• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina is not the only thing confirmed

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/rosetta.html go to the trailer

On the offical sites rosalina trailer video go to 2:06

Can any body describe those three items for those playing at home

The green shell and the pokeball and the fire flower are all confirmed as items again
Xerneas was shown on one of Sakurai's older posts, so the Poke Ball's return was to be expected.

Anyone else thought it was Kirby Air Ride 2 at first? XD
Once the scene transitioned to Mario Kart, I thought that something seemed off with the picture. Once that Launch Star appeared, it dawned on me that someone new is joining the Smash Bros. fray.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
When I first heard that the new character was Rosalina I wasn't too excited but then when I saw the trailer I was really excited!

ness64

Smash Rookie
AHHHHH THEY CONFIRMED ROSALINA BUT WHERE'S FRIGGIN' NESS?!
Anyway, Rosalina seems like a cool character. She looks really fun to use?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
in other news todays pic of the day, sakurai says that luma can do all the fighting for rosalina. that just screams stage control god.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
oh **** the luma. its like olimar 2, dont run after her onstage :/
inb4 insane fsmash range + usmash with a bigger vertical hitbox than ours.

SSB4 Tier List:
TOP TIER
S++: Rosalina
Z-: Ganon or something

Better hope she has Peach KO power minus the usmash and she dies insanely early/has the worst recovery

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I found the song that plays after Kirby is hit by the Launch Star...

It's the portion from 0:19 to the end.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
We don't really know if the songs used in CGI portions of the trailer will appear during actual gameplay though.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I've wanted this stage for so long!
I suspect a version from Mario Kart 8 will be on the Wii U version.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Merry Christmas everybody

I looked at the daily picture and Stafty you loose on being playable Stafty is a assist trophy again

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's back! and for some reason, the zelda possesed phantom appears in her pics.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's been a month ripe with updates. The OP has been updated with today's information.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
So the Phantom's confirmed as well. Likely an AT, but I thought about two other possibilities:

1) She looks like she's controlling it. It's a new move for Zelda. Sheik is gone; Zelda's new Down-B is to conjure a Phantom.

2) (And this is the most mind-blowing one.) There were actually TWO character reveals today, but we'd never know it. That's a Toon Zelda move, much like how she possesses a Phantom in Spirit Tracks. It actually looks a LOT like the Phantom she possesses...there are different types of Phantoms in the game, but the one in the pic most closely resembles her Phantom...

Note the color, designs, etc. The sword is different, but the sword shown doesn't seem to match any Phantoms we've seen so far. Doesn't have the eyes, either.

Go back and look at the pictures under Zelda's page. There might be a connection there.
Unlikely, but possible. Would be extremely clever and funny of Sakurai if #2 turned out to be true.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well we got Zelda and a Phantom reveal today. (The Phantom is most likely an assist trophy)
The Phantom could also be Zelda's new summoning move, much like how Dedede can use his Waddle Dees to attack. However, the Phantom would act on its own, meaning that Zelda would have no control over its actions.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
20 characters and we're not even at the end of 2013 yet. Great stuff.

Really interested to see the Phantom's role confirmed soon too. Hopefully tomorrow...

ness64

Smash Rookie
As I said before, WHERE THE HELL IS NESS?!
Anyway, with that aside, they better buff Zelda, because she's pretty damn fun to use.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Seeing Starfy and Luma together was really creepy, as I drew a picture of Nintendo characters the other day featuring both characters before they were announced for Smash Bros, and I was going to rub one of them out until they were both revealed.

Top Bottom