• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
What was up with the Mii character getting star-stunned at the opening Mii fight? Think it's a new mechanic we'll have to face? Like tripping?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Smash Run:
clubberskull, ghastly, eggrobo

ZSS dash attack is now a jet boot propelled knee. Her forward smash is now a two hit hick.

Pokeballs:
Moltres
Fletchling

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pit's forward air confirmed to be him spinning his blade out in front of him as previously thought.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Pac-Man and Mr. Game & Watch confirmed during the Roundtable by various livebloggers. Pac-Man 3DS stage, and he is based on the 3D model but can turn into the classic version

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Pac-Man and Mr. Game & Watch confirmed during the Roundtable by various livebloggers. Pac-Man 3DS stage, and he is based on the 3D model but can turn into the classic version
And gameexplain said after the interversial the pac-man trailer will be up which is 9:30 pm mst

Were down to 5 charactera and we reached the number of characters that was playable in smash brothers brawl

We are at 34 so far

Last edited:

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Fox retains his FS as well.

There was a couple new stages shown in Pac-man's trailer as well, but I think 2 of the 3 are connected and one is based off the classic Pac-Man stage.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
There was the Glunder from Subspace in that GameExplain Smash Run video. Several others I couldn't identify.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Samus cannot cancel sideB by landing anymore.
Kirby sideB as well, goes into grounded animation.
Fox neutral B as well.
Many autocancels are now gone. At this point, we may assume many if not all specials able to be canceled by landing now do not cancel.
Pain screams now start at 0%
, meaning characters may scream anytime, and sometimes even after they're launched instead of at the point of being hit, ala Brawl.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
What is this topic doing for trophies? Cause I totally saw a Metal Sonic trophy in the trophy hoard part of the trailer.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Also Waddle Doo's, Giant Bullet Bills and Ghosts from Find Mii, complete with colored shields. There are more new enemies shown, but its hard to get them all. Also:
Home run contest on 3DS confirmed
Upping your difficulty to earn more coins, ala KI:U confirmed for 3DS
Some sort of Ball battle mode
Classic Mode returns, as well as Master Hand
Classic Mode seems to be changed, as you have some sort of choice in it now.
Betting online in For Glory to earn coins confirmed
Online Team Battles confirmed
3 Thickness choices for outlines, Thick, Thin, or None
Plenty of New Trophies: Twinrova, Male Wii Fit Trainer, ???, Chain Chomp, 5 Nintendogs (Golden Lab, French Bulldog, Chocolate Lab, Beagle, and Shiba Inu), Midna, Red Bulborb, Toad, Conductor Link, Darknut, P Block, Boomerang Mario, Thwomp, Shy Guy, Goomba, Red Koopa Paratroopa, Crates/Barrels, Mimicutie, Paper Peach, Bullet Bill Launcher, Party Ball, Wii Fit Trainer(different pose), Marth, Zelda, Blue Pikmin, Winged Pikmin, Samus, Greninja, King Dedede, Toon Link, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Peach, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer(Tree Pose), Yoshi, Sheik, Pikachu, Bowser, Lemon(Pikmin 3), Super Mushroom, Knuckle Joe, Mr. Saturn, Metal Sonic, Link Riding Epona, Kapp'n, ? Block, Cheep Cheep, Moltres, Link, General Peppers, Mario, Barrel(DK), Villager. There are more but the quality isn't so good and they are quite hard to make out. Is there a trophy thread? I could put these up there.
Tips section confirmed, giving info on The Boomerang Item, Mario's F.L.U.D.D, and Short Hopping.
Challenge Doors in Smash Run

Edit: I could start a trophy thread, I just don't know if there is one already, or where such a thread should be located.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Someone pointed this out over at Bulbapedia, Abomasnow is a Pokeball Pokémon, which you can see at ~1:50 in this video:

Edit: Gah! Greninja'd...

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Looks like Fox's upB ledge cancel is still in the game:
Here: http://youtu.be/2M92birk1O8?t=18s If it doesn't take you there, it's at the 18 second mark. Before he actually launches the stage tilts and he grabs onto the ledge.
Not really a big find or anything like that but I think now any info is nice to have.

I think I saw Hungybox Dash Dancing after he took ZeRo's first stock... Can anyone confirm that?
I've been hearing a lot of people say that. Waiting for someone to put the whole thing on Youtube to check it out.
EDIT: Well here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8En6dIdAg&t=2h14m58s - 2:14:58 if it doesn't take you there. It looks really... Weird and ambiguous, I don't know. It's definetly not traditional dash dancing.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Made a section about game modes and, more specifically, Smash Run.

With thanks to SmashWiki, I managed to list all the enemies confirmed so far. I'm really liking the sheer amount of baddies on this game! If I forgot someone, do tell!

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Don't know if it has been said, Haunter and Chandelure are enemies in Smash Run.

Also, Pit's voice is now that of his Uprising's VA. Heard in one trailer of Smash Run, or a gameplay, not sure of which.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't know if it has been said, Haunter and Chandelure are enemies in Smash Run.

Also, Pit's voice is now that of his Uprising's VA. Heard in one trailer of Smash Run, or a gameplay, not sure of which.
I know Chandelure is. But Haunter too? I know that Gastly is also on Smash Run.

As for Pit's voice, I'll be doing a voice actors section.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Added a voice cast section under construction. If you recognize any character voice, post here!

The only characters I could confirm so far are Mario, Link, Lucario, Pit, Palutena, Sonic and Dark Pit. Playable characters will be listed first, with supporting characters (as in, ATs or cameos) listed afterwards.

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
I know Chandelure is. But Haunter too? I know that Gastly is also on Smash Run.

As for Pit's voice, I'll be doing a voice actors section.
Sorry, it actually was Ghastly, I got them mixed up.

A dig dug enemy is in Smash Run, too, you can see him in one pic of Pac-Man's profile.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Samus cannot cancel sideB by landing anymore.
Kirby sideB as well, goes into grounded animation.
Fox neutral B as well.
Many autocancels are now gone. At this point, we may assume many if not all specials able to be canceled by landing now do not cancel.
This really bothers me :(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
One of Toon Link's Brawl taunts now has a fairy from the Wind Waker flying around him.

@Krazy4Krash noticed this and posted it at the Toon Link thread. It's currently viewable in my sig too.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Viridi is still voiced by Hynden Walch from the sound of it in the Palutena trailer. You might recognize her as Starfire from Teen Titans, Nia from Gurren Lagann, and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Sonic has a new down smash where he does the splits. That's the only definite thing I can confirm from finding footage of him. There are some other changes but I am not sure exactly what they are. By the looks of it, his dash attack now drags opponents with him resulting in multiple hits and I think ends with a new kick type animation which has most of the knock back for that attack. Here is one of the very few videos I could find of Sonic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kin3et1DdEM Another minor thing is that his up air has a new animation. Also in another video that I saw, the little hop that he does when you initiate Spin Dash is much more faster and shorter looking.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Sonic has a new down smash where he does the splits. That's the only definite thing I can confirm from finding footage of him. There are some other changes but I am not sure exactly what they are. By the looks of it, his dash attack now drags opponents with him resulting in multiple hits and I think ends with a new kick type animation which has most of the knock back for that attack. Here is one of the very few videos I could find of Sonic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kin3et1DdEM Another minor thing is that his up air has a new animation. Also in another video that I saw, the little hop that he does when you initiate Spin Dash is much more faster and shorter looking.
me likey the new dash attack.

Also in this video we see Pit finally land is side-b in the air. Instead of spiking people like Captain Falcon or Ganondorf, he still does an uppercut, and gains some vertical air. It doesn't look like he goes into a helpless state after he uses it, but I'm having trouble telling for sure. His Up-Smash also has a tweaked, flashier animaton.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, Bowser's fire breath has been changed. It now releases one fireball at a time instead of a continuous stream. Could possibly be customization though.

You could also add that each character (except Palutena and Mii Fighters) has 3 customisable settings for each special move.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And I noticed how Giga Bowser has Bowser's animations from previous Smash games, as in, his standing animation is not upright, forward Smash isn't the drop kick and seems to have the same dash animation too.

Curious...
Probably ported over? He was never regular Bowser from the start, just some version of a Bowser CPU guy(who was naturally large) who could take on his form. Maybe Bowser stole the trophy and absorbed its power or something? That could explain why it still has some traits of his Melee self even in Brawl.

This sounds interesting and worth nothing in some analysis topic. If there is some new differences, sounds good to list them here, though. :)

Top Bottom