on purpose, airdodge momentum & momentum being conserved during landing were coded separately without application of the two together in mind.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Can we save this for some Melee discussion thread? >_>
The point is that wavedashing doesn't work in Crusade, hence it is called Crusadashing and is only useful for fake jumps.

Uhm... not a whole lot of news to report... There may be a patch soon fixing a bunch of glitches (mostly G&W) and possibly with new Kirby sprites.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm not contradicting myself go look up what contradicting means jesus christ.
Wavedashing is airdodges conserving momentum, and using it to space.
Wavedashing is not jumping and landing and sliding a short distance.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Man, the Devs coded how the momentum was conserved in landing. They found Wavedash in development and they TWEAKED it (10 frames of landing lag). They coded it.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Man, the Devs coded how the momentum was conserved in landing. They found Wavedash in development and they TWEAKED it (10 frames of landing lag). They coded it.
you are an airhead and i'm done trying to explain things to you. bye.

detta...what exactly are these patches patching.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Then I just have one thing.

For the next version, can you please use the sound effects and voices for the first two SSB titles?

Because really, the sound effects in SSBB were horrible to hear. Especially the "slashing" sounds.

...okay, my suggestion is more of a request. Sorry.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Do you have to do Single Player at a certain level to unlock Chun-li? I just did it on easy and I don't have anything.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've asked this before, a long time ago. I'm curious if the answer is going to change at this point in development though.

Have you thought about getting Goku his JUS sprites?

What about giving Ryu and Chun Li there Namco x Capcom sprites?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I actually liked Link's slashing SFX in Brawl, but not much else.
His slashing sounds are ok. Ike's are pretty good too (and his hit effects are actually really good). It's the universal slash hit sounds that are beyond awful. It sounds like you're getting poked, not cut.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You guys may be not aware of this, but Link's slashing sounds are mostly the universal ones in Brawl.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I've asked this before, a long time ago. I'm curious if the answer is going to change at this point in development though.

Have you thought about getting Goku his JUS sprites?

What about giving Ryu and Chun Li there Namco x Capcom sprites?
Why didn't anyone answer this? Goku is getting his JUS sprites with some recoloring. I don't know about Ryu and Chun Li, but wasn't Ryu already changed?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Evil Ryu got different sprites, Ryu's stayed the same. Chun-Li is presumably keeping her sprites.
Although there's someone making a new Ryu sheet, IIRC.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
Well guys
Look at this reply to a thread I made called "dis forum is ded" in relation to how it has been VERY inactive lately:
Dr.MarioX said:
I know what'll cheer you up- I'm starting on a Mario fan-game and Phantom's working on an Ocarina of Time Resynthesized project (you can find it on Youtube)....It's not the forums that are dying- this project is dying too. People have just gotten tired of the game and the forums.

What's Falcon8r doing? Nothing at the slightest, I believe, that involves this game. The last thing I know he did was add Ice Cap Zone in JULY.

JULY.

We're almost in October now. If 0.8 does happen, it won't be holiday season, unless it only has a new stage and new character- if that.

If nothing else happens here, it may be best just to show everyone the roster....lol
So yep. This might be the last you'll hear from me, here or there.
RIP Crusade.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
The only Smash fanproject to rival Super Overrated Flash 2 dies this way? not counting SSLand because it's different league Hell no. You still have my support.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
This game isn't dying if I have anything to do about it.

So far the devs are convinced that simply releasing the game and making it open-source like a massive Smash-MUGEN is a good idea.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
i like the mugen'ish feel to this game but making it a smash version of mugen would be a stupid idea, i've had enough of "derk super sayain 3 lugiachu" 's and "evil mecha teilz the hedgehog"'s.

btw are you guys planning to have and guilty gear characters?

Top Bottom