• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

village-idiot

Smash Rookie
Before I explain. If you do not want to be dissapointed on the launch day, if you do not want to understand the horrible truth, then I suggest you click back, because this will shock you.

First, a little about myself. I am a huge fan of smash bros, ever since me and my friends played a 4player match in SSB64, we were hooked. I bought Melee on launch day, played it with my friends to the death to it all. We can never get tired of it. I have been to a few tournaments, suffice to say I'm no competitive player, but a player who likes to explore and experiment with the game mechanics with his friends. I have gotten to the point where I can adapt to any item/stage layout in the game. And when brawl was announced I had set a life goal to check the smash bro dojo every night, I have tailored my schedule to see fit that I am to be right on time for the new updates.

My uncle works for Nintendo of America and is in the team who is responsible for translating and marketing of SSBB in North America. Of course you may expect proof, some sort of bogus prediction list, etc. However my uncle would not spoil the next update, nor would he spoil the entire character roster. I liked it that way. I would always get exited talking to him and even hitting him up for a smash or two. Me and my uncle are very close. But I am not here to convince you that I have relations to the Brawl project.

One day after the Diddy Kong update I had called my Uncle to chat with him about how interesting it was. Because I had loved playing DKC back in my SNES days. My uncle however was abit strange, "There's something I have to tell you." Those words are still glued to my mind as I type this.

After a long talk and few questions. It became clear, Brawl does not exist, it is a hoax, a ploy to trick many of you people. After the release of Melee, the developers had noticed that their game was treated as some sort of competive sport of some sort. They were astonished, they made Melee to be a fun party fighting game, mayhem and fun were the essence of melee. Not some game where using glitches in stages like final destination with no items on.

The developers were right in my oppinion. This game isn't KoF, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, it's Super Smash Bros. However, I thought this was too ignorant. People can play the game in thier own way and however they want. But my uncle had simply sighed and said the developers were tired of being hassled by tourney players to keep wave dashing, to BASICALLY have the same game, just better visuals and perhaps different characters.

Sakurai and his team were tired of this. They decided to change brawl completly. However, Sakurai had a better idea. He would simply design an engine with wii graphics tacked on, design some character models and stages, take screenshots, without bothering to design the actual gameplay. They would delay it right before the release date and keep delaying til the point it would be cancelled. This would harm some of the casual players or non competitive players such as my self. But to Sakurai it was worth it.

Skimming through all of these topics had saddened me knowing these were all false hopes and dreams. I even spotted a topic of people DREAMING about playing brawl one day. I couldn't take it anymore, I must give you all the truth.

I know many you may not believe me, but I could not believe it myself until later on the day. Sure, call me a troll or liar, say my uncle is screwing with me, but from the depths of my heart, everything that I have written here is the cold hard truth. Super Smash Bros Brawl, does not exist. It is a hoax, Sakurai is avenging to what many tourney players have done to melee. He is tired of people expecting rehashed sequels, and some game sport that relies on bugs and glitches for tactics.

Super Smash Bros Brawl does not exist.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I hope this is just a poor attempt at humor. At times like this I wish I was an official brawl room mod so I could just lock this thread.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
wow....I stopped believing you when you said does not exist...

village-idiot

Smash Rookie
I hope this is just a poor attempt at humor. At times like this I wish I was an official brawl room mod so I could just lock this thread.
You seem to be unable to swallow the truth. That's fine, I don't expect all of you to realize and understand right away.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
So Nintendo has a link to the brawl website on it's front page, gave sakurai his own building and a 50 person dev team; just so he could get back at us competitive smashers for making a sport out of the game?

Man! Nintendo is very supportive of Sakuarai......this is a stupid thread.

village-idiot

Smash Rookie
So Nintendo has a link to the brawl website on it's front page, gave sakurai his own building and a 50 person dev team; just so he could get back at us competitive smashers for making a sport out of the game?

Man! Nintendo is very supportive of Sakuarai......this is a stupid thread.
How do you know that could have been simply a false information? Its all a lie. All of this "We have dozens of people working on this project back up by piles of funds" is simply making you think Super Smash Bros Brawl is real. It's not.

Pheonix Gamma

Smash Cadet
WHAT THE **** YOU FUKING LIAR
Sakurai would enever doe this to us! he loves us too much for this to ****ing happen you ****ing peice of **** I hope you die!

GOD ****IT EVERYTIME I READ THIS I GET ANRGIER
ANRGY LIKE GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I WILL **** YOU UP WHOEVER YOU ARE
I WILL ****IN FIND YOU AND KILL YOU IF YOU EVER POST HERE AGAOIN

GET THE **** OUT
**** OFF ****IT

AND TAKE YOUR LIES AND SAKURAI SLANDERING WITH YOU
Remember kids: Don't feed the troll!

Also, threatening people is against forum rules, IIRC

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ok guys, he's been banned so lets let the thread die. I'm sure a Brawl room mod will come around here sometime soon.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Before I explain. If you do not want to be dissapointed on the launch day, if you do not want to understand the horrible truth, then I suggest you click back, because this will shock you.

First, a little about myself. I am a huge fan of smash bros, ever since me and my friends played a 4player match in SSB64, we were hooked. I bought Melee on launch day, played it with my friends to the death to it all. We can never get tired of it. I have been to a few tournaments, suffice to say I'm no competitive player, but a player who likes to explore and experiment with the game mechanics with his friends. I have gotten to the point where I can adapt to any item/stage layout in the game. And when brawl was announced I had set a life goal to check the smash bro dojo every night, I have tailored my schedule to see fit that I am to be right on time for the new updates.

My uncle works for Nintendo of America and is in the team who is responsible for translating and marketing of SSBB in North America. Of course you may expect proof, some sort of bogus prediction list, etc. However my uncle would not spoil the next update, nor would he spoil the entire character roster. I liked it that way. I would always get exited talking to him and even hitting him up for a smash or two. Me and my uncle are very close. But I am not here to convince you that I have relations to the Brawl project.

One day after the Diddy Kong update I had called my Uncle to chat with him about how interesting it was. Because I had loved playing DKC back in my SNES days. My uncle however was abit strange, "There's something I have to tell you." Those words are still glued to my mind as I type this.

After a long talk and few questions. It became clear, Brawl does not exist, it is a hoax, a ploy to trick many of you people. After the release of Melee, the developers had noticed that their game was treated as some sort of competive sport of some sort. They were astonished, they made Melee to be a fun party fighting game, mayhem and fun were the essence of melee. Not some game where using glitches in stages like final destination with no items on.

The developers were right in my oppinion. This game isn't KoF, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, it's Super Smash Bros. However, I thought this was too ignorant. People can play the game in thier own way and however they want. But my uncle had simply sighed and said the developers were tired of being hassled by tourney players to keep wave dashing, to BASICALLY have the same game, just better visuals and perhaps different characters.

Sakurai and his team were tired of this. They decided to change brawl completly. However, Sakurai had a better idea. He would simply design an engine with wii graphics tacked on, design some character models and stages, take screenshots, without bothering to design the actual gameplay. They would delay it right before the release date and keep delaying til the point it would be cancelled. This would harm some of the casual players or non competitive players such as my self. But to Sakurai it was worth it.

Skimming through all of these topics had saddened me knowing these were all false hopes and dreams. I even spotted a topic of people DREAMING about playing brawl one day. I couldn't take it anymore, I must give you all the truth.

I know many you may not believe me, but I could not believe it myself until later on the day. Sure, call me a troll or liar, say my uncle is screwing with me, but from the depths of my heart, everything that I have written here is the cold hard truth. Super Smash Bros Brawl, does not exist. It is a hoax, Sakurai is avenging to what many tourney players have done to melee. He is tired of people expecting rehashed sequels, and some game sport that relies on bugs and glitches for tactics.

