• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Melee Tournament, Mar 8, X-tremeplay, Orlando, FL

dsegal

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros Melee 2v2, 1v1 FFA Tournament
March 8, 2008

Sixty (60) players competed in the last tournament!

NEW TOURNAMENT LOCATION:
The tournament will be held at our new second store located at the Lakes Activity Center in the Sheraton Vistana Resort. The address is 8701 Meadow Creek Drive, Orlando, FL 32821. The phone number is 407-239-3002. Come to the guard gate and tell them you are here to play in the Smash Brothers tournament at X-tremeplay in the Lakes Activity Center. They will let you enter the property and park near the center.

Directions: If you are heading south on SR535, go under I4 and make right at Meadow Creek Drive (Chevron Gas Station). Go past stop sign and make right into Sheraton Vistana Resort guard gate. Go straight ahead and make left before Recreation Center. Then, make right at first stop sign and park. The Lakes Activity Center is located right next to the basketball courts.

X-tremeplay Sheraton Vistana Resort, 8701 Meadow Creek Drive, Orlando, FL 32821-6353

http://www.x-tremeplay.com

Entry Fees:
Singles 1v1 FFA - $15 per player
Team 2v2 - $20 per team ($10 per player)

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS

Register and Free Practice from 10:00AM to 11:30AM
Matches start at 12:00PM

NEW TOURNAMENT FORMAT:

Singles 1v1 and Team 2v2 Events
Double elimination
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Rules = stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = OFF
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Time Limit = 8 minutes

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

All matches on TVs
Bring your own controllers (BYOC)

PRIZE PURSE:
60% of entry fees collected for each event

Zoro

Smash Champion
Its ffa dude
It doesnt matter if ur colbol man U CANT WIN

u just........cant
but good luck Lol

actually wait is it ffa or 1v1s? im confused haha
either way xtremeplay is wack

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I like how every time an extreme-gay tourney comes around...everybody posts DO NOT GO!!!! and then other people are like "Why not?"... And then some people still go because it's "easy money"...every time.

Extreme-gay tournaments are amazing if:

you want to realize what Smash is like with every ounce of fun stripped from it
you are a masochist
you just hate life in general
you really like your tourney directors to be fat douchebags with nothing better to do than yell at seasoned players.
you aren't able to correctly read a bracket either...GM in winners AND losers? nice.

If you have a couple or more of those qualities....you might consider going....might. If you don't, though, give no thought to this tourney....don't consider it...don't plan for it....don't think that we may all be wrong. Many have gone that way before and been really, really disappointed.

Seriously, take a one day job as a trashman or something....believe me, you'll like it better than this.

Please, please....just take my word for it.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I like how every time an extreme-gay tourney comes around...everybody posts DO NOT GO!!!! and then other people are like "Why not?"... And then some people still go because it's "easy money"...every time.

Extreme-gay tournaments are amazing if:

you want to realize what Smash is like with every ounce of fun stripped from it
you are a masochist
you just hate life in general
you really like your tourney directors to be fat douchebags with nothing better to do than yell at seasoned players.
you aren't able to correctly read a bracket either...GM in winners AND losers? nice.

If you have a couple or more of those qualities....you might consider going....might. If you don't, though, give no thought to this tourney....don't consider it...don't plan for it....don't think that we may all be wrong. Many have gone that way before and been really, really disappointed.

Seriously, take a one day job as a trashman or something....believe me, you'll like it better than this.

Please, please....just take my word for it.
The wise words of fenrir

Heed our warnings nubs

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
some highlights: I sat for hours doing nothing then did like 8 matches in a row. Then I was threatened to be DQ'd because sighrax and I wanted to eat and take a break. Threatened to be DQ'd if we didn't abide to garbage rules.

Also, they messed up the bracket big time. Green Mario was omnipresent at the tournament, being in both the winners and losers bracket at the same time. He almost got dq'd too for who knows what reason.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Which tourney was it where they screwed up big time?
They did move the location, maybe the people running this tournament aren't the same douche bags that usually run the tournament? I've been to 2 of these, and yeah, the people working there are *****, but maybe with a different location, different people are working there!

Zoro

Smash Champion
The one rohins is talking about is the last one they had at vistana
same location
probably same people

Vijin

Smash Ace
Oh, wow.
Screw that then.
I seriously like how word gets around fast. Treat the smash community like crap and all of a sudden, you're not making cash off of a smash tourney. lol
60 percent taken out of pot, too. Ouch.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wait....you mean there isn't 1v1 teams? dang....

hehe....what does 1v1 FFA even mean?

Anyways, Vijin...it's the same place...the same people.

Basically, they might as well put up a sign in their store that says

"no playing, no friendlies, no fun"

seriously...just....don't go.

Top Bottom