• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Male + Female WFT tagging character (like Zelda/Sheik) confirmed!

Seriously, while alt. costume seems the most likely... nothing is confirmed yet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Seriously, while alt. costume seems the most likely... nothing is confirmed yet.
You have a good point. I've changed the OP to merely state that male Wii Fit Trainer appears in the game without drawing foregone conclusions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated with information about the item revealed today.

I've also made a short description about the X-Bomb item from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Hmmm you do have a point there it could be a tag team, assist trophy, alternate costume(most likely), i mean it could mean anything

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Marth confirmed!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Frost, you should add that Marth has a new look based on his Shadow Dragon design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated with information on Marth's new look and on Link's down aerial attack's changes.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Something tells me I should start playing Fire Emblem, 'cos atm I don't really care about Marth getting i- *sniped*

seriously, I wouldn't know where to start.

midna.

Smash Cadet
marth is back in? i nearly cried in happiness, if there was one thing i was waiting on it was marth coming back in ssb4, and he looks so much hotter :love: marth is my favorite character and will always be my favorite character

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey Frostwraith, here's a picture for the OP. I'll edit it every time a new character is added.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tis a great idea!

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think Smash Bros character reveals are starting to get less dramatic. I just couldn't get as exited forMarth's reappearance as I would have liked to, and Marth is one of my favourite characters. :(

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm starting to think Smash Bros character reveals are starting to get less dramatic. I just couldn't get as exited forMarth's reappearance as I would have liked to, and Marth is one of my favourite characters. :(
I think that's only because right now only veterans are being revealed. Compared to how the Dojo had like a Newcomer be revealed every month. Back in 2007 for Brawl. We knew Sonic and Dedede were new characters at this point. They weren't announced too far away from one another. Before them was Lucas in September, and Pokemon Trainer & Ike in August. Most of the characters revealed post-E3 are essentially characters everyone knew would return (Except for Toon Link) or most expected to return. By far the most exciting character reveal post-E3 was Sonic's return announcement. And that's only because there was a sort of wonder if 3rd Party characters are able to be returning veterans, so people worried about Sonic being cut for being a 3rd Party guest got to be able to have a huge sigh of relief and celebrate his announced return.

Until we start getting newcomers. Reveal hype might not really be as huge as it was for Brawl.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I think that's only because right now only veterans are being revealed. Compared to how the Dojo had like a Newcomer be revealed every month. Back in 2007 for Brawl. We knew Sonic and Dedede were new characters at this point. They weren't announced too far away from one another. Before them was Lucas in September, and Pokemon Trainer & Ike in August. Most of the characters revealed post-E3 are essentially characters everyone knew would return (Except for Toon Link) or most expected to return. By far the most exciting character reveal post-E3 was Sonic's return announcement. And that's only because there was a sort of wonder if 3rd Party characters are able to be returning veterans, so people worried about Sonic being cut for being a 3rd Party guest got to be able to have a huge sigh of relief and celebrate his announced return.

Until we start getting newcomers. Reveal hype might not really be as huge as it was for Brawl.
Sonic is no longer a 3rd party, nor was he before he even got revealed, thanks to Nintendo.

I wasn't surprised, always had faith in this character as well as Marth.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic is no longer a 3rd party, nor was he before he even got revealed.

I wasn't surprised, always had faith. Same for Marth.
Well technically he isn't 3rd Party until after the 3 Game Nintendo exclusive deal is over. Which will be whenever that 3rd game in the deal is released. (Sonic Lost World is out, Mario & Sonic Olympics 4 is almost out if it isn't already, we don't know what the 3rd game is. And the 3rd game is not Smash Bros. SSB was just a hidden clause, so we have yet to know what it is)

But overall Sonic is still technically 3rd Party. Nintendo hasn't bought Sega, Nintendo and Sega are just really good buddies now. Sonic being in Brawl and SSB4 alone is proof of this.

There were people worried that Megaman and another 3rd Party would replace Sonic and Snake. I saw some fans who said they would like Sonic to return but they thought there was a big chance Sonic was going to be cut. Or there were Sonic haters who hoped that the whole 3rd Party guest thing would keep Sonic out of the next game. But October 1st of this year gave a pleasant surprise to the aforementioned fans, and a huge sock in the mouth of those who hoped he wouldn't return.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Well with that being said its pretty much official that Nintendo owns exclusive rights. So we can all as of now believe that he is no longer a 3rd party. That is unless Microsoft and Sony decide to give life and limb.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Well technically he isn't 3rd Party until after the 3 Game Nintendo exclusive deal is over. Which will be whenever that 3rd game in the deal is released. (Sonic Lost World is out, Mario & Sonic Olympics 4 is almost out if it isn't already, we don't know what the 3rd game is. And the 3rd game is not Smash Bros. SSB was just a hidden clause, so we have yet to know what it is)

But overall Sonic is still technically 3rd Party. Nintendo hasn't bought Sega, Nintendo and Sega are just really good buddies now. Sonic being in Brawl and SSB4 alone is proof of this.

There were people worried that Megaman and another 3rd Party would replace Sonic and Snake. I saw some fans who said they would like Sonic to return but they thought there was a big chance Sonic was going to be cut. Or there were Sonic haters who hoped that the whole 3rd Party guest thing would keep Sonic out of the next game. But October 1st of this year gave a pleasant surprise to the aforementioned fans, and a huge sock in the mouth of those who hoped he wouldn't return.

Are you sure SSB4 isn't apart of the 3 sonic games deal?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Are you sure SSB4 isn't apart of the 3 sonic games deal?
I believe we would know already, if it was.

Though technically it could still be part of the deal. But again, as a hidden clause. Not one of the three games that Sega's making for Nintendo. The three games are specifically Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games being made my Sega. Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic Olympics 4 we already have, and still awaiting to know the 3rd of them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic is still a third party character guys....

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Marth will be in the starting roster this time. He's such a mainstay I don't see any reason to unlock him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wonder if Marth will be in the starting roster this time. He's such a mainstay I don't see any reason to unlock him.
Im think that too i mean chrom or lucina or roy might jave to be unlocked.

And can't wait too see the looks on peoples faces if ROB gets confirmed (ps hes my guess for december)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Sonic is still a third party character guys....
THIS. It's scary that a lot of people here would think Sonic has all of a sudden become first party when he isn't even owned by Nintendo... yet. Even still, I doubt Sega would give up their most prized possession. I think they like Sonic where he is. :p

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Im think that too i mean chrom or lucina or roy might jave to be unlocked.

And can't wait too see the looks on peoples faces if ROB gets confirmed (ps hes my guess for december)
I wouldn't be too surprised. He is a fan favorite in Japan and definitely serves as a representative for Nintendo.

Same deal for Game&Watch

THIS. It's scary that a lot of people here would think Sonic has all of a sudden become first party when he isn't even owned by Nintendo... yet. Even still, I doubt Sega would give up their most prized possession. I think they like Sonic where he is. :p
They're already shaking hands with Nintendo

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
They're already shaking hands with Nintendo
So? How does that make Sonic first party? Sega has not sold Sonic to Nintendo or has indicated that they plan to. They have just made a deal with Nintendo for exclusive games, which isn't anything new. Third parties signed exclusivity deals all the time back in the late 80s, hence why franchises like Mega Man and Final Fantasy were on Nintendo consoles for so long. That doesn't make Mega Man or Final Fantasy first parties to Nintendo. They're still third parties, just like Sonic is still a third party.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
So? How does that make Sonic first party? Sega has not sold Sonic to Nintendo or has indicated that they plan to. They have just made a deal with Nintendo for exclusive games, which isn't anything new. Third parties signed exclusivity deals all the time back in the late 80s, hence why franchises like Mega Man and Final Fantasy were on Nintendo consoles for so long. That doesn't make Mega Man or Final Fantasy first parties to Nintendo. They're still third parties, just like Sonic is still a third party.
Im not saying he isnt 3rd party. You said you doubt SEGA will give up their most prize possesion, but they are giving Sonic publishing To Nintendo.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Im not saying he isnt 3rd party.
But you did. A few comments back.

Sonic is no longer a 3rd party, nor was he before he even got revealed, thanks to Nintendo.
See? :troll:

You said you doubt SEGA will give up their most prize possesion, but they are giving Sonic publishing To Nintendo.
I said that mostly as a joke. Hence why I had the :p face at the end. It's a reference to a famous line of dialouge from Return of the Jedi and Luigi's Mansion.

And giving Nintendo the publishing rights to the games is not Sega selling Sonic. It just means they're partnering with Nintendo for some exclusive Sonic games and letting Nintendo handle the publishing duties. It's more of a sign of good faith, if you ask me. Mario and Sonic would have never been released on another console, anyway. And Sonic Lost World was a game that seems designed with the Wii U and 3DS in mind. We still don't know about that third game,so who knows about that. The point was that the partnership with Nintendo has no bearing on whether Sonic is a third party or not.

Sorry for derailing your thread, Frostwraith...

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
But you did. A few comments back.

See? :troll:

I said that mostly as a joke. Hence why I had the :p face at the end. It's a reference to a famous line of dialouge from Return of the Jedi and Luigi's Mansion.

And giving Nintendo the publishing rights to the games is not Sega selling Sonic. It just means they're partnering with Nintendo for some exclusive Sonic games and letting Nintendo handle the publishing duties. It's more of a sign of good faith, if you ask me. Mario and Sonic would have never been released on another console, anyway. And Sonic Lost World was a game that seems designed with the Wii U and 3DS in mind. We still don't know about that third game,so who knows about that. The point was that the partnership with Nintendo has no bearing on whether Sonic is a third party or not.

Since everything you said is pretty much what I was saying I have no choice but to agree.

Except, YES Sonic will be 1st party once Sega's partnership with Nintendo comes to a conclusion whether you like it or not.

If you disagree... well just wait and see.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't worry, I'll let you choose how will you be punished for such a vile act. :evil:

Except, YES Sonic will be 1st party once Sega's partnership with Nintendo comes to a conclusion whether you like it or not.
You don't have any proof of whether or not will that happen, therefore, you can't claim certainty of such a statement.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Don't worry, I'll let you choose how will you be punished for such a vile act. :evil:

You don't have any proof of whether or not will that happen, therefore, you can't claim certainty of such a statement.

Hey Frost, are you going to use my picture for the OP?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
J

I believe I just did though

But like I said we'll see

Top Bottom