• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Still waiting on Captain Falcon. All this tech and dash-dancing stuff looks very promising, but after Brawl I'm reserving all judgment until the final product is on my TV.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The lines being optional has been known for a good long while now, but if it hasn't been added to the OP, it should be.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The lines being optional has been known for a good long while now, but if it hasn't been added to the OP, it should be.
Actually, it wasn't in the OP. It appears I forgot to put it there when that was confirmed, but I have added it already. Anyway, thanks for making me verify that.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Cuccos confirmed. I guess Sakurai was on McLeodGaming that day because their description of how they function sounds nearly identical to how they act in Smash Flash 2. Creepy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Cuccos confirmed. I guess Sakurai was on McLeodGaming that day because their description of how they function sounds nearly identical to how they act in Smash Flash 2. Creepy.
Well, to be fair, that's how they function in the Zelda series. Hit the Cucco and it gets angry.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's not the first time Sakurai ROBS the fanbase of their ideas.
He totally stole Skyloft from Project M!

I'm ****ing joking. No need for another ridiculous warning.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The ore hammer from kid Icarus upspring is a item

Ok and andross the way he was in brawl is a assist trophy again

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Sure you did. :p

Isabelle from the Animal Crossing series has been confirmed to appear in some capacity- Most likely as an assist trophy.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
It looks a lot like a companion cube to me. Could it be hinting that Chell is the next newcomer!?!?!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Given it's midnight where I am, this thread will be updated tomorrow, once I re-watch the Direct and note all the information. Please be patient till then!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Good luck filling with all of the updates I can't remember them all

I got

Pokemon trainer is dead (aka charizard is playable and alone this time)

Greninja is playable (this is a dun dun duuuun for mewtwo)

And 3 returners

YoshI shiek and ZZS

Items

Beam sword, smart bomb ,master ball (now legendarys a have there own type of ball)

Assist trophys (or dead as playable

Sakurai Torah(dead) saki(dead) dark samus(dead) devil(dead)

Ok I can't remember everything

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, from what I can remember, having just finished the Stream:

Samurai Goroh, Devil, Lyn, Saki, Dr. Wright, Waluigi all shown as returning AT's (can't remember if Waluigi was revealed already, so mentioning him)
Elec Man (Mega man), Chain Chomp (Mario), Nintendo's version of Pong (can't remember the game now), Dark Samus (Metroid), and there was another I can't remember the name of now
Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Charizard (separate from Pokemon Trainer, who is also likely not returning) as returning veterans
Greninja is the newest Newcomer
Customization of moves, will be talked about at a later time in full
Palutena, Bandana Dee, Ridley possibly hinted at by Pit FS change and Pseudo-Palutena trophy troll, removal of Waddle Dees from Dedede's moveset, and his shadow being shown in the Direct, respectively
Wii Fit TRAINERS, referred to officially in the Promo art thingy, due to both Trainers being select-able and having the same stats, just a different gender. No word on female Villager, though
Fennekin, Staryu, Deoxys, Meowth, Arceus confirmed returning Pokeball Mon
Chespin shown in Greninja's reveal trailer in the Pokemon crowd, likely not playable, possibly Pokenall Mon. Jigglypuff, Hawlucha, and Mewtwo missing from crowd shot, lends credibility towards play-ability or not being included in the game at all
Various moveset details and changes to veterans (Yoshi confirmed for Bowser-like stance change)
Mega Lucario FS, Mega Charizard X for Charizard, unknown if FS or alternate costume (likely former)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sakurai Torah? You mean Samurai Goroh?

Anyways, other new items include the Blue Shell, Bombchu, POW block, Fire Bar (kind of surprised that this is a beam sword type weapon) Back Shield (was this new?) and Rocket Belt.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I'll fill in a few gaps too, if I may.

All multiple form characters have either been split or dropped. (ZSS, Sheik, and Charizard are standalone characters.)

Two alternate costumes officially unveiled: Wireframe Mac and Male Wii Fit Trainer.

Assist Trophies announced (Also means Deconfirmed as playable): Samurai Goroh, Andross, Devil (Devil's World), Knuckle Joe, Saki Amamiya, Lyn, Nintendog, Waluigi, Dr. Wright, Skull Kid, Mother Brain, Midna, Ashley, Dark Samus, Chain Chomp, Isabelle, Elec Man, Color TV-Game 15 (PONG!!!).

Masterballs appear and feature rare Pokemon. Probably a rare item.

ZSS has jet boots giving her powerful kicks. The Phantom is Zelda's new down-b. Sheik has two new moves (Burst Grenade and Bouncing Fish). Kirby's hammer is chargable now. Seems like Dedede's. Dedede only throws Gordos now. Lucario has a Mega Evolution with permanently maximum aura. (Maybe Final Smash?). Olimar's down to three Pikmin and a time, but has a new recovery, with winged Pikmin.

New Final Smashes! Kirby's Ultra Sword. Pit's Three Sacred Treasures. Rosalina's Power Star. Little Mac's Giga Mac. Villager's Dream Home. Mega Man's Costar.

That's at least some of what was unveiled. Hope it helps.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Sakurai Torah? You mean Samurai Goroh?

Anyways, other new items include the Blue Shell, Bombchu, POW block, Fire Bar (kind of surprised that this is a beam sword type weapon) Back Shield (was this new?) and Rocket Belt.
Where was the blue shell? I don't remember seeing that.

The stages were Final Destination, Balloon Fight, Halberd, and Jungle Japes. Also a lot of stages will have a Final Destination version.

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Where was the blue shell? I don't remember seeing that.

The stages were Final Destination, Balloon Fight, Halberd, and Jungle Japes. Also a lot of stages will have a Final Destination version.
Blue shell is visible for a brief moment when they show the Halberd stage. I thought it was strange that it wasn't mentioned in the item reel when he got to that.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's Pikmin are in a fixed order now of Red, Yellow, Blue, White, and Purple

Pokeball Pokemon are: all who have been confirmed there are: Arceus, Meowth, Electrode, Eevee, Staryu, Metagross, Fennekin, Meloetta, Gogoat, Entei, Deoxys, Palkia, Kyurem, Victini, Keldeo, and Xerneas

Another Pokemon stage was shown, Greninja at Diantha and Drasna's battlefield (Elite 4 stage)

Seems like the gliding technique was also dropped

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'm doing an analysis video on it guys, ala GameXplain, except more focus on the minute details we like to chew up. I'm only halfway through looking through the trailer frame by frame but it'll be up soon!

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Tom Nook deconfirmed! He appears in Villager's Final Smash.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Oh also the Bunny Hood was shown off on ZSS' page on the main website.

Also according to Serebii's twitter, the Tanooki Leaf and Bullet Bill are items too.

More Pokemon shown: Snorlax, Goldeen, Mew, Bellossom, Darkrai, Chespin, Spewpa
I saw when they were scrolling fast at the beginnig of Charizard's trailers: Snivy, Gardevoir, Inkay....though who knows with those 3.

Enemies in Smash Run:

Kremling (DKC)
Shy Guys (Yoshi)
Kamek (Yoshi)
Goomba (Mario)
Bulborb (Pikmin)
Hammer Bros. (Mario)
Waddle Dee w/ Umbrella (Kirby)
TAC (Kirby)
Shotzo (Kirby)
Stalfos (LoZ)
Bullet Bills (Mario)
Kihunter (Metroid)
Chandelure (PKMN)
Reaper (KI)
Mimicutie (KI)
Mettaur (Mega Man)
Tiki Buzz (DK)
Poppant (SSBB)
Roturret (SSBB)
Mite (SSBB)

there's one other (the floating eyeball...looks like a KI enemy?)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There is a lot of returning items, and seemingly new items on these 4 pages here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/
Drill Arm (Uprising)
Super Scope
Urchins (Chu Chu Land)
Soccer Ball
Franklin Badge
Lightning (Mario Kart)
Stopwatch
Some sort of Treasure Chest?
Warp Star
Heart Container (Has a new design?)
Star Rod
Bullet Bills
Flaming Box (the one that explodes in Brawl)
Golden Hammer
Hammer
Pitfall (Animal Crossing)
Lip's Stick
Spring (Donkey Kong)
Eye Turret (Uprising)
Deku Nut
Gooey Bomb
Sparkys (Super Mario World)
Banana Peel
Bees (Animal Crossing)
Team Healer
Freezie
Boomerang (Super Mario 3D Land)
Raccoon Suit (SMB3)

Galaga
Rally X

Mr. Saturn
Spiny Shell (Mario Kart)

The underlined items are from Bandai Namco games.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I did kinda sorta predict that Mega Man's Final Smash would have something to do with his other versions teaming up. Seriously, go check it out on my 'Mega Man Final Smash Ideas' thread.

Also, PONG IN SMASH BROS! Whoever owns Pong copyright wise appears to not be mentioned, as it appears to be a Smash Bros original character.

I'm also happy to see that all of the Subspace Emissary original enemies are returning for the new 3DS mode. Some of the designs were too creative to be simply used for one game in my opinion.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Started reworking on the OP. Characters, Assist Trophies and Pokémon have been updated!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I have a few corrections on returning Pokémon.

We saw Goldeen in the video when Greninja uses its water fountain move. It's flopping on the ground near it.

We also see Bellosom on Charizard's page on Miiverse.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have a few corrections on returning Pokémon.

We saw Goldeen in the video when Greninja uses its water fountain move. It's flopping on the ground near it.

We also see Bellosom on Charizard's page on Miiverse.
Thanks for the info!

Anyway, I've updated the OP with stage information. It has been reworked into a table detailing origin, versions available and other information.

Top Bottom