• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Do you need help identifying all of the music tracks that were in the trailer?

Cause I'm more than willing to help there. :shades:
Thanks!

I've identified a lot of them, though. That Dark Pit's Theme, that Id (Purpose), that Multi-Man Melee 2 and that Gerudo Valley. Those four songs really got me hyped!

I'm still going to rework the music section to be more similar to the stages section. After that, I'll add the newly revealed songs.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Can I help? Town & City should be listed as originally coming from Animal Crossing: City Folk (Listing the whole series is too broad).

SOME MUSIC TRACKS CONFIRMED IN DIRECT:

Boss Battle 1 (SSBB)
Dark Pit's Theme (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Tour (Animal Crossing New Leaf)
Rosalina's Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)
Kappn's Song (Animal Crossing New Leaf)
Hula Hoop (While the track debuted in the original Wii Fit, it has been in Wii Fit Plus and U. Wii Fit series?)
Ballad of the Goddess (TLOZ: Skyward Sword)
Corneria (Star Fox/Brawl)
World Map (Pikmin 2/Brawl)
Chapter 1: The Return of Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Whew! What a mouthfull!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
So...Male Wii Fit Trainer and Wire Frame Little Mac. Does anyone take that as a sign that every character is going to have Alternate Costumes?

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
If the Charizard/Greninja trailer is any indication of pokeball pokemon (considering half of them shown in the trailer were also shown in gameplay), here are the other ones that also appear that you don't have listed:

Swirlix
Gardevoir
Giratina
Kyogre
Latias
Suicune
Latios
Inkay
Oshawott
Snivy

Here are the Smash Run enemies I've noticed, in case you want to add a section for that.

Bulborb (Pikmin)
Bullet Bill (Mario)
Chandelure (Pokémon)
Fire Chomp (Mario)
Goomba (standard, giant) (Mario)
Hammer Bro (Mario)
Kihunter (Metroid)
Kritter (green, blue) (Donkey Kong)
Lakitu (Mario)
Magikoopa (Mario)
Mettaur (Mega Man)
Mimicutie (Kid Icarus)
Mite (Super Smash Bros.)
Monoeye (Kid Icarus)
Plasma Wisp (Kirby)
Polar Bear (Ice Climber)
Poppant (Super Smash Bros.)
Reaper (Kid Icarus)
Roturret (Super Smash Bros.)
Shotzo (Kirby)
Shy Guy (cyan, yellow) (Mario)
Stalfos (Legend of Zelda)
Tac (Kirby)
Tiki Buzz (Donkey Kong)
Waddle Dee (Kirby)

Edit: Apparently Kirby's Gordo and Kid Icarus's Skuttler are in, according to the wiki.

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
If you need help with character changes, here's what I could gather from the Direct:

- Zero Laser no longer breaks Samus's armor.
- Sheik, Charizard, and Zero Suit Samus are now standalone characters.
- The Phantom that we saw when Zelda was revealed is confirmed to be her new Down Special: the Phantom Slash.
- Olimar can now only carry 3 Pikmin at a time. Not only that, he picks them in a fixed order regardless of terrain: red, yellow, blue, purple, white, then back to red again and the cycle continues.
- Given the above change to Olimar, he has a new Up Special: Flying Pikmin. This recovery move is affected by the number of Pikmin Olimar has- the more he's hauling, the less upward momentum the move gains.
- Lucario's aura trait has indeed been buffed, as was stated during his Miiverse reveal. Aura now affects his Extremespeed- it travels longer distances depending on the strength of his trait.
- Lucario's Mega Evolution also appears- this will put his aura trait at max power regardless of damage. How he achieves this form is unknown.
- King Dedede now throws only Gordos instead of a mix of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and Gordos.
- Yoshi stands upright now.
- Yoshi's down aerial seems to have more horizontal knockback on the last hit.
- The eggs coming from Egg Throw now have a rainbow effect to them.
- Sheik has two new specials: Burst Grenade for her side special, and Bouncing Fish for her down special.
- Zero Suit Samus's kicking attacks are more powerful, thanks to her new jet boots.
- ZSS apparently has a new up special similar to Cammy's Cannon Spike from Street Fighter.
- Pit's new Final Smash is the Three Sacred Tresures.
- The gliding mechanic has been removed from Pit's repitoire- though it's unknown if it affects other characters that have this mechanic.
- The Power of Flight is Pit's new Up Special.
- Charizard seems to have gained a new flaming tackle move- possibly a new down special.
- Charizard's X form of his Mega Evolution appears, though it's unknown how it is obtained.
- Kirby's side special, now known as Hammer Flip, is now chargeable and acts similarly to Dedede's Jet Hammer in that he can move while charging.
- Kirby's new Final Smash is the Ultra Sword from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

This was all I could gather from the Direct. I'll watch it again and try to find what I missed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Just saying but the Comet Observatory theme has indeed been remixed.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
- King Dedede now throws only Gordos instead of a mix of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and Gordos. They can be hit back at Dedede.
- Kirby's side special, now known as Hammer Flip, is now chargeable and acts similarly to Dedede's Jet Hammer in that he accumulates damage when fully charged and can move while charging.
Some minor nitpicks off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Shel

Smash Cadet
If you need help with character changes, here's what I could gather from the Direct:

- Zero Laser no longer breaks Samus's armor.
- Sheik, Charizard, and Zero Suit Samus are now standalone characters.
- The Phantom that we saw when Zelda was revealed is confirmed to be her new Down Special: the Phantom Slash.
- Olimar can now only carry 3 Pikmin at a time. Not only that, he picks them in a fixed order regardless of terrain: red, yellow, blue, purple, white, then back to red again and the cycle continues.
- Given the above change to Olimar, he has a new Up Special: Flying Pikmin. This recovery move is affected by the number of Pikmin Olimar has- the more he's hauling, the less upward momentum the move gains.
- Lucario's aura trait has indeed been buffed, as was stated during his Miiverse reveal. Aura now affects his Extremespeed- it travels longer distances depending on the strength of his trait.
- Lucario's Mega Evolution also appears- this will put his aura trait at max power regardless of damage. How he achieves this form is unknown.
- King Dedede now throws only Gordos instead of a mix of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and Gordos.
- Yoshi stands upright now.
- Yoshi's down aerial seems to have more horizontal knockback on the last hit.
- The eggs coming from Egg Throw now have a rainbow effect to them.
- Sheik has two new specials: Burst Grenade for her side special, and Bouncing Fish for her down special.
- Zero Suit Samus's kicking attacks are more powerful, thanks to her new jet boots.
- ZSS apparently has a new up special similar to Cammy's Cannon Spike from Street Fighter.
- Pit's new Final Smash is the Three Sacred Tresures.
- The gliding mechanic has been removed from Pit's repitoire- though it's unknown if it affects other characters that have this mechanic.
- The Power of Flight is Pit's new Up Special.
- Charizard seems to have gained a new flaming tackle move- possibly a new down special.
- Charizard's X form of his Mega Evolution appears, though it's unknown how it is obtained.
- Kirby's side special, now known as Hammer Flip, is now chargeable and acts similarly to Dedede's Jet Hammer in that he can move while charging.
- Kirby's new Final Smash is the Ultra Sword from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

This was all I could gather from the Direct. I'll watch it again and try to find what I missed.
Link has a new running attack. Samus has a new nair. Link also may have another new attack but it may be a customizable attack and not a default one. When you K.O players your character has a burst of energy flash around them ala Dragon Ball Z.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Link has a new running attack. Samus has a new nair. Link also may have another new attack but it may be a customizable attack and not a default one. When you K.O players your character has a burst of energy flash around them ala Dragon Ball Z.
What's the other new attack?

Here some character specific stuff I put in another thread

- Olimar has a new attack similar to Wario's f-tilt. At 5:13, Olimar winds-up a punch, as opposed to his new jabs where he just punches with no wind up.
- The hop Sonic does at the start of his side-b at 5:30 is much faster than in Brawl.
- Dedede seems to have a new b-air. At 5:33 he swings his hammer in an identical motion to his Brawl f-air. But going through frame by frame, he starts the move facing the other way and when he lands his back is still turned toward the opponent.
- DK's up-b does nothing to Mega Man at 8:19. Megaman just takes the hits walks right through.
- Diddy's dash attack has been adjusted. At 9:52, he still cartwheels but hits with his feet first and then ends by slamming the ground with his hands. Right after you can also he his u-tilt now covers much more space around him, showing off his increased flexibility.
- Bowsers fire breath doesn't cause any knockback or stun to Mario or Marth at 14:47.
- At 22:18, Samuses super missle is knocked away by Pit's new upperdash arm.

Shel

Smash Cadet
What's the other new attack?

Here some character specific stuff I put in another thread

- Olimar has a new attack similar to Wario's f-tilt. At 5:13, Olimar winds-up a punch, as opposed to his new jabs where he just punches with no wind up.
- The hop Sonic does at the start of his side-b at 5:30 is much faster than in Brawl.
- Dedede seems to have a new b-air. At 5:33 he swings his hammer in an identical motion to his Brawl f-air. But going through frame by frame, he starts the move facing the other way and when he lands his back is still turned toward the opponent.
- DK's up-b does nothing to Mega Man at 8:19. Megaman just takes the hits walks right through.
- Diddy's dash attack has been adjusted. At 9:52, he still cartwheels but hits with his feet first and then ends by slamming the ground with his hands. Right after you can also he his u-tilt now covers much more space around him, showing off his increased flexibility.
- Bowsers fire breath doesn't cause any knockback or stun to Mario or Marth at 14:47.
- At 22:18, Samuses super missle is knocked away by Pit's new upperdash arm.
Oops! Not a new attack? Maybe a new dodge or something? Because the sword slash looks almost exactly like his new running attack: http://gfycat.com/AromaticPossibleArgusfish

