• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Contrary to popular belief, :4villager: isn't a psychopath, he's just really clumsy and oblivious.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Ever since :4bowserjr: made it in, :4bowser:'s relationship with him has gotten more heavy-handed and practical for the purpose of making him a bigger and more mature threat, to the effect of; "I'll take you to the park if you can land a punch on me".
  • :4luigi: and :4pacman: work together taking care of any hauntings around the area.
  • :4samus: feels uneasy putting on the Dark Samus suit and rather wouldn't.
  • :4ganondorf: was suffering from Resurrection Sickness during Brawl. He feels overconfident now that his power's starting to return.
  • :snake: is keeping tabs on the field with the help of Slippy, who's been moonlighting under him and designing some of his weapons.
  • :4falco: is kind of annoyed with :4robinf:, because when he first heard that a female Robin was joining the battle, he was picturing something else.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy this thread? Because I do.

• :pikachumelee: is in his twilight years, but :pichumelee:/:4pikachu: still looks up to him as an inspiration and a father figure and keeps him company. He got his predecessor's signature party hat for his birthday last year, and he keeps it close as a good-luck charm.
  • :4villager: likes to try to get :4fox::4dedede::4greninja::4lucario::4charizard::4yoshi::4duckhunt::4diddy: to do things like play hide-and-seek with him, and they humor him sometimes. And with :mewtwopm: gone, several of the nonhuman characters rely on him as their translator.
  • It was :4mario:'s request that :4bowserjr:only be allowed to use Shadow Mario as a Final Smash, because when he first showed up, he defaced the whole area in Mario's name. Again.
  • :4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf: commissioned the Miis' swords, because they knew where the good blacksmiths were.
  • :rosalina:has been the one managing the gateways between worlds ever since Subspace was destroyed.
  • :4littlemac: owns a :4lucario:, and has a Mega Ring hidden under one of his gloves. They regularly train with each other so that Mac knows how to deal with some of the more supernatural fighters.
I'm lovin' that boldened chunk.

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
Each Smash game is a tournament held by Sakurai himself to see who is the best. The winner gets to decide who makes it into the next tournament. Mario won 64 (he got Peach in Melee). Kirby won Melee (he got King Dedede in Brawl, and I don't care that Kirby was low tier in Melee because this is my headcanon). And Bowser won Brawl (he got his son in 4).

I'm aware that I'm probably the only person who works Sakurai into their headcanon.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
Picking off that :4robinm: has high functioning autism, he picked up some strategy games like advance wars, yggdra union, and super robot wars and beats them perfectly...namely because of his own obsessive nature.

BEFORE Smash, he would always hum this song butChrom doesn't know what it is. That is...until Chrom figures out it's the Megaman 2 theme song. Robin really loves that song.

Whenever someone travels to a series not their own,( like say Captain falcon visits Marth's world) they will get change to match the art style

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Picking of today's PoTD:

Tabuu has filled Master Hand with Shadow Bugs because he knew Smashers saw him as a threath.
You saw the result in the scene where the Chains of Light broke and Master Hand had a wound.
After you beat Master Hand, the Shadow Bugs are free and they are trying to force the gate to Subspace open.

These Shadow Bugs are somewhat different because SSB4 Mr. Game and Watch was used to make them.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Mewtwo would be in Smash 4, but he's too embarrased now that he has a female voice.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • :mewtwopm: is currently traveling and trying to find the other one. Whether his goal's to search and destroy her or to court her, nobody can tell. :4palutena: likes to tease him from afar with the possibility of the latter, though, and he gets cute when he's flustered.

Itora

Smash Rookie
Whenever someone is sent off into the blast zone, their vision goes completely black, and they feel nothing for a brief moment. When they come to, they're standing on the respawn platform.

After typing that out, It seems kinda frightening.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I suppose it would also explain why he doesn't understand why its problematic to marry someone who is essentially a time traveler.

Also another idea that got stuck in my head is that :4robinf: is somewhat sadistic. Like she Carries a horse crop wherever she goes

Also :4peach: is super competitive. She tends to be pretty amazing at ant event: basketball, tennis, board games, go kart racing, and definitely Smash
Doesn't understand? More like doesn't give a crap.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Even though :lucas: isn't coming back this time, Master Hand invited him to come to the tournament to help design the EarthBound stage. Lucas insisted that they include the Flying Man, a.k.a. Ness's Courage, so that his old pal Ness wouldn't be left alone on the battlefield.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Forget what I said about Tabuu and the Shadow Bugs.
The swarm is actually made of Dark Matter (Kirby)
Master Hand is the most powerful evil spirit in Kirby and breaking his core (SmashBall) transforms you in a "Soul" form of yourself and getting overwhelmed by the swarm either means:
-A Dark Copy of you is made (Dark Meta Knight/Dark Link/Meta Knight itself (from Kirby)
-You become whatever Dark Matter itself became

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
  • The Assist trophy characters do not live in the Smash Mansion, but in the Smash Apartments a few yards away the mansion in the backyard, which are similar to the Mii Apartments in Tomodachi Life
  • :4duckhunt: likes to sleep most of the time while
    likes to explore the mansion and see what the others are up to.
  • :4falco: and
    are brothers separated at birth, have a good relationship because Falco acts as a translator and is the only one in the mansion who he shares his bread with.
  • :4larry:,:4roy:,:4wendy:,:4iggy:,:4morton:,:4lemmy:,:4ludwig: and :4villagerf: + the other Villagers - :4villager: all share a room so that :4villagerf: and the other Villagers keep them under control.
  • :4wiifitm: is the nice guy and comical relief of the house, usually getting hurt when things go crazy
  • <hate> No one likes :4darkpit:. Not even :4wiifitm:. </hate>
  • People address :4wiifit: as Miss Fit and :4wiifitm: as Mr. Trainer.
  • :4villager: is Villager while:
  • :4villagerf: is ABBy (Ah-bee-bee; "Abby")
  • is ABB (pronunced Ay-buh-bee; "Abe"),
  • is BBA (pronounced Beh-beh-ay; "Beverly")
  • is BAA (Buh-Ah-Ay; Buddy)
  • is BAB (Buh-ah-buh; "Babs")
  • is AAA (Ah-ah-ay; "Anthony"; also goes by Triple A), and
  • is BAA (Buh-ay-ah; Bella)

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Pit tells really, really bad jokes, and is trying to start a comedy duo with Dark Pit.

Mr. Game & Watch and Pac-Man reminisce about the 80s on rocking chairs.

Because of Bowser Jr, Bowser and Rosalina have butted heads over the "right" way to raise children.

Falco hates Duck Hunt Dog because the ducks are threatening his monopoly on the mansion's supply of bread. "Hands off my bread", indeed.

Both Wii Fit Trainers are unable to approach Wario without a hazmat suit.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • :4yoshi:'s explosive egg custom is a ki attack – ki is traditionally drawn out from the stomach, and Yoshi has enough combat experience to have figured out how to take advantage of it with his own biology.
  • :4drmario:'s special battle megavitamins contain a substance that irritates the skin on contact. That's what causes their high hitstun.
  • :4falco: illegally modified "improved" some of his equipment by making off with "recycling" parts off of wrecked craft, resulting in his Arwing Blaster and Force Reflector customs.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Mega Man considers Dr. Mario to be his main rival, due to him always associating "doctor" with robot building mad scientist. He assumes the Doc built ROB as well.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
all the smash characters have a highschool reunion

Pit is scared to go because he remembers how much get got bullied by almost everyone in his classes

he decides to go anyway and the first thing he sees is Samus dunking Sonic's head in a toilet while Little Mac slams the lid on his head repeatedly

Pit immediately becomes frightened by this act of violence and decides to sit alone

two familiar faces come to his table :4falcon: :4lucario:

immediately Pit is reminded of how these two would beat him up every day and take his lunch money

C.Falcon and Lucario decide to sit next to Pit and start up a conversation

Falcon asks Pit how he's been doing in life

the very second pit opens his mouth, Falcon begins slamming his head against the table repeatedly while Lucario shanks him and steals all his money

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
:4tlink:Is actually a version of link from another dimension that was tortured by :4falcon:and put inside a trash compactor before being left their until he crunched down to his current size.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
:lucas::ivysaur:and:squirtle: couldnt return to smash because they were all arrested by :4falcon:
upon arresting them :4falcon: began to punch them until they were unconscious. to avoid mass amounts of paperwork, he decided not to take them to jail and instead, stuff them all in a wood chipper.

:snake: couldnt come back because he got old and overdosed on pain pills

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
:falco: was originally going to be cut instead of :wolf:, but then :falco: had a fit of tard rage and killed :wolf:during it, so nintendo had no choice but to keep the stupid bird in the game or else end up having only ONE starfox rep.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
:4falcon:was excited this year, as he was almost 100% sure he'd no longer be the only F-Zero rep in smash
he had high hopes that Blood Falcon would join with him on the battlefield

when suddenly word got out that Blood Falcon had been cut out as a candidate for smash 4, to make room for :4darkpit:

:4falcon:stands up, folds his steel chair and begins to mercilessly beat the everloving **** out of :4pit::4palutena:and:4darkpit: with it

Laniv

Smash Champion
Resetti left the Assist Trophies for his health.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
:4lucina: is super paranoid about making sure :4marth: doesn't get hurt in the tournament. Part of it is because of her hero worship of him, and the other part is that she thinks if her ancestor gets killed there will be some sort of time paradox. For the same reason, she's always watching him to make sure he stays faithful to Caeda.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik get together at a bar every Friday night. Fox and Falco are the buddies of the group, always with arms around one another's shoulders. Their friendship is borderline obnoxious. Marth is the upstanding and kind member of the group, but has the tendency to be self-indulgent. Sheik is curt and passive-aggressive because she's bitter about nobody loving her true persona. On these nights, they watch sports and make comments in character as to how I just described them. Fox and Falco make fart jokes during football huddles. To these, Marth bursts out laughing while Sheik only lets out a grunt (you can sort of see her eye brow raised in ninja-smile.)

Sometimes, these guys are joined by Captain Falcon and Samus, the group's power couple, as well as Peach and her lap-pet Jigglypuff.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
The Ice Climbers are on hiatus from both climbing and fighting, yet they are still present in the game; beneath their snow jackets they simple villagers who reside in The Villager's town (even outside smash)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Aristotle said that if you understand your character's desires and fears then your story is as good as written.
After all, everyone has an agenda.

To be honest, the reason I haven't jumped in with what I think are interesting relationship or plot or other such writing bits is because I'm debating on the form the tournament takes place in.
Are the competitors amnesiacs? Do they have contact with their previous world? Can they travel where they want and when they want? What medium do they interact through aside from the battles? Where the heck even are they when they aren't fighting? Oh well, I guess I better just make something up eventually :D

Top Bottom