• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Z? It's Not a Dream - It's Real

Which fantasy Smash Bros. title would you want to play the most?

• Smash Bros: DBZ Edition

Votes: 183 26.3%
  • Smash Bros: Final Fantasy Edition

Votes: 131 18.8%
  • Smash Bros: Capcom Edition

Votes: 166 23.9%
  • Smash Bros: Comic Books Edition

Votes: 80 11.5%
  • Smash Bros: Metal Gear Solid Edition

Votes: 51 7.3%
  • Smash Bros: Another Edition That I've Commented About Below!

Votes: 84 12.1%

• Total voters

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
looked pretty awful tbh....
The aura is terrible, especially Vegeta's. And the ki blasts look really rigid and awkward.The character animations are aight. They could be better; I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to get it right though. I can see what you mean by awful, but it's kind of to be expected.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While the animations still need plenty of work, I'm liking this.

Now if only there was some way to save and switch between multiple Brawl mods easily...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

This needs to help in order to make all of the rabid DBZ fans extremely salty.

As for a Smash Mod Crossover, I would say I would literally die if Super Force Bros. was a thing. Characters such as Luke, Han, Chewie, and even Jar Jar that damages himself with his attacks.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So do I just put these files in an SD card and boot up brawl?

Doesnt seem so simple xD

Throwing my vote in the comments. Fire Emblem.

Three heroes from each game, each with their own moveset. Ten palettes per character, nine of which are tributes to characters closes to each of them in their own games. Including team costumes. This would mean Allen and Lance for Roy since he already has their palettes in Melee and they work as team colors, along with Marcus, Wolt, Guinevere, Cecilia, Idoun, Bors (starting party), and Marth since Roy's already a semi-clone of him in Melee :troll:.
Lilina, Eliwood, Lyndis, and Hector would already be playable, so no need for their palettes on Roy.
His FE6 cape is blue so his default could easily work for a blue team costume.

Brawl doesn't really have enough room for one villain per game, so if I were to do that, I'd have to wait until the Wii U has reliable smash modding. Julius as a villain for FE4 could be really cool, with palettes based on his family members and other FE villains.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
hopefully these guys are planning on putting the time in to make the game look pretty. This is something I've wanted to see for a longg time, but it looks like it needs a lot of polishing before its ready to be played. Cant wait to see more tho!

VenomCB

Smash Cadet
I started making a hack pack like this once for brawl... Looks like someone else actually finished the idea!

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
This looks great! I can't wait to see what the future holds for modding Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

>definitely will never happen
You don't know Brawl modding too well, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

calikingz01

Smash Rookie
I really like how he's not giving me credit for the hard work I put into Teen Gohan and Future Trunks. If your going to use my mods at least give credit. Not hard at all. :glare:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Super Smash Bros.: id Edition
Dangerous Dave vs. Commander Keen vs. Blazkowicz

Back on topic though; I like what they've done here, I'm not a real fan of DBZ but I have imagined the characters I remember to move and attack like that in a Smash-like game. Good job!

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
Sure can't wait to play "Smash Bros: Another Edition That I've Commented About Below!"

Just kidding, I would really like an Anime V.S. Cartoons Smash Bros.
Come on! Who wouldn't want to play as Wilt from Foster's against Shinji-
uh, nevermind

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Oh, how much I would want a Mario edition of Smash Bros... (including spin-offs only and sub-series characters, like Daisy, King Boo, Waluigi, Captain Toad... and also all the WarioWare and WarioLand characters like Kat & Ana, Ashley, 9-Volt, Mona, Captain Syrup, Queen Merelda, Princess Shokora, Dr Crygor, Penny, Dribble and Spitz, etc...)

A Pokemon edition would be nice too (being able to play with each and every pokemon with a different moveset each would be just perfect for a Pokemon edition of Smash Bros).

And a Kirby edition too! (including more obscure characters like Prince Fluff, Magolor and Bandanna Dee, and possibly even more!)

I would also LOVE a ultra-modifiable version of Smash Bros! (being able to add any and every character and/or stage and/or OST would be nice)

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Now the moon gravity suits the game
And I just want a full Pokemon Version of smash bros

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
quoting this because there appear to be some misconceptions spreading across the other gaming sites
@ The Derrit The Derrit

There appears to be a lot of misinformation in this article. Let me clear some stuff up.
  1. All of the characters and stages in those videos are publicly available on Brawl Vault.

2. インD MARK-2 didn't make these mods. The Teen Gohan one in particular was made by CaliKingz01. Here's a link to it. The rest can be found by simply searching on Brawl Vault (along with many, many other characters like this).

3. This modpack could easily be assembled within a day (if that). The "Japanese Modding Team" is probably just one person compiling various hacks that have been released on Brawl Vault over the years. There's virtually no original work in this pack. It's not remotely comparable to mods like 20XX or Brawl Minus.

These mods are cool, yes, but it's all been around for years and this article misattributes quite a lot of stuff.
while there probably is some original work in there, much of that stuff is simply not it

Last edited:

YurtZoire

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMajesticDerm
3DS FC
4699-8545-0583
Lolol uhh, this.. Kinda looks underwhelming ._. Leave DBZ alone plz

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Super Smash Bros: Sony Edition?
I still want to see this happen. With actual smash bros mechanics and a better and larger roster it would be better than PASBR by default. Then I can live my dream and main Tomba, Robbit or Pepsi Man.:troll:

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Alright, I absolutely abhor Dragonball and all it stands for.

But seeing these themed mods of Brawl for other series is always neat. What fanboy doesn't have outlandish Smash fantasies like that?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I've always wanted Super Smash Bros: Everything Edition.

DARTH VADER VS. HARRY POTTER HYPE
Same.

But for individual franchises? It's not really what Smash Bros was built for. Most franchises don't even have enough characters to fill an entire roster, and the ones that were mentioned in the poll and the original post already have fighting games with different engines.

Top Bottom