• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't think he's "wtf" enough to anyone who isn't actively online discussing this sort of thing. To people who just buy and play the game, which there's way more of than there are of us, they would probably just say "huh, its about time." and be done with it. All of us, on the other hand, will probably have our brains melted as this was seen as literally impossible as long as Sakurai is the director.
It was just a bit of a jape mate.
I dunno.

He's still pretty popular.

He'd be about as WTF as Villager was for Smash 4.

As in, not much.
I thought adding the troll face would have made it clear I was joking.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Off topic, I know but since we're talking about Ridley, does anyone know who are the mods of the Ridley group? I wanna join, but I don't exactly know who to look to to join.

Ok I know it wasn’t brought up as a serious idea but now I’m in love with the concept of Veronica as a summoner hhh why do I have to love so many fire emblem characters
Veronica is alright, but I'd prefer Bruno tbh. He's a mage but on a mount, yes? Tbh, I kind of want a character who rides on the back of a horse to be playable.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think he's "wtf" enough to anyone who isn't actively online discussing this sort of thing. To people who just buy and play the game, which there's way more of than there are of us, they would probably just say "huh, its about time." and be done with it. All of us, on the other hand, will probably have our brains melted as this was seen as literally impossible as long as Sakurai is the director.

EDIT: My fear is Labo being the WTF character. Because if it gets in, I'll let out one extra slow "wtf" for like a nonstop hour after its reveal.
The character we needed, but not the one we deserved.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By trouble, are you implying that memoryman may be in trouble with Ryce/people potentially leaking information about Ridley or something else all together? Last time I checked, he was the butt in joke of the Smash community because of his Daisy obsession.
It's just a guess, but the former. I simply think the higher ups would be none-too-pleased their private conversation regarding unrevealed content was breached, and whomever may be the original culprit (so far it seems unknown how memoryman came across this information), I imagine someone will be at least be removed from that discord chat if not worse. Perhaps not though, as this news seems to have not spread much. And yeah, people over on GameFAQs and resetera were also cracking the uncommon Daisy joke in those threads, heh. His reputation precedes him.

I'm going to assume that she didn't say anything unless proven otherwise. The Ridley leak discussion should solely focus on what we can prove someone said.
That's prudent, though memoryman wasn't untruthful about the other three specifically named. Regardless the rumour seems to have some merit even without Emily's involvement.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Villager is collecting things in a village on a bright day.

The sun is partially blotted out. Villager looks up to see the Smash logo in the sky.

Except the smash logo is Ridley's distorted silhouette in front of the sun.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I s2g if one of the 26 guests on rn is a dev thinking we're all supporting this
There's 23 now. There were 3 devs, they've taken this information and ran away... Oh.. Oh no... What have we done?
On a more serious note, I think Labo came along too late to be really considered for anything beyond a couple items, luckily.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Labo's side special? Turn into that motorcycle thing. Down special? Dropping as a piano. Warning: Character is extremely weak to box cutters.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Labo mech-armor as items. Three pieces: Legs, body armor, head gear.

Each item individually gives some sort of boost or effect.

Collect all three in battle and watch how silly your fighter looks strapped in cardboard.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
People talking Labo? What about snipperclips? I think that fits the "representing hardware" (joy-cons) spot pretty well.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Villager is collecting things in a village on a bright day.

The sun is partially blotted out. Villager looks up to see the Smash logo in the sky.

Except the smash logo is Ridley's distorted silhouette in front of the sun.
The idea of Ridley terrorizing an Animal Crossing village puts a rather concerning smile on my face. I think I have a problem.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Talking about Snipperclips? What about one of the best selling 1st party Switch games "1-2 Switch"?

no seriously its one of the best selling i dont understand

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Talking about Snipperclips? What about one of the best selling 1st party Switch games "1-2 Switch"?

no seriously its one of the best selling i dont understand
I'm sorry, was there a notable character in 1-2 switch? Other than a cow's nipple I mean.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Alax is almost definitely just having fun.

He'd probably be saying stuff like this even if the rumor WASN'T circulating.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's just a guess, but the former. I simply think the higher ups would be none-too-pleased their private conversation regarding unrevealed content was breached, and whomever may be the original culprit (so far it seems unknown how memoryman came across this information), I imagine someone will be at least be removed from that discord chat if not worse. Perhaps not though, as this news seems to have not spread much. And yeah, people over on GameFAQs and resetera were also cracking the uncommon Daisy joke in those threads, heh. His reputation precedes him.

That's prudent, though memoryman wasn't untruthful about the other three specifically named. Regardless the rumour seems to have some merit even without Emily's involvement.
This makes me wish I knew more about memoryman's history, especially if he's been tangibly involved in leaks. We know him as a troll but at the same time, without his involvement, we wouldn't know anything regarding this rumor. Last time I checked, nothing suggests that he's good at photoshop or stuff like that. It's also worth noting that none of the staff have come and tried to dispel the rumor.

As for punishments, all I have to say is that hearing about horror stories regarding NeoGAF and ResetERA, it's probably worse than what we imagine. If memoryman did leak Ridley to the public, someone is going to get hurt worse than a removal from Discord or even a ban from ResetERA. Ryce is right, this should have never happened. All we can do is to compose information about the leak and to clear up any misconceptions that may come across.

That said I agree that we don't need Emily Rogers for the Ridley leak to be true. Verification on this would be awesome either way but I'm not hinging on it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No idea if this means anything or if it's coincidental.
It's just a prediction from him. Besides, he's been on the sideline saying he'll be playable anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I'm incredibly skeptical of memoryman as a real source to anything, honestly. The guy isn't just a troll, he's a lot worse than that from what I've seen and the people they've influenced to think acting like them is acceptable. :dizzy:

What is the context to all this? How, or why would memoryman know anything? If he's the source of this rumor it's almost definitely nonsense unless they've had a serious history in leaks I've never heard of.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Betting on memory knowing squat.
I follow him since Smash DLC and never has he shown any knowledge of insider info

Then again if he has actually made a post without mentioning Daisy, then hell froze over anyways

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
As for punishments, all I have to say is that hearing about horror stories regarding NeoGAF and ResetERA, it's probably worse than what we imagine. If memoryman did leak Ridley to the public, someone is going to get hurt worse than a removal from Discord or even a ban from ResetERA. Ryce is right, this should have never happened. All we can do is to compose information about the leak and to clear up any misconceptions that may come across..
Honestly this bit here kinda sours my hype and enjoyment of the speculation we have been having the past many pages. It kinda feels like the information was stolen, but in a malicious way different to some anonymous leak on 4chan. I am still really excited for Smash and hope that Ridley gets in, it just seems now that it is kinda bad that we know what we know because of the way we found out :(

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Man, where's our boy Sal Romano when you need him?

D

Deleted member

My theory: Memory broke into Bandai Namco headquarters in an attempt to force them to put Daisy in the game but he was caught by security, but not before catching a glimpse of Ridley's shadow.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I have to be honest, and I may seem like a fool but I am really quite lost here.

In a moderately-layman's terms, what do we know? What is being speculated, is Memoryman's involvement itself speculation or...? Why is it we wouldn't know about this rumor? I'm having a difficult time putting all of this together after so many posts.

It started as this one guy who apparently leaked other things such as Captain Toad Switch correctly, then they came out and said they didn't know anything...

Emily Rogers allegedly backed it, but I don't think I've ever actually seen any link to that. Just people mentioning it. I probably missed or forgot about it, but I would happily welcome a source.

Now Memoryman is supposedly involved to some extent? Where did this come from?

Is there anything behind this leak anymore at all? What am I getting wrong here?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm incredibly skeptical of memoryman as a real source to anything, honestly. The guy isn't just a troll, he's a lot worse than that from what I've seen and the people they've influenced to think acting like them is acceptable. :dizzy:

What is the context to all this? How, or why would memoryman know anything? If he's the source of this rumor it's almost definitely nonsense unless they've had a serious history in leaks I've never heard of.
Unfortunately I'm not as well acquainted with memoryman1 as other people so someone would have to go more in depth about him.

Though I will say this, if he is as bad as people make him out to be and if this rumor is true, him leaking private conversations out like this without the consideration of other people is not beneath him.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I have to be honest, and I may seem like a fool but I am really quite lost here.

In a moderately-layman's terms, what do we know? What is being speculated, is Memoryman's involvement itself speculation or...? Why is it we wouldn't know about this rumor? I'm having a difficult time putting all of this together after so many posts.
Here is a summary of the rumour itself compiled by Zeb:
Went ahead and make a quick write up on the leaks, just for the sake of the OP which I should keep updated and clean. . .which I forgot that I owned because I didn't recognize my avatar bet avatar. WHOOPS

During the hype of the March direct, staff of the site ResetERA began to hype things up themselves. This included multiple hints that smash would appear in the direct. Obviously, this was correct. However, what is relevant to this thread is what was said by Nibel and, most importantly, Jonneh. Both are ResetERA staff and gave a few special hints of their own.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5342832/

Now, for the sake of my sanity, im mostly going to ignore this one. Nibel could have meant anything, and I dont want to turn this into a Ridley shadow analysis. Im going to mostly focus on Jonneh.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5343241/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5308945/

ResetERA staff member, Jonneh, began hinting at something "too big." But that's not all
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Even on twitter, we have little hints to tie things together.

It's clear to me, that this is all hinting a Ridley having a "big" role. :p

And before people go "but wait!" Jonneh has had a pretty good track record of late.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...tered-announcement.15636/page-34#post-3140394

Here he is, hinting at Mario Tennis Aces
And here he is hinting at Captain Toad on 3DS and Switch

So he isn't just a nobody and clearly has ties to insider information. Now, does that mean Ridley is 100% confirmed!!?!?!

No. Sometimes inside info is skewed or wrong. Things like this happen. Hell, for all we know this is all one huge misunderstanding and Jonneh was never trying to hint at anything.

My suggestion: Don't get too excited. We don't know what the future holds, and I would hope Ridley fans learned their lessons after what happened with Smash For and shadow analysis.
If I made an error, let me know.

Good luck everyone!
:061:
But memoryman33's involvement is basically that they somehow got a hold of a private conversation from ResetEra and then posted it on GameFaqs for the world to see, which the involved parties were none too pleased about. I am not entirely sure about his backstory beyond the fact that he has a fanatical obsession with Daisy otherwise though.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Here is a summary of the rumour itself compiled by Zeb:

But memoryman33's involvement is basically that they somehow got a hold of a private conversation from ResetEra and then posted it on GameFaqs for the world to see, which the involved parties were none too pleased about. I am not entirely sure about his backstory beyond the fact that he has a fanatical obsession with Daisy otherwise though.

Hope that helps :)
Thank you. I was really getting lost there for a while. I knew about Jonneh's involvement, but not memoryman's ahah.

Is there a link to this GameFaqs post? Is it related to the Ridley thing at all or just a random conversation?

Also, does anyone have a source to the Emily Rogers thing? I've seen it mentioned pretty often and it's not in the compilation of info despite being mentioned earlier.. was it debunked, or something?

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Thank you. I was really getting lost there for a while. I knew about Jonneh's involvement, but not memoryman's ahah.

Is there a link to this GameFaqs post? Is it related to the Ridley thing at all or just a random conversation?

Also, does anyone have a source to the Emily Rogers thing? I've seen it mentioned pretty often and it's not in the compilation of info despite being mentioned earlier.. was it debunked, or something?
Here is the GameFaqs thread where he "leaks" the conversation: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros/76412300 I think there may be some pictures of the actual conversation, but it may be what was in Zeb's summary.

There does not actually to be any actual reference to Emily Rogers beyond memoryman, so that can probably be discounted at this stage, although it should not effect credibility too much.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Okay, after going through this thread it makes a lot more sense to me now.

- Jonneh hints at Ridley on ERA and Twitter
- RCE claims on Discord ERA mods know about Inklings and Ridley, speculates that they'll be the next newcomer revealed
- Memoryman3 leaks the Discord chat on Discord, because of course they did, and claims Emily Rogers is hinting it too with no source
- RCE claims in Memoryman's GameFAQs thread that he was just speculating on the Discord and the topic shouldn't exist (this seems obvious to me but it happened so I'm leaving it.)

Is this accurate?
Also, do we know how RCE knows the ERA mods know anything? Is this more speculation? It seems very possible Memoryman could have posted this out of context (unless everyone else knows more about RCE than I do, which then this sentence probably just seems silly.)

Regardless I think we're at square 1 with Jonneh hinting at Ridley, nothing else here really seems to mean much of anything other than that Memoryman is getting in trouble for leaking private convos (which were mostly stating the obvious anyways, no idea why they thought it was significant enough to expose themself leaking.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom