• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I was right about the Punch-Out boxing ring being separate from the Smash Bros one! Score one from the Crossoverlord!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked at the op

The arenas the worlds first 2 different stage costumes

(Oh for the owner of this form. in stages in both versions one the battlefield is in both versions)

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I think the Smash Bros themed boxing ring is in both versions, but the Punch-Out version is only in the Wii U version, since Punch-Out has never appeared on any handhelds outside of the virtual console editions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think the Smash Bros themed boxing ring is in both versions, but the Punch-Out version is only in the Wii U version, since Punch-Out has never appeared on any handhelds outside of the virtual console editions.
The Punch-Out version of the ring is confirmed to be on both Wii U and 3DS versions, as this picture demonstrates (note the scrolling text that reads "PUNCH-OUT!!"):

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Today's new thing is a new mechanic

It seems likely all characters with a combo has a finishing knockback hit after the attack

(The part of the little mac trailer comboing fox the last punch is a Demi Stratton of the mechanic)
(Look at Potd if you want to see fox's)

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's official: Sakurai is hilarious when burning a fanbase. Well, I guess it was easier for me to laugh seeing as I never thought he had a chance or ever wanted him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, @ Frostwraith Frostwraith , Battlefield is listed in both Wii U exclusive stages, and 3DS exclusive stages. Why not just add it under Stages in both versions?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I feel like this website ought to be included in the OP: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/

It's a damn good fan site with pretty much everything that we've seen and an easy way for people to actually see the characters, stages, and items in one place.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
New 3DS stage: Tortimer Island from the Animal Crossing series. New Leaf, specifically- I believe this is the stage that was shown on December 11's pic, is it not?

It changes layouts every time you play on it. Quite the innovative stage.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I believe the stage is probably in the OP already, but the gimmick should be added for sure.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The stage was listed in the OP already, though I'll update it to include the official name and the stage's unique mechanic.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
At the very least, it confirmed a plaid background as an option in the trophy viewer.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
New 3DS stage: Lumiose City from Pokemon X and Y. From the pic's caption, it seems to be some sort of cruise-type stage akin to Brawl's Delfino Plaza.

Two things (apologies for double post)

- Yesterday's pic showed a Zelda change- Din's Fire is now stronger at it's center.
- Today's pic confirms the Motion-Sensor Bomb- with a new design to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
The reason he's been taking so long is that he might be given a whole new moveset, perhaps incorporating Baby Mario somehow?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
As far as returning mechanics are concerned, I'm surprised nobody added teching and dashdancing on the list, considering they were revealed quite a while ago.

Here's teching:
And here's dashdancing (look at Pikachu):
Both are from the Sonic reveal vid.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As far as returning mechanics are concerned, I'm surprised nobody added teching and dashdancing on the list, considering they were revealed quite a while ago.

Here's teching:
And here's dashdancing (look at Pikachu):
Both are from the Sonic reveal vid.
Teching we say as soon as that vid showed up, but yeah, dash dancing was only noticed in that video a few days ago.

Either way, should definitely be added to the list.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You would make the next. One next week due to mario party island tour (a japan release date)

Friend Collection (Tomodachi Korekushon) stage confirmed.
As I'm not much familiar with the series, I can't say what the stage is about...
That's because it was only released in japan big hint for nation exclusive stuff (that helps japan exclusive game characters)

Top Bottom