Super Smash Bros Brawl does not exist.

there is a village some where missing some idiot

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, that was a pretty lame trolling. Not really a hurt as there are already a thousand locked topics just like this. Ehhh

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
But my uncle had simply sighed and said the developers were tired of being hassled by tourney players to keep wave dashing, to BASICALLY have the same game, just better visuals and perhaps different characters. /quote]

OMFGZ Z I TOLD UZ GUYZ NO WAVEDASHING LOLZ

No no but, seriously, there's a reason his username is village idiot. Guys, don't feed the troll.. And I'm also surprised this thread hasn't been closed.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
really......well then you don't know how many fans are gonna be pissed off...btw even if your uncle works for Nintendo,it dosent mean he knows the freaking character roster,Shigueru Miyamoto knows,not some worker in the US version of Nintendo,if brawl didnt come out in dec.3 i would be so angry....i mean,making people so happy for the characters,making a video,waiting 6 freaking years for a sequel but canceled?,

I MEAN THEY HAVE MADE ALL THOSE SCREEN SHOTS,VIDEOS AND NEWS AND YEARS OF PROGRAMMING,just a freaking joke?,that means we stay with Melee?,i have wait 2 ****ING YEARS FOR THIS GAME,SOME ONE PLZ LOCK THIS THREAD!!

arpanet

Smash Rookie
Hey all, Arpanet here. I just joined today after Village Idiot gave me an invite. I'm one of his online contacts.

I just wanted to say that I believe him and you should to. Why is this, you ask? Well, about a couple months ago after getting my graphics design degree I got an interesting phonecall. It was from Nintendo Of America and they were looking all over the place for graphic designers on behalf of Nintendo and affiliates for various odd jobs etc.

Anyways, I don't know much of the details but I was hired to render various different pictures of nintendo characters fighting like in the hit game, super smash brothers. This request came over E-mail, and would be taken care of online. This was normal for commissions, and I thought it might be part of some localized ad campaign.

Imagine my surprise when myself, a gamer, was linked to the Smash brothers Dojo site only to see some of my own work posted. (They asked me to do the curry plate specifically)

Now, there is nothing legally wrong with this, they never made it clear to what end my talents were being used and THEY DID PAY ME but... you can't imagine how it is to be so deceived.

I now know for sure that there will be no Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Just as there was no 3D chrono trigger and no Super Mario 2.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Hey all, Arpanet here. I just joined today after Village Idiot gave me an invite. I'm one of his online contacts.

I just wanted to say that I believe him and you should to. Why is this, you ask? Well, about a couple months ago after getting my graphics design degree I got an interesting phonecall. It was from Nintendo Of America and they were looking all over the place for graphic designers on behalf of Nintendo and affiliates for various odd jobs etc.

Anyways, I don't know much of the details but I was hired to render various different pictures of nintendo characters fighting like in the hit game, super smash brothers. This request came over E-mail, and would be taken care of online. This was normal for commissions, and I thought it might be part of some localized ad campaign.

Imagine my surprise when myself, a gamer, was linked to the Smash brothers Dojo site only to see some of my own work posted. (They asked me to do the curry plate specifically)

Now, there is nothing legally wrong with this, they never made it clear to what end my talents were being used and THEY DID PAY ME but... you can't imagine how it is to be so deceived.

I now know for sure that there will be no Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Just as there was no 3D chrono trigger and no Super Mario 2.

No.
16 bits.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

your a bit too late to the party. Village Idiot was already exposed as a 4chan troll, just like you are. so go back home.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Yeah, because Nintendo would make it's most anticipated game ever a hoax because they have "morals" and "honor" unlike other companies who only want money [/sarcasm]

If Sakurai decided not to make Brawl, then Nintendo would give the ol' "screw you" and have somebody else make the game for one reason: THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY.

It doesn't matter if you play Smash with "honor" or play it "like it was meant to be played." You payed money for the game. Competitive and semi-competitive (like myself) players payed just as much. Also, they added longevity to the game. Without competitive Smash, it wouldn't be as big.

Oh, and if Brawl was a hoax, Nintendo would lose all credibility and probably lose a ridiculous amount of fans.

Oh, and I realize that MookieRah has probably said everything I just said.

EDIT: It appears that Mookie said everything I did. I fail once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom