• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
i thought the 0/10 would ban was too obvious. Well, thank you for letting me ROSStle your feathers. :3
There are enough people who actually think like that around. I suppose we just thought you were another one.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
No idea how to delete posts with the new system. So... um... do the lalalala!

There are enough people who actually think like that around. I suppose we just thought you were another one.
I mean, I'm still not going to use stages that are banned, because it gives characters unfair advantages and it leads to rage.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I didn't consider that it might be a troll, because I've honestly met melee players that talk like that.
It's not pretty by any means.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to be super pedantic, but the new Sonic stage is called Windy Hill, not Windy Hill Zone. See it's original Miiverse post and today's Miiverse post for confirmation of this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Ray Gun item returns with a new design. This has been added to the OP.

This new design is quite different from the ones in Melee and Brawl. Given Sakurai's comment on Miiverse, perhaps the projectiles will be shaped like Smash Bros. symbol?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
New mechanic confirmed when you hit a character hard a red and black lightning effect appears to show you are about to be flown far.

(And i really really doubt this but maybe hint zoroark)

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
"Pic of the day. A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong blow. It'll only appear when you have high damage, so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It seems I can't edit the OP... >_>

Anyway, a new stage has been confirmed today. It's based on StreetPass Mii Plaza, more specifically, on the Find Mii mini-game. It also features a boss from the same mini-game, much like the Yellow Devil on the Mega Man stage. Like the Yellow Devil, this boss's role is still unclear, given it could be an Assist Trophy, a stage hazard or a boss.

The OP will be updated when Smashboards's server issues are resolved and I'm able to edit it.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Well this needs to be updated because Assist Trophies has just been confirmed to re-appear as items.

Probably want to make an Assist Trophy character column as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated with information about the Find Mii stage confirmed on December 3rd as well as the returning Assist Trophy item. A listing of confirmed Assist Trophies has been added, with Skull Kid being the only one confirmed so far.

Camsterchief

Smash Cadet
wow this list was awesome. Having a speed between Melee and Brawl will be a good way to keep action fast paced like Melee but feel smooth like Brawl. One thing I feel why people can't comprehend why Melee is better is because of all the extra techs added to make your character faster. Although that adds for a bigger skill gap, I think players should be on an equal footing no matter what.

Also, features like speeding up Samus' charge special and making it stronger makes it seem like Sakurai has a good grasp on how to reward players and keep action non-stagnant.

I hope the dodges and dodge resets in this game are as fast and fluid as Brawls. It makes battles look more action-y.

Every single bullet mark you have under gameplay is freaking awesome.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't listen to anyone. That's the Skyloft stage.
Um...

He was using the Smash Bros Site link which changes the picture to what the current Pic of the Day is.

So when he posted that, it probably was Battlefield.

Morbi

Scavenger
wow this list was awesome. Having a speed between Melee and Brawl will be a good way to keep action fast paced like Melee but feel smooth like Brawl. One thing I feel why people can't comprehend why Melee is better is because of all the extra techs added to make your character faster. Although that adds for a bigger skill gap, I think players should be on an equal footing no matter what.

Also, features like speeding up Samus' charge special and making it stronger makes it seem like Sakurai has a good grasp on how to reward players and keep action non-stagnant.

I hope the dodges and dodge resets in this game are as fast and fluid as Brawls. It makes battles look more action-y.

Every single bullet mark you have under gameplay is freaking awesome.
I am starting to main Samus (as I am masochistic) so any improvement is good. However, I honestly think she needs a lot more than a buffed neutral special.

Camsterchief

Smash Cadet
I am starting to main Samus (as I am masochistic) so any improvement is good. However, I honestly think she needs a lot more than a buffed neutral special.
Well if they are making speed adjustments to even Bowser I'm sure you could expect a legit bounty hunter type speed this time around. Also, there are more improvements than just the neutral B.
I think this because even when someone likes Brawl over Melee, there is rarely any argument that the game is a little too slow. And I'm hoping Sakurai has noticed.

Reth92

Smash Cadet
well I don't know if it was already said but I guess there is gonna be increased hitstun, after having seen the sonic trailer o.O

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
you got your work cut out for you man

another new item is confirmed a gun that looks like a submarine based off the one from steel diver its shoots torpedos comes out slow but then rockets

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's called the Steel Diver.

Sakurai keeps finding ways to pleasantly surprise us. I just hope the pleasantly doesn't go away.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated with the new Steel Diver item.

(I couldn't update it earlier since the forums were down.)

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Anyone else think that the Steel Diver gun is a bit of an odd choice? I mean, we've got the Ray Gun, and we're presumably going to get the Super Scope again, so why have 3?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anyone else think that the Steel Diver gun is a bit of an odd choice? I mean, we've got the Ray Gun, and we're presumably going to get the Super Scope again, so why have 3?
I think this one will work more (sort of) like Samus's missiles than either the Ray Gun or the Super Scope so in a way, it's still a different type of gun.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey Frostwraith? You can add in for the character tweaks, that Marth's Shield Breaker has been amped up.

Double Post. <<; I'm loving that we're actually getting all kinds of information now. I don't mind the fun pictures so long as they're like once a week.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
It doesn't make a lot of sense turning a submarine into a tiny little gun though does it? Then again, making Olimar the same height as everyone else is just as weird. I always thought that Master Hand was responsible for making Olimar huge!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First, the new Steel Diver item, then Marth's improved Shield Breaker attack and now a new stage. This week has been interesting so far.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
First, the new Steel Diver item, then Marth's improved Shield Breaker attack and now a new stage. This week has been interesting so far.

I'm hoping that this means the closer we get to release, the juicier the game info gets.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm hoping that this means the closer we get to release, the juicier the game info gets.
Well, that actually is pretty logical. You want to hype the game when it's close to release. It's called marketing.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, that actually is pretty logical. You want to hype the game when it's close to release. It's called marketing.

I know, but by that I mean no more pics of Luigi's nose, or Mega Man's Pikachu-shaped growth on his back, or Wii Fit Trainer's a**. I mean stage details, Assist Trophies, new moves, everything at a constant pace of reveals.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know, but by that I mean no more pics of Luigi's nose, or Mega Man's Pikachu-shaped growth on his back, or Wii Fit Trainer's a**. I mean stage details, Assist Trophies, new moves, everything at a constant pace of reveals.
I got your point.

There's a lot of information about the game that we still don't know and I don't think that we'll know everything until after the game comes out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Nintendog is confirmed to return as an Assist Trophy once again, although, it's a different dog. This could mean multiple different Nintendogs can appear, but theres no way to be certain yet.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Nintendog is confirmed to return as an Assist Trophy once again, although, it's a different dog. This could mean multiple different Nintendogs can appear, but theres no way to be certain yet.

“The breed of the Nintendogs Assist Trophy has changed to a French Bulldog. It looks so real! Tell me that doesn’t bring a smile to your face.”

Sounds kinda like this breed will be the only assist trophy and that they have merely changed it to a different dog. Unless you meant different kinds playing different roles such as the one in the Nintendogs stage in the 3DS version...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't like that dog breed. It's got a bug-eyed look going on. :S

Makes me wonder though. It is around that time they normally reveal another character for SSB4.

Look in the Nintendog picture. Notice that Fox is getting attacked by an unknown opponent? Maybe he'll release the pic later today without the Nintendog and reveal a new character. ;)
Or maybe I'm speculating too much.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I may have not stated, but I've been updating the OP with the information we got in this week.

Top Bottom