• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Patch 1.1.6 Incoming!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

Comments

Please buff Shulk, Sakurai! I want a legit buff. Not another 0.5% added to his attacks or another 2 frame landing lag reduction (when Shulk already lies in the better half of the cast when it comes to landing lag), a legit buff. Improve his horrid frame data (if Cloud can have as good of frame data as he does, there is no reason Shulk's can't be improved to at least an Ike level), give us legit autocancels, make his arts stronger. I really don't care what you do to him as long as it makes him viable in competitive play. He doesn't have to be the next Mewtwo. Making him a viable, competitive pick is my only wish.

Last edited:
Predictions:
- Mewtwo buffs
- Bayonetta nerfs
- No changes to Jigglypuff
- Relatively pointless power buffs to lower tiers
All i can remember is Ronnie commentating that they'd buff warlock punch by 0.5% lmao. Relatively pointless power buffs to lower tiers to the rescue.

What I want? Buff Dedede because perfection is a flaw.
Don't do ANYTHING to Rosaluma...except make her swap grabs with Wii Fit Trainer. Her grab sucks, and they need to be annoying.
Buff Sheik. Give her attacks some extra shield damage, her abilities to kill are too limited.
Give Yoshi's Dair some extra shield damage and awake the dragon within him.
Custom moves for DLC characters.
And enforce a policy so that Omega Stages aren't grouped with FD so Little Mac can always counterpick there. (...no not really)
Double the Monado Arts time for Shulk.
But most importantly...
BUFF JIGGLYPUFF, SHE ISN'T A JOKE TO US!!

Well this should be fun. Especially since im going to try to diff MSC scripts this time around too. I had a feeling there was another patch coming soon.. i'll have to migrate my ida database...again

Okay, were we told that 1.1.4 was the "final patch", or did we all just assume that was the case because Bayonetta and Corrin??

Last edited:
200.00 dollars for melee just one game! to much money
never too much money for melee
then again u could always emulate...

My list for changes:
1. Falco buffs
2. Falco buffs
3. Falco buffs
4. Falco buffs
5. Falco buffs
6. Falco buffs
7. Falco buffs
8. Bayo nerfs
9. Zard buffs
10. hitstun multiplied by 1.5 :]
i agree with everything but 10. we dont want ssb64 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone wondering why the 3DS patch is so much larger than the Wii U patch:

The Wii U patch is actually 3.1GB (this is mentioned on the page linked above), but the Wii U is capable of patching from a previous patch, and it's only 61MB to patch from 1.1.5. The 3DS patch is 325MB but has the entirety of the patch included regardless of which patch version you have already.

Last edited:
Here we go again.

Mr. Sakurai's wild ride never ends.
He said that he was going on vacation and the dev team is breaking up. Changing his mind as always.

If the 3DS patch is that huge, could the 3DS get something formerly Wii U exclusive?

Or does this mean that we will finally get 3DS/WiiU crossplay?
Or ice climbers. I can dream, can't I?

tfw people want their stupid mid-tier/high-tier main buffed while jiggs, dedede, zelda and ganon live in a pit of despair.

Well. I am brand spankin' new here, finally making an account because after seeing the patch 'notification plans' I instantly checked this place.

I don't really like seeing characters get nerfed, but definitely some characters could use buffs maybe in startup frames and aerial hit boxes. I like playing characters like Zelda sometimes (yes, I know...) and even after the last patch the things that bother me remain like I just do not understand why the hb on dair is so ... Nonsensical. But that's just one thing I can think of.
The others thing is there's a weird glitch that happens with link's up b if you are too close to a ledge (he does it twice in rapid succession, then plummets.) The move itself sort of just needs to be fixed I feel like just because of how different the animation is from where it apparently makes contact and when (I.e. I have seen many a time you can stand within the blades if you perfect shield the first hit, but then you can stand there? Why?)
It would be nice to see Kirby and jiggles get some buffs.
Yeah.

Or ice climbers. I can dream, can't I?
It's a bit of a pipe dream IMO, but it'll always be such a c*cktease for any updates left to come since Sakurai had stated something before the last Smash Direct along the lines of "we just worked out something on 3DS that we haven't been able to figure out up to this point".

D
I personally want to see more Zelda and Samus buffs. Palutena could use some love too.

I hope they're done nerfing Sheik and ZSS because they're both fine atm. In fact, apart from Bayonetta, I don't think any more nerfs are necessary.

I'm not a Samus main and that I don't really play her. So I don't exactly know the full detail about her. Like Dtilt may not exactly come out at frame 1, but it sure comes out pretty fast based off of my experiences from going up against her.
dont overextend and say something's frame 1 then, if all you know is that its fast, say that its fast.

Ok Wario seriously needs a buff. All 3 Wario smash attacks are slow and have no range.. And if you miss, your punished very easy. They shouldn't have gotten rid of his amazing brawl foward smash. His only reliable kill move is waft, and maybe foward tilt. Thoughts? Think he will get a buff this time?

Will this patch remove animea?
All I really want are nerfs to Bayo's carry up combo, just to make it easier to get out of and make Ganon better than Falcon because it's apparent it is too much to ask for a declone.
We also need PuffBuffs.

Attachments

Since it's evident Bayo will and has to be nerfed, I wonder how they will do it.
Since she is meant as a combo heavy character, they should keep her crazy combo potential intact. While still getting rid of the zero to death combo's and the insane damage reward she gets for those combo's.

I think the best way to realize this is to greatly reduce kb and kbg on all her aerials (perhaps fair1 and fair2 as the only exceptions to prevent making it combo even better).
As well as greatly reduce the damage output of her side B and up B and slightly reduce the damage output on her aerials.

They could also reduce the distance up B travels to make it harder for Bayo to reach the upper blastzone and to nerf her recovery a bit.

Either way I'm excited.

I'm not expecting many characters to change, in part because I think this patch might just be cracking down on mods.

However, the only Rosalina changes (my main and I haven't played in a while so memory on other characters is fuzzy) I would want are:

-Fix her grabs, they're still jank
-Give the windbox on Catch & Release more power and maybe some more range (it's a custom move so buffing this does not effect competitive play or For Glory Warriors, don't wanna hear any complainin')
-Some general hitbox clean up, mainly on Rosalina and Lumas rapid jabs

Though to be honest, I kinda gave up on Smash so it doesn't matter much at this point. She could be nerfed like crazy and it wouldn't have much bearing on me (though I'd still think that would be really dumb).

I also think they may wanna do something about that anti-Cloud tech that was discovered recently, but it might just be a fitting slap on the wrist that he needs, and having it means there's no real reason to cry for him to be nerfed.
Um Rosalina is cheap enough. If anything, she's getting a major nerf

Wario needs a buff. Give him the brawl foward smash and he's fixed and high tier. Not top. But high

For some changes to consider...

Buffs
  • :4luigi:: Air speed increased.
  • :4peach:: Run speed increased to 1.45, air speed increased.
  • :rosalina:: Air speed increased.
  • :4zelda:: Air speed increased to 1.08.
  • :4kirby:: Air speed increased.
  • :4dedede:: Air speed increased to 0.7.
  • :4falco:: Run speed increased, d-air startup lag reduced.
  • :4jigglypuff:: Air speed increased to 1.35.
  • :4falcon:: Air speed increased to 1.18.
  • :4drmario:: Walk speed increased to 0.957, run speed increased to 1.392, air speed increased to 1.0005, air acceleration increased to 0.0609.
  • :4corrin:: Speed attributes revert back to 1.1.4 values, air speed increased.

Nerfs
  • :4sheik:: Air speed decreased.
  • :4metaknight:: Air speed decreased.
  • :4bayonetta:: Weight decreased to 77.

Other changes
  • :4samus:: Falling speed decreased to 1.25.
  • :4duckhunt:: Falling speed decreased to 1.55.
  • :4metaknight:: Falling speed decreased to 1.56.
  • :4lucario:: Falling speed decreased to 1.56.

I'd really like it if Shulk got a rework on his Monado arts that gives him some characteristics from Xenoblade instead of just stat changes. Like giving each monado art a special characteristic like Shield and Jump Monado has. Shield Monado gives a stronger shield and in Jump Monado Air Slash's height is increases, and these two things don't decrease in other arts. Speed should give Shulk faster attack speed (Less endlag or start-up), and buster could have extended range in exchange for dealing lesser damage than it currently does. Idk about Smash.

EDIT: For Smash monado back slash and air slash could deal a little extra knockback being special moves for a special characteristic. (I haven't played Xenoblade yet I've only read about it)

Last edited:
Since it's evident Bayo will and has to be nerfed, I wonder how they will do it.
Since she is meant as a combo heavy character, they should keep her crazy combo potential intact. While still getting rid of the zero to death combo's and the insane damage reward she gets for those combo's.

I think the best way to realize this is to greatly reduce kb and kbg on all her aerials (perhaps fair1 and fair2 as the only exceptions to prevent making it combo even better).
As well as greatly reduce the damage output of her side B and up B and slightly reduce the damage output on her aerials.

They could also reduce the distance up B travels to make it harder for Bayo to reach the upper blastzone and to nerf her recovery a bit.

Either way I'm excited.
I would prefer her recovery to have less knockback than less vertical reach since it's partially the reason why her death combo tend to send her opponents towards the top of the screen regardless of DI.
And I think that her Fair 1 should either have a slight increase in knockback as well as increasing its launch trajectory in which she launches her opponents so she won't act as if she's post patch Shiek with her Fair death string.

I personally agree that Bayonetta should be nerfed, but that it should be done in a way that doesn't end up making her trash

For some changes to consider...

Buffs
  • :4luigi:: Air speed increased.
  • :4peach:: Run speed increased to 1.45, air speed increased.
  • :rosalina:: Air speed increased.
  • :4zelda:: Air speed increased to 1.08.
  • :4kirby:: Air speed increased.
  • :4dedede:: Air speed increased to 0.7.
  • :4falco:: Run speed increased, d-air startup lag reduced.
  • :4jigglypuff:: Air speed increased to 1.35.
  • :4falcon:: Air speed increased to 1.18.
  • :4drmario:: Walk speed increased to 0.957, run speed increased to 1.392, air speed increased to 1.0005, air acceleration increased to 0.0609.
  • :4corrin:: Speed attributes revert back to 1.1.4 values, air speed increased.

Nerfs
  • :4sheik:: Air speed decreased.
  • :4metaknight:: Air speed decreased.
  • :4bayonetta:: Weight decreased to 77.

Other changes
  • :4samus:: Falling speed decreased to 1.25.
  • :4duckhunt:: Falling speed decreased to 1.55.
  • :4metaknight:: Falling speed decreased to 1.56.
  • :4lucario:: Falling speed decreased to 1.56.
In my opinion, I think that Zelda, Link, and Gannon should be the ones recieving these aerial buffs. Like a majority of the characters in which you've mentioned for these buffs already perform solidly in the air.

How to fix Bayonetta:
  • Less hitstun on some moves would turn some of her combos to mixups rather than...combos.
This wouldn't change her as a combo heavy character and 12 years olds wouldn't be able to win evo.

There's more things that could be done but that'll have to be said in a YouTube video
I'm new to Smash boards so can someone tell me if what I said is ok or do I have to put a meme in there or something lol

Top Bottom