• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I can't remember, were there any actual true combos? That aren't part of the same jab combo I mean. I remember a lot of attacks being thrown out but not a lot of linked moves that didn't have the opponent recovering into a neutral state after.
That guy playing Rosalina at the beginning had some pretty nice combos

Last edited:

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
That grand finals really shows how different Smash 4 is from Brawl, and ledgeguarding is still a thing guys, it ain't gone at all. Not that Brawl was bad, but Brawl was pretty boring from a spectator's standpoint.
I had a little different impression. You saw DEHF(larry) repeatedly trying different things, but that on stage f-smash became what lead to kills for him. The f-airs off stage were adding %, but the other Bowser was still safely recovering with the up B frequently hitting DEHF back.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
The surprise is there.... 92 screen were just release on IGN. Screens of Lucina - Cap Falcon and Robin.

Senario

Smash Ace
For real! - I was so disappointed that so many people played bowser. But like every fighting game ever, everyone flocks to the best characters.
Yeah, that is pretty standard. Good characters are popular, both because they naturally attract people to play them and because the fanbase flocks around those characters(fanbase of that char/game). Not really a surprise since that is how it is in fighting games. People don't want to pick a bad character, usually. That just makes a lot of people feel like they are putting in more work for less payout.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
The surprise is there.... 92 screen were just release on IGN. Screens of Lucina - Cap Falcon and Robin.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I had a little different impression. You saw DEHF(larry) repeatedly trying different things, but that on stage f-smash became what lead to kills for him. The f-airs off stage were adding %, but the other Bowser was still safely recovering with the up B frequently hitting DEHF back.
Cause f air isn't nearly as powerful as bair, which is a kill move off stage apparently.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I thought those were up before, and that's not really SDCC related. As an aside, this board is crazy better than GFAQ, where I came from to find this place.

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
There was a Sonic, but he got wrecked pretty hard. Super Sonic got hella nerfed lol

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I will say that it looks like Bowser's Fair and Bair autocancel if you do it right. Like, wow. I think Bair off stage for edgeguarding is gonna be godlike.

Hong

The Strongest
Well it is something. I want to see longer combos as people play. Two piecers is great and all but when you get into 3-4+ combos I find that really exciting. That isn't to say the game wasn't played well today, it was. Carefully watching to see how it goes.
I'd prefer something like 30% more hit-stun, 30% more gravity. Adjust Little Mac/fast-fallers accordingly.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
The finals were amazing I love the reset bracket, well played from both sides and finally it seems Bowser is getting a little of recognition, still the community needs to play a lot more with all the characters and check how are the 1v1 matches between 50+ fighters.

.n_n.

Senario

Smash Ace
I'd prefer something like 30% more hit-stun, 30% more gravity. Adjust Little Mac/fast-fallers accordingly.
Yeah, more hitstun seems a little necessary. Some followups were pretty fast but somehow they didn't connect even though people went right for them. More gravity would help too, game is still a little bit floaty. (if you look at non-bowser chars people jump hiiiigggh)

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Eh, I think the game is fine as is. I feel like it's still going to have that open window that Brawl gave to new players, but it's going to have some more stuff for good players as well.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
For real! - I was so disappointed that so many people played bowser. But like every fighting game ever, everyone flocks to the best characters.
Well honestly it's too early to tell. People might end up flocking to other characters that weren't available on the roster today.

We also have to consider why people picked Bowser. He's really good in free-4-alls, after using him a lot in free-4-alls I'm sure users got more comfortable with him.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Bowser top tier possibly. I hope he doesn't get nerfed.
Completely agree. Bowser doesn't need to get dropped because of this. I want the king to be a king for a little bit, and we're finally playing a game that could have patches, which means if he's too crazy, we're not stuck waiting for a new game/mod to fix things. We've only seen him against a small subsection of fighters, to determine if he's really OP, we'd need to see him against more of the roster.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
While what you said is true, there were also a few ledgeguarding kills(pretty much only from Bowser from what I saw) using b-air and f-air and even f-tilt, they were just more risky (excluding f-tilt) and thus weren't seen or tried as often. Also, Larry was just making sick reads.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
He was.

Also If they aren't going to show anything interesting then please don't tease "special surprises".
Not really. Just because you may have not been good with Bowser doesn't make him a bad character. There are characters for everyone that they know how to use. Look at MewtwoKing.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, more hitstun seems a little necessary. Some followups were pretty fast but somehow they didn't connect even though people went right for them. More gravity would help too, game is still a little bit floaty. (if you look at non-bowser chars people jump hiiiigggh)
I also just hate the fact people are basically always going to be recovering from so high, even if DI is toned down as they say. Even with the more punishable airdodges, I'd prefer more peril in the game overall. If we can comfortably go back to playing with more stocks, knowing matches are more likely to conclude sooner due to shorter life-spans, that'd be great.

Senario

Smash Ace
I also just hate the fact people are basically always going to be recovering from so high, even if DI is toned down as they say. Even with the more punishable airdodges, I'd prefer more peril in the game overall. If we can comfortably go back to playing with more stocks, knowing matches are more likely to conclude sooner due to shorter life-spans, that'd be great.
Yeah, people still die a little late. Bring in the blast zones a little maybe. Generally I've seen that the one reliable way to get a kill is to poke people off the stage, but that has always been good. Killing them by smash or kill/launching move just doesn't seem to kill people well sometimes unless you charged that smash for a while(which usually means a miss). They go flying and somehow don't die.

Last edited:

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
While what you said is true, there were also a few ledgeguarding kills(pretty much only from Bowser from what I saw) using b-air and f-air and even f-tilt, they were just more risky (excluding f-tilt) and thus weren't seen or tried as often. Also, Larry was just making sick reads.
I guess my point more or less is recovery still looks pretty safe. Off stage kills in this E3/ComicCon build look very dependent on the conditions being perfect.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
It was the lost levels gameplay.

And does anyone have all of the Bill Trinen Rosalina & Luma gameplay matches recorded? If so could you pls link >.<

Hong

The Strongest
I guess my point more or less is recovery still looks pretty safe. Off stage kills in this E3/ComicCon build look very dependent on the conditions being perfect.
Some characters are still going to be able to contest off-stage pretty well.

Not sure about everyone, but I had a good time with the Villager. She is an excellent jumper. Not only that, but if you soft-fire a Lloid Rocket you can follow it immediately. Even from my short time with the character, if people airdodge the Lloid (which is already tricky with how slow it moves), you can literally pop them with the slingshot before they can airdodge or respond again.

Though I think this character, between the Lloid Rocket, slingshot, and even Timber, is probably meant to be good at fighting off stage by design. Hope off-stage dynamic can be a thing for more of the roster for the final product.

Last edited:

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
makes sense. Recoveries in this game or even Project M to an extent seem a little too good, but that only really means that the game will be more ground-based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom