• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Patch 1.1.6 Incoming!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

Comments

Corrin doesn't really struggle to get a stock like say sheik, he/she (to be safe) have many kill moves such as IP DL (kick or tipper), U-air, B-air, Tipped smash attacks and DFS w/bite or a tippered move when paralyzing at high %s.

I'd like Corrin's speed back to normal or buffed but they're fine in the current metagame if no changes happen tbh.
I believe that Corrin's speed was nerfed b/c of the setups that he/she could pull off of the Dragon Fang shot, such as finishing with Uair afterwards for the kill. Or at least that's what I assume.
Personally I think Corrin is just fine the way he/she is and he/she is pretty well balanced for a Sword Wielding character. Tho I would think that the Fsmash is somewhat ridiculous.

You do need to remember that newer updates contain all the contents that are in the older updates, so it's to be expected if the file size of the next update is larger.
Yeah, but not usually 300MB+. Even the Wii U version didn't break 100MB, so it has to be a really big change to something.

Can someone please explain to me why everyone's crying for Bayonetta Nerfs? She's perfectly fine to me (Don't get me wrong, I don't use Bayonetta) But in my case, I don't really see much of Bayonetta in For Glory or For Fun. Mostly I end up fighting swordies such as Marth, Lucina, mid to high tier characters and the occasional Link, Villager, Pac Man, Ganon, and meme extraordinaire, Captain Falcon. In fact the character that I most come in contact with is Cloud, but other than him its parity.

Last edited:
I don't care what happens as long as Bayonetta isn't competitively ruined (aka as long as she is still better than Sheik).

:)

Can someone please explain to me why everyone's crying for Bayonetta Nerfs? She's perfectly fine to me (Don't get me wrong, I don't use Bayonetta) But in my case, I don't really see much of Bayonetta in For Glory or For Fun. Mostly I end up fighting swordies such as Marth, Lucina, the occasional captain falcon, but most of it is just parity.
I agree completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging from what's been data mined from Nintendo's servers Bayo got a truckload of nerfs and no other character was even touched.

Judging from what's been data mined from Nintendo's servers Bayo got a truckload of nerfs and no other character was even touched.
Rest in rip. I guess you could say 1.1.6 will spoil Bayo's Mayo. Still crossing fingers for a few small Bowser buffs just because I can - he's pretty much fine as is but a few changes would make him much better

I don't know how
I would prefer her recovery to have less knockback than less vertical reach since it's partially the reason why her death combo tend to send her opponents towards the top of the screen regardless of DI.
And I think that her Fair 1 should either have a slight increase in knockback as well as increasing its launch trajectory in which she launches her opponents so she won't act as if she's post patch Shiek with her Fair death string.

I personally agree that Bayonetta should be nerfed, but that it should be done in a way that doesn't end up making her trash

In my opinion, I think that Zelda, Link, and Gannon should be the ones recieving these aerial buffs. Like a majority of the characters in which you've mentioned for these buffs already perform solidly in the air.
much this would impact each person, but it sounds like it would balance a bit. As for my main DK, if everyone's speed is increased, I need his end lag reduced on his move set. Otherwise everyone's speed will make it even more difficult to deal with. I know the speed increase will help dealing against shiek type of characters but I can't have my main decimated at the same time. But I agree with you overall.

Someone on another forum posted a list of all of bayo's nerfs.

Can someone say OUCH.

So much for "don't mess with a witch".

Edit:Sense the image blends perfectly with this background, this is probally where they got it from.

I feel like a total idiot right now.

Last edited:
If Cloud gets OP recovery, then Little Mac has too as well
I wasn't asking for it to be like a consistent limit recovery at all times. I'm just more or less looking for a 3-5% boost in height, and maybe a little bit of horizontal movement on the way up. Nothing too crazy.

Can someone please explain to me why everyone's crying for Bayonetta Nerfs? She's perfectly fine to me (Don't get me wrong, I don't use Bayonetta) But in my case, I don't really see much of Bayonetta in For Glory or For Fun. Mostly I end up fighting swordies such as Marth, Lucina, mid to high tier characters and the occasional Link, Villager, Pac Man, Ganon, and meme extraordinaire, Captain Falcon. In fact the character that I most come in contact with is Cloud, but other than him its parity.
bunch of ezsauce 0-death combos(least easy compared to anything else anyone else has), stupidly op'd counter that almost always guarantees her either massive damage on an opponent, or even a kill, all moves can combo into each other almost flawlessly and allow her to rack up a solid 40-50+% damage if not more, and again, possibly lead into a 0-death, and while she does have some weaknesses such as some mediocre lag/speed on on some moves(not bad, mediocre, some people try to act like her lag on some moves is bad, and it's not, you want to see bad lag on moves? look at poor ganondorf), none of em are big enough to balance out all her huge advantages.

of course you won't find many in for glory and especially for fun, because there are characters who are "easier" to use, but after just some slight training with bayonetta's 0-death setups, the bayo player can be frustratingly hard to deal with for even a fairly skilled person, all due to the fact that one screwup can set them up into a 0-death.

Im just hoping that ZsS doesnt get any more nerfs, she is not as dominant as before v.v

What i wanna see are game changing buffs to low and mid tiers
(wario pls)

but judginb by its size there wont be many nerfs/buffs i would say...maybe just some bayonetta nerfs
R.I.P.

Can someone say OUCH.

Edit:Sense the image blends perfectly with this background, this is probally where they got it from.

Is this legitimately the actual changes that going to be made in the 1.1.6 patch update? Has it finally been out already? Where is the forum that you've got this image from?

I don't care what happens as long as Bayonetta isn't competitively ruined (aka as long as she is still better than Sheik).

:)

I agree completely.
That's going to be hard to balance Bayonetta and make sure that she's still better than Sheik considering that Sheik is one of the best characters in the game. Like Sheik still has good speed and frame data for getting in damage quickly despite the nerfs that she was given in the current 1.1.5 patch.

Last edited:

Can someone say OUCH.

Anything on ZsS...please tell me that they didnt nerfed her again

Im just hoping that ZsS doesnt get any more nerfs, she is not as dominant as before v.v

What i wanna see are game changing buffs to low and mid tiers
(wario pls)

but judginb by its size there wont be many nerfs/buffs i would say...maybe just some bayonetta nerfs
R.I.P.
I agree, patch update changes should now be focusing on buffing Low Tier characters to the point where they're finally able to rival against the Higher Tier characters.

Is this legitimately the actual changes that going to be made in the 1.1.6 patch update? Has it finally been out already? Where is the forum that you've got this image from?
I don't think it is out, but it was datamined from the servers. The forum is serenes forest (mainly a fire emblem fansite, but there is a smash bros section).
Anything on ZsS...please tell me that they didnt nerfed her again
As far as we know, Bayo's the only character that has been touched (and she's been touched alot).

Last edited:
I don't think it is out, butnit was datamined from the servers. The forum is serenes forest (mainly a fire emblem fansite, but there is a smash bros section).

As far as we know, Bayo's the only that has been touched.
I hope so...my ZsS is not as broken as before and nobody is complaining about her x.x

Maybe it has nothing to do with competitive gameplay, but...

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD CLASSIC BOARD THE PLATFORMS! I SEE NO PUZZLES HERE!

It's been explained a few times now. The Wii U is capable of needing to download only the files that are adjusted.

Every time the 3DS version gets patched, they have to download ALL the extra DLC data, even if most of it hasn't been touched.

I think it's pretty obvious that we are getting some nerfs for :4bayonetta: just for people to stop complaining about how broken she is.

On the other hand, i would like to see some buffs for :4ganondorf: & :4wario2:

We are probably getting this new patch next week.
But the people complaining she's broken are the memehoard like Pazzo. Pazzo. and @Wizzkidwas, some of them joke (or actually believe) we're getting a new character or something. They're the purposefully dumb majority, they'll never stop complaining. They even think Sakurai has something to do with the balance patches. Lol

I mean, as we actually know, Bayo has been proven to not be broken in recent tournament settings. But will that affect the memehoard? lol no.

That said, here's hoping for a couple Bayo nerfs like I predicted earlier. I mostly want her recovery and Witch Time slightly hit with the hammer.

I agree with the rest of your post. Would be nice.

It's okay. All the high tier mains seem mostly incapable of understanding how substantial the differences to the lower end was and just see the adjustments at the high end as either "petty" or "crippling". After all, if you've never played a character that's ACTUALLY ruined by 2% of damage or something seemingly minor, you really can't gauge the difference when your character is still powerful with or without it.

...Either that or you're a Jigglypuff or OIimar main. They legitimately have reason to complain.
I'm sorry, as an Olimar main, what? I don't get this at all. Can you please explain how Oli has any relation to Jiggs?
Oli could lose 2% here or there and still be mid-tier at least (considering he's high-mid right now in most tier lists including the official BR one). I mean, great recovery, great damage-racking ability, reliable kill options, amazing range and outstanding grabs, compared to.. uh.. the puff. I don't see a comparison? I must be missing your entire point, my bad, sorry. ^_^;

I'm sorry, as an Olimar main, what? I don't get this at all. Can you please explain how Oli has any relation to Jiggs?
Oli could lose 2% here or there and still be mid-tier at least (considering he's high-mid right now in most tier lists including the official BR one). I mean, great recovery, great damage-racking ability, reliable kill options, amazing range and outstanding grabs, compared to.. uh.. the puff. I don't see a comparison? I must be missing your entire point, my bad, sorry. ^_^;
Olimar and Jigglypuff were almost entirely untouched by balance patches. Also, I'm not sure where you're getting that Olimar's considered high mid. He's the top of the E tier for BR. That's considered the top of the bottom of mid tier.

Point is. They're the only two characters below the middle of the power curve that basically haven't been touched at all except for incredibly minor bug tweaks. That's what I meant.

Point is. They're the only two characters below the middle of the power curve that basically haven't been touched at all except for incredibly minor bug tweaks. That's what I meant.
Oh, yeah, makes sense. I think Oli is pretty balanced, though, can't see many changes being made. Want puff buffs for sure.
As for the tier list, oh, I was sure they'd put him a little higher. Weird, he's definitely bottom of high-mid imo. All those letters are confusing if you haven't seen them in a while, should've simplified it more. Regardless, tier lists being slightly inaccurate isn't a big issue, it doesn't actually affect the game itself.

I would be really happy to see these buffs and changes made to :4link: in which I believe should be made to make him a better character in SSB4:
(Note that I may update this list if something comes to my mind)

-Rework his Usmash, reduce the time in between each hit of his Usmash to make the Usmash sequence faster in general. Also make the 1st and 2nd hit of the Usmash drag the opponent closer to him before launching them on the final hit as well as giving it less Endlag in general.

Absolutely. His Usmash is far too slow, at times catching some characters when it shouldn't. Unsure of reduced endlag.

-Less Endlag on his 3rd Jab. As well as a less Endlag on his 2nd Jab too. I see how dumb it is for him to be easily punished after his opponent shields his entire his Jab sequence.

Uh, disagree. You can predict someone shielding and just grab after connecting Jab 2 and skip Jab 3. But less endlag on Jab 2 would be nice to make this even easier.

-Grounded hitbox on his Dair.

Agreed, make Dair actually useful when it doesn't spike.

-Dair's lingering hitboxes will be further extended to cover the bottom sides of Link's body so that it'll no longer get stufffed out by certain Uair attacks by some characters.

Disagree. Link should be punished if he uses his Dair recklessly. The aerial hitboxes are fine.

-Zair come out and travels faster. To the point where it's around the same speed as Samus' Zair.

Agreed.

-Grab travels out faster as well as having its Startup and Endlag reduced. B/c it currently gets beat out by a regular grab startup sometimes which is just dumb.

Disagree on faster due to range, reduced lag overall would be great though.

-Reduce Endlag on Dthrow as well as other adjustments to help make it more of a combo throw for Link to perform actual true combos with.

A fair buff.

-Make his Dash Attack a more viable use for approaching like all Dash Attacks SHOULD be. Either give it an extra Hitbox on the initial startup so that it'll act as a 2-hit combo, or give it some armor or invincibility so that it won't get beat out by something as stupid as a simple Jab from the opponent.

Agreed with an initial start-up hitbox. But his dash attack is used for setups, like from Nair trip into KO. It isn't meant to be a normal dash attack in the first place.

-Reduce landing lag on all his aerials and reduced landing lag in general.

-Reduced Jumpsquat.

-Jump height increase.

All agreed.

-Increased Movement speed and Air Mobility. So he can have a better time comboing with his aerials

Only a small increase in the air, though.

Agreed on all spin-attack changes.

-Less Startup on his Boomerang. Especially since it currently takes more than a second to come out, giving the opponent more than enough time to react and shield it.

-Rework the Windbox on the Boomerang on its return. Add some Hitboxes to the Boomerang when it returns so that the opponent won't use the Windbox against Link which defeats its purpose for it to even having a Windbox. Make it in a way that's similar to the Hitboxes on Megaman's Uair, where each Hitbox will do minimum damage to the opponent but will be able to flinch them to interrupt any sort of attack they might prepare such as a Smash Attack.
Or perhaps make it similar to the tornadoes on the Hyrule Castle 64 stage, make it so that the opponent in in a tumbling motion but cannot perform any attack out of it.

Disagree, the boomerang should be used by you, not your opponent. You should be predicting whether or not they can use the boomerang against you if you send it out in the first place. I mean, most of the time they can't. If you mean those silly "ride the boomerang to smash attack Link", lol that shouldn't be a thing unless you can't react.

No Link main should ever fall for that easily readable tactic. There are very specific scenarios though where it can be tricky.

-No longer needs to stop and catch the Boomerang during its return while he's moving so that he can have a better time comboing with it.

Yes. This for sure.

-Able to Auto-Cancel the Hero Bow. Like how Bayonetta is able to cancel out her own NeutralB just by using shield.

Sure, but make it only able to auto cancel if started in the air.

-Slightly less startup while he's pulling out his bombs.

Yes.

-Bomb's blast radius increased.

As long as it doesn't interfere with all of his bomb setups.
I would appreciate it if these changes were made to {Zelda}:
-Increased duration of her sweetspot aerials and perhaps a little bit larger to make it easier to hit the sweetspot. But perhaps also slightly reduce their killing power to keep things balanced.

Disagree, they're not hard to hit with as it is. Reducing kill power would remove her best kill options, effectively nerfing the character even more.

-Add some invincibility frames to her Naryu's Love (NeutralB) since it's absolutely stupid to see her get grabbed or stuffed out of that move.

Nayru's Love is pretty good on invincibility right now. Less lag would be better.

I agree with everything else.

Last edited:
D
Mewtwo is already viable on his own already with both his mobility and killing power. I would even consider him to be a more powerful version of Sheik based off of how fast he moves and that he doesn't have any trouble when it comes to killing his opponents.
Like I honestly don't see a need for this character to have an infinite combo reset setup that'll allow him be able to rack up damage quickly get an early kill off of his opponent with the amount of killing power in which he has already.
But the technique is nigh-impossible to pull off anyways. People are always complaining that Smash 4 has no advanced techniques, but the moment anyone gets one--"oh, patch it out!". Make up your minds already. That would be like asking for Melee Waveshines to be removed, even though only people with exorbitant amounts of dexterity can actually pull it off.

VPTurnip VPTurnip

Not exactly sure why I fit into a "memehoard"... :laugh:

Maybe it's because I said "Sakurai's Wild Ride"? Because if so, you're misinterpretation of my post goes beyond malicious, pal.

Oh, yeah, makes sense. I think Oli is pretty balanced, though, can't see many changes being made. Want puff buffs for sure.
As for the tier list, oh, I was sure they'd put him a little higher. Weird, he's definitely bottom of high-mid imo. All those letters are confusing if you haven't seen them in a while, should've simplified it more. Regardless, tier lists being slightly inaccurate isn't a big issue, it doesn't actually affect the game itself.
I want to clarify that the changes that I've mentioned for both Link and Zelda are all based on fact and my personal opinion. I personally hope to see these two characters as well as lower tier characters in general rise up to finially be able to have a fair match against the higher tier characters.
Btw, I do appreciate the fact that you've quoted and shared to me your thoughts about what you think about my ideas on what changes should be made. You do seem to have a good perspective on how things should be balance in a rational way just like I do.

Last edited:
Pazzo. Pazzo.
No more malicious than further degrading the community with old memes. To be clearer: no malicious intent meant. No hard feelings if I mixed you up with someone who uses meme phrases, most people who use that line tend to be one. :054:

JohnKnight416 JohnKnight416

I enjoyed reading your opinions. Sadly I doubt almost any of them will ever happen. Oh well, we can dream.

Last edited:
One of my friends told me earlier today that so far data miners have only been able to find Bayo nerfs. I don't know if this is true or if it was true and they found more then just Bayo nerfs, but if it is true than I'm pretty happy about it. I hope there are more than just Bayo nerfs though. (Please just give Marth the buffs he needs to be a high tier!)

One of my friends told me earlier today that so far data miners have only been able to find Bayo nerfs. I don't know if this is true or if it was true and they found more then just Bayo nerfs, but if it is true than I'm pretty happy about it. I hope there are more than just Bayo nerfs though. (Please just give Marth the buffs he needs to be a high tier!)
It's not that the Bayo nerfs were all that was found, it's all that was there. Along with some minor changes to banned stages.

There's a chance the whole patch wasn't uploaded, like what happened with Cloud's patch, but with how specific what we found is I'm doubtful. I'm also doubtful that Marth would get buffed into high tier...

Top Bottom