• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Only one picture?

What if I have a few pictures and no text aside from the title if they speak for themselves?
Limit 2 pictures. sorry (thought I implied that with the "source pic or diagram" part). It adds to the challenge.

btw I still need 2 judges

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
ANY series, you say?

In that case, it's finally time to represent my favorite video game ever!

Ladies and gentlemen, let me take you to a world of creativity. A world where anything you want can come to life. Just will it into being, and it will be made. These are the types of games made at 5th Cell studios.

Ladies and Gentlemen... welcome to Twilite Wood.

Name: Twilite Wood

Game: Drawn to Life

Platform: 3DS

Description:

As always, black = solid, white = drop through. The upper yellow platform is a swing, and moves back and forth along the dotted line. It can also be dropped through. The yellow circle is a falling platform. Stand on it too long, it falls. It will come back after a bit though. Occassionally, the main platform will get covered in shadow goo. This will make it slippery. After a short while, the creator will step in and clear away the goop.

Players also have the option to draw custom graphics for the swing and falling platform.

Whew, that's it! and in less than 150, to boot! (I assume you mean that the DESCRIPTION must be 150 or less, which it is. If the ENTIRE POST must be 150 or less, then some revision will be needed).

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've got one that I can do with one picture...

Miiverse (Wii U)
Miiverse2.png
Based loosely on the Wii U background and quickly photoshopped before going to work, Miiverse appears! Miis stand on either side of the battlefield, and will occasionally create a bubble with art inside that acts as a temporary platform. The miis can be launched and KO'd for a while so those platforms will be absent at the time. No other gimmicks, fairly straight forward and boring like Miis lol

Art will pull from Miiverse recent posts if connected to internet, otherwise pulls from stock.

Unlockable? Nah
Music:
Wii U OS OST http://youtu.be/U8gmPlR2K3c

Wii Sports theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5c4KOopwL

Eshop Theme:
http://youtu.be/zTCfSqr7mzQ

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Aperture Labs

A totally square clinical white tiled stage with a robotic eyeball watching you through a monitor on the back wall. The four purple depicted corners are the only exit points to the stage but one will always be orange and another blue. These two will be wrap around with momentum carrying through instead of being fatal. Which two corners are coloured will change randomly at set intervals, perhaps with some signal on the monitor.
Unlockable: Complete 10 fights in which noone takes damage from a non-item source.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Aperture Labs

A totally square clinical white tiled stage with a robotic eyeball watching you through a monitor on the back wall. The four purple depicted corners are the only exit points to the stage but one will always be orange and another blue. These two will be wrap around with momentum carrying through instead of being fatal. Which two corners are coloured will change randomly at set intervals, perhaps with some signal on the monitor.
Unlockable: Complete 10 fights in which noone takes damage from a non-item source.
Wait... so how does one KO? the walls are all sealed, and the corners never lead out - just one leads to another.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Guys...it's downloading, IT'S HAPPENING, THE THING, IT'S HAPPENING! 3 YEARS, 3 years of fruitless Ridley teasing and getting us hyped up about Alternate Costumes that should've been added but didn't, 3 years of Melee diehards continuously ****ting on this game and Smash4 fans defending it, IT'S HAPPENING!

It's kind of a bittersweet conclusion, as the man who thinks the animal voices for DK/Bowser "Make sense" will still be able to taint the next Smash with his more-than-questionable design choices and outright shutting down the fans' biggest requests, but it's still a fun game and at least this time Sakurai's ego had something balancing it out.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Guys...it's downloading, IT'S HAPPENING, THE THING, IT'S HAPPENING! 3 YEARS, 3 years of fruitless Ridley teasing and getting us hyped up about Alternate Costumes that should've been added but didn't, 3 years of Melee diehards continuously ****ting on this game and Smash4 fans defending it, IT'S HAPPENING!

It's kind of a bittersweet conclusion, as the man who thinks the animal voices for DK/Bowser "Make sense" will still be able to taint the next Smash with his more-than-questionable design choices and outright shutting down the fans' biggest requests, but it's still a fun game and at least this time Sakurai's ego had something balancing it out.
Look man, I know you're salty about several things. I am too. But I'm still very excited about the whole thing. At least the possibility of Ridley is still very real. I lost both Ivysaur and Lucas. Am I sad about them? You bet. Will I rage about Sakurai? Certainly not. In the end, the games wouldn't exist without him. And I think he does a great job for the most part. So just go into it with an open mind.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Look man, I know you're salty about several things. I am too. But I'm still very excited about the whole thing. At least the possibility of Ridley is still very real. I lost both Ivysaur and Lucas. Am I sad about them? You bet. Will I rage about Sakurai? Certainly not. In the end, the games wouldn't exist without him. And I think he does a great job for the most part. So just go into it with an open mind.
Perhaps if he didn't screw certain things up so badly I would be more accepting of the good things he does...I'm still gonna have a blast, though! Would absolutely love to play with some of you guys once I practice a little bit, although I know I won't be touching Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman or Villager anytime soon.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Perhaps if he didn't screw certain things up so badly I would be more accepting of the good things he does...I'm still gonna have a blast, though! Would absolutely love to play with some of you guys once I practice a little bit, although I know I won't be touching Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman or Villager anytime soon.
That last part I completely understand. Though the demo showed me that I actually kinda like Link in this game

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wait... so how does one KO? the walls are all sealed, and the corners never lead out - just one leads to another.
I specifically said only two corners were ever connected at a time. The other two are KO points.

Though the demo showed me that I actually kinda like Link in this game
Likewise. He's no Kirby but his arsenal leeds to a fairly tactical playstyle I rather enjoy.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Another new Yoshi's Story? We've had 3 already, isn't it time the game got a less general stage?
I'm claiming fake on that basis but, since they already reused "Dreamland" for a stage that wasn't Dreamland, I guess it's possible.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Another new Yoshi's Story? We've had 3 already, isn't it time the game got a less general stage?
I'm claiming fake on that basis but, since they already reused "Dreamland" for a stage that wasn't Dreamland, I guess it's possible.
There's only been one Yoshi's Story stage, the others have been "Yoshi's Island" which is a different game.
But yeah, there have been three whole stages with the title of Yoshi's Island. I hadn't even realized that the Melee one was called that, since I associate that one way more with Mario World than Yoshi's Island...

Though they're really missing an opportunity for a Wooly World stage for sure...

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Melee alone had "Past Stage: Yoshi's Story" and "Yoshi's Story: Yoshi's Island", the latter of which being the island location from the story game.

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong on Brawl's but the blob creatures are very Story style. My point still stands that we've had two Yoshi's Story stages that were near identical and a third generic Yoshi stage that represents the same basic place, give island some love, bring back an old stage or make something based off of an actual level.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Melee alone had "Past Stage: Yoshi's Story" and "Yoshi's Story: Yoshi's Island", the latter of which being the island location from the story game.

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong on Brawl's but the blob creatures are very Story style. My point still stands that we've had two Yoshi's Story stages that were near identical and a third generic Yoshi stage that represents the same basic place, give island some love, bring back an old stage or make something based off of an actual level.
I will take that cue since I'm not sure when the next round will begin/if we'd ever have a Yoshi round anyway!

Dear Sakurai- Please do this.

Watch Out Below!
This stage is based off of one of the earliest levels in Yoshi's Island for SNES, called Watch Out Below! In this level, Yoshi & Baby Mario must traverse through the stage with... something sinister lurking for them.

See the chain chomps chilling out in the background? Keep an eye on them, or else...

Yikes!
The Chain Chomps will jump from the background and fly toward you! They're not an insta-kill at regular percents but you still definitely want to avoid getting hit. They also strike at multiple places.

But where do they go? Do they just bounce off-stage or..?

Oh.
Well great. Now there's a hole in the stage that you can fall through! It would suck to be spiked down there for a KO!

After a small amount of time, a familiar Mole-Tank will come make some repairs.

Convenient.
The Yoshi-Mole-Tank will launch you upward if it hits you while it's repairing the hole, so don't think you're in the clear if it shows up while you're falling, but it probably won't KO you unless you're at a really high percent. Oh, and look- The Chain Chomp is back in the background again, ready for another go.

The Chomps will, well, Chomp at the ground in three different places. Where it jumps from in the background is a clue for where.

The blast zones are a little closer than most, but not properly conveyed in these pictures. It's not close enough to essentially be walk-off level of throwing ease. But don't get launched near the side!

Unlockable? Sure. Beat Classic as Yoshi.

Music:
Athletic Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlUeW7IOSFc

Overworld Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-jva3PUKZw
Underground Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOrFykW5ew
Love is in the Air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTytrwYDdk

Sorry, just randomly did the thing. I NEED A NEW ROUND! I'm restless. And this was the perfect time since I wasn't really anticipating a Yoshi round. But I do have a backup stage as well just in case.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And why not have another?

Cosmic Wall
Game(s) of Origin: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Stage Layout:

Description: Not so much based off of the level itself as the battle mode representation of it, this incarnation of Cosmic Wall has been simplified down to its core. It consists of two platforms, with slight walls to the edges of the bottom one and the top one pass-throughable in both directions. Both have grabbable ledges.
Above and to the sides of the upper platform reside two balloons. In Sonic these would break on contact to give items but here they act as obstacles, bouncing players off at a relatively low set speed and getting in the way of KOs.

So, that's all well and good but why is everything so far apart? Because gravity is weird here. All upwards momentum is multiplied by 1.5 while characters' fall speeds are only 2 thirds of their normal amounts.

Unlockable: Spend over a minute in the air as Sonic.

Music:

to be added

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Forest Haven:
Game of Origin: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Layout:

Description: Forest Haven, what a nice and beautiful area. Your two main platforms are lily pads. They will randomly raise and lower. In a similar fashion to Fountain of Dreams. Makar might even fly by at some points through out the fight. Some Chu-Chus will also appear. Whenever one is defeated it will drop Chu Jelly. Green heals 5%. Red heals 7%. Then Blue will give you some resistance to attacks.

Unlock Conditions: Star KO 50 opponents.

Music:

Bramble Blast:
Game of Origin: Donkey Kong Country 2
Layout:

Description: Bramble Blast is usually known for it's wonderful music, and those painful thorns! You could also find some Barrel Cannons, and this stage consists of just that! You have your main wooden plank as the platform. It is fall through though! You have your thorns at the top, so no reason trying to star ko. So your only main option is to meteor smash your opponents or knock them out the sides, but if your opponent is lucky they may land into the Barrel Cannon to get a second chance. The Barrel is strong enough to launch you at the thorns though! So a small price to pay for another chance.

Unlock Conditions: Win 10 Smash rounds with Link/Toon Link.

Music:

Rhythm Heaven (Ringside Interview):
Game of Origin: Rhythm Heaven Fever
Layout:

Description: You are Smash so much you end up in the middle of an interview. Hope you don't go to overboard for the fans. At random times fans will scream "Pose for the fans!" That is your time to taunt for an extra boost like Wario Ware Inc. But sometimes the interview will ask the Wrestler to pose for her and if you are too close to the Wrestler you will get the random effect of being stunned for damaged.

Unlock Conditions: Put 15 foes to sleep with Jigglypuff.

Music:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
It's ok, I fixed it.

Guys, take all of your random stages and put them here instead!

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Once upon a time, Smash Bros for 3DS came out.

And then the Stage Contest died.

The End.

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083

Stage: Remix
Game: Rhythm Heaven Seires
Unlock: Unlock Chorus Kids
Platforms:

Songs:
Remix 1 (Fever)