• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pit was sloppy in that doubles match.

Fair could easily auto cancel into jab or dash attack at low percents. SH Fair to Jab, grab, D-throw U-smash or SH Nair may be possible.

Bair has like no Lag on it at all and amazing range. You can zone with Bair to pivot cancel F-tilt.

Basic Jab knocks people above Pit; the situation he wants them in. U-tilt is good too.

And Mario did no SH Double aerials. SH Double Uair links into anything since it has no lag at all. When Scar Fast Falled the Uair he shielded so fast after that the attack streak was still active.

Then again they don't have a Brawl background so whatevs.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm not mad there wasn't anything but seriously:

What was the surprise?
There were multiple surprises.
  • Bowser actually winning a tournament.
  • Ufouria. Seriously. Who expected them to play that?
  • Murasame Castle being localized for the US.
  • Michael Rooker's surprise visit.
  • Someone actually playing well with Rosalina.
  • Robes.
  • The fact that Nintendo employees could be that bad at some of the games they played.
  • If none of the above work, then the lack of a surprise itself.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
There were a few surprises - they just weren't smash related. The holy grail of unreleased in the US, Japan only games is finally coming to the US, there's a water temple in Hyrule Warriors, NES Remix 1 + 2 are being packaged together retail, Michael Rooker is often drunk and does not read any details about public appearances, etc.

There was a ton of Smash gameplay, and this is all Nintendo of America - you should know better than to think NoA would ever get any exclusives in front of the big N in Kyoto.
Exactly, there were some legit surprises in there, just not the ones people necessarily expected
(Ironically)

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
If you're disappointed by this, then you shouldn't have got your hopes up.

Seriously, this isn't anything like the E3 hype train they had going, and it never promised to be. It was kindof fun and was an okay way to pass the day. I put it on in the background and only checked back once in a while, but I can't say that I really hated it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Where's the reveal I wasn't promised? :dazwa:

I suppose the surprises were them playing some games. I liked the footage we saw from Hyrule Warriors earlier. The game is crying out for some online co-op though.

As for Smash, nothing new but some promising signs for a few of the confirmed characters. Fair enough.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm already satisfied with Pit getting more attention, and that gold one winning a match.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
If you're disappointed by this, then you shouldn't have got your hopes up.

Seriously, this isn't anything like the E3 hype train they had going, and it never promised to be. It was kindof fun and was an okay way to pass the day. I put it on in the background and only checked back once in a while, but I can't say that I really hated it.
Exactly, my girlfriend and I have basically been playing house all day (cleaning, cooking etc.) the Giants traded away my favorite prospect for a pitcher I used to wish about (not so much these days), I've built an altar to the devil out of matchbooks, we're trying to introduce our pet rabbit to our cat, i'm unwinding from a very long week of work, and watching Bill Trinen troll the hell out of people and lulzing at the children.

D

Deleted member

Hmm. Some player used Sonic yesterday at the 3DS tournament, iirc. Well, even if there wasn't a Smash-related surprise, it was great.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
People shouldn't make others who expected something feel bad. It's bad enough that they're disappointed. I'm hearing people call those who wanted a reveal morons, and to making me sad :(

That being said, this is NoA, they wouldn't know a hype surprise if it slapped them in the face. I didn't expect anything, but everyone on these boards hyping makes me expect impossible things :/

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's mostly reading too heavily on 'surprise' and what it would actually mean.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Guy 1: Nintendo's Comic Con Stream sucked!

Guy 2: Was there no gameplay of games?

Guy 1: No.

Guy 2: Were games delayed from the official dates that were given?

Guy 2: Then what was wrong with it?

Guy 1: Nintendo did not reveal a character for Smash Brothers.

Guy 2: :glare:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Every Nintendo event as of late in a nutshell.

Soul.

Even though there were no surprises, the stream was overall great. The 3DS tournament was hype and there was at least good stuff on the stream they were having right now.

D

Deleted member

You do it to yourself.
And that's what really hurts.

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I'm only sad (but not shocked or bitter) about the lack of a reveal because now I don't have a date to look forward to except for the release day and the entirety of August. I'm in full hype mode! I need a date to cling to.

I hope we get the date of the August direct soon, even if it's near the end of the month! I just like to know what to look forward to :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest, I'm only sad about the lack of a reveal because now I don't have a date to look forward to except for the release day and the entirety of August. I'm in full hype mode! I need a date to cling to.

I hope we get the date of the August direct soon, even if it's near the end of the month! I just like to know what to look forward to :)
I expect the reveals to pick up pace now that we're nearing release, honestly. We got Robin's trailer out of absolutely nowhere, so that has to say something.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Still, dat stream was really decent. A lot things done out of the box this time and it looked pretty glorious. Kinda sad many waited for some BIG announcement from Smash-related side.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
GUYS! DO NOT LOSE HOPE.

Mother was released on Japan on July 27th, 1989.

The convention ends July 27th....

NESS! LUCAS!

HYPE

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I was at fault for getting my hopes up. When Nintendo said there'd be surprises and a Smash 3DS tourney, I was automatically assuming the surprises would've been related to Smash. :facepalm:
The tournament itself was good and it's really awesome to have lots of gameplay footage now, but with the technical difficulties and them taking a break every 10 mins made it harder to enjoy :/ That, and all their 'filler' activities like being hilariously bad at SMB lost levels...ah well, salty tears drinks confirmed at the least :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Even though there were no surprises, the stream was overall great. The 3DS tournament was hype and there was at least good stuff on the stream they were having right now.
I don't know about you, but I was surprised that Nintendo is releasing Takamaru's game to America, showed a Bayonetta Anime, and that weird NES game they played.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Smashboards didn't crash, so I figured there was no reveal.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
no king k. rool?NO KING K. ROOL!!?? I wasn't expecting anything anyway, but what a huge slap in the face it is that they hyped us up for special suprises when there were none. Really epic stream though.

D

Deleted member

no king k. rool?NO KING K. ROOL!!?? I wasn't expecting anything anyway, but what a huge slap in the face it is that they hyped us up for special suprises when there were none. Really epic stream though.
YOU DO IT TO YOURSELF.
*Guitar riff*
AND THAT'S WHAT REALLY HURTS.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Nintendo didnt reveal anythin big anyways but SDCC was a wasted oppurtunity for a some type of smash info. Just comes to show how oblivious Sakurai is to western events exluding E3.

Soul.

I don't know about you, but I was surprised that Nintendo is releasing Takamaru's game to America, showed a Bayonetta Anime, and that weird NES game they played.
Well, that's great. I just wanted to see some Smash Bros. gameplay, but the other games are cool.
They're releasing that game to the eShop? I see. If that character isn't revealed, there's obviously going to be disappointment.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nintendo didnt reveal anythin big anyways but SDCC was a wasted oppurtunity for a some type of smash info. Just comes to show how oblivious Sakurai is to western events exluding E3.
Takamaru's game getting released to the US is big news. Especially for Takamaru's fan base.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta anime? I need to get ahold of this. Seems like everything else was standard while I was away, any big gameplay happen? Doesn't seem like there was a release or anything.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'm hype about the Mysterious Muramase Castle release in the eShop, something I have been looking to play in a Nintendo console.

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom