• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
If Mario Kart doesnt count, why is the Rainbow Road stage in the image?
Just to help everyone remember what Mario stages are in the game. Someone might, for example, want to come up with a main series stage with a space or rainbow aesthetic. Rainbow Road is there to help them remember that such a thing already exists. Not that I'd mark anyone down just for re-using a stage setting, but sometimes people just want to keep that sort of thing in mind when trying to be creative.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
But by your own rules, that's not a Mario stage. It's a Mario Kart stage. I'm confused...

Not really important to get into. Don't mind me picking nits.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
But by your own rules, that's not a Mario stage. It's a Mario Kart stage. I'm confused...

Not really important to get into. Don't mind me picking nits.
Our rules aren't saying Mario Kart stages aren't Mario stages. We're just ruling out such stages for this round because we want to see everyone focus on main series games, as there's plenty of potential there.

Think of it as a round-specific rule, because that's really what it is. Don't worry. We're not discrediting the Mario Kart series as some sort of plague on the Mario franchise that must be ignored. This is just a rule to place a light-handed limit on what can be done this round, for various reasons.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Think of it as a round-specific rule, because that's really what it is. Don't worry. We're not discrediting the Mario Kart series as some sort of plague on the Mario franchise that must be ignored. This is just a rule to place a light-handed limit on what can be done this round, for various reasons.
I know. The image, with the round description, just jumped out at me and I couldn't resist acknowledging it.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
FLAB ZONE

Game of Origin: Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story

Description: Gross... fighting inside of Bowser?! Welcome to the Flab Zone, the area where Mario and Luigi traverse to get Bowser back in shape. I'm not sure how Bowser manages to fight in this stage, but whatever. There are three hanging platforms: one to the left, center, and right. They can be dropped through, of course. Below the platforms is the ground, which acts like a spring, bouncing anybody who lands onto it. Tenderlings and Calorites can be seen running around in the background.

Stage Layout:
flab zone.png

Gimmicks/Hazards: Every 30 seconds the flabby floor will solidify, losing the bouncing mechanic. At the same time, 2 of the hanging platforms will break. The platforms that break are randomly chosen. After 20 seconds, the stage returns to normal.

Unlockable?: Play 5 matches as Mario, Luigi, and Bowser, each.

Music:
Bowser's Castle (inside)
Toad Town (inside)
Cavi Cape (inside)
Hooktail Castle
Mushroom Gorge

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
-Ignore Please. Dropping out.-

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
My entry

Name of Stage
: Treacherous Mansion

Game of Origin: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Description: Everyone knows about the sequel to Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Well, this stage takes place in the final area of that game, the Treacherous Mansion. It is here that you discovered Mario, and went through the portal to face King Boo.
The stage takes place on the terrace (pictured below).

The stage is the width of smashville and has three platforms (more on that later). In the background, there is a large, arched golden object. The terrace is not attached to anything, but it is floating in midair, like final destination. You can wall-cling or wall-jump on the side of the stage.

Gimmicks/Hazards: Not much goes on here, but there is one thing makes this stage unique, the platforms. The stage starts out with three platforms. One on the right side, one on the left side, and one in the middle. These three platforms are as high up as the lower platforms in battlefield. The unique thing about them is that you can destroy them. When you deal out enough damage to a platform it will break. Five to ten seconds after a platform breaks, a large, purple portal will appear above the golden object in the background. A boo will come out of the portal and create a platform in a different place than the one destroyed. The portal will not close again unless it has been twenty seconds since a platform was destroyed. The starting platforms will all be straight, but any platforms after that will have a 50% chance to be straight and a 50% chance that it will be tilted at a 45 degree angle to the right or to the left. The platform can also be a variety of different types, like.

Stone: this is the most common type of platform. it has a 50% chance of appearing and all of the starting platforms will be like this. This type takes 30% damage before it is destroyed.

Wood: This type has a 25% chance to appear and takes 20% damage to break. Fire attacks will do two times as much damage to it.

Steel: This is the most durable type. it has a 15% chance of appearing, and it takes 50% damage to break.

Glass: This is the most fragile and uncommon type. It has a 10% chance of appearing and takes a mere 10% damage to break.

On top of all of these, there is a 1% chance that the platform will be an illusion and disappear when you try to land on it or attack it. This has the same effect as destroying it, so a platform will soon take its place.

Picture

Red = Solid Ground
Green = Wall Jump Area
Yellow = Starting Platforms
Blue = Possible Replacement Platforms

Unlockable?: Yes. How to unlock: Complete all break the targets levels with Luigi.

Extras: Sometimes you can see a ghost (greenie, slammer, or hider) fly across the background. You may also see King Boo go by. If you smash taunt with luigi, he will pull out his dual scream and Professor E. Gadd will start talking (like with a spacie on a Star Fox stage or Snake on shadow moses island)

Music
Luigi's Mansion Theme
Evershade Valley
Scarescaper
Chill - Dr. Luigi
The Nightmare Road
In the Final
Ghost House
Castle - Super Mario Bros.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
Stage: World 5
Origin: New super Mario bros
Description: The world of ice in new super Mario bros, world 5.
250px-NSMB_WorldFive.jpg

It would be a moving ice zone( where you can slip and slide.
Gimmicks/ hazards: There will be ice brothers who will shoot ice when you get to ceartain points. There will be different levels you will see and you will be teleported every time you reach the flag.
Levels: Level 1: a level with more trees then the rest. Has Ice brothers.
Level 2: an underground icy world with spinies
Level 3: A "boss level" so to speak, in that it has a powerful hazard, petey piranha, who can be defeated by getting hit 3 times.
Extras: If bowser Jr beats peach on a team battle here, he will run away with peach, with Mario chasing after her in the distance

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Oh yes... I've been waiting for this one!

...It's time to go back to '89!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Name of Stage: Sarasaland
Game of Origin: Super Mario Land

Description: This stage takes place in Sarasaland, the location in which Super Mario Land takes place. It is divided into four kingdoms - Birabuto, Muda, Easton and Chai - all under Princess Daisy's rule. This stage is primarily set in the Birabuto Kingdom - the sun is bright, palm trees are everywhere, and pyramids are seen off in the distance.

This stage would sport an updated look of the above image, with a fleshed out background and full color!

Gimmicks/Hazards: This is a scrolling stage, similar to 'Mushroomy Kingdom' from Brawl - it scrolls through the entire first level of Super Mario Land. The ? boxes can be hit to reveal items inside. The occasional goombo wanders by, and even some bombshell koopas with their infamous exploding shells (which can be picked up and thrown!). There are also a few deadly gaps.

Unlockable?: No.

Extra: Some tunes:
Birabuto Kingdom
Muda Kingdom
Easton Kingdom
Marine/Sky Pop
Athletic Theme (SML2)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Super Mario Land is a very nostalgic game for me, so I was quite excited to tackle it for this round.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Are locations from RPgs acceptable? If so I'm making a stage called Inside Bowser.
EDIT: This is now a placeholder post.

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Bowser's Castle (New Super Mario Bros. 2)

Based primarily on the castles from the 3DS entry to the New Super Mario Bros. series, this stage appears relatively basic at first glance. It looks like a typical entrance to a NSMB castle stage. (The ingame assets should be closer to the NSMB series than what I am showing.) There are three randomly generated level hazards every now and again.

The most obnoxious random stage hazard of the level arrives in the form of the Koopalings, who show up in the Koopa Klown Kar, and attack similiarly to their final assault in the game. (1:30 of this video) There will be beams in the background that will protect from their attack, which is a beam of light. All characters hit by this attack will suffer an effect similiar to that of the Deku Nut in Brawl. Their presence lasts a little longer than your average Assist Trophy, but all in all, they take their leave pretty quickly.

Next, Kamek might appear, and turn the platforms that cover the lava into Donut Blocks, which will eventually fall, leaving the lava pits open. Eventually, new permanent platforms will rise from the lava to revert the stage back.

The final stage hazard is one that doesn't actually go away when it's complete. Above the middle platform, Reznor might appear. They're easily defeated by hitting them with a strong attack, or by simply bopping the bottom of their platform. The platform will stay for the rest of the fight, though, creating an almost Yoshi's Island-style addition. When this hazard returns later in the match, it's indicated by a roaring sound, and one or two additional Reznor will fall from the sky, either on the top platform, or the two side ones. There will never be more than three Reznor at a time, with the exception of the first time they appear in the fight.

The following is the basic layout. I have excluded the beams that will protect from the Koopalings. And bear in mind, the Reznor platform doesn't materialize until later in the match.

Bowsercastle3DS.png

My Music:
Castle (New Super Mario Bros.)
Battle for the Grand Star (Galaxy)
Castle Theme (SMB) - Maybe a remix in the same vein as the Underwater theme from Brawl?
Bowser's Road (SM64)
Bowser Battle (SMB3
Castle / Boss Fortress (SMW / SMB3) - Brawl
Airship Theme (SMB3) - Brawl

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Now that we're on the subject, I'd like to share one of the greatest Mario tunes to ever exist, I personally think this song symbolizes Mario perfectly and it's as good, if not better than the SMW Credits theme. I probably also consider it on par with that game's theme because I consider NSMBWii to be the true pinnacle of 2D Mario, so the game does end with a bang and one of the best Bowser battles ever, dunno, just wanted to share that since Mario's a series that means so much to so much people, including me.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I wanna play. What stages have been made already? (I don't want to acidentally make a stage someone made already).
Flab Zone, Bowser's Castle (NSMB2), Bowser's Castle (M3DL), Sarasaland, NSMB World 5, Treacherous Mansion, and "Inside Bowser".

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I don't particularly mind if contestants compete with others using the same location as an earlier entry. Don't let such restraint hold you back!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I decided that I won't participate in this in one. Tell me when there is a Mario (home console), Pokémon or Earthbound round.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Name of Stage: Mario's Toy Factory
Game of Origin: Mario Vs Donkey Kong
Description: This stage actually takes place high above Mario's Toy Factory and consist of two main girder-like solid platforms with a gap between them. A passable platform lies higher up and spans the gap. Ladders connect the two lower platforms to the upper one.

MarioToyFactory.jpg

Gimmicks/Hazards: The first thing you will notice is that the stage has four variants. That is because during the main "Normal" layout, a switch can appear randomly on one of the platforms that can be activated by jumping on it or attacking it. This switch will be either red, yellow, or blue and the stage layout will change to the appropriate variant. The Red Variant features two conveyor belts to the sides of the stage that moves anything on them inward. The Blue Variant adds a moving platform on either side of the stage that goes up and down. The Yellow Variant adds one more tier to the stage with an additional platform and ladder on top of the second level. Each variant will last for a short while before returning to the normal layout. The ladders in all four variants are climbable. Also, trashcans will occasionally appear in the center of one of the two lower platforms; they can be picked up and thrown around, and deal the same amount of damage as the barrel item/container.

Unlockable?: Yes, beat Classic mode with both Mario and Donkey Kong.

Extras: Every once in a while a "Mini-Mario" event will happen; a door will appear on the far left of the bottom left platform and a toy chest will appear on the far right corner of the right platform. Seven Mini-Marios will come out of the door, march along the platform, jump the gap, then continue on to the Toy Chest. They will not interfere with players or deal any damage, but can be knocked off if hit with an attack. If all seven Minis make it to the toy chest, three presents will rain down from the sky (center of each platform), each containing an item. If items are turned off, the presents will be empty and can just be thrown around.

You will see several Nitpickers flying around the stage and settling down to perch on sections of the stage where no action is currently going on. They will not interact with the players at all, but if you start fighting near the perched Nitpickers, they will take off and start flying around again, looking for a new place to settle down.

If neither Mario or DK are in the battle, you will sometimes see them on the building tops in the background; DK will be carrying Pauline over his shoulder and throwing barrels back at Mario, who will be chasing him with a hammer.

Music Samples:
Title (Mario Vs Donkey Kong)
Mario Toy Company
Hoohoo Village
Mushroom Mayhem
Decathlon Time
Twilight City
Under The Ice

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Vibe Island: Ladida Plains
Game of Origin: Super Princess Peach

Layout:

Description: Similar to Battlefield in terms of its layout, with a middle section of raised ground instead of the upper platform. Its main area is a little smaller than that stage but it has a couple bridge like areas to make up for this (see gimmicks).

Gimmicks/Hazards: The first oddity you will notice is the presence of sectioned bridges at either side. These are platforms that will drop once stepped on and they make it impossible to grab the ledge when atleast one the inner two on a side are present.
Second is the bushes. These are foreground, not background, allowing small and/or crouching characters the ability to hide.
Third, we have the platforms themselves. They are puffy clouds, looking much like yellow equivalents of those on the original Yoshi's Story stage. They do not disappear though. Instead, they are thick platforms that you will slowly sink into at a rate depending on your fall speed but slower. Until atleast part of your character drops out the bottom, you are considered to be on solid ground for all other purposes, though crouching will cause a faster fall rate. Once you have fallen through to the point where your feet drop out, you are considered to be in the air, though your fall rate is still reduce until atleast half your character has passed through.
Finally, the most important gimmick. The main stage colour. Every 20 seconds or so, the stage colour will change, from green to yellow to red to blue and back again, with the flowers being one colour ahead most of the time and changing slightly early to give the players warning.

Colour Effects:
Green - Players will heal at a rate of 2% every second and a half.
Yellow - Players will have their fall speed reduced to 2/3 of its normal rate and get a 20% boost to aerial movement speed.
Pink - Players will deal 1.3 times their normal damage and knockback.
Blue - Players will receive a 50% boost to ground movement speed.

Visuals: The background consists of your average light blue mushroom kingdom sky and the stage is built atop a stretched out version of your standard mushroom kingdom brick. You don't see much of this, however, only the very bottom, as the rest is overgrown with grass and bushes. These start out green but shift to yellow, pink and blue (darker than the sky but not that dark still) as the match goes on. From above this watch two happy looking yellow clouds, somewhat reminiscent of Cloud 'n' Candy, though this is probably only a coincidence. We then see 3 hollow logs at either end.
Near the middle of the stage lurk two happy little tulip styled flowers, also following the stage's hue cycle but roughly 22 seconds ahead of the grass and bushes.

Overview: Simple layout and no obvious character favouring but perhaps a touch too eventful and different for your average tournament player. It would, however, be a lot of fun for those who play casually but still care about balance and fair games.

Unlockable: Yes
Finish a game after KOing characters with all four of Peach's specials.

Music:

File Select (Super Princess Peach)
Ladida Plains (Super Princess Peach)
Wavy Beach (Super Princess Peach)
Gleam Glacier (Super Princess Peach)
Boss Fight (Super Princess Peach)
Music Room (Super Princess Peach)
Toad Shot (Super Princess Peach)
Booster Hill (Super Mario RPG)
Peach's Castle (Fortune Street)
Peach' Castle (Mario Sports Mix)
Note: the style of the notes used should change to match the colours of the stage.

Last edited:

Croco

Smash Lord
Name of Stage: Luigi's Dream Zone
Game of Origin: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Description: Takes imported graphical elements from the recent Mario & Luigi game.. 'Dream Team'.
Layout is a simple smash brothers / battlefield type layout. I included a mock of what it could look like. The platforms are stable. Only thing that changes is the background which transforms into the many locations and dream areas from the game. When the transformation happens.. the special 'Luiginary Works' 'blowing wind Luigi' / 'Luiginary Whirlwind' will blow toward the screen and the platform will look like it is moving toward a different area of the dream. On a rare occasion you might encounter 'Luigi's deep sleep zone..' or 'Dream's Deep' which is neon and dark. When this happens the platforms change graphically but the positions are again still the same. I included this type area in the last image.

Dream's Deep-

Gimmicks/Hazards
: None.
Unlockable?: Yes. Play a 4 player online match with all players playing as Luigi. Or.. play as Luigi for 12 hours in any gameplay.

Extra: When the rare 'Dream's Deep' theme appears the players will have a purple/green glow around them. Luigi will have a thought bubble over his head projecting his thoughts about other characters and his brother Mario.
Music-
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Music - Main Theme
Dreams Deep

These Songs will be combined as one and change into their set themed backgrounds:
Giant Battle
Final Boss
Main Theme Remix
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story Final Boss
Remix of this very short theme - Fawful's Theme 'His Name is Fawful'

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I hereby declare that the submission period of this round is over!

On that note, I hope none of you mind waiting for my grades to be done on Friday because I have a lot of work to do before my spring break starts.

Dairz

Smash Ace
On that note, I hope none of you mind waiting for my grades to be done on Friday because I have a lot of work to do before my spring break starts.
Its totally fine! Get your work done, us participants can wait.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Originally I wanted to do Clash Tower, a Mario Clash stage (one of the few memorable Virtual Boy games). But I could not get the key concept (background and foreground segments) to work the way I wanted them to.

Anyone else run into stage concepts they have wanted to use, but had to abandon?

Top Bottom