• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I guess the big surprise was Mysterious Murasame Castle finally being localized. It's actually a pretty good surprise, even if it isn't a newcomer. I can't really complain, especially when combined with all that sweet Bowser destruction at the tourney.

D

Deleted member

I guess the big surprise was Mysterious Murasame Castle finally being localized. It's actually a pretty good surprise, even if it isn't a newcomer. I can't really complain, especially when combined with all that sweet Bowser destruction at the tourney.
Might as well have been a newcomer with how some people here are interpreting the news.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Is mmc coming to wii u vc or 3ds vc or both? If it comes to wii u vc I would get it.

Xigger

Smash Lord
  • 3DS store lists Smash Bros. 3DS as Wario game
  • Anniversary of Mother on final day
  • Murasame Castle localization
The way that Smash Bros. is being handed out at the convention... I wonder if a newly announced character could be steathily announced and playable in the demos. Though I wouldn't expect a newcomer if the Smash Bros. website didn't advertise it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Though not as big in my opinion, the other surprise was that a retail version of NES Remix 1 +2 is also going to be released internationally later this year. Definitely looking forward to both games, especially MMC.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I already own the GBA port of Murasame Castle. :troll:

it's****inghard

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I tried *insert totally legal action here* it years ago but the stupid thing crashed every time I tried to play it and I never bothered to try again after that.
Save states will make things 10x easier with the 3DS/Wii U ports.

Though we're both starting to get off topic now. :laugh:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, there's still more Comic-Con?
...I thought it was ending yesterday.
Ah well, BACK ON THE HYPE TRAIN! ...
*sits at station* Call me when a newcomer/veteran or a new Wario Land game is announced.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Wait, there's still more Comic-Con?
...I thought it was ending yesterday.
Ah well, BACK ON THE HYPE TRAIN! ...
*sits at station* Call me when a newcomer/veteran or a new Wario Land game is announced.
Lol I tried to tell you guys:

The convention ends today, July 27th. Mother's Anniversary is July 27, 1989. And I would like to note the fact that F-Zero X was released on July 14th, 1998 and on July 14th 2014 we got confirmation of Captain Falcon. So to all you hype crushers, there is still a chance!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So the guy who made the announcement thought it was cool, put in his own words, and we took it as gospel.

Cue loony tunes track.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
^I see no such thing anywhere on that schedule. No mention of Smash, let alone pm
Actually there is, but obviously you'll need help navigating the schedule.... Go to the search button and click games. After you are in games you click all. There you will find Project M.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
You couldn't have linked to that page instead?

Anyways, yeah it's there. At 2PM

EDIT: Melee is also scheduled for 2PM.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh well.

I'm still hopeful for a veteran reveal tomorrow.
It will probably be Wario (Shake-It Anniversary was Thursday), R.O.B. (Anniversary was yesterday), or Ness or Lucas (Mother 25th Anniversary is today).

The banners are down and the stars are aligned.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It will probably be Wario (Shake-It Anniversary was Thursday), R.O.B. (Anniversary was yesterday), or Ness or Lucas (Mother 25th Anniversary is today).
Or nobody, because Meta Knight/Yoshi. :I

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh well.

I'm still hopeful for a veteran reveal tomorrow.

The banners are down and the stars are aligned.
Or a Star Fox character because of the recent stage reveal (which was attenuated by other stage related news :c) and that fact that I want one does not hurt either.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Or nobody, because Meta Knight/Yoshi. :I
Yoshi was revealed during the Direct, which was less than a month after New Island's release.
Sakurai obviously revealed him in the direct to correspond with the release. The same with Zero-Suit Samus (Zero Mission's Anniversary was the same day as the direct), and the two Pokémon (Battle Trozei was a little after New Island).

And we already got Dedede for Triple Deluxe's Japanese release. Announcing Meta Knight for the international release would be celebrating the same game twice.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
soooo... no stream today .____.
Gods be praised, that is great news! Thank you so much!

Nope. No stream as the tournament is over... I suppose it was over during the first day, but they intended to stream the finals on the second day if I am not mistaken. I am not even sure to be honest.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The challanger approaching banners are down on the sight. Nope no warnings either!! They usually do that when they're about to reveal. see fo yourself www.smashbros.com/sp/us
They did that two weeks after Diddy's reveal, and we didn't get a reveal all of March.

While it's quite curious to see the banners go down so quickly (I think lasting only a week), they really mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom