• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay since we like to list things.

Name 3 potential newcomers from franchises that have made up the roster of the original N64 Smash Bros. :

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

Also, they must have a fighting chance of being included.
Mario: Captain Toad, Geno, Waluigi
DK: Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky
Zelda: Midna, Impa, Skull Kid
Kirby: Waddle Dee, Dark Matter (Dream Land 2 version), Magolor
Pokemon: Decidueye, Genesect, Meowth
Metroid: Ridley, Sylux, Dark Samus
Star Fox: Krystal, Peppy, Slippy
Yoshi: Kamek, Baby Bros., Poochy
MOTHER: Porky, Masked Man, Jeff
F-Zero: Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Deathborn

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Name 3 potential newcomers from franchises that have made up the roster of the original N64 Smash Bros. :

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

Oh I’m in.

At first I thought the goal was being limited to only three newcomers. But I like super Smash Steve’s approach to doing three per franchise. I’m in.

Super Mario Bros. - Geno, Daisy, Fawful
Donkey Kong - Dixie, K Rool, Cranky
Legend of Zelda - Vaati, Impa, Wolf Link (He did have a Breath of the Wild appearance. Probably have Midna riding him)
Kirby - Bandana Dee, Gooey, Dark Matter
Pokemon - Gengar, Rotom, Alolan Vulpix
Metroid - Ridley, Weevil, Dark Samus
StarFox - Andross, Krystal, Grippy
Yoshi’s island - Kamek, Poochy, Babysitter Yoshi (Uses Baby DK, Mario, Peach, and Wario from Yoshi’s Island DS for moves)
Mother - Porky, Klaus, Ninten
F - Zero - Pico, James McCloud (just as an alt costume for Fox), Samurai Goroh

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

Captain Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, K. Rool
Daruk, Rivali, Mipha
Bandanna Dee
Decidueye, Mimikyu, Zeraora (just putting these guys until Gen VIII makes them borderline no-hopers)
Sylux

As for why some have less than three, or why some aren't listed at all, well...
They must have a fighting chance of being included.
:p

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

Mario - Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Pauline
DK - Dixie, K. Roll, Lanky
Zelda - Urbosa, Mipha, Daruk
Kirby - Dark Matter, Bandana Dee, Adeleine
Pokémon - Mimmikyu, Gen 8 rep, Lycanroc
Metroid - Dark Samus, Sylux, MB (Android)
Star Fox - Krystal, Andross (humanoid), Slippy
Yoshi - Kamek, Shy Guy, Poochy
Mother - Paula, Kumatora, Masked Man
F-Zero - Zero contenders

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Mario - Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Pauline
DK - Dixie, K. Roll, Lanky
Zelda - Urbosa, Mipha, Daruk
Kirby - Dark Matter, Bandana Dee, Adeleine
Pokémon - Mimmikyu, Gen 8 rep, Lycanroc
Metroid - Dark Samus, Sylux, MB (Android)
Star Fox - Krystal, Andross (humanoid), Slippy
Yoshi - Kamek, Shy Guy, Poochy
Mother - Paula, Kumatora, Masked Man
F-Zero - Zero contenders
POOCHY! Yes! How could I forget that lovable little guy?!

Luminario

Smash Lord
I am not sure, actually. I am going to have to retract my previous statement. Maybe Peach and Jigglypuff could share a Final Smash, but they could each have their own unique attributes. Jigglypuff could put them to sleep, while Peach made them dizzy. Peach’s could allow her to eat peaches and heal, while damaging her opponents 40%, and if she could, go in for the kill. Jiggly could have music notes, hearts, and stars that radiate out and damage enemies, and then put them to sleep. No added extra damage, but the damage dealt from the projectiles could cause enough damage to have Jiggly go in for the kill. Isn’t the point of a Final Smash to cause massive amounts of damage, and potential KO opponents?

What do you think of that idea? Peach keeps her Final Smash with one minor tweak, and Jigglypuff gets a new Final Smash that’s basically a nod to her singing, attention craving, and Pokémon Contest in general. :)
That's actually a pretty good idea, it works perfectly with both of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am not sure, actually. I am going to have to retract my previous statement. Maybe Peach and Jigglypuff could share a Final Smash, but they could each have their own unique attributes. Jigglypuff could put them to sleep, while Peach made them dizzy. Peach’s could allow her to eat peaches and heal, while damaging her opponents 40%, and if she could, go in for the kill. Jiggly could have music notes, hearts, and stars that radiate out and damage enemies, and then put them to sleep. No added extra damage, but the damage dealt from the projectiles could cause enough damage to have Jiggly go in for the kill. Isn’t the point of a Final Smash to cause massive amounts of damage, and potential KO opponents?

What do you think of that idea? Peach keeps her Final Smash with one minor tweak, and Jigglypuff gets a new Final Smash that’s basically a nod to her singing, attention craving, and Pokémon Contest in general. :)
I'm a little uncertain about the idea of Peach and Jigglypuff sharing Final Smashes. I will say though, that Puff Up is an underwhelming Final Smash as a whole, since it all comes down to its location, and even then, fighters can avoid the most damaging hitbox just by dodging. If Puff Up was made to pierce through invincibility and intangibility, however, then that could be a start in making it more effective.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As lazy as it would be for Puff and Peach to have similar Final Smashes, it'd still be more useful than Puff Up and actually be a reference to something (in this case, the anime) instead of a made up thing.

Sometimes, a lazy thing ends up being a better portrayal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine if Wave Dashing and L - Cancelling was in Smash Brothers for Switch? How would you all feel? ( I personally do not care if Wave Dashing and L - Cancelling are in Smash ).

Everyone wants popular Pokemon like Decidueye, Incineroar and Gengar. I personally want Marshadow the most ( but he is sadly not popular enough ). Zeraora would be pretty cool in Smash as well. An electric warrior sounds like a great concept and diverse in a Smash game ( though we got Piakchu ). Keep up the good work, everyone.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I'm a little uncertain about the idea of Peach and Jigglypuff sharing Final Smashes. I will say though, that Puff Up is an underwhelming Final Smash as a whole, since it all comes down to its location, and even then, fighters can avoid the most damaging hitbox just by dodging. If Puff Up was made to pierce through invincibility and intangibility, however, then that could be a start in making it more effective.
Dark Pit shares a Final Smash with Zelda/Sheik. Although it is not a Light Arrow, it’s the same basic function. A piercing, straight line. Fox and Falco share one. Ness and Lucas share one. Speaking of, change Ness’ Final Smash to PK Rockin’. Mario and Dr. Mario share one. Marth, Lucina, and technically Roy share one.

They share Final Smashes, but there are small changes to each one that make them “different”.
Peach and Jigglypuff would share a Final Smash in esscense only if my idea were implemented. In a perfect world, everyone would have a truly unique Final Smash.

As lazy as it would be for Puff and Peach to have similar Final Smashes, it'd still be more useful than Puff Up and actually be a reference to something (in this case, the anime) instead of a made up thing.

Sometimes, a lazy thing ends up being a better portrayal.
I don’t care what anyone says, the anime influences certain aspects of the Pokémon franchise in Smash. The games are the primary influence, but Jigglypuff’s inclusion alone validates my point. Back when she was chosen for the roster, she had a much larger presence in the anime. Now, she remains because she’s one of the original 12 (despite almost being cut several times), and she’s got a devoted fanbase. Mewtwo spoke in the Japanese version of Melee. Again, something that happens in the anime, not the game. Lucario’s aura ability was first showcased in a movie, and Lucario talks. Greninja was chosen before his anime presence, before his game presence actually, but I digress. Greninja now has had a huge anime influence. Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Greninja are also just extremely popular Pokémon. I know there’s the leaked images of Incineroar being in the anime, and he could very well make it in over Decidueye. However, Decidueye is incredibly popular, and as I said before, I think the anime influences Smash as a secondary, while the games are the primary source.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

In order of Wants;
Super Mario Bros.: Toad, Waluigi, Geno
Donkey Kong Country: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong
The Legend of Zelda: Tingle, Moblin Ganon, Impa
Kirby: Bandanna Waddle Dee, Prince Fluff, Suzie
Pokemon: Genesect, Mimikyu, Meowth
Metroid: Ridley, Dark Samus, Sylux
StarFox: Wolf, Krystal, Pigma
Yoshi's Island: Kamek, Shy Guy, Baby Bowser
MOTHER: Porky, Ninten, Flint
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Pico, Black Shadow

Special mention goes to Paper Mario, but I'd argue he could represent his own series like Yoshi and Wario do.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

:4mario:: Geno, Toad, Daisy
:4dk:: King K. Rool, Donkey kong jr. Dixie kong
:4link:: Skull Kid, Ganon, Impa
:4kirby:: Gooey, Doroach, Dark Matter
:4pikachu:: Grovyle, :pt:, Tapu Koko
:4samus:: Ridley, Sylux, Dark Samus
:4fox:: Krystal, Andross, Slippy
:4yoshi:: Poochy, Stork, Kamek
:4ness:: Ninten, Porky, Giegue
:4falcon:: Black Shadow, Deathborn, Samurai goroh

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'm not the biggest Mother fan but I think if any new Mother character gets in, it should be Kumatora or Flint.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
My list:

:4mario:: Daisy, Waluigi, Captain Toad.
:4link:: Midna, Skull Kid, Tingle.
:4dk:: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong.
:4kirby:: Bandana Dee, Magolor, Susie.
:4pikachu:: Decidueye, Genesect, Meloetta. I picked the latter two from the Top 100 Pokémon in Japan list (before gen 7).
:4samus:: Ridley, Dark Samus. No third newcomer.
:4fox:: Andross (humanoid), Krystal, Slippy.
:4yoshi:: Poochy, Kamek. No third newcomer.
:4ness:: None.
:4falcon:: Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow. No third newcomer.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My list

Mario: Captain Toad, King Boo, Waluigi
Zelda: Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim
Pokemon: Sceptile, Tapu Koko, something from Gen 8
Kirby: Bandana Waddle See, Daroach, Dark Matter
Metroid: Ridley, Dark Samus, Sylux
Star Fox: Peppy, Slippey, Andross
Yoshi: Baby Bros, Kamek, Poochy
Donkey Kong: Dixie, K Rool, Cranky
Fzero: Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Jody
Earthbound: Ninten, Paula, Porky

Also would anyone be interested in seeing my roster that's sorta a prediction, perhaps a biased prediction but whatever.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

What do you mean with thet they need a fighting chance of being included? Cause depending on your definition you can already scrap 10 potential characters

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What would everyone want to see included in a Smash 5 debut trailer? Not a Switch port but a whole new game.
I never responded to this so here’s what I would like to see.

A well-done and emotionally driven Smash trailer which focuses on the history of the series and Nintendo. A blend of Brawl’s and 4’s would be nice. Maybe epically visual batlles between the veterans. As for them, Mario, Link, Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, DK, Fox, Bowser, Marth, Pit, and Villager would do nicely.

Obvious showcase the games gimmick (FS for Brawl, 3Ds for 4) whilst doing it. Then introduce 3 to 4 newcomers. For maximum hype and surprise:

1, Captain Toad
2. Inkling
3, Ridley
4. Banjo-Kazooie

For a more safer and conservative approach:

1. Captain Toad
2. Inkling
3. Takamaru
4.Rayman

Then maybe a teaser scene possibly indicating the next character to be revealed.

Next,
:4mario:: Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario
:4dk:: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Animal buddy team
:4link:: Tetra, Impa, Lana
:4kirby:: Bandana Dee, Galacta Knight, Daroach
:4pikachu:: Decidueye, Gengar, Shadow Mewtwo
:4samus:: Ridley, Sylux, Dark Samus
:4fox:: Krystal, Leon, Andries
:4yoshi:: Kamek, Baby Bowser, Baby Mario and Luigi
:4ness:: Kumatora, Gigas, Porky
:4falcon:: Black Shadow, Pico, and Goroh [/QUOTE]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What do you mean with thet they need a fighting chance of being included? Cause depending on your definition you can already scrap 10 potential characters
In all actuality, I wanted to have 3 newcomers who are feasible or at least, MOST feasible and have the highest chance of inclusion from all these franchises togheter...

In the end, am not dissatisfied with how it turned out. Glad to see many of my favorites up there on all of you guys' posts. Am good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In all actuality, I wanted to have 3 newcomers who are feasible or at least, MOST feasible and have the highest chance of inclusion from all these franchises togheter...

In the end, am not dissatisfied with how it turned out. Glad to see many of my favorites up there on all of you guys' posts. Am good.
Oh wow, I misunderstood completely. At least now it makes more sense than "name three viable F-Zero newcomers" which is what I thought you meant. :p

As for your actual request, hmm...
Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, Daruk

I'd throw Sylux and a Gen VIII Pokémon on there, but getting them in relies on things that haven't happened yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh wow, I misunderstood completely. At least now it makes more sense than "name three viable F-Zero newcomers" which is what I thought you meant. :p

As for your actual request, hmm...
Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, Daruk

I'd throw Sylux and a Gen VIII Pokémon on there, but getting them in relies on things that haven't happened yet.
Daruk? Odd choice, but my favorite of the Champions in BotW from what I've seen. He's also got the most used ability, from what I've seen. Gorons are also heavily present in the Zelda franchise. However, I just don't see him having long-term influence in the franchise. Unless they are gonna make a BotW prequel, which would also be very interessting.

I agree with Captain Toad and Dixie however. Would very much want them included as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Do you mean people who can hold their own in a fight? In that case...
:mario64: Nabbit, Captain Toad and Waluigi
:dk64: Dixie, Cranky and K.Rool
:kirby64: Bandana Dee, Magolor and Susie
:fox64: Krystal I guess?
:pikachu64: Aggron, Mimikyu and Zoroark
:falcon64: Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow
:ness64: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kumatora?
:yoshi64:lol
:samus64: Ridley, Dark Samus and Sylux
:link64: Ganon, Tingle and Linkle I guess

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

Super Mario: Captain Toad, Pauline, Paper Mario

Donkey Kong: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong

Zelda: Impa, BotW Link, a Champion from BotW (Mipha?)

Kirby: Bandana Dee, Prince Fluff and Susie

Pokemon: Decidueye, Tapu Koko, Mimikyu

Metroid: Sylux, a Chozo, Dark Samus

StarFox: Krystal, Peppy, Slippy

Yoshi: Kamek, Baby Bowser, Baby Mario

Mother: Porky, Paula, Kumatora

F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Dr. Steward, Pico.

Some of these are quite a stretch tho.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Daruk? Odd choice, but my favorite of the Champions in BotW from what I've seen. He's also got the most used ability, from what I've seen. Gorons are also heavily present in the Zelda franchise. However, I just don't see him having long-term influence in the franchise. Unless they are gonna make a BotW prequel, which would also be very interessting.

I agree with Captain Toad and Dixie however. Would very much want them included as well.
Yeah, he's definitely one of my more unorthodox predictions. I definitely think he has merit though. A special ability that goes along really well with a heavyweight playstyle, synergistically, represents one of the series's most recurring races, and from the latest game.

I get the whole one-off thing, and I thought the same, at first...until the Champions headlined their own DLC expansion and got their own amiibo. I think that shows they have more of a lasting impact even if they don't reappear. And add in how successful BotW was and I could definitely see one of the Champions getting in, despite being one-offs.

Just my thought process though. A Champion seems like one of those choices that could blindside folks at first but make sense in retrospect, kinda like what happened with Rosalina and Robin around here in Smash 4.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokemon
Metroid
StarFox
Yoshi's Island
MOTHER
F-Zero

Oh boy...

Mario-Toad, Fawful, Paper Mario.

DK: Dixie, K.Rool, Pauline

Zelda: Tetra, Impa, Tingle

Kirby: Bandanna Dee,... Marx, Magalor

Pokémon: Decidueye, Lycanroc, Sceptile

Metroid: Sylux,... Ridley, Kraid (I've never played a Metroid game)

Star-Fox: Wolf, Krystal, Sliipy

Yoshi: Yarn Yoshi, Kamek, Baby Mario/Luigi

EB: Ninten, Porky, Paula

F-Zero: Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I’ve seen a lot of people saying Corrin is going to be cut in Smash V.

...Does anyone know why?

I know Sakurai said he was weary adding another Fire Emblem Character. He thought adding Corrin was adding too many Fire Emblem characters, but I don’t know if he was just saying that. I know he’s a big fan of the franchise, and I feel Roy of Lucina would be cut before Corrin would.

I’m confused. Help.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

...Does anyone know why?

I know Sakurai said he was weary adding another Fire Emblem Character. He thought adding Corrin was adding too many Fire Emblem characters, but I don’t know if he was just saying that. I know he’s a big fan of the franchise, and I feel Roy of Lucina would be cut before Corrin would.

I’m confused. Help.
People are just salty about her being yet another Fire Emblem character, that's literally all there is.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
My list focuses less on the most obvious choices and more on who I would like to see:

:4mario:: Captain Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario
:4dk:: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Cranky Kong
:4link:: Some form of Ganon that uses a sword, Vaati, and Igos de Ikana (I know not very realistic but we've seen crazier things.)
:4kirby:: Bandanna Dee, Galacta Knight, Susie
:4pikachu:: Gen VIII Pokemon, Incineroar, and Sceptilr
:4samus:: Ridley, Sylux, and Dark Samus
:4fox:: Leon, Krystal, and Peppy
:4yoshi:: Poochy, Kamek, and Reggie Fils-Aime
:4ness:: Poo, Duster, and Paula
:4falcon:: Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, and OCTOMAN!!!!!!

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
People are just salty about her being yet another Fire Emblem character, that's literally all there is.
Okay. I figured as much. That’s silly.

I’ve seen the same being said of Rosalina, Little Mac, Shulk, and Wii Fit Trainer.

That’s pure salt.

I swear, if it were left up to the Smash Community to collectively develop a Smash Bros game the roster would take years to decide on, and be a jumbled disaster.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Okay. I figured as much. That’s silly.

I’ve seen the same being said of Rosalina, Little Mac, Shulk, and Wii Fit Trainer.

That’s pure salt.

I swear, if it were left up to the Smash Community to collectively develop a Smash Bros game the roster would take years to decide on, and be a jumbled disaster.
There'd be over 100 characters, and half of them would be Goku's different forms :troll:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Yeah, he's definitely one of my more unorthodox predictions. I definitely think he has merit though. A special ability that goes along really well with a heavyweight playstyle, synergistically, represents one of the series's most recurring races, and from the latest game.

I get the whole one-off thing, and I thought the same, at first...until the Champions headlined their own DLC expansion and got their own amiibo. I think that shows they have more of a lasting impact even if they don't reappear. And add in how successful BotW was and I could definitely see one of the Champions getting in, despite being one-offs.

Just my thought process though. A Champion seems like one of those choices that could blindside folks at first but make sense in retrospect, kinda like what happened with Rosalina and Robin around here in Smash 4.
I'm curious, did you pick Daruk simply because you like him, or that you feel he's the most likeliest out of the champions?

...Does anyone know why?

I’m confused. Help.
They're rather unpopular here thanks to being from a game that wasn't even released globally during the time of their reveal. FE has 4 unique fighters and the other 3 are considerably more popular and were also added into the main roster, so Corrin's seen as lower priority. FE's roster representation also tripled over the course of Smash 4 as other series got no new fighters so people are pretty salty about that too. Figuring out who might come back next time is rather tricky depending on how much development time is left at the end. The only ones I'd say are definitely safe are Marth, Ike, and Robin. I'd like Corrin back though, a shapeshifting manakete is pretty cool as a concept. I'd prefer it if they went pure dragon attacks instead of using the sword as well but it's fine either way.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I'm curious, did you pick Daruk simply because you like him, or that you feel he's the most likeliest out of the champions?

They're rather unpopular here thanks to being from a game that wasn't even released globally during the time of their reveal. FE has 4 unique fighters and the other 3 are considerably more popular and were also added into the main roster, so Corrin's seen as lower priority. FE's roster representation also tripled over the course of Smash 4 as other series got no new fighters so people are pretty salty about that too. Figuring out who might come back next time is rather tricky depending on how much development time is left at the end. The only ones I'd say are definitely safe are Marth, Ike, and Robin.
Fire Emblem is a popular franchise though. Especially in Japan. I’ve never understood the argument that “_____ series has too many reps! _____ series deserve characters before _____ series.” and “Every franchise deserves more than one rep.”

A popular franchise is always going to have more reps than others. In the case of F-Zero and Earthbound, along with other single rep franchises, that’s all they really need. Be happy they got any kind of representation, because fans of other franchises have no reps at all.

I think and hope we will see Fire Emblem’s characters are Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, and Corrin. Along with a Fire Emblem Switch character. I know Lucina is extremely popular though, and she could maybe come back as DLC or be an alternate for Marth as she was originally planned to be.

Only time will tell.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Not gonna happen.

If Sakurai made Dr. Mario a clone instead of an alt because he was a clone in Melee, what are Lucina's chances of being an alt?
I wouldn’t say it’s not going to happen. Highly unlikely maybe, but not impossible.

Maybe she’ll just be cut then. Who knows?

I feel Sakurai would choose a unique moveset over a clone when determining which characters will return for a certain franchise. Lucina wouldn’t take a long time to implement, no, but I also feel that puts her at a lower priority.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wouldn’t say it’s not going to happen. Highly unlikely maybe, but not impossible.

Maybe she’ll just be cut then. Who knows?

I feel Sakurai would choose a unique moveset over a clone when determining which characters will return for a certain franchise. Lucina wouldn’t take a long time to implement, no, but I also feel that puts her at a lower priority.
She's too popular in FE to get a cut.

I say she'd probably get decloned a little to be more than just "tipperless Marth"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

They're rather unpopular here thanks to being from a game that wasn't even released globally during the time of their reveal. FE has 4 unique fighters and the other 3 are considerably more popular and were also added into the main roster, so Corrin's seen as lower priority. FE's roster representation also tripled over the course of Smash 4 as other series got no new fighters so people are pretty salty about that too. Figuring out who might come back next time is rather tricky depending on how much development time is left at the end. The only ones I'd say are definitely safe are Marth, Ike, and Robin. I'd like Corrin back though, a shapeshifting manakete is pretty cool as a concept. I'd prefer it if they went pure dragon attacks instead of using the sword as well but it's fine either way.
A bit of both. I do legitimately think Daruk would offer the most of the Champions, but most of the reasons apply to the others as well. Basically, I predict we'll get a Champion, and I think Daruk would potentially offer the most.

Rivali would be another obvious one if Decidueye doesn't end up making it though. Mipha I think has an outside shot.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Fire Emblem is a popular franchise though. Especially in Japan. I’ve never understood the argument that “_____ series has too many reps! _____ series deserve characters before _____ series.” and “Every franchise deserves more than one rep.”

A popular franchise is always going to have more reps than others. In the case of F-Zero and Earthbound, along with other single rep franchises, that’s all they really need. Be happy they got any kind of representation, because fans of other franchises have no reps at all.

I think and hope we will see Fire Emblem’s characters are Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, and Corrin. Along with a Fire Emblem Switch character. I know Lucina is extremely popular though, and she could maybe come back as DLC or be an alternate for Marth as she was originally planned to be.

Only time will tell.
Fire Emblem is a popular franchise, but relative to say, Kirby, DK and Animal Crossing, it roughly just got on their level and really isn't anything too special. Fire Emblem doesn't sell more than those franchises do, despite getting a much larger marketing push in Smash and by Intelligent Systems (Just going to shout out that they're doing a great job at marketing it lately) than the other franchises do. Most people that are upset with the number Fire Emblem gets are upset because it is special treatment, Fire Emblem's not actually more popular than all the franchises with less characters than it, especially not so much more that it deserves as much characters as those franchises I listed earlier combined together. The hate will probably die down when those franchises start getting more characters, but not if FE still gets more newcomers than them combined next game lol.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
A bit of both. I do legitimately think Daruk would offer the most of the Champions, but most of the reasons apply to the others as well. Basically, I predict we'll get a Champion, and I think Daruk would potentially offer the most.
His matchup with Duck Hunt would be atrocious though :troll:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Or maybe people just genuinely didn't want another Fire Emblem character and wanted to see a 2nd Ballot character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom