• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say if the gamefaqs post does not feature Daisy then it's probably real info.
For those not in the know, Memoryman is a known argent Daisy supporter.

This rumor keeps getting new twists.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I'd say if the gamefaqs post does not feature Daisy then it's probably real info.
The GameFAQs post is real, however it's nothing substantial as far as I can tell. It's just RCE in Discord speculating about what Jonneh said, and Memoryman linking it to Jonneh's Ridley hints (which I think were fairly obvious to begin with.)
RCE posted in the GameFAQs thread stating the screenshot was real, but it was just speculation and a pointless topic.

The most notable part about the leak is RCE stating that ERA mods knew about the Smash reveal and inklings previously, along with Ridley.

I don't know who RCE is enough to know how they would know this, though.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
RCE posted in the GameFAQs thread stating the screenshot was real, but it was just speculation and a pointless topic.
That's what they want us to believe.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd love for him to have like a tennis racket symbol and represent mario sports games, maybe daisy as DLC with the same symbol and have captain toad as the mario newcomer.

I know thats a lot of characters for what would generally be seen as the mario series and i dont exactly expect it but those are the three characters i feel are missing from mario and waluigi and daisy are really more associated with mario spin off games.

I do think at least one assist trophy will pull a "little mac" and my guess is either takamaru as a retro rep or waluigi as a mario sports game rep (fits with the new mario tennis anyway, thats where waluigi began and he even uses a tennis racket as an assist trophy). Sakurai mentioned him in the context of not being playable which makes me feel he was thought of but he also seems like he was the poster child FOR assist trophy characters so who knows what sakurai will do with him this time.
I know it's minor but I'd love every character had a unique logo as well as a unique winning theme. It's small but it'd be nice to see.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
That's what they want us to believe.
Is there a reason not to? It seems pretty clear he was speculating, and he gave his reasons for believing so in the original Discord chat (which were the Jonneh hints and the ERA mods allegedly knowing about the Smash reveal with Ridley and Inklings.)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is there a reason not to? It's pretty clear he was speculating, and he gave his reasons for believing so (which were the Jonneh hints and the ERA mods allegedly knowing about the Smash reveal with Ridley and Inklings.)
To cover up?

Regardless, sarcasm can be difficult to detect when it's only expressed in text.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The GameFAQs post is real, however it's nothing substantial as far as I can tell. It's just RCE in Discord speculating about what Jonneh said, and Memoryman linking it to Jonneh's Ridley hints (which I think were fairly obvious to begin with.)

The most notable part about the leak is RCE stating that ERA mods knew about the Smash reveal and inklings previously, along with Ridley.

I don't know who RCE is enough to know how they would know this, though.
RCE was a prominent and legit MvCI leaker before Neogaf died, so him being in the know with the modmins of what is essentially Neogaf 2.0 is no surprise imo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have MemoryMan on ignore, what is he leaking, why does ANYONE care/believe it and how much Daisy is in it

Also what other leaks are supposedly circulating. Keeping up with this thread is impossible

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hoo boi, this is bound to get dirty real quick. :011:

I mean, I can already see these rumors not threaded carefully enough to possibly tarnish Ridley's reputation in Smash-community and outside of it, incase this turns out to be fake despite all the great "odds" evidenced by this point.

However, if this Mr.RCE actually manages to keep leak chaining going successfully...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There was a problem fetching the tweet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No idea if this means anything or if it's coincidental.
RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!!

RelaxAlex was one of Ridley's avid supporters in Smash 4, so it doesn't come off as a surprise that he's pushing for answers on the purple space dragon's inclusion. Since it hasn't even been a week since the reveal of Smash Switch, I think I'll refrain from investing too much hope into any leak or rumor. ESPECIALLY those that say something as wild as Ridley finally getting confirmed. My heart wouldn't be able to take it if it were false.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just to add to what people have already said about RelaxAlex, it's no secret that he was a huge supporter of Ridley's inclusion for Smash 4, with that in mind it just reads as a supporter's hopeful wish.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's beautiful seeing a big purple space pterosaur bring so many people together.

Truly a miracle of mankind.
Not just any big purple space pterosaur! A big purple space pterosaur that murdered a little girl's parents, traumatized her for life, and forced her to be raised by strange alien caretakers!

Absolutely beautiful. It's enough to make a man cry.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Not just any big purple space pterosaur! A big purple space pterosaur that murdered a little girl's parents, traumatized her for life, and forced her to be raised by strange alien caretakers!

Absolutely beautiful. It's enough to make a man cry.
Don't forgot, he traumatized her again after she was already raised by said alien caretakers.

We've truly got the personality of the generation here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I no longer want to hear about the relationship between Samus and Ridley after seeing the abomination that is Ridley Junior

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Not really a new thought here but I'd love Smash 2018 to have a real villain focus. There are plenty of series repped in Smash that lack a villain. It'd be cool to have a whole bunch of bad guys join the scene.

D

Deleted member

Not really a new thought here but I'd love Smash 2018 to have a real villain focus. There are plenty of series repped in Smash that lack a villain. It'd be cool to have a whole bunch of bad guys join the scene.
You know what Smash also lacks? Communists.
Do you see where I'm going with this?
Carl Marx.jpg

I mean he IS a villain

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 138651
I mean he IS a villain
Although the villain factor alone isn't enough to earn my support for a character, you have to admit, it'd be really nice to have Wolf, Ridley, and K. Rool all on the same roster.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
View attachment 138651
I mean he IS a villain
I honestly wouldn't object to Marx. The fact that he's coming back in Star Allies is amazing in and of itself. Hoping we get to see Ribbon, Adeleine and Daroach somewhere in Star Allies' life cycle.

I'd admittedly prioritise Bandanna Waddle Dee over Marx for Kirby newcomers, but Marx could be a pretty fun addition.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
8-Player Smash with Dedede, Ganondorf, Bowser, K. Rool, Ridley, Hades, Wolf and Deathborn sounds amazing.

D

Deleted member

Although the villain factor alone isn't enough to earn my support for a character, you have to admit, it'd be really nice to have Wolf, Ridley, and K. Rool all on the same roster.
I wasn't fully joking about Marx. I'm genuinely starting to find him interesting.
I can sympathize with that, but only if there's a story mode.

I honestly wouldn't object to Marx. The fact that he's coming back in Star Allies is amazing in and of itself. Hoping we get to see Ribbon, Adeleine and Daroach somewhere in Star Allies' life cycle.

I'd admittedly prioritise Bandanna Waddle Dee over Marx for Kirby newcomers, but Marx could be a pretty fun addition.
Same here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why do certain topics have to be brought up while people are sleeping?

Indeed. Use a Pro Controller or GC Controller for Smash Brothers instead, trust me it is so much better. I am sure that Nintendo will find a way to USB your way with a GC Controller in Smash Brothers, but can you use the Wii U Adapter for the Nintendo Switch? I hope so, and it seems positive. Sakurai did make his way to make the GC Controller possible for Smash Brothers.
Unfortunately, I think I read somewhere that the Wii U Pro Controller is incompatible with the Nintendo Switch.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, you see young Rocket, when a Ridley loves a Samus very, very much...
Is it wrong that Henry was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this?

Damn it, I need sleep... Best/Worst time for Smash Bros speculation -the early weeks of Year 3 university. At least I don't have any early morning classes like I did this morning...

Also if Nintendo Labo gets some representation ala Mr. Game & Watch style creativity and cardboard, colour me impressed. (Head canon would be G&W would accept Labo-Man as a young apprentice in the art of flat power)

D

Deleted member

NOTHING is worse than being an 11th grader during Smash speculation lmao

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I actually need to find an internship as fast as possible to start my final exams. And yet... here I am talking about Smash.

Eh, who needs a future anyway?

D

Deleted member

Try being a nursing student who desperately needs to study for his exam on respiratory diseases when the character of your dreams is being discussed as a possible character in Smash. :lol:
Try working on a history task AND studying for exams when you own a support thread.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think he's "wtf" enough to anyone who isn't actively online discussing this sort of thing. To people who just buy and play the game, which there's way more of than there are of us, they would probably just say "huh, its about time." and be done with it. All of us, on the other hand, will probably have our brains melted as this was seen as literally impossible as long as Sakurai is the director.

EDIT: My fear is Labo being the WTF character. Because if it gets in, I'll let out one extra slow "wtf" for like a nonstop hour after its reveal.
I know this was ten pages back (And only a couple hours ago), but

...why is there a consensus that Ridley is not going to be in Pyrosphere (is it just the "leak" from resetera?)
And also, Labo is nearly guaranteed to get in, in my eyes. It is the real new Secret from Nintendo, and they would be best to do everything they can to push it. Plus, project giant ****ing fighting robot.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
8-Player Smash with Dedede, Ganondorf, Bowser, K. Rool, Ridley, Hades, Wolf and Deathborn sounds amazing.
One of these is not like the other.

Seriously, who is Death born? For another big Nintendo villain. Actually Mewtwo fills in the roll as Pokemon villain, add in Kamek and you have main antagonist of all 8 original 8 franchises

Or if you don't care about that

Giygas
Black Shadow
Black Knight
Captain Syrup
Sandman
Tom Nook
Any of the spoilery Xenoblade (not X) villains. Jin and Malia were hyped up a lot in 2
DJ Octavio

Most of those probably wouldn't be ideal choices, but if we got the 8 you mentioned people would probably include Mewtwo in the fight over whoever darkborn is

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
NOTHING is worse than being an 11th grader during Smash speculation lmao
Sorry for double post but this board is so active that I assume someone else will post before I finish this but THIS SO MUCH

I was in year 11 for the majority of it last time and I assure you IT DID NOT help. Being in a school that was still quite new to you didn't help either.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I truly cannot see Labo excluded from this game. It is hard to pinpoint when Nintendo had to have started working on it (though, it was likely as far back as the joycons themselves, given that they seem to have been made with Labo in mind), and let's not forget, they can just tell Sakurai to add a character. Which they would, to make sure Labo is a success.

This is a new Nintendo, y'all. Literally. Not the same president.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Dedede hasn't been a true villain since he stole food in Spring Breeze AKA Kirby's Dream Land ****ing 2.0

Psh, a nursing student could do that in their sleep!

Well... no, that's not true. Nursing students don't get to sleep
11th graders like me wish they didn't need sleep.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Being from Australia, I often am awake while a lot of Smashboards is sleeping. I used to joke with fellow Aussies that we take care of the Smashboards nightshift.
Oh hey another Aussie

I'm sure what part of Australia you're from so it could be earlier for you, but I find it funny you post that when it's actually quite late right now.

I should probably get to sleep

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
One of these is not like the other.

Seriously, who is Death born? For another big Nintendo villain. Actually Mewtwo fills in the roll as Pokemon villain, add in Kamek and you have main antagonist of all 8 original 8 franchises

Or if you don't care about that

Giygas
Black Shadow
Black Knight
Captain Syrup
Sandman
Tom Nook
Any of the spoilery Xenoblade (not X) villains. Jin and Malia were hyped up a lot in 2
DJ Octavio

Most of those probably wouldn't be ideal choices, but if we got the 8 you mentioned people would probably include Mewtwo in the fight over whoever darkborn is
He's the antagonist of F-Zero GX, the latest console F-Zero game.

You know who Black Shadow is but not them...? I definitely could have filled in Bowser Jr. in if I wanted, but I didn't want to have 2 from the same series.

I think you may have taken my post a little too seriously regardless. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom