• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
@jaap001 no problem :D i play crusade most too i only played the classic to see how it is and how good i am with lucario in hard mode....and yeah i bet an i didn´t need a continue xDD because i had 0 lives and xDD that was awesome xDD

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Thank you!:)

But it will be hard with that glitch...i'll try again or watch for it myself.

I don't wanna try online now,i'm trying to improve!

It doesn't glitch anymore!YAY!

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
New problem. No one else seems to be having this happen to them. Whenever I go to play online, the entire game will slow down dramatically, and over time my inputs will take longer and longer to register, eventually capping out at 5-6 seconds. This doesn't happen with anyone else I've played when I'm not in the room. I'm not sure what's causing this.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
From what it sounds like, your internet connection isn't too good.

SuperBlackMan

Smash Rookie
Haha I mentioned this in a match today. It might take time and/or more programming but maybe you guys shud consider (if not already) creating one server that only SSBC players can connect to through the game and showing everyone who is hosting a game and waiting for players to join like most multiplayer games. Having profile info like names, ping, wins/loses. Nothing fancy just an easy way to play online with everyone. Its an idea and it might make the online experience way more exciting and fun. If this is possible lol then i think you guys should shoot for it in the future

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hosting a server just for Crusade multiplayer would be extremely difficult to do, a hassle to manage, and requires money to keep running so it's very unlikely if not impossible unless somebody wants to donate a server for it. It definitely would be a lot cooler than local online play though.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
They don't have sprites at the moment, but I was thinking of spriting Sheik and possibly Zelda after I finish R.O.B.
Anyone who can be sprited within the next 10 or so months would have a good chance of being in 0.9.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
From what it sounds like, your internet connection isn't too good.
I know it's good, because I constantly host servers on another game on a regular basis and people have no problem joining. I can handle around 20 connections at once and the game will still be at full speed. I've ever only experienced this massive slow-down with Crusade.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
If it's not caused by your connection, then there may be a few other reasons for that. Perhaps you were running something particularly heavy then, which made Crusade slow down and unable to keep up with host (increasing lag being caused by that, as hoster has set input lag and it would not increase if you were hosting the Crusade session).

SSBCPlayer007

Smash Rookie
for v0.8

i think we should update the version with win poses and win screen from Smash 64 and each character victory themes instead of the players number and characters, their kos falls SDs etc. etc.:bee:

SuperBlackMan

Smash Rookie
LOL I looked in the folders of v0.8 and i noticed the picture. It states "Warning!, Challenger approaching. New foe has appeared. Is that not in the demo or is it gonna be in v0.9?

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
LOL I looked in the folders of v0.8 and i noticed the picture. It states "Warning!, Challenger approaching. New foe has appeared. Is that not in the demo or is it gonna be in v0.9?
About that, I think it wasn't implemented, why i have no clue, but, It's a shame you only have to fulfill the requirements, instead of fighting the character and beating him to unlock him/her... I was unpleasantly surprised when I unlocked a character, without fighting him... :urg:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I think something should be fix'd with mother chars,sakurai said he DIDN'T want the effects to be like in the game,but there was a description of how it looked like,and so he could do the effects like it should look like:luca's D and Sspecial and ness's FS need to be changed(not the move,the design)!

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY, Toon Link got his TRUE name. Now we need Ganon, Zelda, and Young Link (Melee). We also need Resident Evil's coolest hero, Leon S. Kennedy, sprites textured from RE6 in Crusade.

Note: Since Crusade wants most veterans from Melee and Brawl, Young Link is a Melee character, and he has to be included 'w'.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Young Link is combined with Toon Link. You might not have noticed, but he even has his Fire Spike. Totally caught me off-guard the first time.

And the roster's been finalized for months now, and I'm pretty sure we don't have R.E. characters on it.

SSBCPlayer007

Smash Rookie
FINALLY, Toon Link got his TRUE name. Now we need Ganon, Zelda, and Young Link (Melee). We also need Resident Evil's coolest hero, Leon S. Kennedy, sprites textured from RE6 in Crusade.

Note: Since Crusade wants most veterans from Melee and Brawl, Young Link is a Melee character, and he has to be included 'w'.
I agree about the Young Link (Melee) part because the reason i want Young Link from Melee to be in SSBC is because i want to make a duel of TOON link from brawl against the OoT link from Melee.

exeldex

Smash Rookie
I downloaded its great

the quality is amazing. not as good as console game of course but unbeleivably great for a fan game!:awesome : :linkbrawl: :linkbrawl: :linkbrawl:

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Hey, detta, rosters are never final until the final version of the game...or if you continue making versions after 1.0, like a 1.1. Anyways, Leon is a master of acrobatics, and would be a better choice than Krystal or Mach Rider (more definitely Krystal). Look, just replace a character for Leon OR Young Link.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Again. The roster is final. And that's final.
Had you been on the forum around October, November, and December when we were making changes and finalizing it, you could've suggested something like that.

Although Young Link will technically get into CrusaDLC on account of him being a Melee vet, but he'll be an alt like Doc and Pichu.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
yeeeeey pichuuuu^^ i hae a question about the DLCs....will you make it like ssf2 that ebverybody can send in a special thread his character and then you will look if this chara is good enough to be in a dlc or will your team make every chara??? or can we make wishlists for dlc charas??? if we can make wishlist i wish that Klonoa is in a dlc pack^^ this would be great^^ (sorry for my bad grammar.......)

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@the 3 guys: Your talking to a guy who can create a new Marluxia Idol, run, and attacks.

@dettadeus: We got Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Capcom, Rare, and Namco, but no Square Enix. Really? What about Blizzard, too. Can we at least let Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, Marluxia's Dusk (google it), or Roxas be a boss on Crusade.

Here are good reasons:

Ansem
Who wouldn't want him to be Classic or Adventure's Boss? He is a big, fast, and powerful man. If he is in, it would be an HP battle.

Marluxia's Dusk Form
Aside from so many animations (which I can easily complete fast), this one is large, and has high HP. If this is in, it will be HP as well.

Roxas
Okay, great music, Synch Bladed, and extremely fast and powerful, this kid can indefinitely kick ***. If he is in, it would be a regular Crusade-like battle.

These guys can even be on Story Mode. Hopefully, you guys didn't create a Story Mode entirely yet. I can create a script, too.

If Leon S. Kennedy can't be in as a normal character, why not make him as an alternative character? Who is the closest to Leon's style? Snake! Snake and Leon are: The same height, skill, and speed. And they can also use grenades, rocket lauchers, and mines. Leon has only 2 differences: needs a gun, and a recovery move.

Moves:
B: Silver Ghost
Side B: Rocket Launcher 65%/Handcannon (S&W500) 35%
Down B: Grenade Throw
Up B: Knife Spin (like Link's Spin Attack)
Final Smash: P.R.L. 412
Consider him (Leon) as an alternate ego.
Note: The %s on his Side Special are the chances that happen. The Handcannon is more powerful, so there is less of a chance than the Rocket Launcher.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Huh. Well, we need a more important representation, like Cloud, Sephiroth or Sora.

I have some item, stage, assist character and mode suggestions:

Items:
Triforce (Zelda Series)
Great Fairy Sword (TLoZ:MM)
Fierce Deity Mask/Sword (TLoZ:MM)
Fairy Bow and Fire/Ice Arrows (TLoZ:OoT)
Ice Flower (opposite of Fire Flower)
Parablock (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Master Ball (Pokémon)
Fire Cap (Kirby)
Umbrella (Kirby)
Force Field (Star Fox)
Benelli M4 Super 90 (Resident Evil)
Heckler & Koch VP-70M (Resident Evil 2)
Thompson Sub-machine Gun (Resident Evil 3)
Semi-Auto Rifle (Resident Evil 4)
AK-74 (Resident Evil 5)
Wrench (Game and Watch)
Stephano (Statue from Amnesia: The Dark Descent)

Stages:
Kokiri Forest
Forest Temple
Temple of Time
Clock Town
Skyloft
Hazy Maze Cave
Freezeflame Galaxy
Dragoon
Halberd
Poké Colesseum
Cerulean City
Raccoon City
Salazar's Castella
Shanty Town

Assist Character:
Saria
Dark Mario
Larxene
Vexen
Zexion
Lexaeus
Dr. Salvador or Chainsaw Majini
Executioner
Super Salvador (Mega Dr. Salvador)
Uruburos
Licker
Lickerβ
Albert Wesker
Chris Redfield

Modes:
Target Test Advanced
Story Mode: Crusade for the Light
Boss Challenges:
HP Boss Battles
Percentage Boss Battles
Classic Mode Advanced
Multi-Man:
1000 Man Crusade*
30 Minute Crusade
Tormential Crusade
Events Plus

*Note: 1000 Man Crusade has to have Sinister Shadows as its Music, much like the Main Menu.
Also, Stephano is one of PewDiePie's custom character names. You know about him, guys. Sorry for the LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Comment.

D

Deleted member

Huh. Well, we need a more important representation, like Cloud, Sephiroth or Sora.
Mascot of Square and FF > Overrated pieces of crap and one that's owned by Disney.

Try suggesting a legitimate FF rep, like the Warrior of Light.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
Chocobo is Final Fantasy's mascot (correct me if I'm wrong)
Notice how Pikachu got in before Red did
This makes him much more important than Cloud/Sephiroth
Also Sora is owned by Disney
EDIT: Ninja'd

D

Deleted member

No. They aren't.
They are main or supporting characters of one game in the series each. Chocobo is the ****ing MASCOT.
The only one that sarpasses Chocobo in terms of representation is the Warrior of Light, the "Marth" of the series.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
If Sora's owned by Disney, why isn't HE in one of the shows. Epic company pwnage, sucka.

OK, the Warrior of Light guy could be better than a Chocobo. A Black Mage would also be better, right?

Top Bottom