• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know its probably not true but I feel like its a week off not just because of new years but for something very big for the beginning of new years

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I know its probably not true but I feel like its a week off not just because of new years but for something very big for the beginning of new years
I'm sure Sakurai just needed a break. But who knows? f January has two reveals I'm guessing a Kirby and Pokemon rep. For February, a DK rep first and maybe then a Zelda rep.

Of course, it would be great nonetheless if something big is happening next year. Do you all think there would be a Direct next month?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think he took a break before when it came New Years during the Brawl times. So he's probably taking advantage of the holiday right now, I wonder if someone will actually interview Sakurai while he is enjoying the break. :awesome:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Its very disappointing that Snake is not confirmed for SSB4, I really like using him as a physical attacker

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Its very disappointing that Snake is not confirmed for SSB4, I really like using him as a physical attacker
Hey. Don't count him out yet. He could be revealed soon.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Hey. Don't count him out yet. He could be revealed soon.
That would be the returning character that surprises me the most. I hope he comes back for many reasons and I'm curious to see how they would change his look to make him fit better in this new colorful graphics.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Trophies are confirmed to appear!

Saria is one of them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Updated the OP with today's newly revealed information.

What is bothering me is that I can't change the thread's title...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I just wonder what sort of minigame/gimmik we will have this time to get them.
How about this:
You buy their fragments from Tom Nook and Crazy Redd. But Redd, among pieces you can find and you can't find at Nook's, is also selling fake useless fragments, and it's up to you to tell which ones are true.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Oh please don't forget to add zelda's Phantom Moveset change in the "Character Changes" section :).

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Oh please don't forget to add zelda's Phantom Moveset change in the "Character Changes" section :).
That hasn't been confirmed to be either an attack or carefully positioned assist trophy yet, since she does the pose in a different screenshot without a Phantom. All we know is that the Phantom exists in some form.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, we have no idea if it's a move or something else entirely.

But YAY DEDEDE!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, I've updated the OP to add King Dedede to the list of confirmed characters.

AND WHY CAN'T I STILL CHANGE THE THREAD'S TITLE?! :cry:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Look how much more emotional his face is he can make a growl face now and has more fear when hit

And I'm not going to be amused if he does not buff the rocket hammer move from brawl

ness64

Smash Rookie
Sigh... you know what I'm going to say. I'm getting impatient! But yay, Dedede is awesome!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The OP states that Yellow Devil may be an assist trophy, this was deconfirmed, as he appears hiding in the background of Wily's Castle. Could still be either a Boss or stage element.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Who else thinks DDD looks fantastic in HD?

If his crouch is the same, we have my new main
Judging by this picture, I think it's safe to say his old crouch is in! And yes, I'm happy that Dedede is in. With the new HD graphics and colour schemes in SSB4, and the fact that his look is so similar to the anime makes him look fantastic.

I honestly can't get over how expressive all of the characters are shaping up to look so far.

Maha Ishaq

Smash Cadet
There are a lot of green football / "soccer" balls in the professional leagues all over the world, what are you talking about? Let me guess, you don't watch football (or "soccer", as you call it)...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ashley from Wario Ware was just confirmed to be an assist trophy.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
I'm wondering how character customization being confirmed is going to affect the competitive scene. It'd honestly be kind of interesting seeing things like loadouts for different characters in smash, even if it's just things like runspeed/launch distance like stickers did.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seems we just got adventure mode confirmed!

MYSTERY STAGE!

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
So I guess the new ledge mechanics should be added to the OP, they seem like a bit of a game changer!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There's roulette wheel spinning on this but palutina might be confirmed theres barley anything fake about the 2 rumor pictures so far

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Palutena is not technically confirmed - even if the leaks look pretty irrefutably real, so until we get a say-so from Sakurai, she shouldn't be added to the OP.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena is not technically confirmed - even if the leaks look pretty irrefutably real, so until we get a say-so from Sakurai, she shouldn't be added to the OP.
Exactly, I'm not adding information to the OP that doesn't come from official sources.

Top Bottom