• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Super Smash Bros. Saskatchewan

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
We need to play SSFIV, and Project: M. Being active in the community is for f@&$ not something that necessarily makes sense to do at all, unless you are gunning for a spot in the BBR. I wouldn't mind that, because I think the community here can be so ridiculous. Way too often do I see people complaining or discussing something, and their lack of... field experience? leads them to have no idea what they are talking about. People will have long discussions about something that doesn't actually work in a competitive environment in any way.
That's mostly the character specific boards, but I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.
Furthermore, I don't want to wake up as my main, ban mk, talk about not banning mk, listen to one post where some guy says snake is unbeatable so must be banned or better than mk...
Augh. It feels like these boards are almost too noob friendly.
I find most of the tactical brawl posts to be about things that you can't learn by reading/don't actually work in practice/are unrelated to the current competitive smash metagame/are get good quick guides, whose advice seems to consist of not being an idiot about playing the game.
I guess I just don't see the point of mingling with most of the people on here, and the rest I might as well just grab information they've posted online for the public, use it myself, and not reply at all. Maybe what I'm trying to explain here is that I'm an @$$%@!3. What are the rules on swearing here?
Anyway, I find the SRK community has placed it's beginner section separate from the rest of the forum, and enforces itself well to the point of having a well maintained ship of a website.
I still lurk.

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
A wild Monty appeared:
"The boards suck. The best way to get better at Brawl is to play as many good players/characters as possible and convince yourself that you simply have to start thinking faster/harder/about more ****. Melee you can learn by reading, but I'm past the point where that can help me. The Addley brothers are all the practice I need there. Cool to hear Rob's in the city now, though. I'll try to make it out to tournaments if you start them up again.
And for anyone that cares, I now main Snake and secondary ICs in Brawl. MK is a back-up. Falco/Jiggs in Melee. ALSO, Cole is correct, PROJECT M! Plus SSF4 and MVC2."

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'd love to play again, but I can't do anything unless it's at the University or something. I really hate asking you guys to haul TVs there, but it's the only way I can participate. I don't think it's worth the effort to play with one extra person, but I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been inactive here because I started hating the Olimar boards.

I've never played SSFIV or MvC2. I'm the only one that still plays BlazBlue, right? <_<;

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
Blazblue's a thing of the past, man. It's all about Melty Blood!!!
**** the Character boards. Jesus.
If we can get more people to go to the uni then people'd go there. It's also a problem that a number of the people Monty and I play with won't go to the Uni, so we actually lose participants.
On the other hand **** DOUBLES **** DOUBLES **** DOUBLES **** FRIENDLIES. I'm starved for competitive brawl.

Edit: This website censors for you!?! Nice!

Llumys

Smash Champion
I've seen Melty Blood. I'm uninterested.

I can't get anyone else to come to the University, so I'll probably remain inactive unless someone manages to bring more people in.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
Monty since when have you been in to the jiggs? I've never actually seen your jiggs, probably because falco dittos are so fun. I'm down for tournaments or non-competitive gatherings of any of these games.

@cole- I see the boards more of a tournament organizer/friendly banter. (I probably see it this way because melee has been around for so long no one is going to be like OMG GUESS WHAT YOU CAN BOMB JUMP WITH SAMUS and I don't really lurk brawl boards)

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
That's what I meant when I said you can learn stuff by reading the Melee boards, Connor.
And people that will probably go to the uni:
Myself
Cole
Eric
Connor
Conrad
Maybe, but probably not, Trevis

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Rob and I would show up. That makes 7, which is a decent gathering, no?

I think it'd be nice, even if we only did it once. It's been a while since we've all done something together.

I miss Smash, too.

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
I miss Smash hard. That and it sounds like a decent turnout, which is the basis for gathering a large crowd.

Unfortunately I don't have as many TVs as I used to.

How about something this weekend, guys?

Lol I've been playing jiggs so much just because of the Saskatchewan joke

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
Also make note that I'm living here, and I never have anything to do. So I'm always available to play. Everyone should have my phone number.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I should mention I work Saturdays and Sundays, so we can't do it on weekends. -_-
I have monday/tuesday off.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
Sooo this is kinda short notice but is anyone available for some smash tromorrow? I'll be droppin by saskatoon sometime in the afternoon.

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
Sooo this is kinda short notice but is anyone available for some smash tromorrow? I'll be droppin by saskatoon sometime in the afternoon.
I am. :3

What were you thinking, and how much autonomy do you think you have? I ask because I'm not sure if i want to tow my TV out of my place.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
I should be able to bring everything that is needed.

And I should be in saskatoon sometime around 3. I'll let you know with whatever happens.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
Oh. ya haha. I didn't quite understand what you were saying, but ya if you want I could try finding your house.

I will be bringing a friend though.

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
Oh. ya haha. I didn't quite understand what you were saying, but ya if you want I could try finding your house.

I will be bringing a friend though.
Well, my apartment is to myself, so I'm cool with that. (Berkley Manor, near 11th and Victoria) 327 11th st E, room 105. I don't have a buzzer, but the ground floor balcony at the back is a good place to knock. You'll know it's my apartment if you see a huge wooden Buster Sword in the window walking along the side of the building where there are no cars.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
I should be able to find that pretty easily and I'll probably be in Sakatoon sometime around 3.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
Whaaaaat? Why not?

Anyways, if it's still okay I'll probably arrive around 430 now. Have to wait for my cheque.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for never being able to respond in time to anything. We're FINALLY getting internet at our place tomorow.

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
Who here's available on Saturday for a quick meeting (so I guess it's Monty, Cole, Pierre and I)? I found what might be a new place. It's the Egad's Youth Centre on the corner of 1st and 24th, near the CTV station I work. I want to check it out to see if we can make a deal out there, however I know it's a bit far for some people.

If anyone else has other ideas, please let me know. I want this thing back up and running soon.

Top Bottom