• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Z? It's Not a Dream - It's Real

Which fantasy Smash Bros. title would you want to play the most?

• Smash Bros: DBZ Edition

Votes: 183 26.3%
  • Smash Bros: Final Fantasy Edition

Votes: 131 18.8%
  • Smash Bros: Capcom Edition

Votes: 166 23.9%
  • Smash Bros: Comic Books Edition

Votes: 80 11.5%
  • Smash Bros: Metal Gear Solid Edition

Votes: 51 7.3%
  • Smash Bros: Another Edition That I've Commented About Below!

Votes: 84 12.1%

• Total voters

BoZo_

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros: Horror movies.

All horror movie villains, monsters, freaks, etc.

To be honest I just want a horror movie fighting game.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros: Horror movies.

All horror movie villains, monsters, freaks, etc.

To be honest I just want a horror movie fighting game.
You ever seen the fan game Terrordrome? It looks amazing! It has Leatherface, Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, two Jasons and more.

I think that Netherrealm could one day make an official horror fighting game. They've made Freddy and Jason, the two biggest slasher villains into fighters, so they should be able to do the same to other horror villains and heroes.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
@ The Derrit The Derrit

There appears to be a lot of misinformation in this article. Let me clear some stuff up.
  1. All of the characters and stages in those videos are publicly available on Brawl Vault.

2. インD MARK-2 didn't make these mods. The Teen Gohan one in particular was made by CaliKingz01. Here's a link to it. The rest can be found by simply searching on Brawl Vault (along with many, many other characters like this).

3. This modpack could easily be assembled within a day (if that). The "Japanese Modding Team" is probably just one person compiling various hacks that have been released on Brawl Vault over the years. There's virtually no original work in this pack. It's not remotely comparable to mods like 20XX or Brawl Minus.

These mods are cool, yes, but it's all been around for years and this article misattributes quite a lot of stuff.
1. At no point did I insinuate that this was not the case.
2. At no point did I insinuate or imply that the YouTuber in question made the mod.
3. Someone put together the version of the game used. If you know who, then feel free to let me know. If you don't, the general Japanese modding team term that I used is perfectly acceptable given that someone, or some group of people who is Japanese (given the game version used) put it together.

Your first two points have no merit. The third is a nitpick at best. There is no 'misleading' going on here. If you'd like to further educate me so that this can be more accurate in your eyes, by all means do so. But if you're just here to try and poke holes in this story because I'm not as specific as you had hoped, you could be putting your time to much better use than you are.

miniyodadude

Smash Rookie
I feel for a modded fighting game in which the modders add new characters, they should mod soul caliber iv. I know this is a smash forum, but sc has more potential move sets and animation. It's both realistic and cartoonish enough to add characters ranging from Pokemon to Mortal Kombat.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
@ The Derrit The Derrit - The fact that you say stuff like:
One Japanese modding team has taken it a step further, and created Super Smash Bros. Brawl Z.

Make sure to head over to the インD MARK-2 YouTube channel if you want to see more - if you speak Japanese, you might even be able to find a download link somewhere!
Makes it very heavily seem like it's something that they created, not that it's a compilation of hacks. The fact that almost none of the comments acknowledge such (Other than those who frequent KC-MM/Brawl hacks) is further evidence that the article is misleading at best.

You're typically a pretty good writer, and more open to criticism, I don't know why you're being so defensive here. :ohwell:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Makes it very heavily seem like it's something that they created, not that it's a compilation of hacks. The fact that almost none of the comments acknowledge such (Other than those who frequent KC-MM/Brawl hacks) is further evidence that the article is misleading at best.

You're typically a pretty good writer, and more open to criticism, I don't know why you're being so defensive here. :ohwell:
I'm being 'defensive' because someone is openly accusing me of being misleading based on a pointed, not at all definitive interpretation of what I wrote. Saying you can find a download link doesn't mean that they made it. It's a mod. Usually people who make videos of mods have a link to where people can learn more in the description of their videos.

The fact that I didn't say, period, what you're implying I said should be reason enough. Also, nobody has given me better information on where this has come from. Also, nobody has asked where this came from, except the people who already seem to know, who have at this point *still* not enlightened me on the particulars, but instead continued to insist I'm being intentionally misleading, which I'm not in any capacity.

You and whoever else can be armchair critics all you want, but unless you want to give me more details on the minutia of this particular case, which clearly nobody can be bothered to do, then I'm fine with leaving it as is. 99.9999% of people who watch this will just say 'cool I love DBZ and Smash' and go about their day, and if only two of the nearly 30,000 people who have already read this article are going to complain about it because of really no more than the principle of the thing, while also being incredibly unhelpful as to informing me on the *actual* creators of the mods and compilations, I'm not going to put lots of extra time in to rectify the article for the <5,000 people who will likely see this article in the future.

That's why I'm being defensive.

Last edited:

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god, could you imagine a Skyloft-esque Orbis stage? 12 year old me would **** his pants.
That would be epic, If that was really a thing, We would probably expect the henesys hunting ground, or a stage where it goes to all of the different towns like kerning, ludibrum, henesys, ellina, and perion.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
1. At no point did I insinuate that this was not the case.
2. At no point did I insinuate or imply that the YouTuber in question made the mod.
Reread what you wrote. You heavily implied this was the case. Do you seriously think that the people who read this article won't jump to the conclusion that said Youtuber made those mods? You don't have to explicitly state something to imply it to your audience. As a writer, you should know that.

3. Someone put together the version of the game used. If you know who, then feel free to let me know. If you don't, the general Japanese modding team term that I used is perfectly acceptable given that someone, or some group of people who is Japanese (given the game version used) put it together.
My point with #3 was that there is a huge difference between creating a mod such as Project M or 20XX, and creating a hack pack. What you posted was a video of a hack pack. More effort goes into creating a single Stage in PM or 20XX than could possibly have gone into that pack. It's literally something that could be thrown together overnight. It's not even comparable to any of the other mods out there. Also the creator of the video didn't even seem to credit the proper creators of the mod. That's very frowned upon in the modding community.

Your first two points have no merit. The third is a nitpick at best. There is no 'misleading' going on here. If you'd like to further educate me so that this can be more accurate in your eyes, by all means do so. But if you're just here to try and poke holes in this story because I'm not as specific as you had hoped, you could be putting your time to much better use than you are.
I'm not trying to poke holes in your story, nor did I think you were deliberately trying to mislead people. I am a mod creator myself and I would be pretty bummed out if my work were attributed to someone who posted a random compilation on Youtube without even giving me credit.

The fact that I didn't say, period, what you're implying I said should be reason enough. Also, nobody has given me better information on where this has come from. Also, nobody has asked where this came from, except the people who already seem to know, who have at this point *still* not enlightened me on the particulars, but instead continued to insist I'm being intentionally misleading, which I'm not in any capacity.

You and whoever else can be armchair critics all you want, but unless you want to give me more details on the minutia of this particular case, which clearly nobody can be bothered to do, then I'm fine with leaving it as is. 99.9999% of people who watch this will just say 'cool I love DBZ and Smash' and go about their day, and if only two of the nearly 200,000 people who have already read this article are going to complain about it because of really no more than the principle of the thing, while also being incredibly unhelpful as to informing me on the *actual* creators of the mods and compilations, I'm not going to put lots of extra time in to rectify the article for the <5,000 people who will likely see this article in the future.
This is completely untrue. I said your article was misleading. It's pretty clear that you're not intentionally misleading anyone. The worst thing I did was basically imply that you don't really know what you're talking about (which, when regarding these types of mods, seems to be true). Also, I don't understand how you believe that I was being "incredibly unhelpful" when I straight up told you where you could find the mods and I even gave you a link to the mod you featured. What else do you want me to do, rewrite the article for you? I literally gave you all you needed to make corrections, but I'm not going to do your job for you. If you wanted clarification, you could have just asked.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if your article was "technically correct." It matters what it implied to the vast majority of the people who read it. Instead of attempting to call me out for being nitpicky/"being an armchair critic", it probably would have been more productive to add two sentences to the article stating where the mods came from (you know, like this Kotaku article did). It probably would have been more beneficial to your readers too, since it looks like a lot of people wanted to try them out.

Regardless, I never meant this as an attack on you. I just wanted the article to give credit where credit was due. That is all.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Derrit you literally front-paged someone playing a bunch of (bad) moveset mods and said that it was "a step further" than the likes of engine overhaul mods like P:M; the wording heavily implying this was something newly created by some YouTube random. The readers have every right to criticize your article if you yourself aren't even providing definitive information.

Also way to once again show that it's 2015 and you still know jack-**** about brawl hacking. Just saying.

Last edited:

Evil Burrito

Smash Cadet
There's actually a game for Gamecube called Battle Stadium D.O.N only released in Japan which was a crossover between DBZ, One Piece, & Naruto. The gameplay is pretty much like Smash Bros so TECHNICALLY we already have a smash bros DBZ game. :3
Here's some gameplay footage, it's also 4 players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTfRjciJEVY

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Please, no. Mangas have enough fighting games as it is. Plus, I doubt it would be possible.
very little of One Piece games have come over to the west and the ones that have aren't even really fighting games

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
very little of One Piece games have come over to the west and the ones that have aren't even really fighting games
... What I meant is, people are easily tired of manga-based video games. (It's not really considered "new", nowadays)

Top Bottom