• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I hate the fact that the few special suprises were them playing mario the lost levels for 10 hours.
THAT was the special surprise? That was the most boring borefest I had ever seen, worst part of the stream by far.

The best part in my opinion were the Bill Trinen matches.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Honestly the stream overall was just...ok

The grand finals were easily much better than the E3 invitational finals, the 1v1s were good overall, and even the free-for-alls were bearable if you just looked for bits and pieces of information. It was the two hours of trolling and Mario LL that grinded my gears.

I would say though this game looks better than brawl by a long shot, though I wouldn't say that it would live up to the tech standards of melee at all either. Which doesn't bother me at all. Melee is a great game, but the only way to make a better one is to change the formula, and they're doing just that. And the main reason I believe we perceived similar levels of brawl defense play at E3 was because Zero Suit's design in general supports defensive play (large lingering hitboxes, good movement). From what I've seen, Smash 4 doesn't cater super strongly to defensive play, maybe only slightly so, but nowhere near the extreme that brawl was.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I missed the stream because I was working, and the YouTube video seems broken.

Anyone know of another place I can watch it?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
THAT was the special surprise? That was the most boring borefest I had ever seen, worst part of the stream by far.

The best part in my opinion were the Bill Trinen matches.
I think Bill showed off Rosalina & Luma very well. I'm looking forward to trying them out when the game releases.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hey can one of you guys confirm this for me during D1's stream he mentioned that someone ask Hideo Kojima if Solid Snake going to be in SSBU/3DS and Kojima got upset and rolled his eyes did he say that? I cant watch due to internet problems

Last edited:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
So I guess something to ask here is did this stream change anyone's opinion on Smash 3ds? While some people (myself included) are worried about how the game will control, I feel a lot more confident in how the game will play after this, and it makes me want to try it out all the more. Did this game move up in your opinions at all, something more than a 'time killer' between the 3ds and Wii U versions?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So I guess something to ask here is did this stream change anyone's opinion on Smash 3ds? While some people (myself included) are worried about how the game will control, I feel a lot more confident in how the game will play after this, and it makes me want to try it out all the more. Did this game move up in your opinions at all, something more than a 'time killer' between the 3ds and Wii U versions?
For me it was a great show for the 3DS before the stream I was upset about it being launched first than the WiiU version but now after watching it more carefully and seeing that is a respectable game that have the elements that I was looking in to the next installment of the series, makes me want finally to buy a 3DS (I will wait so they announce a especial version of 3DSXL with the Smash game).

.n_n.

Raikou3322

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raikou3322
So sad our boy Raikou/Rei lost in Grand Finals (he won Winner's Finals) after a DOMINANT RUN.

I've known him for a good while via various mediums. He's played Brawl competitively for many years. He's a great dude.

But I'm glad my fellow Cali boy Larry Lurr, who is a top player in Melee AND Brawl, got his moment to shine in the sun. Plus from what little I know of him from the little I've talked to him at tournaments he seems like a pretty cool dude.

Overall it was a fantastic finals. Neither character camped, and while both of them had plenty of holes in their game, considering how few Smash 3DS (or Smash WiiU for that matter) matches they had under their belt, they both did a fantastic job. They also kept it close every match.

Also, Raikou/Rei gave us this gif...
Nice.

Sure I played competitively but I rarely play offline tournaments.

You did great making it to the Grand Finals! I had a fun time watching you throughout the tournament!
Thanks! It was a blast. I felt like a winner even though I got 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raikou3322

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raikou3322
Warning Received
I'd love to get into more of the tourney scene but we'll see.

Sooo can you not go backwards with Bowser's side-B anymore? I know Damien wanted it.
I always thought it was Larry who was interfering with the direction but who knows.

Damian*
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man you were great.

Though it does make me feel kinda bummed that i lost so close into getting into the 1v1 brackets.

Would've loved to have a 1v1 with you.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
We couldn't see your percent, but if you were at the higher percent, Larry would have more control over the direction of the Flying Slam. That's how it worked in Brawl anyways.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Hey can one of you guys confirm this for me during D1's stream he mentioned that someone ask Hideo Kojima if Solid Snake going to be in SSBU/3DS and Kojima got upset and rolled his eyes did he say that? I cant watch due to internet problems
Did this really happen? That's interesting

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hope thats not true. Snake was an awesome addition.

Farorae

Smash Ace
I doubt this I couldn't find anything on it but I didn't look too hard either. Anyways when he was interviewed months ago he said he would like to see Snake in smash 4 but didn't think it was likely, and he didn't seem bitter about it then so it seems weird he would be now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He'd probably be annoyed about it at this point if any social situation whatsoever (twitter and any thing else) he's being asked about snake in smash, when he's obviously there for other reasons still related to Snake (i.e. a NEW GAME he's poured his heart and soul into)

Last edited:

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
I remember D1 saying that during his stream, but I think he was asking for confirmation whether this actually happened as well.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
After watching the recording of the stream (I watched a few of the early games and then skipped to the last 10 or so matches, since everyone said there were a ton of boring interruptions) I really have to say: Larry earned that. He deserved it. Yeah, the other Bowser was good, but he didn't quite have Larry's level of polish. That guy was just mechanically perfect.

Toon Link was alright but that dair spam made him too easy to read. Don't get me wrong, the guy could've probably 4 stocked me no problem, but against other tournament fighters I'd say he was a little weak in that area. After Bowser caught on to that TLink just kept getting punished.

Overall the end of the tournament was so hype. I can't get over how awesome that was. So much excellent play, super-precise recoveries and great edgegames.

Also I'm glad that Smash 4 at least looks fun to watch, since that says good things about what we can expect from the tournament scene after release.

I'm so hype for this game right now. It probably helps that I skipped a lot of the boring stuff. I don't really see SMB2 gameplay, to be honest.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I still think E3's presentation was better and more polished, but if this is what matches are going to be like then I am excited to see my subscription box fill up over the next few years.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I was actually at SDCC yesterday and today and I got to watch those amazing Trinnen matches live....I played lots of Rosalina, I even won a T-shirt while playing her. and Bowser and Zamus were buffed by a whole lot.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I was pleased to see rolling utilitied as a movement option so much.

Rolling is good now? Hot diggity.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I was pleased to see rolling utilitied as a movement option so much.

Rolling is good now? Hot diggity.
Eh, it'll probably get used less and less as people start to figure out how to punish it... like in every other Smash Bros. I think some characters who have particularly fast rolls (Toon Link's backroll reminds me of Lucario's one from Brawl, which is sexy) might get some mileage out of them but on the whole, rolls likely won't be a movement option. Or even an escape option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom