• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'm in the process of making balancing changes. That's the main thing holding up the release of the patch. I've done around 12 characters so far and plan to be done completely by the end of June.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
the only anime character that i like and wish to be in smash is goku...yeah i like naruto and one piece too but i don´t like their games so i don´t want to see them in smash....in his first and third game rayman used his fist to beat the enemys so why shouldn´t he be in a smash game???

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Literally read the OP and was like "okay let's see how many posts it'll take to get a SSF2 diss"

Good on you guys though, should encourage hype a lot to have the ability to throw in a surprise here and there.

We're not fans of having so many anime characters in smash.

That makes us even. :p
I wish it did; but I've got 3 words for your roster argument.
Duck.
Hunt.
Dog.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Literally read the OP and was like "okay let's see how many posts it'll take to get a SSF2 diss"

Good on you guys though, should encourage hype a lot to have the ability to throw in a surprise here and there.

I wish it did; but I've got 3 words for your roster argument.
Duck.
Hunt.
Dog.

SuperBlackMan

Smash Rookie
Its prolly not on da list of updates but have you guys found a way to implement voice chatting? I mean Hamachi is nice but has there been any thought on voice chat? I know there's other programs like X-Fire that can do voice chat on the side, but I just figured you guys wud some how come up with ur own thing lol

Also I've noticed the pics of 0.7 . . . .The mugs shots in 0.8 lost that unique text thing. Why?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Okay I have downloaded version 0.8 and I have a slight problem with the gameplay.

Why must the characters always run? Why can't they walk? This screws me up in using forward Strong Attacks, as well as making some good footwork.

Also, MVC Megaman? Really?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Eh, I didn't input that into my USB Controller.

Though still, I like to double tap the Left/Right D-Pad just like most 2D games.

And while I can do Forward Smash Attack just fine the normal way, I still have trouble doing Forward Strong("tilt") Attacks this way.

Compare to this, I find SSF2's gameplay easier.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
You need to put a really small amount of delay between inputting forward and attack to get a forward tilt out, whereas for a Smash you have to make both inputs within a few frames of each other (or use the Smash button).

Also, by using the Smash button, you can perform any smash attack to cancel your run. You can also cancel your stopping motion by inputting a tilt, jab, or shield if you input it quickly enough.

You'll get used to it.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
http://pastebin.com/JJwUH8kA

Just letting people know there MIGHT be a few changes around here, depends heavily on Falcon right now.
For reference, in that pastebin:
Ethan = Me
Felipe = Felipe
Bernie = GigaPichu (our current head spriter)
Smash King = SmashKing201 (stage roster discussion leader, general spriting help)
Evan = PhantomVII (original OP of this thread and founder of the game)
Connor = DrMarioX (did some spriting, founder of the game)
Alex = Falcon88 (main coder, founder of the game).

Just for clarification, that's from our FB dev group.

Oh yeah, also disregard any posts made by the FaceBook page for the time being. Phantom is running it right now, he de-admined everyone else and has been deleting posts and posting unofficial polls and content.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I feel bad for laughing at some of these :x

Especially..
Felipe Andres Montero Diaz You still do ****ty sprites : 3
Hace 16 minutos ·

Connor Rentz Go back to your ranch, pony.
Hace 15 minutos ·
But uh, anyway... how are they claiming ownership of other people's sprites anyway? I understand code, but the sprites?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I feel bad for laughing at some of these :x

Especially..

But uh, anyway... how are they claiming ownership of other people's sprites anyway? I understand code, but the sprites?
I laughted a lot too, but that was a pretty bad joke xPPPPP

MaxThunder

PM Support
No but the brawl airdodge is kinda... a lot safer and stuff... I just don't see the point of being able to choose between brawl and melee airdodge when there's no wavedashing...

dettadeus

Smash Lord
-Extra recovery for certain characters (Jigglypuff, G&W)
-CrusaDashing
-Jump-Cancelled attacks can go to ground state instead of jumping state (Shine, Spindash)
-Makes airdodging more punishable and thus a less viable option for resetting positions or getting out of combos

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
It'd be nice if you guys could get traction/air to ground momentum someday, for both wavedashing and making the game feel a lot smoother.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I think that's actually one of the things Jaklub was working on recently.
I remember him mentioning it after Felipe started complaining on the chat, lol.

LucarioValkyrie

Smash Rookie
hows it goin?

i have always been a smash bros brawl fan, and this looks great though i think you need lucario in it, maybe he can have a combo or super mode as his final smash like pokemon type wild for instance, always played him and i cant beleave people say hes not that good! and watching this fresh game coming into fruitation i thought why not, though it is a bit of a bummer to hear they are replacing him with mewtwo (or so i hear) in the new game coming out, also grants! on the new smash feature (my bro spams rob on ssmb and with his thrusters 95% of the the time he gets it, still cream him though :p) and the hordes of new characters, i wish you all the best of luck!

-LucarioValkyrie

Top Bottom