• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
No, it's incredibly annoying. While we're on the topic, why do a majority of the characters yell whenever you launch them 99% of the time? You could nudge them 1 foot into the air and they would still cry out in agony.
This is kinda bugging me too. One throw and Greninja's all "GRENIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!111!" It's like they didn't program in the weak hit grunts.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now if only Pit knew how to make use of Guardian Orbitars for once.
Honestly I love Pit's voice actor in Sm4sh and Uprising, but for Sm4sh they keep reusing that one particular yell and it's getting on my nerves. They just need to make him speak less and it'd be cool.
It's because there's a single voice clip used for each of Pit's smashes, and I know that guy spammed D-smash, so yea. Now if only they knew how to use his reflector.
Pit 101, people.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope they fix that, Melee at least moderated this with shorter cries, not these over-the-top ones, which should go to KO-ready launches instead.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Great time for Bayonetta in October. Bayonetta confirmed for Smash. :D
Great time for both games really. You know the Fall Weather? Wonderful! Especially since October 3rd is a Friday and I get 3 straight days playing SSB4 (that is if I don't have a test to study for in College).

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
It's because there's a single voice clip used for each of Pit's smashes, and I know that guy spammed D-smash, so yea.
That's kinda the point though. I imagine it couldn't be hard to program it so that Pit only yells once every few uses of the move, has a % chance to yell or say nothing or has a few different yells for each attack that get selected randomly on use.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I went to walk my dog when the break after Trinen's team matches ended, did I miss anything?

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
They Mysterious Murasame Castle is getting some attention! Hopefully it will be released and localized on the U.S e-shop.

EDIT - The U.S is getting it in August!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It's a really fun game. I hope an International release means we'll get Mother as well.

Soul.

There's been quite a lot of Smash Bros gameplay, 3DS included.

Anyway, the next thing they're talking about is apparently "Bayonetta: Bloody Fate".
I see. I guess it was Smash Run because of the stream's casual stuff they're having.

A little. I think there was a bill trinen 1v1 and some smash run.

Btw bills Rosalina wins again! Toph and scar can't handle the rosaluma
I knew it. It was Smash Run.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't think they'd bring in Takamaru, being the fact that we already have Greninja who is by far more popular. Might be possible though!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think they'd bring in Takamaru, being the fact that we already have Greninja who is by far more popular. Might be possible though!
Explain your line of thinking.

Surely you don't think they are similar, right?
Surely you know being a retro character has brought in more characters into Smash Bros than being popular, right?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Of course they're the same, one is a water spewing collectible ninja frog and the other is a samurai with a penchant for saving princesses and running away from Oni

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Explain your line of thinking.

Surely you don't think they are similar, right?
Surely you know being a retro character has brought in more characters into Smash Bros than being popular, right?
Ooh, I wasn't thinking about that. I guess he does have a significant chance of being in the game. Thanks for the reminder!

:4villager:

Hong

The Strongest
Ooh, I wasn't thinking about that. I guess he does have a significant chance of being in the game. Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah.

Personally, I wouldn't call myself a supporter, but being a retro gamer, I love his game. I'd welcome him, Mach Rider, Lip, or any of the classic characters joining the roster, since we got a whole host of newcomers (roughly half) this time who were born in the past decade and some of them I don't feel are representing a broad stroke of Nintendo history as Smash should.

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'm still unsure why they gave the villager the balloon fight recovery - I get that the original AC had Balloon Fight unlockable but still - unless Animal Crossing is a sequel to Balloon Fight (after the great war against the balloon birds) I can't really sort the relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom