• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Dang that was insane. I was cheering for blue Toon Link but I'm glad he got as far as he did.

Bowser though...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Excellent play from Larry, That was some good stuff and definitely more interesting than defensive play. Lets hope this continues into the Wii U version.
it should i think the game are running the same engine.
the finals were awesome, lets go

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
The Surprise was that we'd all be brought together expecting something.

And thats the best surprise there is.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Every single hit from Bowser had a huge force that came with it, you could really feel the power.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
The worst thing that is going to come out of that tournament is that people are going to whine that Bowser is OP.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So yeah, no announcements. Blame the guy who made that post in Facebook that doesn't know that the Smash community gets hyped easily (or maybe he did know and it was his plan?).
But for me, seeing Bowser doing so good and giving me hopes for a high tier this time is almost as good. And all that delicious gameplay. So thanks for this Nintendo. We'll be back on Monday to the PoTDs.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
While there was no announcement, I have to say. This game is looking like it's going to go well. Like, that Bowser hype was looking real to me. Smash 4 is looking to be quite the game, especially towards the end of the tournament where people were actually playing pretty well.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, I didn't really watch much due to work, how far did Luigi get? I only know I saw one win the first round.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I guess the special surprise was the red robe. I didn't expect a reveal, but there's always some streaming tomorrow.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
If it weren't for them saying ''surprises" and the Miahstorm 2 mess. I think people's expectations would've been a little more mellow.
Miahstorm is total bs in my eyes. And "a few special surprises" turned into "newcomer reveal omfg."
The real surprise was obviously a bowser finals ditto!
:troll:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
The surprise was in YOU the entire time. And that surprise was the capability of believing in Bowser, and now it's in all of us.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
When given to good players, oh my GOD does this game have potential. That Grand Final almost killed me. Good **** to both players that was amazing. THIS is what I look forward to seeing.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The people who are only watching tonight for a character reveal, constantly complaining about how long they have to wait for one, and are paying zero respect to this excellent play, are the same people who are going to ditch the community less than like a month after release. :(

Edit - Good. I'm glad they didn't reveal anyone.
You'd think we would have learned from the Treehouse streams that it's a bad idea to watch a 7-hour stream nonstop on the offchance something awesome might be announced when you can just look up the highlights on Youtube later and save about 6 1/2 hours of your life.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
they are streaming tomorrow to so maybe we will get something cool then too.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Looks like we'll get the surprise either tomorrow or on Sunday if Nintendo are planning on live streaming then too. Oh well.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Wow. People in the Twitch chat are freaking out just because there was no character reveal. Yeesh.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh, I didn't really watch much due to work, how far did Luigi get? I only know I saw one win the first round.
I think Luigi made it to the finals (not the grand finals, the one before it), where he lost to Toon Link.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Was annoyed at first that a bowser user was clearly gonna take up the finals,(thought bowser vs bowser was gonna be borin' and toon link used to be one of my mains) but those last few matches were pretty hype so can't be mad.

GG Larry-kun.

Last edited:

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
Just left the D1 stream. They hype was real. Smart play is really fun to watch.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
That grand finals really shows how different Smash 4 is from Brawl, and ledgeguarding is still a thing guys, it ain't gone at all. Not that Brawl was bad, but Brawl was pretty boring from a spectator's standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom