• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Here's a gif I quickly ripped from the direct. It shows mario in action, and I think gives us a decent idea about movement/aerial speed. If I'm not mistaken, the aerials look more momentum based than they were in Brawl (though I'm no Brawl expert). Also, you can see from his little dash movement at the beginning that there is certainly potential for dash dancing, at the very least the dash is improved.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Item section updated!

All items from Brawl are confirmed to return except the Fan, Party Ball and Dragoon. In addition to those, we have a total of 22 new items.

That means the grand total of confirmed items is 69.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Item section updated!

All items from Brawl are confirmed to return except the Fan, Party Ball and Dragoon. In addition to those, we have a total of 22 new items.

That means the grand total of confirmed items is 69.
Wow, that's a lot of items. I saw someone on another forum mention they saw a Dragoon piece on Halberd, but I couldn't see it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow, that's a lot of items. I saw someone on another forum mention they saw a Dragoon piece on Halberd, but I couldn't see it.
Now you got me curious. During the Direct, right? Because I haven't seen any Dragoon part on the screenshots.

Guess it's time to watch the Direct again.

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
it said the speed would be in between melee and brawl, so is that like PM speed??? i just dont wanna feel groggy while playing ya know, also i wanna know if an adapter would work for this smash, the adapter for the cube controller

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
At the start of the Greninja/Zard trailer, there's a ton of Pokémon shown. Nearly all of them have been confirmed to appear by now (either by Direct or the images that have shown up today). There's a bunch that we haven't seen yet, but will probably appear as well. I know they're not really confirmed in the traditional sense, but I think they're as good as.

They are (in alphabetical order):
  • Giratina (NEW)
  • Inkay (NEW)
  • Kyogre
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Oshawott (NEW)
  • Snivy (NEW)
  • Suicune
  • Swirlix (NEW)
  • EDIT: Togepi
  • Zoroark (NEW)

There's could be one or two more, but I can't make them out because Swirlix is in the way (they may be Mew or Arceus, though - I don't think I saw them anywhere else in the line-up).

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Another user posted an image of the Dragoon part in the Direct thread.

Dragoon seen here
Lol. I actually just returned to this thread to say I've found the Dragoon part on the Direct. It appears a split second before the Yellow Devil caption pops up.

Guess it's another item confirmed to return. 70 items... Reveal the Party Ball and the Fan and all Brawl items are all confirmed back.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Update on some more Smash Run enemies

Polar Bear (Ice Climbers)
Flame Chomps (Mario)
Lakitu/Spiny (Mario)
Gordo Goombas (Mario)
Plasma Wisps (Kirby)
Gordos (Kirby)
Shotzos (Kirby)
Monoeye (Kid Icarus)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At the start of the Greninja/Zard trailer, there's a ton of Pokémon shown. Nearly all of them have been confirmed to appear by now (either by Direct or the images that have shown up today). There's a bunch that we haven't seen yet, but will probably appear as well. I know they're not really confirmed in the traditional sense, but I think they're as good as.

• Giratina (NEW)
  • Inkay (NEW)
  • Kyogre
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Oshawott (NEW)
  • Snivy (NEW)
  • Suicune
  • Swirlix (NEW)
  • Zoroark (NEW)

There's could be one or two more, but I can't make them out because Swirlix is in the way (they may be Mew, Snorlax or Arceus, though - I don't think I saw them anywhere else in the line-up).
And good news no sign of mewtwo in the bundle

Sadly zoroark was

splat

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice the blue shell? Wonder what it'll do...
It hovers above one of the players (probably the one in first position, since it's a blue shell) before flipping over and dropping down (take a look at the footage, it's aiming at Mario):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs#t=361

-

Also, here's the current list of characters set to appear in Smash Run:

Bulborb (Pikmin)
Bullet Bill (Mario)
Chandelure (Pokémon)
Flame Chomp (Mario)
Goomba (Mario) / Regular, Grand
Gordo (Kirby)
Hammer Bro (Mario)
Kihunter (Metroid)
Kritter (Donkey Kong) / Green, Blue
Lakitu (Mario)
Magikoopa (Mario)
Mettaur (Mega Man)
Mimicutie (Kid Icarus)
Mite (Smash Bros.)
Monoeye (Kid Icarus)
Parasol Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Plasma Wisp (Kirby)
Polar Bear (Ice Climbers)
Poppant (Smash Bros.)
Reaper (Kid Icarus)
Roturret (Smash Bros.)
Shotzo (Kirby)
Shy Guy (Mario) / Yellow, Blue
Skuttler (Kid Icarus)
Stalfos (Zelda)
Tac (Kirby)
Tiki Buzz (Donkey Kong)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wall jumping is definitely returnintg. It's done dozens of times in the Smash Run video.

Also, tethers seem to be removed. ZSS doesn't have a tether Up-Special anymore (she might still have her side b tether but it wasn't shown), Olimar doesn't have a tether anymore, Ivysaur seems to be cut. Overall tethers seems like they might have been removed from the game, at least the Special move tethers (Z-Air might still be there for Link, TLink and Samus).

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Guys? I just went through the second set of GamXplain Screenshots and can confirm that so far, all the Pokemon seen in the Greninja Trailer are Pokeball Pokemon.

Also, there's THIS little Gem I found during the Smash Run segment. It's the Power Bomb! You can see it clearly if you stop at 31:50 on the Direct.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I can confirm the Dragoon piece on Halberd. It's there for a split second before it changes scenes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, there's THIS little Gem I found during the Smash Run segment. It's the Power Bomb! You can see it clearly if you stop at 31:50 on the Direct.
It looks like it's an item, considering Pikachu wasn't hurt by the explosion. I don't see Pikachu throwing the bomb, though. It simply appears out of nowhere and explodes. Maybe it's one of those exclusive upgrades of the Smash Run mode?

Aside from that, it is a Power Bomb from the Metroid series indeed. It even does the same sound effect as Samus's bombs.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Wall jumping is definitely returnintg. It's done dozens of times in the Smash Run video.

Also, tethers seem to be removed. ZSS doesn't have a tether Up-Special anymore (she might still have her side b tether but it wasn't shown), Olimar doesn't have a tether anymore, Ivysaur seems to be cut. Overall tethers seems like they might have been removed from the game, at least the Special move tethers (Z-Air might still be there for Link, TLink and Samus).
Sheik's was completely removed, too. (Chain - Forward B)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, it went off on its own because of the Magikoopa's magic hitting it. Also, comments over at that Gonintendo article have gotten me to look at the Halberd Stage, and verified that the Dragoon has returned as well.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Do you guys need the Pokemon at the beginning of the Charizard trailer?

Togepi, Swirlix,Darkrai,Gardevoir, Kyogre, Snorlax, Lugia, Zoroark, Suicine, Chespin, Snivey and Inkay are there. I saw two others but I could not make them . Also, Goldeen appears in the Greninja trailer. This is from frame by frame analysis so, you can verify if you wish.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Do you need help identifying all of the music tracks that were in the trailer?

Cause I'm more than willing to help there. :shades:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I don't think these indicate anything of the sort...

Remember Melee's intro? Not all of the Pokemon shown were Pokeballs, at least to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong.
That might be true, if it weren't for the fact that every confirmed Pokemon in the GameXplain shots are all seen in the trailer.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bros-direct-on-april-8th-3pm-pst.351659/page-151#post-16593588
I know for sure that everything up to the 20 minute mark is complete but I didn't do anything from 20 until the end (except like 3).
Hmm...

Looking back at this...

The Pikmin theme that you're not sure on is actually from both Pikmin and Pkimin 2.

It's the World Map/Main Theme.

Brawl did something similar.

It's labeled as just Pikmin 2, but it's wrong. :/

The Mega Man track is Spark Man from Mega Man 3.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Hmm...

Looking back at this...

The Pikmin theme that you're not sure on is actually from both Pikmin and Pkimin 2.

It's the World Map/Main Theme.

Brawl did something similar.

It's labeled as just Pikmin 2, but it's wrong. :/

The Mega Man track is Spark Man from Mega Man 3.

Huh, weird the Brawl source is wrong. Well, the more you know.

I am 99% certain that the rest of second half of that list is correct though.

splat

Smash Lord
Do you guys need the Pokemon at the beginning of the Charizard trailer?

Togepi, Swirlix,Darkrai,Gardevoir, Kyogre, Snorlax, Lugia, Zoroark, Suicine, Chespin, Snivey and Inkay are there. I saw two others but I could not make them . Also, Goldeen appears in the Greninja trailer. This is from frame by frame analysis so, you can verify if you wish.
I made a list already which is more complete. Chespin and Snorlax have been shown on screens (and as such, are already in the first post), by the way :)

• Giratina (NEW)
  • Inkay (NEW)
  • Kyogre
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Oshawott (NEW)
  • Snivy (NEW)
  • Suicune
  • Swirlix (NEW)
  • EDIT: Togepi