• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
I want to remind you that I never said anything discouraging or rude to you guys.
Just having a little fun is all, I'm done.
Don't judge the entire Crusade team based off of one bad seed.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I may interject, to the Crusade members watching this thread?

Hello, I'm APC99, and I guess you could call me one of the bigger leaders of this project. Now, I'm going to be civil and assume you're here for no reason other than my... colleagues... talking about the project. I'd like to say that we have nothing against the people of Crusade. You see, we've been working on this diligently, trying to work on it. I have experience in coding, and I'm actually working on quite a bit for this project, keeping it together. I look to Crusade for occasional inspiration, and I respect you all highly. And I'm going to assume only 1 or 2 of you are actually talking sh*t about us, and that KBG might have stretched the truth. I'm no huge game designer, I'm 14, but I'm still working harder than ever before to try to work on this. It's something I've dreamed about, working on a game. And, although I do not always agree with the other members of the team, I still get on Smashboards every day and work. I spent 4 hours today just making one thing to perfection for it. If that's not dedication, I don't know what is. The team's about 20 strong, and we're all working hard to try to make this. However, I've got a feeling that there's doubt in us. Tell me, was there NOT doubt when Crusade was proposed? Did people automatically believe in you? No. So, I recommend you give us a chance, if you truly are heckling us in secrecy. And, because I know this is probably an issue, the Balloon Fighter sprite is not final. Yes, it's an edited version of the NES sprite for show of the new character. I'm actually working on his sprite right now. So, I say good night, Jaklub, Mp3 Toaster and Dustination (what, I'm stupid enough not to check the Crusade Forums?), and we'll be seeing you soon.
I apologize for my unnecessary screaming earlier.

I agree with what APC said,
I'd also like to mention that age does not matter.
You cannot simply judge someone on his/her age and immediately think they are not capable of doing what you do.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I want to remind you that I never said anything discouraging or rude to you guys.
Just having a little fun is all, I'm done.
Don't judge the entire Crusade team based off of one bad seed.
It is fine, in sorry for screaming (or should I say all caps-ing) at you before.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
ANKOUNCEMENT!!

WE DECIDED TO MAKE OUR OWN SPRITES, AND WE WILL NOT BE USING THE BALLOON FIGHTER SPRITE SHOWN ABOVE!

WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR SPRITERS!!
PLEASE TELL US IF YOU CAN MAKE SPRITES IN A CARTOONY FASHION!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I am currently working on the game in Game Maker, and am working on a small video of Mario using some of his moves.
The release of this video game differ from anytime from today, to the next couple of weeks.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Weekly Newcomer!!!

Dr Robotnik Banner.png

Dr. Robotnik Creates his latest plan!

I will be posting the moveset shortly, and be sharing more details as spriting continues!

*note he is referred to as Robotnik because we will be using his classic design, and not his "modern" design (Eggman).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here is the weekly newcomer, which I forgot to hint at due to the consent crashing of SmashBoards.
But anyway, here she is!
image.jpg

LIP!!! MAGICAL POWERS SHOW!!!

We are still deciding on a moveset, which should be posted this weekend once everyone comes back, as many people are still off because of CrashBoards this week.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's my Lip moveset.
We haven't officially decided on it yet, but it's gotten good reviews so far.

"Here's a moveset I made for Lip.

An important part of Lip's playstyle is her combos. If Lip gets a certain amount of combos in a row, the opponent is paralyzed, leaving them open to even more combos.

B: TILE TOSS
Lip throws a randomly colored tile forward. The tile does 1.5x damage if its color matches that of Lip's opponent. Tiles also stay on the stage as items after being thrown, much like Diddy Kong's bananas. There can be 3 on the stage at once.

SIDE B: TILE SWAP
Lip waves her stick as she uses her tile swap ability, swapping held items with the opponent next to her. If her opponent isn't holding an item, she and the opponent switch places.

UP B: WATABOU
Lip pulls out the Watabou from the title screen to fly up and recover. It doesn't do damage.

DOWN B: GARBAGE BLOCK
Lip waves her stick to summon a garbage block above her. The block smashes onto the ground in front of her, and stays there immobile for a certain amount of time. Also it is a meteor smash if it hits an airborne opponent.

FINAL SMASH: COMBO CHAINS
Lip flails her stick back and forth to summon a wall of tiles behind her. You must combine blocks and create combos quickly to stop the opponents in their tracks and create explosions that deal big damage and knockback."

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mad you probably noticed, we did not have our weekly announcement last Saturday.
We were rather busy working on the project and some of our other projects.
But we will announce a newcomer this upcoming Saturday, along with the real name of Project Bidoof!

Oh, and don't forget to finish wrapping up this Christmas presents with wrapping paper! (That was the hint if it wasn't obvious enough.)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here is the weekly newcomer!

image.jpg

PAPER MARIO!!!

Due to certain difficulties, we could not make a newcomer banner for Paper Mario on time.
But to make up for this inconvenience, and last weeks lack of an announcement, we will announce the that the real, an final name of Project Bidoof is.....

Super Smash Bros. Affinity!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sorry for once again not posting the scheduled newcomer.
I forgot as I was busy with other things.
But anyway, here is the latest newcomer!
image.jpg

LITTLE MAC!!!

I'd like to let everyone know in advance that we are currently not planning to announce a newcomer Pythia Saturday.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
i think the real question is if they have any legitimate gameplay

i seem to recall bidoof saying development was supposed to start in december and yet all we have are "challenger approaching" banners with virtually no significance

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
i think the real question is if they have any legitimate gameplay

i seem to recall bidoof saying development was supposed to start in december and yet all we have are "challenger approaching" banners with virtually no significance
I am working on a gameplay trailer.
I would had have something to show sooner, but we seem to be having a struggle getting spriters to join us, so we have to use our own spriting skills for now.
Dont worry, we will have something soon!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I am working on a gameplay trailer.
I would had have something to show sooner, but we seem to be having a struggle getting spriters to join us, so we have to use our own spriting skills for now.
Dont worry, we will have something soon!
Could you please make a mock-up? If you have any semblance of gameplay in the trailer, just take a single frame and post it. I can hardly even have an opinion on your product when I don't even have any idea of what it looks like.

EDIT: Checked the website, specifically Kirby's page. Capitalize the "I" and HAL/Sakurai made him, not Nintendo.
The FS sounds fun, even though it rips his canon to pieces, and throws those pieces into a fire. The happiness it will feel as it burns will be inversely proportional to it's similarity to D3's FS.
May I suggest Crash Kirby? Super easy to make, rather than the novice's nightmare of making 3-20 different NPCs just for an FS cameo.
EDIT #2: You got rid of Negative Zone? :(

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Could you please make a mock-up? If you have any semblance of gameplay in the trailer, just take a single frame and post it. I can hardly even have an opinion on your product when I don't even have any idea of what it looks like.

EDIT: Checked the website, specifically Kirby's page. Capitalize the "I" and HAL/Sakurai made him, not Nintendo.
The FS sounds fun, even though it rips his canon to pieces, and throws those pieces into a fire. The happiness it will feel as it burns will be inversely proportional to it's similarity to D3's FS.
May I suggest Crash Kirby? Super easy to make, rather than the novice's nightmare of making 3-20 different NPCs just for an FS cameo.
Will edit again later, unless there is another comment first.
We are completely remaking all the movesets. Don't pay attention to that whole page, we aren't even using it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
We are completely remaking all the movesets. Don't pay attention to that whole page, we aren't even using it.
Hey, I'm sure you have far too many idea-guys/creative-people-who-don't-actually-code-or-sprite, but I would love to be able to help with characters (new and old) if you would allow it.
Specifically Gooey. There must be a good Gooey.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

EDIT #2: You got rid of Negative Zone? :(
That website is completely outdated.
Ignore that whole thing.

Oh, and here, we made a mock-up.
Completely original sprites.
image.jpg

We hope to have a much better looking, professional screenshot soon.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
*note he is referred to as Robotnik because we will be using his classic design, and not his "modern" design (Eggman).
I'd much rather see the classic designs, but is Sonic still going to be in his modern design? I'd rather them match suite than one be classic and the other be modern, that's like mixing milk and orange juice.

Here's my Lip moveset.
We haven't officially decided on it yet, but it's gotten good reviews so far.

"Here's a moveset I made for Lip.

An important part of Lip's playstyle is her combos. If Lip gets a certain amount of combos in a row, the opponent is paralyzed, leaving them open to even more combos.

B: TILE TOSS
Lip throws a randomly colored tile forward. The tile does 1.5x damage if its color matches that of Lip's opponent. Tiles also stay on the stage as items after being thrown, much like Diddy Kong's bananas. There can be 3 on the stage at once.

SIDE B: TILE SWAP
Lip waves her stick as she uses her tile swap ability, swapping held items with the opponent next to her. If her opponent isn't holding an item, she and the opponent switch places.

UP B: WATABOU
Lip pulls out the Watabou from the title screen to fly up and recover. It doesn't do damage.

DOWN B: GARBAGE BLOCK
Lip waves her stick to summon a garbage block above her. The block smashes onto the ground in front of her, and stays there immobile for a certain amount of time. Also it is a meteor smash if it hits an airborne opponent.

FINAL SMASH: COMBO CHAINS
Lip flails her stick back and forth to summon a wall of tiles behind her. You must combine blocks and create combos quickly to stop the opponents in their tracks and create explosions that deal big damage and knockback."
I like this, except for a couple things.

"The tile does 1.5x damage if its color matches that of Lip's opponent."
That is incredibly vague and doesn't make sense to me no matter how you look at it. Their team color? The "player color" (1p red, 2p blue)? It couldn't be the character's visual color, that makes no sense at all. Anything about "color" should have no influence in the game mechanics.

"Lip waves her stick as she uses her tile swap ability, swapping held items with the opponent next to her. If her opponent isn't holding an item, she and the opponent switch places."
I can't say I'm fond of this move being conditional like that. It should be one or the other, or combined. In other words, ditch the item idea and just have the characters swap places, or better yet, do both; swap places, AND items if they're holding any.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'd much rather see the classic designs, but is Sonic still going to be in his modern design? I'd rather them match suite than one be classic and the other be modern, that's like mixing milk and orange juice.

I like this, except for a couple things.

"The tile does 1.5x damage if its color matches that of Lip's opponent." That is incredibly vague and doesn't make sense to me no matter how you look at it. Their team color? The "player color" (1p red, 2p blue)? It couldn't be the character's visual color, that makes no sense at all. Anything about "color" should have no influence in the game mechanics.

"Lip waves her stick as she uses her tile swap ability, swapping held items with the opponent next to her. If her opponent isn't holding an item, she and the opponent switch places."
I can't say I'm fond of this move being conditional like that. It should be one or the other, or combined. In other words, ditch the item idea and just have the characters swap places, or better yet, do both; swap places, AND items if they're holding any.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take it into consideration.
I agree with your second statement, so I'll change that.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take it into consideration.
I agree with your second statement, so I'll change that.
Thank you, but would you mind telling me what you meant by "color matches that of Lip's opponent"?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Thank you, but would you mind telling me what you meant by "color matches that of Lip's opponent"?
Oh yeah, sure.
I meant the color of your opponent.
Lip throws a red block at Mario, it does extra damage.
A green block at Luigi or Link, a yellow block at Pikachu, etc.
Although it may be hard to develop, so for version 0.1 I doubt that we'll be incorporating this.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, sure.
Although it may be hard to develop, so for version 0.1 I doubt that we'll be incorporating this.
I was afraid that's what you meant. Logically this doesn't make much sense and I really don't think it should play into the mechanics. If you did though, I would look at it more as each character having a weakness to a specific block. This would actually be quite easy to code. Also what about metal blocks? They could be Lip's version of "stitch face turnips", considering that they're a rare and more powerful version of normal blocks.

Frankly the final smash sounds like the hardest to develop of Lip's moveset. You're saying you're going to recreate the actual Panel De Pon gameplay? Talk about metagame holy crap.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
We are still working on Sonic, but we will take this into mind.
Personally, I want his look to be somewhat in between Classic and Modern. And the same will go for his moveset.

Oh yeah, sure.
Actually, it is not very hard to develop. We just create each color black as a separate object, and have certain characters have a different damage effect when colliding with their color block.

Top Bottom