• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Notes on the Balloon Flight Stage:
If you go all the way to the right of the stage, you will appear on the left side, and vice versa.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
samus has a new nair she kicks infont then behind, its kinda like toon links neutral.

peach's second jump is now her melee jump with brawl speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Lucario's aura trait now affects Extemespeed. It gains distance as the aura trait grows stronger.

This was confirmed in one of February's PotDs and was seen in Lucario's portion of the April 8th direct.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Hey OP, I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you put into this thread. I know it's hard work and we all love Smash! Thanks!

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pit has a new flip kick uptilt, a spinning blade forward air, and new animations on his forward tilt and forward smash.
Zero Suit Samus has a new double kick forward smash.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Hi there!

What a last week! so much work in smashbros-miiverse :(

I just wanna say thanks for joining all the info here, this post help me a lot to find some stuff that I didnt see confirm, and also to create the new subpage of the site for music. I coundnt find the new arragament (only the recreated), so right now there is only original or brawl/melee versions. Lets see if I can upgrade in the futur.
Here is the link (i will put it in the menu soon... the 3ds menu doesnt make sense anymore because after the direct there is too many pictures of 3ds :p)

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/music

upload_2014-4-16_21-47-22.png

Always open for suggestions!!

thanks you for the help!!!

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Hi there!

I just wanna say thanks for joining all the info here, this post help me a lot to find some stuff that I didnt see confirm, and also to create the new subpage of the site for music. I coundnt find the new arragament (only the recreated), so right now there is only original or brawl/melee versions. Lets see if I can upgrade in the futur.
Here is the link (i will put it in the menu soon... the 3ds menu doesnt make sense anymore because after the direct there is too many pictures of 3ds :p)

View attachment 12396

Wait, how do we know the music for Prism Tower? Aren't all 3DS stages supposed to have a maximum of two sogs anyway?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Can anyone tell me where Ridley's theme plays in the direct?

Hi there!

View attachment 12396

Wait, you made that site?! I love that place, I go there all the time, you've done a great job!

Edit: Oops, double post, sorry!

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Wait, how do we know the music for Prism Tower? Aren't all 3DS stages supposed to have a maximum of two sogs anyway?
You are right!, I just put it in the other pokemon stage from Wii U. Maybe is a better idea to put it by sagas and not by stages... I dont have right now a way to know where the songs goes... I think I will change it, what do you think?

Wait, you made that site?! I love that place, I go there all the time, you've done a great job!

Edit: Oops, double post, sorry!
Thanks!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You are right!, I just put it in the other pokemon stage from Wii U. Maybe is a better idea to put it by sagas and not by stages... I dont have right now a way to know where the songs goes... I think I will change it, what do you think?
I think it's a better idea to put them by series for now, as not all songs are confirmed to be playing on a specific stage.

However, I think the songs confirmed for a certain stage should be categorized on that stage. (Gerudo Valley song plays on the Gerudo Valley stage, for example.)

Anyway, you've been doing a great job on that site! Glad I could help you with this list.

Last edited:

Clipse

Smash Cadet
I think it's a better idea to put them by series for now, as not all songs are confirmed to be playing on a specific stage.

However, I think the songs confirmed for a certain stage should be categorized on that stage. (Gerudo Valley song plays on the Gerudo Valley stage, for example.)

Anyway, you've been doing a great job on that site! Glad I could help you with this list.
Now is by series! Im agree, its much better design and it makes more sense right now. I my put next to it, a little image where we know the stage belong for sure (like gerudo) but prob much later ;).

EDIT: I also pupload some original songs, that we know will appear like a new song (** note to tell people that will be a new song, not the original).

upload_2014-4-17_12-24-8.png

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Now is by series! Im agree, its much better design and it makes more sense right now. I my put next to it, a little image where we know the stage belong for sure (like gerudo) but prob much later ;).

EDIT: I also pupload some original songs, that we know will appear like a new song (** note to tell people that will be a new song, not the original).

View attachment 12452
This is probably a better option. The Pokémon songs, for example, could be from Prism Tower (3DS) or The Kalos Pokémon League (Wii U) or even in Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2 (GCN and Wii) if they decide to bring those stages back.

The site looks great, by the way.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
From the direct we see some changes made to some returning fighters and the changes seem to power them up, but at the same time gives them new weaknesses. Also breakdown how custom move sets is an exciting feature. Lets break the changes down!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've added links to the recently released press images to the OP. There are hundreds of pictures, so check them out!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hi there!

View attachment 12396

You are missing the punch out down theme.

I'd link it but mobile sucks

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I don't think Ive seen this mentioned, but Zamus snaps to the ledge when they show her new up-b. Being near the ledge also cancels the attack since she doesn't do the final kick. Doesn't look as silly as Brawls though.

Also,those turn-around jumps from Brawl (don't know what they're typically called), have been confirmed if you want to add that to the returning mechanics section.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Have we seen the new edge guarding mechanics at work?

Dang it! dbl post!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Exclamation on that fire beam sword

And that the beam sword has graduated colors (which probably means you can choose the color of the beam sword)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Double jump. Found the nair a little after I posted that.
Watch the 3ds stage showcase in the Direct.

Shes does it on the Balloon Fight Stage after she jumps from the ledge. It does look like Melee's height with brawl's speed. which is a faster jump lol.

Top Bottom