• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

lami

Smash Journeyman
can someone link me the confirmation for palutena's temple FD mode?

I could be wrong, but I've only heard two distinct Punch-Out arrangements so far. One is the jogging theme playing throughout Little Mac's trailer, and one is a medley of the boxing theme and the "Little Mac Down" panic music in the Direct. I suppose the OP is trying to avoid assumptions by listing them as separate tracks but I'm quite certain some of them are joined into one.

Edit: And while I'm here confusing myself, it would be great if someone who was savvy with the music could get YouTube links to the songs, particularly the new arrangements if possible.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
What about Peach's new rainbow move or taunt? We have no idea what it does but I didn't see it in the table. Also, Peach's dash attack now produces a magic effect akin to Zelda.

Last edited:

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Pic of the day. Tether recovery? Yes, you can! And from even longer range than before. Multiple fighters can latch on--who actually grabs hold is determined by the same rules as the standard ledge grab.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not sure what you're looking for. Every stage has a FD variant.
well to quote sakurai........"almost all stages".
however the circular platform in a few pics looks like the FD version......as there is no ladder or anything else seen.

Pic of the day. Tether recovery? Yes, you can! And from even longer range than before. Multiple fighters can latch on--who actually grabs hold is determined by the same rules as the standard ledge grab.
what are the ROPES between samus and link???!!!!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
well to quote sakurai........"almost all stages".
however the circular platform in a few pics looks like the FD version......as there is no ladder or anything else seen.

what are the ROPES between samus and link???!!!!
That's part of the background.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Just wanted to point out for the OP that Link has a new idle animation and Spin Attack ending animation, both shown in the direct.
I'll show some gifs if I can find them.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
The Orne from KI:U will be making an appearance. And from the looks of the screenshot, it'll be another of the Reset Bomb Forest's stage hazards.

It's also confirmed to pack more punch than the Ultimate Chimera from Brawl.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The Orne from KI:U will be making an appearance. And from the looks of the screenshot, it'll be another of the Reset Bomb Forest's stage hazards.

It's also confirmed to pack more punch than the Ultimate Chimera from Brawl.
But Chimera was invincible! Weren't all its hits 1HKOs?

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
But Chimera was invincible! Weren't all its hits 1HKOs?
The Chimera dealt about 100-200% damage and dealt a 1-kit KO if you didn't tech on one of the solid platforms. You could also kill it if you could coax it onto the breakable platform at the bottom and break said platform.

This Orne punk here is confirmed to deal much more damage, and there doesn't seem to be any techable platforms in the part of the stage it spawns in.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The Chimera dealt about 100-200% damage and dealt a 1-kit KO if you didn't tech on one of the solid platforms. You could also kill it if you could coax it onto the breakable platform at the bottom and break said platform.

This Orne punk here is confirmed to deal much more damage, and there doesn't seem to be any techable platforms in the part of the stage it spawns in.
Oh, thanks for the explanation. Guess I'm going to have to get the heck away from that thing, then.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
No idea if this has been mentioned already, but Yoshi has received more changes than just his stance. He's also received a significant power increase and a rainbow trail behind the Egg Throw move. So....yeah.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
No idea if this has been mentioned already, but Yoshi has received more changes than just his stance. He's also received a significant power increase and a rainbow trail behind the Egg Throw move. So....yeah.
Am i wrong, or does yoshi just not throw eggs as high?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Am i wrong, or does yoshi just not throw eggs as high?
Well it's hard to tell that, you could always angle them to a degree no? If I'm not mistaken in that, then maybe the guy in the videos we've seen has just been aiming low.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
The lights at the top of the Boxing Ring stage serve as both another platform and a stage hazard- they can be attacked, causing them to fall to the ground.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Master Ball is overated.
In Brawl, the rare pokes like never gave you any kills, not even damage on the opponents. They are so easy to avoid.
Namely Zaptos, Moltres and Articuno. There are some really good ones, but most of them are equal to Goldeen.
Then we have common pokes like Staryu that are actually effective.

Man, back in ssb64, the Poke Balls were so darn balanced. Everyone was useful yet noone decided the outcome of the match.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok the bullet bill item as ben unmasked

When you grab the bullet bill you turn into the bullet bill just like in mario kart wii

My guess its guided by the analog stick as well

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just wanted to say, so much respect to you Frosty and how this has developed. It looks both professional, efficient and passionately made and i'm really happy it's become the go-to for info on the boards.

You're a legend. :D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Big thanks to @_Sheik for pointing out that Garden of Hope has a Final Destination version!

So a Youtuber spotted a Garden of Hope FD version at 19:05 during the Smash Direct video, could a mod add it to the confirmed stuff thread? Thanks.
I'm the thread's owner. lol

Just wanted to say, so much respect to you Frosty and how this has developed. It looks both professional, efficient and passionately made and i'm really happy it's become the go-to for info on the boards.

You're a legend. :D
Thanks a lot! :)

I'm also glad this thread is serving its purpose well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated with a new character costumes section. Really glad they're adding costumes for more characters, expanding on what has been done with Wario in Brawl.

Top Bottom