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm wondering if all characters can hit the Gordo's back at Dedede, or if that's a new function of ZSS and her Jet Boots - that she can kick back projectiles?
It would be very silly for a random non-special attack with no visual indication to just reflect back projectiles tho. I think the Gordos just "belong" to whoever hit them last.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
A very minor thing, but I think the Rocket Barrel theme is a new arrangement. Same with Kapp'n's Song, Rosalina's Observatory, and Dark Pit's theme.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
By the way, Link can be confirmed as having all his specials back. He used the Gale Boomerang in the trailer. I don't know about Tink though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Suprising nobody mentioned custom movesets (alternate versions of some moves)

Should be a section for different moves for each character

Let's start with mario since he showed it off first

Normal special A the fire balls from the begining of smash

Normal special B bigger fire balls and shorter distance from normal balls

Normal special C smaller and shooting version of fireballs

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Are those themes remixed for this game too?
I actually found the version, the one that plays in the Direct is an original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_VX7EA7g (there are like 7 or so versions of the same tune, don't blame me >:[ )

NOPE I'm wrong again it seems like a remix, albeit a very light one.
Versions that sound similar but are different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww041wiZAJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_VX7EA7g

...so yeah, remix. Tropical Freeze's Rocket Barrel songs are different in terms of instruments at least (example).
Kapp'n's Song is certainly a remix though.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually found the version, the one that plays in the Direct is an original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_VX7EA7g (there are like 7 or so versions of the same tune, don't blame me >:[ )

NOPE I'm wrong again it seems like a remix, albeit a very light one.
Versions that sound similar but are different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww041wiZAJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_VX7EA7g

...so yeah, remix. Tropical Freeze's Rocket Barrel songs are different in terms of instruments at least (example).
Kapp'n's Song is certainly a remix though.
Yep, the Rocket Barrel theme is a remix. There are some noticeable differences from any of the DKCR versions.

Time to update the OP. Thanks for the help!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Here are the Smash Run enemies I've noticed, in case you want to add a section for that.

Bulborb (Pikmin)
Bullet Bill (Mario)
Chandelure (Pokémon)
Fire Chomp (Mario)
Goomba (standard, giant) (Mario)
Hammer Bro (Mario)
Kihunter (Metroid)
Kritter (green, blue) (Donkey Kong)
Lakitu (Mario)
Magikoopa (Mario)
Mettaur (Mega Man)
Mimicutie (Kid Icarus)
Mite (Super Smash Bros.)
Monoeye (Kid Icarus)
Plasma Wisp (Kirby)
Polar Bear (Ice Climber)
Poppant (Super Smash Bros.)
Reaper (Kid Icarus)
Roturret (Super Smash Bros.)
Shotzo (Kirby)
Shy Guy (cyan, yellow) (Mario)
Stalfos (Legend of Zelda)
Tac (Kirby)
Tiki Buzz (Donkey Kong)
Waddle Dee (Kirby)

Edit: Apparently Kirby's Gordo and Kid Icarus's Skuttler are in, according to the wiki.
I saw Gordo and Skuttler in the gameplay.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can you relist the Tomodachi Collection stage as a Tomodachi Life stage? We finally have a localization!

http://youtu.be/lcmx4kC0tiU?t=9m21s
I was already intending on doing that, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. I have changed it already.

Anyway, I won't have much time to update the list today, but I intend on updating and reworking the character changes section next. The section will be categorized per character. Currently, it is too confusing.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Toon Link change. His arrows now vanish in mid-air if they don't hit anything in time.

Also some new cute thing Mario and Luigi have. When they dash off ledges they do a flip. Also turn around jumps from Brawl are confirmed to still be in if they haven't already.

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
I can't thank you enough for this. Reading it all is very entertaining. Can't wait to see when the character change section is finalized. Let me know when that's complete. Thanks again.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm furious now. I had just redone the character changes section only for this crap give me an error and lose everything. What a load of bull****. So much time lost... >_>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Character changes section reworked and updated! If you notice missing information, notify me and I'll add it.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Nice job. Not much big stuff missing.

-If you're going to mention Bowser's new upright stance, might as well include Yoshi's too.
-Sonic's dair has a meteor sweetspot.

-Palutena's Temple has a Final Destination form.

Dairz

Smash Ace
New things for Bowser from direct:
- Dair now only hits once and functions like Sonic/Toon Link's dair
- Spins during Up smash
- Up special has more vertical height increase

Top Bottom