• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don’t think it’s a hard barrier. The closest we have to such is “might have had misgivings” with regards to Cloud, which is a quote from an interview in which Sakurai is pretty open to the idea of non-Nintendo characters and is even dismissive of the Nintendo-related alternatives.

Source

Of course, I’m all for discussion and there’s room for debate, but to say everyone “had to” make an appearance on a Nintendo console and that it is “stated to be very much a criteria” is in my opinion not a statement that is undeniably backed up by evidence
" I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though. " - This is what I'm talking about. Between this and the fact that EVERY CHARACTER STILL FOLLOWS THE RULE is the point I'm making.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
" I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though. " - This is what I'm talking about. Between this and the fact that EVERY CHARACTER STILL FOLLOWS THE RULE is the point I'm making.
Yes, and the fact that “might have had misgivings” is far from a hard barrier, placed in an article that in no way follows the spirit of being wary of adding characters with a weak Nintendo connection and the fact there’s an argument to be made that the rest of the characters that “follow the rule” are coincidental in doing so leads me to my point that throwing up this hard barrier is not necessarily in line of Sakurai’s actual thought process.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yes, and the fact that “might have had misgivings” is far from a hard barrier, placed in an article that in no way follows the spirit of being wary of adding characters with a weak Nintendo connection and the fact there’s an argument to be made that the rest of the characters that “follow the rule” are coincidental in doing so leads me to my point that throwing up this hard barrier is not necessarily in line of Sakurai’s actual thought process.
Even in the argument you're making, Cloud still had the appearance in Theatrhythm, which honestly makes the whole point moot anyway since he had the Nintendo connection all along. Every character STILL follows the rule to this day, which says more than anything else that Sakurai still uses it as a major baseline - or, more appropriately, Nintendo does not want to promote console rival-exclusive games in their crossover.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Even in the argument you're making, Cloud still had the appearance in Theatrhythm, which honestly makes the whole point moot anyway since he had the Nintendo connection all along. Every character STILL follows the rule to this day, which says more than anything else that Sakurai still uses it as a major baseline - or, more appropriately, Nintendo does not want to promote console rival-exclusive games in their crossover.
I think your confidence in your knowledge of Nintendo’s and Sakurai’s exact thought process over what’s essentially a series of coincidences is enormously misplaced. If you don’t want a non-Nintendo third party, fine, but don’t pretend that that is backed by anything more than conjecture mainly driven by your own bias.

I do agree with you that going far out of the Nintendo influence sphere should be a rare occurence and I’d disagree with a season worth of exclusive;y-third party characters, but I do not believe Cloud or Joker would not have made the cut if it weren‘t for games that aren’t even featured in their challenger packs.

Personally, “Might have had misgivings” is a good start for a debate, but not cause to close the case as a hard line barrier or the basis of a rule that has to be and has been religiously upheld thanks to saving graces like Persona Q2. As an exception, I can perfectly accept a non-Nintendo character.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think your confidence in your knowledge of Nintendo’s and Sakurai’s exact thought process over what’s essentially a series of coincidences is enormously misplaced. If you don’t want a non-Nintendo third party, fine, but don’t pretend that that is backed by anything more than conjecture mainly driven by your own bias.

I do agree with you that going far out of the Nintendo influence sphere should be a rare occurence and I’d disagree with a season worth of exclusive;y-third party characters, but I do not believe Cloud or Joker would not have made the cut if it weren‘t for games that aren’t even featured in their challenger packs.
Here's the thing - it has nothing to do with me not wanting a Sony character - one of my most wanted is Sly Cooper - but I'm also a realist. If there's a pattern over 89 ****ing characters than I'm sorry, that's not a pattern, it's a god damn rule.

As for the second point... what? Just because Theatyrhythm and Q are spinoffs doesn't mean they don't count, they are, unequivocally, games in those franchises that appeared on the Nintendo 3DS which do in fact include some form of Cloud and Joker. Hell, considering Persona as a whole is, in fact, a spinoff, I don't see why you would even doubt the validity of a spinoff franchise counting.

On top of everything else, at the very least, Final Fantasy and Persona at least had some form of presence on Nintendo systems before they entered Smash, whereas series that are exlusively Playstation First Party have never even touched a Nintendo system. Not to mention the Fortnite thing is barely even an appearance, considering those are just skins on a default character skeleton and not the actual character themselves, seeing as they still operate under Fortnite's logic in the game and don't even have voices. They're the Mii costumes of Fortnite.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is there any chance a character would be eligible if they themselves haven’t appeared in a game that was nominated for the goty awards but they have been in a series that was nominated recently? I’m guessing no but I’m gonna ask just in case
No, that wouldn’t be acceptable.

You know, even in the case of the more out there picks, like Sora, Joker, the FF boys, Snake, Banjo, and Steve, the character still had to make an appearance on a Nintendo console in a game from their own series first, and Sakurai has stated that is very much criteria for getting in, ergo, characters owned by Sony shouldn't be eligible unless their game has been on a Nintendo system before.

Sora - His series has had numerous titles on Nintendo.
Joker - Appeared in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth on 3DS before joining Smash.
Cloud - Appeared in Theatrythm Final Fantasy on 3DS before joining Smash
Snake - Appeared in Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on Gamecube before joining Smash

You can say "but muh Microsoft" but note how Master Chief, the brand's mascot, wasn't EITHER of the first two choices from the company, and still isn't in, whereas all the other Microsoft content (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom) DID appear on a Nintendo system.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom What do you have to say about this?
I had considered preventing non-Nintendo characters and I do think this will be a trend in the future. However, considering the nature of the prompt, it’s our first DLC, and the potential for characters out there - this felt like the more fun way to go. That being said, if a Non-Third Party newcomer gets in, we can do a whole “port the game” job :)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No, that wouldn’t be acceptable.

I had considered preventing non-Nintendo characters and I do think this will be a trend in the future. However, considering the nature of the prompt, it’s our first DLC, and the potential for characters out there - this felt like the more fun way to go. That being said, if a Non-Third Party newcomer gets in, we can do a whole “port the game” job :)
Yes, because we're definitely going to be able to get a Ratchet and Clank port to Switch, I'm sure

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest I totally understand the worries about adding the Sony characters but this game existing at all is pretty unrealistic to start with. We absolutely shouldn't add like, non game characters or anything but I feel like sony characters do kind of feel like a Next step for the game.

Ultimately it doesn't matter because you should all vote for wacky wahoo pizza man anyway,

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You know, even in the case of the more out there picks, like Sora, Joker, the FF boys, Snake, Banjo, and Steve, the character still had to make an appearance on a Nintendo console in a game from their own series first, and Sakurai has stated that is very much criteria for getting in, ergo, characters owned by Sony shouldn't be eligible unless their game has been on a Nintendo system before.

Sora - His series has had numerous titles on Nintendo.
Joker - Appeared in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth on 3DS before joining Smash.
Cloud - Appeared in Theatrythm Final Fantasy on 3DS before joining Smash
Snake - Appeared in Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on Gamecube before joining Smash

You can say "but muh Microsoft" but note how Master Chief, the brand's mascot, wasn't EITHER of the first two choices from the company, and still isn't in, whereas all the other Microsoft content (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom) DID appear on a Nintendo system.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom What do you have to say about this?
I'd say that's just a result of basically every character that could be added having a Nintendo appearance. I mean, there's only a Sony character, Master Chief, a Valve rep, and 2B left, and the first three are pretty unrealistic. That's like saying that since every third party so far has arms, they all must have arms. Of course they all have arms, because almost every character has them.

Also, fairly certain those Mii costumes were negotiated while Bethesda was it's own company. It's not like they would be like "ok scrap the doom guy we're adding a master chief Mii"

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Traveler (Genshin Impact)
Nominated for Best Mobile Game 2021, so this is eligible. Genshin is huge and definitely a part of the gaming zeitgeist for better or worse. Traveler is the main protagonist, following the Fire Emblem precedent and preventing the fanbase from flaring up.

If Smash Bros. Infinite was real, we would definitely have a lot of fans clamoring for Genshin representation, so despite being a dark horse in Ultimate representation, Genshin Impact‘s rising popularity would definitely have its effects on the requests for Infinite, strong enough to consider its main character as a new character.

Adding Traveller would also allow to incorporate Genshin’s (non-gacha) mechanics, which are pretty nifty. Definitely a hype-bringer in its own right, fullfilling the prompt to a tee as much as you might hate it.

E47B36DA-0C95-4E17-901D-A908D5770733.jpeg

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yes, because we're definitely going to be able to get a Ratchet and Clank port to Switch, I'm sure
Smash has a tendency to break its own patterns. We already did it by not adding a Sword/Shield rep and did so with other inclusions. While this game is an attempt with realism, I feel it has went beyond that and become more so an embodiment of Smash speculation trends and ideals. I envision this as one way of breaking from a pattern by potentially including a character that has yet to appear on a Nintendo console. I don’t honestly see how that’s an issue. It’s one thing trying to keep the thread based on realism, it’s another trying to get fun and interesting prompts that diverts from the predictability. The whole model for this thread isn’t really conductive to creating a realistic roster by any stretch of the imagination. If I wanted us to craft a 100% realistic roster, I would of done it far differently but would of been far less fun and engaging. In addition, when I come up with prompts, my main thought is to make it fun and engaging. To encourage people to be creative and to submit something they enjoy. I said I would be more heavy

And whose to say Ratchet and Clank wouldn’t get ported - if hypothetical Nintendo wills it, it happens :3

But man I worry about when we add in a 4th party for our last character

Last edited:
Smash has a tendency to break its own patterns. We already did it by not adding a Sword/Shield rep and did so with other inclusions. While this game is an attempt with realism, I feel it has went beyond that and become more so an embodiment of Smash speculation trends and ideals. I envision this as one way of breaking from a pattern by potentially including a character that has yet to appear on a Nintendo console. I don’t honestly see how that’s an issue. It’s one thing trying to keep the thread based on realism, it’s another trying to get fun and interesting prompts that diverts from the predictability. The whole model for this thread isn’t really conductive to creating a realistic roster by any stretch of the imagination. If I wanted us to craft a 100% realistic roster, I would of done it far differently but would of been far less fun and engaging.

And whose to say Ratchet and Clank wouldn’t get ported - if hypothetical Nintendo wills it, it happens :3
You're right. And you know that Halo could be ported on Nintendo Console someday if Microsoft will allow it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job #224

The Chefs from Overcooked (From Overcooked, duh)

1638907616012.png

Overcooked 2 won Best Family Game at TGA 2018, was ported to almost every modern system under the sun, and has been nominated and won multiple awards at award shows other than TGA as well. The chefs would utilize a cooking based moveset, something that would be relatively new to Smash, and would be a fun character with a diverse set of palettes to represent a well beloved family game that many people have played at get togethers and such.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Zagreus - Hades

Zagreus.png

What is Hades?
Hades is a neat Indie video game made by Supergiant Games, it's a fairly popular roguelike where you, the player, takes the role of Zagreus, the prince of the Underworld, who is trying to escape the realm to get away from his father, Hades, and reach Mount Olympus to join his other fellow Greek Gods who support his quest. He is also helped on his quest by notorious residents of the Underworld, such as Sisyphus, Eurydice, and Patroclus, along with many more iconic figures from ancient Greek legends! The game has a hack 'n' slash combat system, and is presented in an isometric view, which seems to be a constant for Supergiant Games and is truly perfected in Hades. The player starts a run-through of the game by trying to fight their way through a number of rooms; the rooms are drawn from a pool of pre-determined layouts, but their order and the enemies that appear are randomly determined. I highly recommend this game, it pretty much got me through the beginning of this year. oh yeah, you can also pet cerberus

look at this good boy

This game got awarded the "Action Game of the Year" award at the Game Awards of 2020, a title truly befitting for Hades.

Why Hades?
Well, Hades has been insanely popular ever since it came out, even still being played to this day due to its infinite replayability. It was met with critical success by casuals and critics alike, and even Nintendo recognized it and decided to publish the physical copies for Switch, pushing the title in Nintendo Directs. Zagreus is fully able to gain a moveset befitting of a DLC character, and there are a lot of lovable characters we can use for our Spirit Board. What about the music list? Well, bangers, my friend, only bangers. Uhh, Smash Dungeon enemy? We got enough! Yeah, despite it being an indie game from a small studio, the game offers tons of possible content to include. Considering everything, this game is absolutely a fitting Indie rep as well, and an amazing Smash inclusion.

How would Zagreus fight?
Well, just like I said previously, the game has a hack and slash combat system, and I assume Zagreus in Smash to be following that role too, although that wouldn't be his main focus. Back to Hades again, Zagreus' moveset entirely depends on his pre-determined weapon of choice (which there are 6!) which could be integrated in his moveset or we could just keep it sword-only which is fine by me as well. He also has a magic "cast" which can be used from long range, a dash attack that could deal damage depending on the Boons you equip and a summon attack that can call tremendous power from the Gods, which is fitting for a Final Smash. Throughout a run, the Olympians will provide Boons, each of which provides a choice of three persistent boosts and effects for that run that the player can select from; the Boons are themed based on the Olympian, for example with Zeus's boons providing lightning damage effects, and Artemis's boons being critical-hit based (cause she's a huntress). This would totally serve as our DLC gimmick, look at it as Shulk's Monado arts but on absolute steroids.

Closing Words
yo I just realized we can make the trailer involve Palutena who would send her boon to Zagreus, which would eventually end up being a smash invitation

anyways, go play hades, its pretty baller

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My phone loves to crash and cause what I was writing to vanish.

Additionally, when I come up with prompts, my main purpose is to write a prompt that seems interesting and engaging without being restrictive. This is why I allowed non-Nintendo characters in. With my entire involvement as leader, I’ve found people will be either fine with a prompt or those who challenge it. That’s fine and I do try to consider all possible outcomes (insert dr. Strange gif) when I get a prompt going. I felt this prompt has the best possible submissions with room for creativity and breaking the envelope.

My phone loves to crash and cause what I was writing to vanish.

Additionally, when I come up with prompts, my main purpose is to write a prompt that seems interesting and engaging without being restrictive. This is why I allowed non-Nintendo characters in. With my entire involvement as leader, I’ve found people will be either fine with a prompt or those who challenge it. That’s fine and I do try to consider all possible outcomes (insert dr. Strange gif) when I get a prompt going. I felt this prompt has the best possible submissions with room for creativity and breaking the envelope.
So that's why there is Kratos, Chief, Ratchet & Clank and others who didn't debuted on Nintendo Systems are here.

And Besides, when we're gonna reveal New Character on January 27th, 2022, we could need a Nintendo Direct to air it, so the view will rise.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In the light of Mr Robotto doing a better job at a Hades write-up than I am ever bothered to do, I’ve submitted a different character. Question remaining is who’s brave enough to submit Edelgard to highlight Fire Emblem: Three Houses winning the Player’s Voice award last year.
I thought I mentioned this in the opening post. Again, there is typically a lot to remember to add in so perhaps I forgot it but this is for third party only.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
In the light of Mr Robotto doing a better job at a Hades write-up than I am ever bothered to do, I’ve submitted a different character. Question remaining is who’s brave enough to submit Edelgard to highlight Fire Emblem: Three Houses winning the Player’s Voice award last year.
Ah, my bad. I was typing out my submission since the "nintendo appearance" debate started, and forgot to occasionaly refresh so your submission kinda got lumped in the huge pile when I posted and I missed it. Again, apologies! lol

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ah, my bad. I was typing out my submission since the "nintendo appearance" debate started, and forgot to occasionaly refresh so your submission kinda got lumped in the huge pile when I posted and I missed it. Again, apologies! lol
No problem! Just glad to see that someone else had the good sense to submit Zagreus so that duty didn’t befall to me exclusively.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Zagreus - Hades

View attachment 339757
What is Hades?
Hades is a neat Indie video game made by Supergiant Games, it's a fairly popular roguelike where you, the player, takes the role of Zagreus, the prince of the Underworld, who is trying to escape the realm to get away from his father, Hades, and reach Mount Olympus to join his other fellow Greek Gods who support his quest. He is also helped on his quest by notorious residents of the Underworld, such as Sisyphus, Eurydice, and Patroclus, along with many more iconic figures from ancient Greek legends! The game has a hack 'n' slash combat system, and is presented in an isometric view, which seems to be a constant for Supergiant Games and is truly perfected in Hades. The player starts a run-through of the game by trying to fight their way through a number of rooms; the rooms are drawn from a pool of pre-determined layouts, but their order and the enemies that appear are randomly determined. I highly recommend this game, it pretty much got me through the beginning of this year. oh yeah, you can also pet cerberus

look at this good boy

This game got awarded the "Action Game of the Year" award at the Game Awards of 2020, a title truly befitting for Hades.

Why Hades?
Well, Hades has been insanely popular ever since it came out, even being played to this day due to its infinite replayability. I was met with critical success by casuals and critics alike, and even Nintendo recognized it and decided to publish the physical copies for Switch, pushing the title in Nintendo Directs. Zagreus is fully able to gain a moveset befitting of a DLC character, and there are a lot of lovable characters we can use for our Spirit Board. What about the music list? Well, bangers, my friend, only bangers. Uhh, Smash Dungeon enemy? We got enough! Yeah, despite it being an indie game from a small studio, the game offers tons of possible content to include. Considering everything, this game is absolutely a fitting Indie rep as well, and an amazing Smash inclusion.

How would Zagreus fight?
Well, just like I said previously, the game has a hack and slash combat system, and I assume Zagreus in Smash to be following that role too, although that wouldn't be his main focus. Back to Hades again, Zagreus' moveset entirely depends on his pre-determined weapon of choice (which there are 6!) which could be integrated in his moveset or we could just keep it to his sword-only which is fine by me as well. He also has a magic "cast" which can be used from long range, a dash attack that could deal damage depending on the Boons you equip and a summon attack that can call tremendous power from the Gods, which is fitting for a Final Smash. Throughout a run, the Olympians will provide Boons, each of which provides a choice of three persistent boosts and effects for that run that the player can select from; the Boons are themed based on the Olympian, for example with Zeus's boons providing lightning damage effects, and Artemis's boons being critical-hit based (cause she's a huntress). This would totally serve as our DLC gimmick, look at it as Shulk's Monado arts but on absolute steroids.

Closing Words
yo I just realized we can make the trailer involve Palutena who would send her boon to Zagreus, which would eventually end up being a smash invitation

This. This is what I'm voting for. Him and Dante.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 224

I'll submit The Recruit from Fortnite

Infamy is still famous, and A Fortnite character is definitely infamous.

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Joker. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage. The Recruit would be heavier but not slow and has a good jump, their move set could revolve around item management and pure survival.

The Most Famous character is obviously Jonesy followed by Ramirez. But the ones shown above and the ones mentioned are not the only ones, new ones were added just the other day!

Fortnite may be known for it's crossovers but it's original content has it's own quality and depth. It has consistent and interesting characters and lore as well as great music.

Also some people say it's a fad but it's been going strong since 2018, it had server issues on saturday because a record amount of people were trying to join the game at the same time. It's safe to say that it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
I just want to give a bit more promotion to my submission because i'm shameless lmao (I added stuff at the end)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

2B

NeiR Automata

Commanding System: Check
Prompts Completed: Check
Hype Percentage Calculated: 75%
Black Box Temperature: Normal
Moveset Potential: Omega Level
Company Onboard: Confirmed
Vitals:
Green
Worthy of being DLC: Confirmed

YoRHA requests confirmation by Nintendo HQ for YoRHa No.2 Type B to participate in the greatest battle for humanity. Unit is ready to engage in hostiles upon receiving the Invitation Message Program. Unit 2B will come equipped with only the best tools to wipe away any threat. Despite her heavy frame, she remains quick and agile with remarkable attack speed on levels not seen yet. Unit 2B will be accompanied by a YoRHA Pod which is capable of dozens of different programs which aim to defeat any enemy she may encounter. What program she had access to is for you to decide.
Hardly does any fighter have such a list of potential attacks to choose from. Unit 2B has plenty of attacks to choose from with both stance-based weaponry, projectiles, and even self-detonation. If this does not convince you that 2B would be a worthwhile addition, perhaps this may convince you to include 2B:

The software program NieR Automata has a plethora of content to choose from with such locations such as Abandoned Factory, City Ruins, Forest Kingdom, or Amusement Park. These locations offer plenty of content which YoRHA believes would transition well into Smash variables. Speaking of YoRHA, we have dozens of personnel and databases on enemies to provide as both cameos and Spirits not to mention assist trophies, bosses, and other includable content.

And dare we mention how NieR Automata won the Best Gaming Score in 2017 (according to Wikipedia). Our processors believe that including such a score would be a huge success in Smash with plenty of tracks to choose from. We scoured our musical databases and found this to be of significance. Plus, focusing heavily on this amazing soundtrack would be fitting considering it’s win in 2017

We implore you to explore more of this, as humans say, breathtaking soundtrack here:

This was done by a consensus within YoRHA but written in a way that is more approachable for past humans. We truly hope, for the sake of mankind, that YoRHA Unit 2B is included.

Disconnected…

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 224: Master Hand

Master Hand is one of the most recurring characters of, you guessed it, Smash. Smash Ultimate won best Fighting Game in 2019, so there's that. Master Hand would show that we ain't messing around when it comes to character reveals. Also, the reveal trailer here is amazing.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 224: Master Hand

Master Hand is one of the most recurring characters of, you guessed it, Smash. Smash Ultimate won best Fighting Game in 2019, so there's that. Master Hand would show that we ain't messing around when it comes to character reveals. Also, the reveal trailer here is amazing.
We will only be doing third party. It’s best to assume most will be third party unless stated otherwise.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Job 224: Ekko

maxresdefault.jpg

Normally this would have been an Ahri nomination. So why did I change it? 2 reasons:

1. Ekko is getting his own game, Convergence. I'm assuming it's already released by the time Smash Infinite is released.
2. Ekko is a reoccuring character in the Netflix hit show Arcane. People would know who he is from Arcane if they didn't already know him from LoL.

A quick summary about Ekko: He fights by turning back time and an invention in the LoL universe called Hextech. Basically Magic + Technology, Ekko makes his own weapons infused with it. I'd need to go back into his lore to double check for better details, but I am about to fall asleep.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Game Awards Character

Nathan Drake

Uncharted is one of Sony's best selling franchises, and Nathan Drake is considered to be one of Sony's mascots.

Much like Warpenguin I'm starting to drift off, so if I have time before things close I'll come back to write more

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the current list of submissions. We will keep things open a bit longer but will be closing them in about 4 hours. From there we will have a discussion over these submissions and which ones you feel would make the most amount of sense both as our first dlc fighter but also within a fighter’s while keeping in mind of the content that will come with it.

Dingodile - 2019 - Best Sports/Racing Game (Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fuelled)

An advisary turned buddy of Crash Bandicoot, Dingodile would bring a hybrid vaccum-flamethrower into battle to switch between wind to draw foes near and flames to blast them away! Of course, he is only here to promote his diner.

I was gonna submit Cuphead, but I know for a fact we'd make him a terrible uberzoner like Mega Man so I went for Dingo instead.
Oh heckin' YEAH! I've been waiting for this moment and chance!

(sighs in relief) Now that takes many of us back to the 2000's, including myself. There's many nostalgic games in this console we all grew up with as a young kid, like Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, and most of all, the topic of this post, so it's time to rip ourselves a new one with the two and only...

Job #224: The Game Awards Newcomer - Ratchet and Clank

Franchise: Ratchet & Clank
Companies: Sony Interactive Entertainment (publisher) and Insomniac Games (developer; also known for Spyro the Dragon and a Marvel universe with Spider-Man, Miles Morales and Wolverine)
Games in The Game Awards:
Who are Ratchet and Clank?

Ratchet & Clank is one of Sony's flagship franchises on their PlayStation console brand, created and developed by Insomniac Games since it's debut on PlayStation 2 in November 4th, 2002. The series focuses on action platforming gameplay with third-person shooting elements, following science fiction-based adventures of the eponymous intergalactic adventurer duo, Ratchet (a young Lombax mechanic and pilot, who lived in Veldin) and Clank (a sentient Zoni robot, who was deemed "defective" and ran away from Quartu) as they travel through the Solana Galaxy, saving it from evil forces that consistently threaten it, such as villains like Doctor Nefarious (their arch-enemy), Chairman Alonzo Drek, Courtney Gears (her theme), Gleeman Vox, Otto Destruct, Luna (yes, a little girl is evil) and Emperor Percival Tachyon, with the help of various allies like Captain Qwark, Big Al, Angela Cross, Sasha Phyronix, Talwyn Apogee, Cronk & Zephyr, Alister Azimuth, etc.

Why They Deserve to be in Smash?

Thanks to it's charm which is full of over-the-top characters, epic story-telling & gameplay, catchy & intense music and wacky, funnily awkward moments (this old animated commercial, some weapons and a whole TV Tropes page also says it all), the franchise itself is so popular that it's titular heroes basically became one of Sony's most consistent, longest-enduring and iconic mascots alongside Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sackboy, etc. (Crash was declared one back in the PS1 era while under their ownership), thus appearing in multiple other PlayStation games and crossovers (yes, an Among Us one is real and then there's Fall Guys), even having a manga released in Japan (their games sold very big in the country and even has Crash-like changes as demonstrated above, a exclusive PS3 triple pack, bizarre anniversary videos and was the first Western-developed game bundled with a console), a comic book series by DC Comics in 2010, a theatrical feature film in 2016, etc. Ratchet & Clank would also represent a new company, Sony Interactive Entertainment themselves in this case (Microsoft has a fellow platforming mascot duo, Banjo & Kazooie and Minecraft's Steve, after all), and would complete the trio of main, prominent console developers alongside Microsoft and Nintendo.

These facts alone, especially the last part, would be worth for a potentially very huge and strong hype-inducing reveal, which may even exceed Joker's reveal back in 2018 (at least in the level of Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Sephiroth or even a Sans costume), considering that all three companies teamed up a few times before with executives showing up together the same year (a legendary moment for our lord, Reggie) and working on making social/online gaming more responsible and safer. And let's not forget how both Sony and Nintendo started the development of the original PlayStation console together, back when it was planned as a CD-ROM add-on for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. You may think at this point: "Console wars are over."

Even Masahiro Sakurai himself likes PlayStation itself, having a PS1 Classic Mini and & six PS3 and PS4s, one of them being the latter's Pro model on his console collection and played over 240 games in 2019. He even shared his thoughts of their newest console, PlayStation 5 and also highly recommended Astro's Playroom, which is a huge, all-encompassing love letter/archive to it's history (which also include Ratchet & Clank as a easter egg/cameo in Turbo Trail, the first stage of SSD Speedway, a world based on PlayStation 2).

How They Would Work?

Of course, this isn't their first time in a platform fighting game, since they once appeared in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which was released on PlayStation 3 and Vita in 2012, so they can be easily translated to Smash. They also have a VERY HUGE moveset potential thanks to LOTS OF crazy, unique weapons and gadgets besides Ratchet's signature OmniWrench, which he uses as a melee/boomerang-like weapon, wall-jumping, floating in the air with Clank's Heli-Pack, using Swingshot for a tether recovery-grab and using either their most powerful and badassest weapon, R.Y.N.O. (especially it's upgrade, R.Y.N.O. Xtreme from the 2016 reboot, complete with 1812 Overture from A Crack in Time playing in the background - pretty much their own counterpart of Doomguy/Doom Slayer's BFG 9000), their spaceship (Aphelion in the R&C Future trilogy released on PlayStation 3) or Clank's giant form in their Final Smash, allowing for multiple playstyle/mechanic possibilities (check @BirthNote's sketches of both) with a weapon switch/upgrade gimmick and maybe even the Groovitron & Mr. Zurkon (with unique quotes towards other fighters) as their taunts.

Besides, we need more duo fighters since there's only like four of them (Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt Duo and Banjo & Kazooie themselves). And also, who wants to bring a wrench to a gunfight?

Their alternate dimension counterparts from the recent installment (Rift Apart on PlayStation 5), Rivet and Kit (using a hammer instead of OmniWrench and a warbot mode in place of Giant Clank), would also possibly join in as their alternate costumes (besides various armors and skins). And speaking of content representation, there's dozens of materials to pick up for stage (like Kerwan, which appeared in a few games), music (a soundtrack is so GODDAMN good, so take both a good listen and advice from videos below! - imagine a banger remix of Metropolis in a reveal trailer and this as his victory theme over the results screen similarly to Cloud's), assist trophy, item, boss and spirit possibilties in forthcoming jobs/prompts (maybe even bring up other PlayStation/Sony franchises as music tracks, spirits and Mii costumes?).

And congratulations to everyone who managed to read this whole post (hopefully every part of this long-written research with passion and emotions paid off), so remember this! (they stole from us)
Game Awards Character: The Nahobino from Shin Megami Tensei V

View attachment 339738

From the hit game Shin Megami Tensei V, otherwise known as Persona without the heart, it's the main character, The Protagonist. With no canon name, it would only be suitable to call him by the name of the being he becomes, Nahobino. This demon summoning swordsman hails from a long spanning an influential series being the first monster taming RPG before even Pokemon.

The game has been nominated for best RPG and it's no slouch. The game features huge open areas with tons of collectibles to find, a strategic and in depth battle system that forces you to think through every boss encounter and a cast of over 200 demons to recruit and fuse together.

The Nahobino himself is an ordinary highschool student that gets flung into a mysterious demon infested version of Tokyo known as Da'at. Almost succumbing to the forces of chaos, he is saved by a being known as Aogami who fuses together with him to become a being known as a Nahobino, a creature forsaken by God. He gains the ability to communicate with demons and use them to fight others with strong physical attacks, an array of elemental magic strikes and sickening ailments.
Game Awards rep: Razputin Aquato
View attachment 339739
Raz is the main protagonist of the cult classic Psychonauts series. A young psychic who grew up in the circus, he ran away from home in order to pursue his dream of joining the titular Psychonauts organization. The newest game, Psychonauts 2, has been nominated for five awards, including Game of the Year (and if it doesn't at least win Best Art Direction, SO GOD HELP ME...). Raz's moveset woild not only take cues from his circus roots, but also the various psychic abilities he learns throughout the games, such as pyrokenisis, telekinesis, levitation, and even the ability to slow down time! And those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head: he's got PLENTY of material to work with, and would fit right in with Smash (more so than most other Game Awards nominees, at least).
Game Awards Rep submittion:
Master Chief (Halo)
(I don't need a photo, so you guys can recognize Him from his Green Costume)

Who is Master Chief.
John 117, aka Master Chief is main character of Halo series and very iconic VG Character from whole VG history. He is Spartan soldier, who kills Aliens (Known as Flood) on Planets and he is Microsoft's flagship Mascot. He is known for being Iconic character and his franchise is like Star Wars of Gaming.
John 117 was a boy, who has great skills before being recruited by mysterious Organization and later, he was Cryofrozen for 20 years and after that, he became soldier after training for long after just after being frozen.
He is also most highly requested Character for Super Smash Bros and a lot of Western fans could really want him in the Game, along with possibly Eastern fans, who knew Halo franchise.

Regarding about his Moveset:
Master Chief's Moveset could borrow from every Halo game from history, like Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo Infinite like his rifle or plasma pistol. He could also use Bubble shield or even Plasma Grenade in his Arsenal. He could be Mid-Heavyweight character, who could have 2 unique Gimmicks:
1. Close-Range combat switching - His first gimmick could be inspired from Halo Gameplay, where Master Chief can fight on range combat or close combat. When he is far from Enemy, he uses his Ranged Weapons, but when he's close to Enemy, he uses his Melee moves.
This gimmick only applies to Normal Attacks and Aerial Attacks. (Inspired by BrawlFan1's Idea)
2. Spartan Arsenal - Can switch weapons as Neutral Special, where he gets better weapons after Killing someone. When you got Killed, you drop the weapon and you go from highest to your lowest of your Weapons, Magnum (Inspired by CrakaboLazy's Idea on Super Smash bros. Something Else on Fantendo).
His Final Smash could be, where he sends opponents to cutscene, where he Rides on Warthog mobile with Arbiter and they ran over opponents on Warzone, killing them.

Why Master Chief?
I nominate Master Chief, because his Games like Halo Infinite and Halo Wars 2 were shown at Game awards from 2016-2020 and the Game (Halo Wars 2) was Nominated for Best strategy Game, along with Halo Infinite who is Nominated for this year's Game Awards 2021.
His Inclusion could promote Halo Infinite game, which it could hype up Halo fans and Smash Bros. Community and the Inclusion could be internet Breaking like Steve's, but better and for that, he could be another Microsoft Rep for Super Smash Bros. series after Banjo-Kazooie and Steve. I also really want him in Game, since he is very Iconic VG character with moderate Popular media like Novels or spin-off Games.
That's why I nominate Master Chief for Super Smash Bros. Infinite as game Awards Rep.

Last Words:
Like I said earlier, I really want Master Chief in Smash like most of SSB fans do and Master Chief is also one of Really Popular picks along with Kratos or Ratchet and Clank.
Job 224

I'll submit The Recruit from Fortnite

Infamy is still famous, and A Fortnite character is definitely infamous.

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Joker. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage. The Recruit would be heavier but not slow and has a good jump, their move set could revolve around item management and pure survival.

The Most Famous character is obviously Jonesy followed by Ramirez. But the ones shown above and the ones mentioned are not the only ones, new ones were added just the other day!

Fortnite may be known for it's crossovers but it's original content has it's own quality and depth. It has consistent and interesting characters and lore as well as great music.

Also some people say it's a fad but it's been going strong since 2018, it had server issues on saturday because a record amount of people were trying to join the game at the same time. It's safe to say that it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Dante

The star of Capcom's stylish action series and one of the main characters in Game Awards 2019 best action game winner Devil May Cry 5. The son of a legendary demon knight known as Sparda, Dante is a lazy and wise cracking supernatural private investigator who runs the Devil May Cry agency. His backstory often brings him face to face with powerful demons and his own brother, Virgil. Dante was a fairly common request during the Ultimate DLC cycle, and one that would exite a lot of fans if he was revealed at the game awards. He could have a fun moveset making use of his guns Ebony and Ivory and his sword Rebellion, alongside his demonic abilities. It could incorporate the style switching from his home series.
Traveler (Genshin Impact)
Nominated for Best Mobile Game 2021, so this is eligible. Genshin is huge and definitely a part of the gaming zeitgeist for better or worse. Traveler is the main protagonist, following the Fire Emblem precedent and preventing the fanbase from flaring up.

If Smash Bros. Infinite was real, we would definitely have a lot of fans clamoring for Genshin representation, so despite being a dark horse in Ultimate representation, Genshin Impact‘s rising popularity would definitely have its effects on the requests for Infinite, strong enough to consider its main character as a new character.

Adding Traveller would also allow to incorporate Genshin’s (non-gacha) mechanics, which are pretty nifty. Definitely a hype-bringer in its own right, fullfilling the prompt to a tee as much as you might hate it.

View attachment 339766
Job #224

The Chefs from Overcooked (From Overcooked, duh)

View attachment 339763

Overcooked 2 won Best Family Game at TGA 2018, was ported to almost every modern system under the sun, and has been nominated and won multiple awards at award shows other than TGA as well. The chefs would utilize a cooking based moveset, something that would be relatively new to Smash, and would be a fun character with a diverse set of palettes to represent a well beloved family game that many people have played at get togethers and such.
Zagreus - Hades

View attachment 339757
What is Hades?

look at this good boy

Why Hades?
Well, Hades has been insanely popular ever since it came out, even still being played to this day due to its infinite replayability. It was met with critical success by casuals and critics alike, and even Nintendo recognized it and decided to publish the physical copies for Switch, pushing the title in Nintendo Directs. Zagreus is fully able to gain a moveset befitting of a DLC character, and there are a lot of lovable characters we can use for our Spirit Board. What about the music list? Well, bangers, my friend, only bangers. Uhh, Smash Dungeon enemy? We got enough! Yeah, despite it being an indie game from a small studio, the game offers tons of possible content to include. Considering everything, this game is absolutely a fitting Indie rep as well, and an amazing Smash inclusion.

How would Zagreus fight?
Well, just like I said previously, the game has a hack and slash combat system, and I assume Zagreus in Smash to be following that role too, although that wouldn't be his main focus. Back to Hades again, Zagreus' moveset entirely depends on his pre-determined weapon of choice (which there are 6!) which could be integrated in his moveset or we could just keep it sword-only which is fine by me as well. He also has a magic "cast" which can be used from long range, a dash attack that could deal damage depending on the Boons you equip and a summon attack that can call tremendous power from the Gods, which is fitting for a Final Smash. Throughout a run, the Olympians will provide Boons, each of which provides a choice of three persistent boosts and effects for that run that the player can select from; the Boons are themed based on the Olympian, for example with Zeus's boons providing lightning damage effects, and Artemis's boons being critical-hit based (cause she's a huntress). This would totally serve as our DLC gimmick, look at it as Shulk's Monado arts but on absolute steroids.

Closing Words

2B

NeiR Automata

Commanding System: Check
Prompts Completed: Check
Hype Percentage Calculated: 75%
Black Box Temperature: Normal
Moveset Potential: Omega Level
Company Onboard: Confirmed
Vitals:
Green
Worthy of being DLC: Confirmed

YoRHA requests confirmation by Nintendo HQ for YoRHa No.2 Type B to participate in the greatest battle for humanity. Unit is ready to engage in hostiles upon receiving the Invitation Message Program. Unit 2B will come equipped with only the best tools to wipe away any threat. Despite her heavy frame, she remains quick and agile with remarkable attack speed on levels not seen yet. Unit 2B will be accompanied by a YoRHA Pod which is capable of dozens of different programs which aim to defeat any enemy she may encounter. What program she had access to is for you to decide.
Hardly does any fighter have such a list of potential attacks to choose from. Unit 2B has plenty of attacks to choose from with both stance-based weaponry, projectiles, and even self-detonation. If this does not convince you that 2B would be a worthwhile addition, perhaps this may convince you to include 2B:

The software program NieR Automata has a plethora of content to choose from with such locations such as Abandoned Factory, City Ruins, Forest Kingdom, or Amusement Park. These locations offer plenty of content which YoRHA believes would transition well into Smash variables. Speaking of YoRHA, we have dozens of personnel and databases on enemies to provide as both cameos and Spirits not to mention assist trophies, bosses, and other includable content.

And dare we mention how NieR Automata won the Best Gaming Score in 2017 (according to Wikipedia). Our processors believe that including such a score would be a huge success in Smash with plenty of tracks to choose from. We scoured our musical databases and found this to be of significance. Plus, focusing heavily on this amazing soundtrack would be fitting considering it’s win in 2017

We implore you to explore more of this, as humans say, breathtaking soundtrack here:

This was done by a consensus within YoRHA but written in a way that is more approachable for past humans. We truly hope, for the sake of mankind, that YoRHA Unit 2B is included.

Disconnected…
Job 224: Ekko

View attachment 339793

Normally this would have been an Ahri nomination. So why did I change it? 2 reasons:

1. Ekko is getting his own game, Convergence. I'm assuming it's already released by the time Smash Infinite is released.
2. Ekko is a reoccuring character in the Netflix hit show Arcane. People would know who he is from Arcane if they didn't already know him from LoL.

A quick summary about Ekko: He fights by turning back time and an invention in the LoL universe called Hextech. Basically Magic + Technology, Ekko makes his own weapons infused with it. I'd need to go back into his lore to double check for better details, but I am about to fall asleep.
Game Awards Character

Nathan Drake

Uncharted is one of Sony's best selling franchises, and Nathan Drake is considered to be one of Sony's mascots.

Much like Warpenguin I'm starting to drift off, so if I have time before things close I'll come back to write more

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here are the current list of submissions. We will keep things open a bit longer but will be closing them in about 4 hours. From there we will have a discussion over these submissions and which ones you feel would make the most amount of sense both as our first dlc fighter but also within a fighter’s while keeping in mind of the content that will come with it.
Is Kratos ineligible for some reason? I submitted him.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah, sorry, I will add him in there once we get our voting underway. Thanks for reminding me.

So we will move into our discussion phase about what makes the most sense in regards to our first dlc fighter as well as potential content that the series has to include into that DLC bundle. Remember, we will be including more than just the usual that Ultimate had.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
This is really really hard dudes! I know voting's not open yet but idk how I could possibly vote when that list contains some of the most beloved and famous games of the last decade.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin starting our dlc voting phase! Please remember that this character won’t just be our first dlc newcomer but will also come with a bundle full of content such as a stage, Spirits, music, Mii costumes, SmashSpace content as well as two additional content which may include an assist trophy, item, boss, dungeon, and more! In addition, this character and franchise must be important and well-known enough to warrant an inclusion as part of our DLC not to mention our very first one. I was pleased with many of the submissions but I honestly felt a select few of them didn’t take the whole bundle into consideration. Despite that, they have been accepted as candidates. Please direct yourself to here to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom