• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
People are still expecting huge reveals! Personally I agree with you, it's just fun to see some gameplay of great games with a little challenge twist thrown in.
We definitely were set to expect something
It's great you hav np expectations/ somewhat depressing on a cognitive level (though you will be happier), but we have every reason to expect something to happen- no need for condescending tone as if we are expecting one without reason.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What are the chances that Shovel Knight could be a trophy in smash bros? I think a small chance, but it would be neat.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It's great you hav np expectations/ somewhat depressing on a cognitive level (though you will be happier), but we have every reason to expect something to happen- no need for condescending tone as if we are expecting one without reason.
Yacht Club Games being here is a pleasant surprise - it's still smash themed overall, but this is NoA, not the big N themselves - I doubt they can reveal too much.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Hopefully, Nintendo will post highlights to their Youtube channel. I wouldn't mind watching that Smash gameplay.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can get streaming the tourney, but part of me really doesn't get streaming all this other stuff. It's mildly entertaining, but seems rather pointless to show us.

Azule07

Smash Cadet
I'm betting that they'll have a bang to end this with. Does anyone know when Comic-con ends?

Hong

The Strongest
If you raise your own expectations of what the "something" will be, it's your own fault. If you over-hype it, you yourself are to blame for raising your expectations so high that something stops being special, because for all we know Nintendo has already delivered.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
What are the chances that Shovel Knight could be a trophy in smash bros? I think a small chance, but it would be neat.
That would be cool - I really like how much Nintendo has embraced Shovel Knight and Yacht Club Games in general - I think it's been quite a success

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I can get streaming the tourney, but part of me really doesn't get streaming all this other stuff. It's mildly entertaining, but seems rather pointless to show us.
its more why not they are there anyway might as well show off some stuff coming up as well as older stuff

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
That Shovel Knight speed-run/competition or whatever you want to call it was fantastic! Such great work from both of them, was a suprise Rob had finally won at something, haha. I love the Shovel Knight developers, they're such great people.

Also, Smash Bros. for Wii U coming up next!

@ pickle962 pickle962 What's so bad about how they're playing right now? I mean, I understand why you would want to see some 1 on 1 matches with no items, but really, there's no need to say it's horrible. As Reggie had said "There's nothing wrong with having a little fun."

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Bladeviper Bladeviper : The Nintendo challenge revolves around Nintendo-supported games in general rather than just Smash. This means everything from Mario to Shovel Knight to even Bayonetta. So there~:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
And we've got multiple things. First darunia gameplay, shovel knight presence, and a hype tournament. Look at the thread title; frankly you guys expect too much and read too far into a Facebook post.

Edit: depressing on a cognitive level is a little much btw; no need to get mad

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
@ Bladeviper Bladeviper : The Nintendo challenge revolves around Nintendo-supported games in general rather than just Smash. This means everything from Mario to Shovel Knight to even Bayonetta. So there~:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:
i know.... thats why i posted that they are doing because they have a set up at comic con

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Sooo... they could stream this bull**** but not the sakurai Q&A at E3..... good logic nintendo. Heres a cookie. Go home.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if there's a way for them to toggle what AT's show up, because surely these aren't the only AT's, I only say this because I keep watching like a hawk to see if one we don't know about shows up.

Plus Isaac. The more he doesn't show up as one? The more my hope and heart soars for his chances of playable status.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I wonder if there's a way for them to toggle what AT's show up, because surely these aren't the only AT's, I only say this because I keep watching like a hawk to see if one we don't know about shows up.

Plus Isaac. The more he doesn't show up as one? The more my hope and heart soars for his chances of playable status.
they probably are not all in the demo is all

Soul.

The stream we have now is focusing on a casual approach, I think, since there was a bit of Smash Bros.
Has there been 3DS gameplay?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The stream we have now is focusing on a casual approach, I think, since there was a bit of Smash Bros.
Has there been 3DS gameplay?
There's been quite a lot of Smash Bros gameplay, 3DS included.

Anyway, the next thing they're talking about is apparently "Bayonetta: Bloody Fate".

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one getting really annoyed by Pit yelling so much?
No, it's incredibly annoying. While we're on the topic, why do a majority of the characters yell whenever you launch them 99% of the time? You could nudge them 1 foot into the air and they would still cry out in agony.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Am I the only one getting really annoyed by Pit yelling so much?
Honestly I love Pit's voice actor in Sm4sh and Uprising, but for Sm4sh they keep reusing that one particular yell and it's getting on my nerves. They just need to make him speak less and it'd be cool.

I mean, we all learnt how bad spamming voice clips for a particular action can be from Sanic Oh Siks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom