• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domokl

Smash Lord
Maybe that's the surprise that I was talking about. Who knows? Being intentionally vague is extremely useful. Here's another hint at something crazy -

'Woof woof'
I knew Nintendog would finally get a playable character!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
As long as I've got Ridley, though, I've already won. Snake and Mimikyu would add some icing to the cake, and manage to save me from tears with the lack of Waluigi and Rayman.
There is not other character that I feel essentia-

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ah, I see that you're a man of culture as well.
ARMs is a top choice as DLC, then Pokémon, Xenoblade 2 with Rex, and Metroid with Sylux maybe?
High-five!

And I'm even prepping myself to not expect ARMS for dlc. If the dlc is done simialr to the last game we shouldn't expect new Nintendo ip reps. Really hoping it's different this time though.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
This^

>No new Kirby rep - Bandana Dee would be cool, but I won't miss him so much
>No Waluigi - Best timeline
>No new Pokémon - Mimykyu
>No Chrom - HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA... Does people even want him after all ? He is almost impossible lately.
>No Crash + Rayman to round out platforming icons - Rayman is really someone to be missed.
>Randy *** Porky and Goroh - I thought you're listing bad things, but now I'm confused.

“Ultimate roster”
View attachment 146197

Like, I know not owning a 64 or GameCube probably contributes to the strangeness of my personal dream roster, but that Imgur roster would just be super anti-hype for me.
I also had not a N64, but the Ultimate roster is the Ultimate roster.
Don't try to fight it. It's DA BESS.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So anyone have any bold predictions?

Personally I think Anna from FE actually has a decent shot. It just feels correct to me.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Are you guys ready for a roster that I went full crazy on? It's based on the premises that Vergeben is for real and also that Sakurai will be revisiting old concepts for this game.

Total Newcomers: 14
Returning Veterans: 3
Clone Newcomers: 1

Newcomer List: Captain Toad, Kamek, Dixie*, Sheriff, Impa, Takamaru, Ridley, Bandana Waddle Dee, Lycanroc, Isabelle, Alph**, Rhythm Heaven Character, Elma, Inklings, Simon Belmont, Rayman

Returning Veterans: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake

*Dixie Kong is a unique character added alongside Diddy Kong, as I imagine she was intended to be in Brawl. They're similar to the Ice Climbers, but with two different movesets.

**Alph is a clone.

Characters outlined in yellow are those I'm predicting for DLC. The one's outlined in purple are alternatives I could also see happening for the base roster. Green characters I can imagine happening for DLC, but I am not actively predicting.

Feel free to attack me on these. I know that Kamek, Alph, a Sonic character for DLC, and Sora for DLC are all unpopular predictions, but my point is to be just weird enough that it might line up with Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

So anyone have any bold predictions?

Personally I think Anna from FE actually has a decent shot. It just feels correct to me.
As far as bold predictions go, I legit think the Rabbids have a better chance than Rayman, and I think they're a pretty safe DLC choice if not on the base roster.

I also think Dixie will make it in over K. Rool.

Oh, and I don't think the Vergeben stuff is real, which I guess is probably considered bold at this point, lol.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, my roster obviously showcases my bold guesses, but I'll list them individually too.

Kamek
Diddy and Dixie Tag Team
Sheriff
A Sonic Character for DLC
Sylux for DLC
Sora for DLC

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i'm out of the loop, could someone tell me what the vergeben leak entails? i'd look through the thread but there's so many pages and I'm not sure if it'd be easy to find a post that explains all of it, this thread moves QUICK :laugh:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ah, I see that you're a man of culture as well.
ARMs is a top choice as DLC, then Pokémon, Xenoblade 2 with Rex, and Metroid with Sylux maybe?
I feel that Crash is a decent shout when it comes to 3rd party DLC, there's a lot of buzz about his potential inclusion on social media everywhere, and with his remake getting ported to the Switch it presents a good opportunity that most likely came too late for the base roster.

Also, whoever is the main character of FE Switch will be a big contender.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Feel free to attack me on these. I know that Kamek, Alph, a Sonic character for DLC, and Sora for DLC are all unpopular predictions, but my point is to be just weird enough that it might line up with Sakurai.
I see one big, glaring problem with this roster.

Waddle Dee isn't next to King Dedede.

Nah man, looks cool! Lots of bold choices.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
i'm out of the loop, could someone tell me what the vergeben leak entails? i'd look through the thread but there's so many pages and I'm not sure if it'd be easy to find a post that explains all of it, this thread moves QUICK :laugh:
Vergeben leak:
100% sure from a reliable source from his point of view:
-Ridley is a newcomer

What is less likely from his point of view:
-No cuts
-Ice Climbers and Snake return
-Simon Belmont is a newcomer

He has at least two different sources.

I feel that Crash is a decent shout when it comes to 3rd party DLC, there's a lot of buzz about his potential inclusion on social media everywhere, and with his remake getting ported to the Switch it presents a good opportunity that most likely came too late for the base roster.

Also, whoever is the main character of FE Switch will be a big contender.
True, forgot those characters, as well as Raymand and Animal Crossing's Isabelle.
Well there are still a lot of choices, lol.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
This'll probably be my last roster before E3.

As you can tell, I definitely took some creative liberties with my choices. :p

If only you added Rayman and Snake, it would have been perfect.
I give you a donut for that good recipe.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Okay, so I have TWO questions then.

1.) If it were up to you, who would YOU pick to represent Rhythm Heaven?
2.) Who should be the second Sonic character in Smash (if there had to be one)?

For number 1, my pick is Karate Joe. He can incorporate the rhythm/timing fighting style into his own, already existing karate moves, while still using other "Rhythm Heaven reference" attacks in his special moves. Plus, he appears in every single game.

For number 2, Tails.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know it's bold, but as I already stated I'm not expecting Dk newcomers (again).
Considering we get a new Dk newcomer , I think it will be both. Include Dixie and ignore K.Rool after the ballot seems weird to me.I'm positive that we'll get both or none.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

For number 1, my pick is Karate Joe. He can incorporate the rhythm/timing fighting style into his own, already existing karate moves, while still using other "Rhythm Heaven reference" attacks in his special moves. Plus, he appears in every single game.

For number 2, Tails.
1. If I were choosing based on likelihood, I would say Chorus Kids. If I were choosing for myself, it would be Karate Joe.

2. Eggman would be my preference, as he would show off more variety in the franchise than Tails would. It would have to be one or the other, though.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

For number 2, Tails.
Karate Joe.

& Knuckles

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

For number 2, Tails.
1) I don't know this series at all enough to answer this question, but I've seen people throw around the Wrestler and Karate person and they just seem....boring and uninspired, so literally anyone but them. Someone who represents that word ''Rhythm" most I guess?

2) Definitely Tails, but I'd accept Eggman and Knuckles as well.

?????????????

Smash Master
This'll probably be my last roster before E3.

As you can tell, I definitely took some creative liberties with my choices. :p
MMmmm, more bold ideas!

...I would not mind an Undertale character in Smash one bit.

EDIT: I really want that to be Ganondorf's face on the roster now. I can't tell if that's anger or fear!

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
1) I don't know this series at all enough to answer this question, but I've seen people throw around the Wrestler and Karate person and they just seem....boring and uninspired, so literally anyone but them. Someone who represents that word ''Rhythm" most I guess?

2) Definitely Tails, but I'd accept Eggman and Knuckles as well.
Tap Trial Girl would probably fit for you.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

For number 2, Tails.
1. Chorus Kids
2. Shadow

?????????????

Smash Master
1) I've seen people throw around the Wrestler and Karate person and they just seem....boring and uninspired, so literally anyone but them.
Aw, no man, they're both SUPER cool! Karate Joe has so much character despite how simple he looks, and the Wrestler is...absolutely hilarious.

...Not to take away from your completely valid opinion, just you said you were inexperienced with the franchise.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails for sure. Sonic's luigi, an iconic character in his own right, Who wouldn't love to see Mario & Luigi Vs. Sonic & Tails team battle matchups, etc.

Eggman's the next best thing. But I feel like they'd have to take quite a bit of creative liberties to fit him in and might be easier to just make him a boss if Series bosses ever return.

As for Knuckles, he may arguably fit better as a fighter. But please remember that Tails was also playable in the few Sonic fighting games there are too :p So it's not like Tails CAN'T fight. And tbh I personally feel like Knuckles getting in first is like if Wario got in before Luigi on the Mario side of things.

...And Shadow's just not worth opening the can of worms that would come from that from both Sonic fans and Non-Sonic fans alike

D

Deleted member

1. I don't know anything about the Rhythm Heaven franchise, so I'll just pick the obvious choice and say the Chorus Kids.
2. Dr. Eggman, but Tails is a close second due to the fact that he would be a great punching bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Aw, no man, they're both SUPER cool! Karate Joe has so much character despite how simple he looks, and the Wrestler is...absolutely hilarious.

...Not to take away from your completely valid opinion, just you said you were inexperienced with the franchise.
I can't speak for their characters though, but when I hear about what that series is about going to those two seems wrong? Isn't it about music and what not? Why pick those two?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Well he is a villain for both Ness and Lucas and the only character that meet both of them, the Spider Mech from the end of earthbound can give a lot of play + could actually summon Giygas for his final smash (he also could summon his own Statue).
Giygas would also be cool but only Ness knows him and only in his red weird thing form, and for the Masked Man... I don't think if I could bring myself to fight him again after Mother 3 ending...
Huh. Not too well versed when it comes to Earthbound. If Porky is the only villain to encounter both Lucas and Ness, then I suppose it makes a bit more sense. Especially if they're going with a heroes vs villains theme.

Why would cutting popular characters that are easy to implement be anywhere close to good?
Personal preference. Relax.

1) Not too familiar with possible Rhythm Heaven characters, so I suppose Chorus Kids and Marshal would both work well. Anyone else I'm not familiar with, and thus have no desire or interest to see them in Smash.

2) Not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster, let alone multiple characters from 3rd Party series. If I had to chose one though, definitely Knuckles though. A shame he was never finished in Project M.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Amy Rose...

All they needed to do was add a mechanic in that every time Pichu shocks herself, her speed, agility, and attacks would increase with every self harm like she jump starting herself also that skull bash of hers is nothing to laugh at I still have nightmares.
Replace those nightmares with more Bayo

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Diskun, perfect retro rep.
People really sleep on Diskun cause its tough to make a moveset but in all honesty he's very similar to R.O.B./Game and Watch and is probably the only other thing thats similar to those two for that style rep, besides possibly repping hanafuda but thats not really part of nintendos "video" gaming history just its gaming history so who knows if sakurai will even want to ever do anything with hanafuda. if you ever go to Japan and go to gaming stores (retro gaming stores anyway) diskun is all over the place, certainly a well known nintendo mascot that represents a certain time for the japanese audience for sure.

Last edited:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Imma give you the truth.

Snake probably isn't coming back, and Simon won't be a newcomer. Unless Nintendo quite litterally forced Sakurai to add Snake and Simon, Sakurai would probably not wish to colaborate with Konami. (Kojima was one of his friends.) Nintendo would probably not want to force Sakurai, since Sakurai is very control heavy in his games, and Nintendo might receive some bad press from woring with Konami.

If it wasn't for Simon/Snake, I could see the imgur leak being real, but those two discredit the entire leak.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Marshal is a much better character to represent the Rhythm Heaven series as a whole, as he can draw reference to multiple Rhythm heaven minigames. I mean for example, it'd be weird seeing Karate Joe bring in the Chorus Kids as part of his moveset, whereas with Marshal, it'd be more natural

?????????????

Smash Master
I can't speak for their characters though, but when I hear about what that series is about going to those two seems wrong? Isn't it about music and what not? Why pick those two?
I'm not sure if I fully understand the question, but as far as Rhythm Heaven goes...

It's just a collection of silly minigames that are completed by keeping different beats. Some are timing based, some are tempo based, some are actually related to a specific musical style, like samba...

But there aren't really recurring "characters," per se. Even the Chorus Kids are just characters in one minigame.

The thing that's special about Karate Joe is that he DOES appear in every Rhythm Heaven game; there's always a new (or old) "Karate Man" minigame featuring Karate Joe. Plus, "Karate Man" is the very FIRST minigame in the first Rhythm Heaven game.

As for the Wrestler...well...he just kinda became a meme, so I think that's why he stands out. Once again, he's really just a character in a minigame.

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
If that leak is real and Medusa is a newcomer can we finally admit that Sakurai is biased towards Kid Icarus?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I know it's bold, but as I already stated I'm not expecting Dk newcomers (again).
Considering we get a new Dk newcomer , I think it will be both. Include Dixie and ignore K.Rool after the ballot seems weird to me.I'm positive that we'll get both or none.
I tend to agree. At least in that I think it is quite likely that we will get both Dixie and K. Rool. Not sure how bold that is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom